Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Watching all GT battles from oldest to newest

Old 08-20-2019, 02:29 AM   #1
Wtchr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Watching all GT battles from oldest to newest

I'm going to watch all the old Grind Time Battles from the very start.

So far I've watched up to Tantrum vs Reverse Live, which is maybe 30 battles in. I've already watched all the dreck that I never ever watched before, from the time before Lush was involved, and GT was just FL based.

This is obviously a complete waste of time for me and I have no good reason for doing this. Still, I write up a few notes about each battle and I thought I would post them here.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:32 AM   #2
Wtchr

Yung Sheen vs Mosh Jelton
April 16, 2008

Yung Sheen is from Philadelphia: his weakness is weak rappers. I've never heard of him and I have heard of Mosh Jelton. I wonder if that's an effect of not having a presence in the northeast in 2008 that he couldn't build a name. Yung Sheen shouted I'm snappin before the battle started.

Mosh Jelton is not good. Terrible multisyllable style and weird emphasizing on the last word of his lines. Reminds me of Bartone and Nat Select from the first years of KOTD.

Yung Sheen has a lot of gun lines. Better than Mosh though. There's a sameness to all the multisyllable-ness that gets tedious and too often there's obvious filler.
Kap Kallous officiated the overtime which was an unlimited round. Yung Sheen won, which was good.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:35 AM   #3
Wtchr

State of Mynd vs Ill-Logic
Sept 26, 2008

I thought I might post all my notes but decided to just jump to the last battle I watched.

Can't remember if I've seen Ill-Logic so far but I'm pretty sure this is going to be bad.

State of Mynd's slo-motion delivery is so bad. He's "flowin' it honest".

Ill-Logic is better at the start but he's pretty bleh.

Can hear traffic noise in the background. Somethng like a train horn can be heard for a long part of the battle.

SOme of State of Mynd's freestyled lines are decent. "my chinstrap might look like velcro but you have a nose the size of an elbow". State of Mynd ends the battle deserving his win.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:46 AM   #4
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Yung Sheen vs Mosh Jelton
April 16, 2008

Yung Sheen is from Philadelphia: his weakness is weak rappers. I've never heard of him and I have heard of Mosh Jelton. I wonder if that's an effect of not having a presence in the northeast in 2008 that he couldn't build a name. Yung Sheen shouted I'm snappin before the battle started.

Mosh Jelton is not good. Terrible multisyllable style and weird emphasizing on the last word of his lines. Reminds me of Bartone and Nat Select from the first years of KOTD.

Yung Sheen has a lot of gun lines. Better than Mosh though. There's a sameness to all the multisyllable-ness that gets tedious and too often there's obvious filler.
Kap Kallous officiated the overtime which was an unlimited round. Yung Sheen won, which was good.
Actually they would sound like him
Mosh was a pioneer of that style in this era. That was the style in Florida with weird jokes as it was stemmed allot off of the freestyle top of the head jokes

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:54 AM   #5
Wtchr

Tank Lipp vs Mosh Jelton
Sep 28, 2008

Not expecting much from this. Tank Lipp was absolutely horrible vs Wiseguy and Mosh Jelton is okay.

Mad Illz hosts outside of the Amyway Arena.

Mosh is wearing his own shirt, it looks like he designed it himself with no background or skill in design. Said "never drunk as always". I wonder how many of these rappers that made jokes out of their alcoholism on camera had serious, dark struggles with the bottle as the years went on.

Tank Lipp's intro card shows his real name, Jason Lipp, which I searched and found that in 2017 he self-published a book about his life and his struggles with mental illness. Tank Lipp's self-published a book of poetry as well.

Lipp's first round is only gay and mom jokes. Then Mosh starts and its gay jokes right away then fat jokes. Mosh's delivery has improved from his first battle.

Lipp's second round is mom jokes. It's tedious. Mosh won, good for him. He's better.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:55 AM   #6
Howiefelter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Howiefelter is not the worst person
Thanks for doing this. GT is such a gem....a big gem

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Howiefelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:58 AM   #7
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Actually they would sound like him
Mosh was a pioneer of that style in this era. That was the style in Florida with weird jokes as it was stemmed allot off of the freestyle top of the head jokes
Really? It always seemed to me like Mosh was a guy who watched some really old Saurus/Illmac battles and tried his best to run with that style whilst being absolutely shit faced. The only thing I've ever enjoyed about Mosh Jeltons battling career was when Real Deal impersonated him to a T after Grizzlemania. The kid has never said anything fire ever.

Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:07 AM   #8
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
Really? It always seemed to me like Mosh was a guy who watched some really old Saurus/Illmac battles and tried his best to run with that style whilst being absolutely shit faced. The only thing I've ever enjoyed about Mosh Jeltons battling career was when Real Deal impersonated him to a T after Grizzlemania. The kid has never said anything fire ever.

He def watched allot of Thesaurus. When Saurus said he fathered this entire scene it wasn't really a stretch. He had a couple of good battles like with Storm and a few others.

You can't listen to him under todays standards

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:33 AM   #9
Wtchr

Complex vs Cortez
Sept 30, 2008

Never heard of Complex. Everyone knows Cortez.

What is this venue for the first GTNY battles? Its the back of a venue? It's so strange watching this group crammed into a hallway to shout at each other. Both these guys seem loud as fuck when they get going.

Complex was fine. Cortez is more intense than Complex and probably has better wordplay but he's got this long first round scheme about whose the father of some baby and it's not great.

Both loud shouters with violent styles but Cortez is clearly a more seasoned performer. Only thing is Complex is shouting right in Cortez's face and Cortez is facing Juce, away from the camera, a lot of the time.

Cortez chokes at the end of his third. Complex is better at playing to the camera but he does this 'writing on a pad of paper' gesture like he's pointing out how Cortez pre-wrote his raps like he didn't know GT was a written league here.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:03 AM   #10
Tecnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
You can't listen to him under todays standards
I wasn't. Even back in 2011 I thought he was horrible. lol. Only dudes I ever thought were even remotely nice from FL were Madness, Storm, and Rugged. Surgeon General was nice off top, but his battles were always extremely underwhelming.

Quote:
Complex vs Cortez
Sept 30, 2008

Never heard of Complex. Everyone knows Cortez.

What is this venue for the first GTNY battles? Its the back of a venue? It's so strange watching this group crammed into a hallway to shout at each other. Both these guys seem loud as fuck when they get going.

Complex was fine. Cortez is more intense than Complex and probably has better wordplay but he's got this long first round scheme about whose the father of some baby and it's not great.

Both loud shouters with violent styles but Cortez is clearly a more seasoned performer. Only thing is Complex is shouting right in Cortez's face and Cortez is facing Juce, away from the camera, a lot of the time.

Cortez chokes at the end of his third. Complex is better at playing to the camera but he does this 'writing on a pad of paper' gesture like he's pointing out how Cortez pre-wrote his raps like he didn't know GT was a written league here.
Complex was the dude who somehow made it on 106 & Park twice and lost in the first round both times. Got made a fool of by Real Deal at home, tried to get in Mystiques pants and failed, then quit battle rap to play video games for a living. Dude threatened to break my jaw over the internet once. Clown shoe of the highest order and the quintessential stereotype for NY wiggers.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #11
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Awesome, I hope you keep this going. My mate did this with Don't Flop and found some proper gems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #12
Wtchr

Quote:
I wasn't. Even back in 2011 I thought he was horrible. lol. Only dudes I ever thought were even remotely nice from FL were Madness, Storm, and Rugged. Surgeon General was nice off top, but his battles were always extremely underwhelming.

Complex was the dude who somehow made it on 106 & Park twice and lost in the first round both times. Got made a fool of by Real Deal at home, tried to get in Mystiques pants and failed, then quit battle rap to play video games for a living. Dude threatened to break my jaw over the internet once. Clown shoe of the highest order and the quintessential stereotype for NY wiggers.
I wish I started posting right from the start of this. I love getting this kind of background detail on these dudes. I hope Complex found was he was looking for in video games.

As for your list of top FL battlers, there are no Madness or Rugged FL battles in the first few months of GT. Madness vs The Saurus is the first GT West battle posted and he's way better than anyone they've shown from FL at that point.

One standout from early GT you didn't mention though was Jee-Money. His second round vs Unorthodox Phrases was all freestyled flips of Phrases lines and they weren't Charron style "I am that thing you said, that's why your girl did this" type flips either.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #13
Tecnik

Quote:
One standout from early GT you didn't mention though was Jee-Money. His second round vs Unorthodox Phrases was all freestyled flips of Phrases lines and they weren't Charron style "I am that thing you said, that's why your girl did this" type flips either.
Don't remember Jee-Money, but I doubt I saw this battle to begin with. I avoided battles that involved Unorthadox Phrases. His over the top theatrical shit was just cringey to me. Dude came off in battles like he was practicing for his upcoming audition for a role in Cats or whatever weirdo shit he would be into.

You should watch some D-Lor battles. I'm actually excited for you to watch Lor vs. Phranchyze.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
cool thread @Wtchr. I'd be interested in how you think the divisions stack up against each other when you're done
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #15
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
you should start a go fund me or something for people to contribute to this.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #16
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It might be cool to rate the battles on a 1-10 scale for overall watchability. I'll guess that originally they were only judged win/ loss.

Taking that a step further. Do the battles that have the most views also have the highest watchability rating?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #17
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
you should start a go fund me or something for people to contribute to this.
Interesting point. Contribute in what way?
Old 08-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #18
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
this is the content we need

long live grind time!!!
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:59 AM   #19
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Interesting point. Contribute in what way?
I'm guessing he means money so that OP can start a blog or a website for it and make this thing official.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:32 AM   #20
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 425 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Op is a legend

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:19 AM   #21
Wtchr

S-Rawk vs Frank Stacks

S-Rawk vs Frank Stacks
Oct 1, 2008
45, 908

S-Rawk looks like he's seven feet tall, and he's wearing one of those super long shirts - how long can that shirt be?

Plex calls Frank Stacks, "Frank Sticks" in the intro.

Stacks calls S-Rawk a creature that climbed out of The Saurus' face. I remember that Illmac says something like that at his BOTB5 battle.

Both rappers wearing sunglasses.

I hate seeing a t-shirt where the sleeves go past the elbows a few inches.

Stacks was kinda funny.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:22 AM   #22
Wtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I'm guessing he means money so that OP can start a blog or a website for it and make this thing official.
It's a nice thought but I'm not doing more than what I'm already doing here. I have a career and a family that I didn't have when I started watching battles back in 2009. I just thought it might be fun to do this in some of the spare time I have at the end of the day.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:34 AM   #23
Wtchr

Quote:
It might be cool to rate the battles on a 1-10 scale for overall watchability. I'll guess that originally they were only judged win/ loss.

Taking that a step further. Do the battles that have the most views also have the highest watchability rating?
I would answer a 'yes' to your question about views and watchability. A lot of the battles from the first few months have fewer than 10k views and the battles that go above that include at least one rapper that's stood out in some way.

Like, Mosh Jelton's not great but he is better than most of the crew involved in the first few months and he was able to get like 20k views which I think can be understood to mean that his battles are likely to be better than a State of Mynd or a HardKore battle.

There are a couple trash battles with clickbait titles that have higher view counts, like Lil 8th Ave vs Revanon, which isn't great, but its title includes something about a rapper pulling a gun and it has like 175k views.

I don't really know though, that's just how it seems so far.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:36 AM   #24
Wtchr

Surgeon General vs Mosh Jelton

Oct 3, 2008
28, 902 views

Surgeon General is an okay freestyler but freestyling through these rounds is clearly tough for anyone. Everyone who's trying to freestyle 60 second acapella rounds goes into weird territory pretty quickly. The default subject matter for all these rappers is gay jokes and it can backfire or at least sound weird if the rapper isn't prepared. Surgeon General said something like "look in his mouth, there's semen inside it." A call to the audience look in someone's mouth sounds weird enough on its own.

Mosh is bleh. Surgeon General is bleh but probably a bit less-so but I don't really care who wins.

Surgeon General does the "writing on a pad of paper" gesture.

Mosh's multisyllable have pretty limited effect. He starts his OT round saying something like "his hobby is penis bobbling and semen slobbing for weekly profit" and it's like, what's the point? Just to do some rhyming, bobbling with slobbing or whatever?

SG won, he deserved it.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:38 AM   #25
Wtchr

Madness vs NoCanDo

Madness vs NoCanDo
Oct 5, 2008
124, 612

Alright, this'll be good!

When you see Lush host a battle after a ton of FL Drect or Mad Illz hosted battles you see how much of a skill it is. Waaaay better, more dynamic host than anyone else they've had on camera.

Battle takes place off the highway or something, by a barrier wall. Lots of traffic noise.

Woman walks through the OT round.

Kinda underwhelming. NoCanDo's freestyling is good but he's struggling sometimes and freestyling also means we're not getting any big round enders at this stage. Madness was good and funny too but its clear that a lot of these rappers haven't adapted to this format.

Surgeon General is a judge dressed like an actual General.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:52 AM   #26
Wtchr

Knowledge Medina & Mosh Jelton vs Childs & Jonny Storm

Knowledge Medina & Mosh Jelton vs Childs & Jonny Storm
Oct 5, 2008

Before the battle the screen shows an announcement for Grind Time's First Live Show on Nov 9, 2008 at Club Zion in Orlando. A venue that no longer existed by 2013.

The event included a playstation tournament, models, and a website launch and grind time miami videos. I wonder if this actually took place.

Never heard of Childs.

Medina is ok. "I know that Storm's fruity because after the storm all I see are rainbows behind him"

Jonny Storm's first lines were funny, making fun of Mosh's shorts and said Medina's so fat his neck has a stomach. He's making up for how Childs is too generic and he goes on for too long.

Mosh's main strength is that he's loud.

Storm said Mosh's skin is the color of bird shit. That's kinda funny.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:06 AM   #27
Wtchr

Mic Fiend vs Koach

Mic Fiend vs Koach
Oct 7, 2008

GTNY battle from the backroom spot.

Juce talks about how hot it is, it looks hot and it looks like there's 20 guys in there. This is the 3rd battle of the day, how many battles were there in this small room with no windows and probably no ventilation?

Never heard of either rapper.

Mic Fiend says "he got a long neck and small beard it looks like he's girraffin'".

I don't really get what Mic Feind is talking about, like at all, and then he says "You know what I'm talking about? No you don't!" which was perfectly timed with my own thoughts about his raps.

Koach says "matter of fact" like 12 times in his first round. I don't know what he's talking about either but he's also really quiet.

Mic Fiend, I think, rhymed "change clothes" with "change clothes".

Koach is so quiet it's almost like he doesn't want to be heard.

Mic Fiend started rapping for a fourth round before Juce cut him off.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:59 AM   #28
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
It always seemed to me like Mosh was a guy who watched some really old Saurus/Illmac battles and tried his best to run with that style whilst being absolutely shit faced.

Totally agree 100%.. Thats an excellent assessment... But u say that like its a bad thing LMAO

Quote:

The kid has never said anything fire ever.

I beg to differ...

Vs Cortez:

"Ur real name is Carlos Mcgill..

......Ur voice got less bass (base) than a yankee batter not going where to go....

....I'll drown u and ur three brothers and call it quatro sinko (cinco)"

Three lines just off the top of my head that are fire

Mosh inconsistent af but some of his lines are so fire it just wins the battle, hands down

and he can show up to a battle drunk and on pills, choke and freestyle and still be more entertaining than the try hards that rehearsed diligently in front of their bathroom mirror for months

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-21-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:36 AM   #29
Tecnik

Quote:
Totally agree 100%.. Thats an excellent assessment... But u say that like its a bad thing LMAO

I beg to differ...

Vs Cortez:

"Ur real name is Carlos Mcgill..

......Ur voice got less bass (base) than a yankee batter not going where to go....

....I'll drown u and ur three brothers and call it quatro sinko (cinco)"

Three lines just off the top of my head that are fire
These lines are fire? What in the fuck?
Old 08-21-2019, 06:17 AM   #30
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
this is kind of cool for nostalgic reasons

Not saying judged battles made battle rap better in the long haul, but it did add a different dynamic to shit and made things more interesting. I fucks with the competitive aspects of things, regardless of the lack of skill set

Used to be able to bet with girl for random sex acts on who would win some of these terrible battles to spice things up lol. She would just try to make an educated guess, judging how they looked. I was supposed to be the non dork, but was already factoring in home field advantage, who was the judges, and battlers prior work lol
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #31
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I just wanted to stop by and give you props for going through the rabbit hole.

I remember refreshing league pages for battles before i knew shit like these existed namsayn. especially old GT battles
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #32
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Oct 3, 2008
28, 902 views

Surgeon General is an okay freestyler but freestyling through these rounds is clearly tough for anyone. Everyone who's trying to freestyle 60 second acapella rounds goes into weird territory pretty quickly. The default subject matter for all these rappers is gay jokes and it can backfire or at least sound weird if the rapper isn't prepared. Surgeon General said something like "look in his mouth, there's semen inside it." A call to the audience look in someone's mouth sounds weird enough on its own.

Mosh is bleh. Surgeon General is bleh but probably a bit less-so but I don't really care who wins.

Surgeon General does the "writing on a pad of paper" gesture.

Mosh's multisyllable have pretty limited effect. He starts his OT round saying something like "his hobby is penis bobbling and semen slobbing for weekly profit" and it's like, what's the point? Just to do some rhyming, bobbling with slobbing or whatever?

SG won, he deserved it.
This is the 2nd time I've seen "writing on a pad of paper" gesturing noted to call out written. If I knew the timestamps for when these took place I'd make a "writing on a pad of paper" compilation video. Also a pauseworthy compilation video could be good too. However, for the latter, I most likely would need timestamps, or an exhaustive list of all occurrences because like OP says.. those are pretty frequent

5/5 thread

Old 08-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #33
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
battle rap's humble beginnings

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #34
Water Mage

Quote:
This is the 2nd time I've seen "writing on a pad of paper" gesturing noted to call out written. If I knew the timestamps for when these took place I'd make a "writing on a pad of paper" compilation video. Also a pauseworthy compilation video could be good too. However, for the latter, I most likely would need timestamps, or an exhaustive list of all occurrences because like OP says.. those are pretty frequent

5/5 thread

Yeah that gesture was thrown around a lot in the freestyle era. It's funny how often gestures were used in the freestyle era. I like how heated battles used to be that people would use gestures for whatever reason...

I am sure you have watched the WRCs (American version) but have you seen the Canadian bracket of the WRCs? Some interesting stuff there. A lot of people getting in each other's face, I believe the "it's written" gesture gets thrown around a few times and above all else, a LOT of guys predicting the rhyme and they do it with so much attitude and emphasis, its comical really.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #35
bobbylight

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Yeah that gesture was thrown around a lot in the freestyle era. It's funny how often gestures were used in the freestyle era. I like how heated battles used to be that people would use gestures for whatever reason...

I am sure you have watched the WRCs (American version) but have you seen the Canadian bracket of the WRCs? Some interesting stuff there. A lot of people getting in each other's face, I believe the "it's written" gesture gets thrown around a few times and above all else, a LOT of guys predicting the rhyme and they do it with so much attitude and emphasis, its comical really.
Knamelis and organik. Kid twist and porich. Bishop brigante and some other dude lol. Jack shitt and step easy. I can't believe I remembered so many teams from wrc canda.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #36
Wtchr

Illusion-Z vs Passwurdz

Illusion-Z vs Passwurdz
Oct 8, 2008

Illusion-Z is okay. There's a general improvement in the West battles over the FL videos and even though Illusion-Z is kinda B level he's better than pretty much anyone who has been in an FL video at this point.

Pass' first GT battle and he just seems to get what's going on right from the start. He plays to the camera right away and he's got a style that's more than multis - said Illusion-Z is doing The Saurus' '05 style, I'll have to take his word for it but it sounds true. Pass is outrapping Illusion-Z and he's loud and is just breaking down Illusion-Z. Illusion-Z is doing the style I've heard a ton so far, forced multi jokey lines about being gay and having bad breath and it's not enough against someone who's got a pretty developed style of his own and who knows how to use the camera to his advantage.

Illusion-Z does a lot of twinkle-finger/jazz hand type gestures.

Pass talks through some of Illusion-Z's rounds which is annoying but to me it seems like Passwurdz might be the first rapper to really have thought about how this is a different format and a different medium than what came before and how to use that to his advantage.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #37
Wtchr

Lil Kreb vs Ubserd

Lil Kreb vs Ubserd
Oct 10, 2008

Not expecting much, Ubserd is probably a bit better. Lil Kreb messed up his last line in his first and then rushed out a correction.

Kreb's first line is about bad breath which... I dunno, its a weak angle. Not much to say.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #38
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Illusion-Z vs Passwurdz
Oct 8, 2008

Illusion-Z does a lot of twinkle-finger/jazz hand type gestures.
I appreciate the commentary on not just bars, but "performance" too
Old 08-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #39
Water Mage

Quote:
I appreciate the commentary on not just bars, but "performance" too
Ya I think performance is so important, body language etc. I deduct or award points depending on their body language in a battle

The Saurus has the best defense "performance" of any battle rapper u can't beat him with attacks he's like a monster that is immune to melee damage and can only be affected by magic

The funniest is in older vids when people are always hopping around and moving forward in 2 vs 2's like a character in an RPG game when it attacks a monster The best example of this is prolific and Aspire in the WRC's 07
Old 08-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #40
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Ya I think performance is so important, body language etc. I deduct or award points depending on their body language in a battle

The Saurus has the best defense "performance" of any battle rapper u can't beat him with attacks he's like a monster that is immune to melee damage and can only be affected by magic

The funniest is in older vids when people are always hopping around and moving forward in 2 vs 2's like a character in an RPG game when it attacks a monster The best example of this is prolific and Aspire in the WRC's 07
If The Saurus is a 10 Defensive Performer then how does he stack up as an offensive performer? If I wanted to take a dig at Pete then I'd say he is the Dennis Rodman of this shit. But is calling that really a dig?

If I knew how to post a image on this board then I'd post a gif/meme of The Saurus and Illmac jumping back and forth. Strong video game analogy

Tags