BOTB7 PPV Broadcast... How did we do?

Old 01-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
Dirtbag Dan
The Best... Around!!!

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Dirtbag Dan is not the worst person
BOTB7 PPV Broadcast... How did we do?

Let's be constructive y'all,

As far as the broadcast portion of the PPV goes, how do we do?

What can we do to improve upon it for BO5 next week?
Dirtbag Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
Fuckin' loved it.

Great work.

Very cool how you pulled people in for interviews, the panning back and forth/one cam set up worked really well.

Maybe if you could be closer to the stage for a higher video quality, with your commentary booth more to the side of the stage.

Salute.
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
Crescent Swerve

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Crescent Swerve is a PY Poster
people are still upset about PASS vs MAGIC not goin doin so the responses may not be aht they would have been

but hearin about the actual PPV , i heard it was mad crispy and that you made it much more entertaining ((everyone was saying it needs to be the same thing with you inbewteen battles))
Crescent Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
Casual

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
didn't catch it live so tbh i skipped to the battles for the most part (then skipped those for the most part).

but what i saw was good. quality on point too.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #5
ekelon
Banned

Mentioned: 591 Post(s)
ekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Y'all did good.

My favorite part was when @AVOCADO threw 2 quarters at Lush and he only caught one, but seen the other one on the ground and said "I'mma keep that one, I need the Ether deposit"

LOL!
ekelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
I already made a post about it in talkback I tagged you in. I'm too slapped to type all that again.

I thought it was great and every event should be like that

Last edited by Breakneck; 01-25-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Breakneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
NotATroll

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
NotATroll is not the worst person
10-10 nothing. just do it again

actually during the battles cut your mic feed off. we could hear noises which was annoying
NotATroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:49 PM   #8
Bawlin

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Bawlin is better than Grind Time AustraliaBawlin is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag Dan View Post

Who wrote caustic's bars?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
Hanzaki

Hanzaki is not the worst person
I thought you and Chris did a good job. Chris should wear a shirt that doesn't show how bad he's sweating next time. Other than that I liked the commentary and the interviews. Do the same thing for Blackout.
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #10
BattleRapChris
Media

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
BattleRapChris is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattleRapChris is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzaki View Post
I thought you and Chris did a good job. Chris should wear a shirt that doesn't show how bad he's sweating next time. Other than that I liked the commentary and the interviews. Do the same thing for Blackout.

Hahaha noted....

It's not usually that bad. Super hot in the venue and I guess I was doing too much running around.

Complete "Born Legacy 2" coverage

Complete "Blackout 6" coverage

Complete 2015 In Review coverage

Twitter -> @BattleRapChris
BattleRapChris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #11
mirvmirvin

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
mirvmirvin is a PY Poster
Interviews were great, battles were pretty good, sound was great. just wish the camera had been a lot closer to the stage really
mirvmirvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 AM   #12
Hanzaki

Hanzaki is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRapChris View Post
Hahaha noted....

It's not usually that bad. Super hot in the venue and I guess I was doing too much running around.

It's cool. It was the only thing I could think of. You guys did a good job.
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 AM   #13
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1175 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirvmirvin View Post
Interviews were great, battles were pretty good, sound was great. just wish the camera had been a lot closer to the stage really
I agree venue kinda boned us on that
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:01 AM   #14
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Only minor gripe was that a couple battles got hard to hear because of the crowd talking during the rounds but really that wasn't even enough to ruin the battles. I could see it potentially being a problem with a bigger or more talkative crowd though so that's why I mention it.

That being said, the quality was great. The interviews and down time between battles were handled great. Swinging the camera around has worked really well as far, as I'm concerned, with every event that has handled things like that (Vendetta, Blackout 2, I think a couple of Poison Pen's events were like that).

Didn't have a problem with the distance of the camera or the angle, but I wouldn't be mad if that was tweaked some. My main concern is the sound over the images though. As long as the former is good, I'm flexible on the latter.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #15
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag Dan View Post

Pretty solid all around. The downtime was handled well with the commentary and interviews that you and Chris conducted, and the sound quality was on-point minus the crowd talking. Looking forward to seeing how the BO5 feed looks.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #16
DonnyOni
Cleto Reyes Gloves

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
DonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Chris vs Goodz, sweat-off, set it up!
DonnyOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #17
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
honestly last night i found myself watching yall's shit more than the battles
particularly the period of time around the Ice battle
like when Heartless came up and shit
that shit was very good TV

I thought it was excellent work by u 2

somethin I liked but to some it could be a criticism,
there were times where yu were doing The DBDShow-esque "Dan personalizing" a bit but honestly it was only during your own interviews and not when yall were both there so in that respect, it was genuis

how yall would step away and he would do some interviews and vice versa-good shit yall
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #18
Wake
antilluminati

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Wake is not the worst person
Polls: awesome, interviews: awesome. More please, and please edit these into the HD upload of the ppv. I wont be able to see it live that weekend and I wanna see that. Yo @AVOCADO, any chance to not have spoilers with the uploads?
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 AM   #19
Otis Funkmeyer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Otis Funkmeyer is a PY Poster
I've only seen a little but I liked it a lot too. The thing I like most is that it takes the whole thing serious... I feel like every other commentary (total slaughter show, total slaughter event, "ether commentary") is geared for normal people who don't care about battle rap... and basically treats battle rap like some kind of stupid joke...

Note esp. to avo and dan:
I think this could, if done well, be a great way for PPV's to be further monetized...
In the internet startup world, you have this term freemium which describes a biz model where 97% of people don't pay but the 3% who do make up for the rest... because those 3% are the heaviest premium users...

So, for those of us who for whatever reason really give a shit about battle rap and know what's up, if you had a great commentary that you could only get on PPV, that could become another big reason to not wait for YouTube and cough up the $$$...

the keyword i'd say is "quality analysis"... definitely a super good start...
Otis Funkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:35 AM   #20
j4remi

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
j4remi is a PY Poster
Overall this was the best PPV I've spent on money on quality wise and I have high expectations for BO. Interviews were on point, battle commentary was pretty damned accurate and the sound was solid (sometimes the crowd made it hard to hear, but that's not something you can really solve). The post-battle interviews were great, KG's matter of fact way of talking about bodying Heartless had me rolling. Moment of the night was when Chris expected Dan to be taking notes and dude was just doodling lmao.

Constructive criticism:
I don't really have any, maybe do a bit more build up to whatever battle is next on the card. So if you know KG and Heartless are next, introduce them (this is mainly for when I try to get friends to peep this ish, has that UFC feel).
j4remi is offline   Reply With Quote