Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Top 3 Most Hated Battle Rap Legends Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Top 3 Most Hated Battle Rap Legends Thread

Dizaster- people hate him for the multis

Cassidy- people hate him for be outdated

Tay Roc- people hate him for screwing over the UK scene
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
verb - people hate him for seeming gay

mook- people hate him for having unwarranted confidence

math - people hate him for punching people

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:40 PM   #3
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Mook - demanding more money than anyone in battle rap and not delivering on his performances that only happen once every 3 years

Verb - inconsistent performances and one of the most scrutinized battlers of all time considering he's probably the most noteworthy non-NY URL battler of all time.

DNA - hated for fairly obvious reasons. Many won't call him a legend but the numbers don't lie: he's the 2nd highest viewed American battler of all time.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:47 PM   #4
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 425 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Deacon frost

Ivan da great

Lil nate money gang

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:48 PM   #5
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Its definitely Diz Mook and Cassidy. Diz being the only one of the 3 that can actually battle and has been consistantly good.
steveelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Cortez- people hate him for not having star power

Danny Myers- people hate him for pay Rex 12k

Serius Jones- people hate him for getting knocked out
Old 09-01-2019, 12:24 AM   #7
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Charron - people hate him because what's there to like?!?

JC - people hate him because he has the potential to be so much better than he is.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:41 AM   #8
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Soul Khan- people hate him for leaving for retiring early and being an SJW

Bigg K- people hate him for blocking people on Twitter

Okwerdz- people hate him for gassing his Twitch account
Old 09-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Diz being the only one of the 3 that can actually battle and has been consistantly good.
Diz is TERRIBLE. Had Lush not been his biggest fan in the GT days the dude would've faded away in the early days like he was supposed to. One of the most high profile herbs in battle rap and I'd imagine unlikable human beings walking around today. He seems so high off himself that It's probably tough to be around the dude. Seems like someone who derails conversations to talk about himself constantly.

Oh, also, lost to an unfamiliar with the format Cassidy.

Trash disguised as a self proclaimed legend.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #10
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Diz - people hate him for his arrogance, irrational behavior, and for being mentally disabled

Verb - people hate him for his arrogance and trying to bring back the perm

DNA- people hate him for always asking so many questions in class when we're all just trying to go home for the weekend

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #11
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Cortez- people hate him for not having star power
I hate Cortez for his awful personals vs Hollohan, not only did he use a tragic death as ammo in a battle but watching Cortez have a holier than thou attitude and blame Hollohan for the death of Bruce B was just so lame.

Like really, are we jjust going to pretend that adults aren't responsible for their decisions and blame Hollohan for Bruce B's addiction just because they did some blow together at a party?

I still can't believe that he spewed that hogwash in front of Raekwon (who was visibly disgusted by Cortez) and battle fans just lapped it up like they had just witnessed the second coming of Tupac

Last edited by Water Mage; 09-11-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:57 AM   #12
Tecnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
I hate Cortez for his awful personals vs Hollohan, not only did he use a tragic death as ammo in a battle but watching Cortez have a holier than thou attitude and blame Hollohan for the death of Bruce B was just so lame.

Like really, are we jjust going to pretend that adults aren't responsible for their decisions and blame Hollohan for Bruce B's addiction just because they did some blow together at a party?

I still can't believe that he spewed that hogwash in front of Raekwon (who was visibly disgusted by Cortez) and battle fans just lapped it up like they had just witnessed the second coming of Tupac
Was that the same battle where Hollohan had some line about "played to death like funeral music"? Always thought that was one of his tougher lines.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:13 AM   #13
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
Was that the same battle where Hollohan had some line about "played to death like funeral music"? Always thought that was one of his tougher lines.
Ya that's the one... Ya Hollohan ate Cortez... I used to hate Hollohan too lol then as time went on I became crazier and started to love him.. One thing that really made me like him was a crazy freestyle video he did in a alley high on what has to be the best Coke ever doing the best freestyle I ever heard, that's when I saw the light
Old 09-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #14
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by water mage View Post
i hate cortez for his awful personals vs hollohan, not only did he use a tragic death as ammo in a battle but watching cortez have a holier than thou attitude and blame hollohan for the death of bruce b was just so lame.

Like really, are we jjust going to pretend that adults aren't responsible for their decisions and blame hollohan for bruce b's addiction just because they did some blow together at a party?

I still can't believe that he spewed that hogwash in front of raekwon (who was visibly disgusted by cortez) and battle fans just lapped it up like they had just witnessed the second coming of tupac
you have an std jeff!
JR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #15
Tecnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Ya that's the one... Ya Hollohan ate Cortez... I used to hate Hollohan too lol then as time went on I became crazier and started to love him.. One thing that really made me like him was a crazy freestyle video he did in a alley high on what has to be the best Coke ever doing the best freestyle I ever heard, that's when I saw the light
I actually remember Hollohans initial run in KOTD and was a big fan. He was one of the first guys who came off as authentic to me from up there. This was (iirc) before the debuts of Pat and Bender. Up until that point Kid Twist was the most true to what I assume is his real life persona from Canada while the rest of them just seemed like default characters trying to copy an american. He murdered Lavish Language, and his title winning battle against Twist was probably the best title match before the beginning of KOTD's "big stage era". His bars comparing Twists physique to the line of coke he did in the bathroom/being best friends with Twist due to being able to trust him as far as he can throw him were great for the time period. His battle with Jack Schitt was a classic for back then as well IMO (I remember edging it to JS, but I'd have to go back and watch again). He's also a part of what is probably the most important battle in the history of KOTD against Pat. Honestly, Hollohan doesn't get the respect he deserves in being one of the most important figures in KOTD's formative years before he passed the torch to the white Snoop Dogg.

Hopefully he got life in order. I wouldn't be mad to see him make a comeback. Maybe a battle vs. Loe Pesci in his own comeback. KOTD should have an event that's geared only towards canadians where they bring back the canadian "legends" (for lack of a better word). Not sure if enough time has passed for Loe to live down ballgate though.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #16
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Not sure if enough time has passed for Loe to live down ballgate though.

battle rap is unique. What I mean is, If Malcolm X was a battle rapper, would fans think he was soft for getting assassinated.

This is prob the first and last time Loe and X will be compared
Old 09-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #17
Tecnik

Quote:
battle rap is unique. What I mean is, If Malcolm X was a battle rapper, would fans think he was soft for getting assassinated.

Rough comparison. X really had no choice in the matter, and there wasn't much he could have done in the moment to prevent his downfall. Plus, as Big said, ain't no coming back from that.

Loe, on the other hand, stood there and took that situation with a nervous smile on his face like he knew in that very moment he was finished and made the conscious decision to completely bitch out. I can't imagine any of his peers have the same respect they did post-ball sweat that they did pre-ball sweat. It's almost impossible. I'm certain Loe would take the L had he swung on Daylyt, and I'm certain Loe also knows he would too, but sometimes you gotta take that ass beating if you want to salvage any sort of respect, self or otherwise. He should have took off on Daylyt like a fucking launch pad.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #18
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Mook
Mook
Mook

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #19
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Nah, people thought Pesci was soft because he immediately made it a million times worse by being like if Organic wasn't there and if I wasn't on stage I would have swung etc and acting tough. Even if you buy that he didn't know about the ballsweat thing, letting another person who isn't your girl touch all over your face like that without at least 'get the fuck off me' is pretty soft.

Sometimes you get punked. Pretending to be tough after you did nothing is not making things better, but making it far worse.

Malcolm on the other hand never saw his attacker even coming, very different circumstance.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-12-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #20
Water Mage

Quote:
I actually remember Hollohans initial run in KOTD and was a big fan. He was one of the first guys who came off as authentic to me from up there. This was (iirc) before the debuts of Pat and Bender. Up until that point Kid Twist was the most true to what I assume is his real life persona from Canada while the rest of them just seemed like default characters trying to copy an american. He murdered Lavish Language, and his title winning battle against Twist was probably the best title match before the beginning of KOTD's "big stage era". His bars comparing Twists physique to the line of coke he did in the bathroom/being best friends with Twist due to being able to trust him as far as he can throw him were great for the time period. His battle with Jack Schitt was a classic for back then as well IMO (I remember edging it to JS, but I'd have to go back and watch again). He's also a part of what is probably the most important battle in the history of KOTD against Pat. Honestly, Hollohan doesn't get the respect he deserves in being one of the most important figures in KOTD's formative years before he passed the torch to the white Snoop Dogg.

Hopefully he got life in order. I wouldn't be mad to see him make a comeback. Maybe a battle vs. Loe Pesci in his own comeback. KOTD should have an event that's geared only towards canadians where they bring back the canadian "legends" (for lack of a better word). Not sure if enough time has passed for Loe to live down ballgate though.

Ya its so true that Hollohan doesn't get the respect he deserves... Very underrated and his style is 100% for a pit style battle and it would be awesome if they could do some events that kinda recapture the 2008-2009 feel

remember the initial run too! I was in College at that time so I thought Kid Twist won that battle I was not feeling Hollohan at all, I saw him as the "bad guy" and I was always gunning for him to lose

Then I graduate University right after his initial run, I got into the real world, started lifting weights and getting big and I watched the Hollohan A.K.A. GOD freestyle video and I saw the light

There are more guys like Pat Stay and Hollohan running around in Canada than you would expect not everyone is soft, especially not in the "redneck" areas of Canada.. There are some wild mother fuckers out here in the great North I've known more than a few

Last edited by Water Mage; 09-12-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #21
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
only read last few posts but just to confirm loe pesci is deffo marked out for life
Old 09-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #22
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
only read last few posts but just to confirm loe pesci is deffo marked out for life
ya lots of good posters with great opinions ITT

Its funny cuz back in the day there were plenty of people who would come at me for bashing Cortez or try to defend Pesci saying that he would have punched Daylyt but he didn't want to ruin the event, how Pesci took the high road because he's a class act and all that

You don't hear that anymore, probably because all the Pesci fuckbois got marked out for life too