Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Daylyt

Old 12-22-2015, 01:06 AM   #1
lennycooke

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
lennycooke is not the worst person
Daylyt

Daylight is a very interesting case in battle rap. Some feel that he is very calculated with everything that he does. Others feel that he is doing a bunch of random fuckery in order to get attention. Iíve seen some people claim that what he is doing isnít working since his views are not as high as some other battlers.

If you examine where Daylyt is from, then it is impressive how far he has come. The average cat from Watts doesnít have a nice crib in Irvine. Irvine is one of the Safest cities in America. I have a lot of people out in L.A., Watts is a war zone. Daylight is from Jordan Downs Projects, home of the Grape Street Crips. The thing that makes Watts so dangerous is that there are so many different street gangs within a small radius. The main rivals of the Grape St. Crips are the Bounty Hunter Bloods (the biggest blood set in L.A) and the PJ Watts Crips. Both hate the Grape St Crips so strongly that they team up against them. A blood and a crip set teaming up against some other crips. You can imagine how Daylyt must have grown up. A lot of homies dying, a lot of violence. He likely put in a lot of work himself. He may not view things the way the average battle fan does. He grew up in a war zone. It wouldnít be surprising if he has a couple of screws loose.

Daylight is not the most popular battle rapper, but he is arguably maximizing how big of a name he could be within the culture. I say that because no other battlers with a similar skill set that started after him are as popular as he is. The only battler with a similar skill set who is a bigger name than he is is Lux. There are multiple factors contributing to Lux being more popular than Daylyt. But the primary reason is the fact that Lux was on Smack DVD and did it first. Being from NY doesnít hurt either. Lux and Daylyt are a lot more similar than the average battle rap fan realizes.

Daylight manipulates people sooo easily. He does the same tactics over and over, but people bite every time. Anytime something catches widespread attention, he attaches himself to it. I.E: Meek/Drake beef, Norbes gets punched, Ronda Rousy gets knocked out, Kshine/dot mob situation. He has also consistently performed antics in battles. In my opinion no one should ever be upset with him ever again. When someone shows you what they are believe them. Its to the point that if you book, agree to battle against, or pay to see Daylyt you should understand who he is and what may happen. No more complaining about his antics. I actually feel the same way about Clips and his lack of preparation.

Whatís your opinion on Daylyt?
lennycooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:08 AM   #2
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
holy fuck wall street journal calm down
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #3
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
Alright. You're right. I won't make any more threads.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:15 AM   #4
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1189 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Daylyt is fucking awesome and entertaining.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:18 AM   #5
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
daylyt is sometimes good, sometimes corny as fuck. his attempts at going viral are corny, but he brings good bars every now n then

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:20 AM   #6
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
daylyt's cool. his heel antics are sometimes amusing and the reason he wouldn't be where he is on his skill alone is because he's not that good lol. he raps like these PG guys
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:22 AM   #7
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Are you writing a paper on battle rap or something? Where's the adder all at, office manager?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:41 AM   #8
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Are you writing a paper on battle rap or something? Where's the adder all at, office manager?
not sure what the second sentence means.but i have a phd so im conditioned to write a certain way.no apologies for it.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:54 AM   #9
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Does how far he's come have anything to do with battle rap though? He's said in numerous blogs and interviews how he's good without it and other people have backed that statement up.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:59 AM   #10
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Read this post in the voice of a game of thrones character and its 10x more entertaining.

"Can you imagine a blood set and a crip set teaming up against the Grape Street Lannisters? Lord, imagine the fuckery that would have caused to young Daylyt's psyche. My word, your grace."
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:18 AM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennycooke View Post
not sure what the second sentence means.but i have a phd so im conditioned to write a certain way.no apologies for it.
Thought u were someone else bro my b

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 AM   #12
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
He may not view things the way the average battle fan does.
How does the average battle fan view things?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #13
JSPMedia

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
JSPMedia is a PY Poster

Checkout my website for Best of Battle Rap videos, Found Here.

"Nobody knows who he is,so don't mistake his cockiness for confidence,
I take a lot of steps to make sure this alcoholic remains anonymous"
-Caustic (vs Daley)
JSPMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #14
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Thought u were someone else bro my b
word.its cool.who did you think i was?
Old 12-22-2015, 03:46 AM   #15
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
word.its cool.who did you think i was?
Someone named Lenny who I'll fuck up on site lol

Sorry about the misunderstanding and have a great holiday!

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 12-22-2015, 04:40 AM   #16
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
dag lenny getting cooked in hurr
Old 12-22-2015, 04:48 AM   #17
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Alright. You're right. I won't make any more threads.
fuck outta here hip hop police.
wanna be ed snowden saltine ass type of nigga
even spelled his shit correctly - 'Daylight'
you here trying to get niggaz locked up

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 12-22-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #18
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Andy Kaufman of the rap game

w/e
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:23 AM   #19
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Quote:
Sweet man. I'm working on my PhD at the new dontflop university.

w/e
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #20
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Average battle fan: I want to be entertained [bars, performance, etc]

Daylyt: I want attention [any publicity is good publicity]

I don't know the guy personally, but he doesn't come off as a fuckin genius, he just looks like he's trying to get as big as possible to stay relevant and transition into other shit. Not hard to understand.

cuz i have always suspected that
FatManFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #21
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
LOL.

I don't enjoy daylyt unless he's doing sumthin funny.

In terms of building his brand (u don't become a successful battle rapper by winning battles. That's 8 mile shit) he is 1 of the best

He's below lux n mook but in the same class as diz and arsonal. Huge fan base.. he built himself like kotd been telling battlers to

OP is super super weird
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #22
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Ppl tossing around genius...

Its called will.
He's willing to do stuff to get noticed. .any can do this
Old 12-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #23
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
LOL.

I don't enjoy daylyt unless he's doing sumthin funny.

In terms of building his brand (u don't become a successful battle rapper by winning battles. That's 8 mile shit) he is 1 of the best

He's below lux n mook but in the same class as diz and arsonal. Huge fan base.. he built himself like kotd been telling battlers to

OP is super super weird
What puts him in the same class and Diz and Arsonal? Hes like 20K followers short of both of them on twitter. No where near Arsonals average views, 100K+ short of Diz. He's got what? 1 million viewed battle?

Day is basically on par with people like Verb.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #24
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Daylyt is enigmatic, but at the same time so is everyone with a personality. I don't think he has some master plan with battler rap. He seems to just do whatever he can for attention, but to some extent so does every battle rapper. As to his actual skill level as a battler he has a great rapping ability, but his verses are not direct enough for me to even call him top tier. I often feel like he's rapping the same verse over and over again despite him not recycling any bars.He has been a part of some great battles and his antics will keep him on the forefront of any battle fan's mind and garner attention from those outside of battle rap.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #25
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
You can't expect the people who frequent this site to be of high intellectual caliber. You or I could read an OP such as yours in under 90 seconds but you're asking a lot to expect them to read anything that is more complex than "_____ sucks" or "____ is the GOAT"

Last edited by Water Mage; 12-22-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #26
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Daylyt is a mixed bag. His had some amazing battles like against B Magic and Mad Child. But some of the shit he does is just straight up corny to the point where it pisses me off. I wanna see him Drop crazy bars! Not get naked, rub ball sweat on Canadians, whip who's dick out etc
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #27
averagejoe
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
What puts him in the same class and Diz and Arsonal? Hes like 20K followers short of both of them on twitter. No where near Arsonals average views, 100K+ short of Diz. He's got what? 1 million viewed battle?

Day is basically on par with people like Verb.
If u averaging hundreds of thousands of views and have tens of thousands of followers...not to mention interview n vlog views... ur at the top of the top (imo)
I put verb with those guys too

U got mook and lux

Then the top tiers..ars and diz first I could think of (don't watch url)

Then them peeps who have had hundreds of thousands of views but don't average it n got under 10k twitters. That's my 3 categories

But that wasn't the point point is he got to that level not by winning rap battles but by building his name in other uh...unique ways
Old 12-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #28
NatGeografik

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
NatGeografik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
(don't watch url)
If you don't watch battle rap then what are you doing on this site?
NatGeografik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #29
Flamazide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
You can't expect the people who frequent this site to be of high intellectual caliber. You or I could read an OP such as yours in under 90 seconds but you're asking a lot to expect them to read anything that is more complex than "_____ sucks" or "____ is the GOAT"
I like to give people more credit than that. His post wasn't exactly hard to understand at all. I don't think people here are too stupid to not know the words. If anyone didn't read it I think it would be because they don't care enough to have a lengthy discussion about Daylyt in the first place.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #30
averagejoe
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatGeografik View Post
If you don't watch battle rap then what are you doing on this site?
? URL doesent even amount to 50% of battle rap

Do u watch every single battle? No u don't bcuz no1 has time not to pick n choose wat u watch
Old 12-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #31
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamazide View Post
Daylyt is enigmatic, but at the same time so is everyone with a personality. I don't think he has some master plan with battler rap. He seems to just do whatever he can for attention, but to some extent so does every battle rapper. As to his actual skill level as a battler he has a great rapping ability, but his verses are not direct enough for me to even call him top tier. I often feel like he's rapping the same verse over and over again despite him not recycling any bars.He has been a part of some great battles and his antics will keep him on the forefront of any battle fan's mind and garner attention from those outside of battle rap.
he recycles tons of bars fool!!
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #32
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPMedia View Post

+1

Good post. I actually remember him stating that he has read this book and practices the laws daily. I was going to mention how that tattoo makes him recognizable and helps him, but the post was getting long as it was.people on this site lose attention quickly.

Last edited by lennycooke; 12-22-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #33
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
dag lenny getting cooked in hurr
What are they really saying? Its really a small example of whats wrong with our society.when you approach things in a thorough, intelligent way people will often criticize..been happening since grade school..i won't dumb things down just to fit in though(especially on a forum)..i'd rather just be an outsider.I actually understand now why Willy would purposely make his posts long. If people want to take part in a real discussion that im creating its cool..if not then my threads probably aren't the type of threads for them.

Last edited by lennycooke; 12-22-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #34
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
they are definitely exaggerrating.i agree with you, its not surprising.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #35
questmcody
VIP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
questmcody is not the worst person
Quote:
Daylight is a very interesting case in battle rap. Some feel that he is very calculated with everything that he does. Others feel that he is doing a bunch of random fuckery in order to get attention. Iíve seen some people claim that what he is doing isnít working since his views are not as high as some other battlers.

If you examine where Daylyt is from, then it is impressive how far he has come. The average cat from Watts doesnít have a nice crib in Irvine. Irvine is one of the Safest cities in America. I have a lot of people out in L.A., Watts is a war zone. Daylight is from Jordan Downs Projects, home of the Grape Street Crips. The thing that makes Watts so dangerous is that there are so many different street gangs within a small radius. The main rivals of the Grape St. Crips are the Bounty Hunter Bloods (the biggest blood set in L.A) and the PJ Watts Crips. Both hate the Grape St Crips so strongly that they team up against them. A blood and a crip set teaming up against some other crips. You can imagine how Daylyt must have grown up. A lot of homies dying, a lot of violence. He likely put in a lot of work himself. He may not view things the way the average battle fan does. He grew up in a war zone. It wouldnít be surprising if he has a couple of screws loose.

Daylight is not the most popular battle rapper, but he is arguably maximizing how big of a name he could be within the culture. I say that because no other battlers with a similar skill set that started after him are as popular as he is. The only battler with a similar skill set who is a bigger name than he is is Lux. There are multiple factors contributing to Lux being more popular than Daylyt. But the primary reason is the fact that Lux was on Smack DVD and did it first. Being from NY doesnít hurt either. Lux and Daylyt are a lot more similar than the average battle rap fan realizes.

Daylight manipulates people sooo easily. He does the same tactics over and over, but people bite every time. Anytime something catches widespread attention, he attaches himself to it. I.E: Meek/Drake beef, Norbes gets punched, Ronda Rousy gets knocked out, Kshine/dot mob situation. He has also consistently performed antics in battles. In my opinion no one should ever be upset with him ever again. When someone shows you what they are believe them. Its to the point that if you book, agree to battle against, or pay to see Daylyt you should understand who he is and what may happen. No more complaining about his antics. I actually feel the same way about Clips and his lack of preparation.

Whatís your opinion on Daylyt?
Check your direct messages
questmcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #36
Flamazide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
he recycles tons of bars fool!!
He does? That's interesting. I never actually noticed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he read the 48 Laws OF Power. It is very popular. Even if he didn't a lot of the things said in the book are pretty obvious. The best thing about it are the historical references in it.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #37
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
oh shut the fuck no one with a phd and any self respect is writing 9th grade level analysis papers on rmbva about someone who has attempted to shit on a stage during a battle

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #38
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManFromSpace View Post

I don't know the guy personally, but he doesn't come off as a fuckin genius, he just looks like he's trying to get as big as possible to stay relevant and transition into other shit. Not hard to understand.
I dnno about genius but some of the stuff he does is actually pretty clever but a lot of people in battle rap don't really get satyr. That K Shine/Rain tune he did was hilarious.
He does also do shit that would fall into what you're saying but I think describing him as just an "attention seeker" or someone that's just tryna get views is bit off the mark. He's not at Mac Lethal levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #39
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManFromSpace View Post

I dnno about genius but some of the stuff he does is actually pretty clever, I just think a lot of people in battle rap don't really get satyr. That K Shine/Rain tune he did was hilarious.
He does also do shit that would fall into what you're saying but I think describing him as just an "attention seeker" or someone that's just tryna get views is bit off the mark. He's not at Mac Lethal levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #40
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by questmcody View Post
Check your direct messages
I'm way more knowledgable then Lenny...I don't have a Ph.D....but I'm guessing neither does he

I'm seasoned,quest... And to top it off... Thesaurus flow is outa style....at least for the sake of this conversation

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay