Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So what happened to this site?

Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
So what happened to this site?

There is only a tiny amount of posts and activity on here. Did everyone move to a new site that I am unaware of? Lol are we back on rapmusic now? I need answers.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
site was down for over a week for some reasons out of mods control, discord has popped off since, click the banner for that.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #3
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
to me forums and battle rap just never mixed to be that huge, sure shit was semi popping at one time but if you think about all the fans of battle rap and compare it to activity on forums it just doesn't add up!

guess people prefer talking about battle rap on facebook or else where, or maybe people just don't talk about battle rap.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #4
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
discord. real time text/audio conversations, being able to know board members well enough to feel comfortable meeting them at SM6, audio battles amongst each other, merging with other battle rap communities without delving into talkback-y territory, resorting to discord battle rap leagues to fulfill a battle rap fix because KOTD has been fucking up, and so on.

also, KOTD fucking up because what has KOTD done after the bunker that's worth discussion aside from WD7 LA and booking da boi illipsis.

Last edited by peace; 01-23-2018 at 12:30 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Yeah, the site being down for 2 weeks hurt it. Casual members going to places like Talkback made a difference too. Slow decline with less motivation to keep it really popping here. The site used to have Q&As which would give a reason to visit but most of these battlers regularly post in Facebook groups now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #6
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rimmbivva will never die

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #7
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
That is a shame because I refuse to use Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I was hungry after the event and had no idea where to go for food and strongly considered just following big t knowing he would lead me to the promised land
Metazone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:18 PM   #8
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1464 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
discord

follow the claypots

#phillipmorris
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:40 AM   #9
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Yeah, the site being down for 2 weeks hurt it. Casual members going to places like Talkback made a difference too. Slow decline with less motivation to keep it really popping here. The site used to have Q&As which would give a reason to visit but most of these battlers regularly post in Facebook groups now.
what facebook group is this?
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #10
BOLDYIN
Hey Fellas!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
BOLDYIN is a PY Poster
I think there's small things that add up some of these things I'd mention are:

The people that regularly use the old forums eventually get tied up in the "forum" rather than the forum being about battles, so things like post count, rep, etc, and just generally people caring about their favourite poster being on form than their favourite battle rapper get stale.

Theres the whole opinion of what good battle rap is and everything else is wrong on the old forums too, like you can get checked for being a soul fan and youre instantly uncool thereafter.

I feel that for some of these people and the lurkers they feel more comfortable fanboying on FB groups cause they can just like who they like and debate that without getting slaughtered.

Anyway its still a cool forum, ive always lurked more than anything but thats my take.

Lyckety Splyt
Lil Tic
Greg Buehl

Last edited by BOLDYIN; 01-25-2018 at 10:06 PM.
BOLDYIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:50 PM   #11
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
We've all watched about 5,000 battles and it's starting to creep up on us that it's all been done
Old 01-27-2018, 03:39 AM   #12
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
CLICK THE DISCORD BANNER @ the TOP OF THE SITE
Old 01-27-2018, 04:27 AM   #13
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelab View Post
We've all watched about 5,000 battles and it's starting to creep up on us that it's all been done
unless it's an inside scoop on how the host f*cked a battler out of 30% of promised PPV revenue after a russian betting organisation mistakenly sponsored the event thinking it some sort of cross-cultural poetry exploration then tbf not interested.

I'm here for twitter meltdowns and pretending I know what I'm talking about.

rhyming words, bit gay when you think about it.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:15 AM   #14
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Simple.. this site is not evolving AT ALL. This software has hella potential to keep shit interesting but noone seems to give a shit about it (ahem... cough... rapmusic.com)

Throw me on the team and let me get to work on this platform... shit would be GOLDEN.

Just saying.

Still here, in hopes a breath of life would spark back into this shit. But you can't expect the audience to build when the platform itself chooses to stay in 2005.

RMBVA is my shit though. Just needs some TLC from someone who gives a shit.
SBOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #15
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
reddit.com/r/rapbattles is just more popular

forums died, reddit took over for basically everything
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #16
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Partly due to when people do come through they decide to ask this type of question instead of posting a worthwhile thread

and then those who still do be here try to send people to other places

Lets be clear-EVERYWHERE ELSE IS CORNY:FB groups (cringe-level corny,) apps, and that horrendous eye sore of a flea market known as Reddit

I can't be mad at people going where people are at but the purest form of this type of discussion is in the forum format; is what it is tho:

-Battlers get mad at opinions where on FB shit is geared toward league stanning
-Leagues get mad at people demanding transparency and accountability where on FB cats will just delete the post (Lush literally made an anouncement on talkback that posts/questions about Diz regarding KOTD will be deleted smh)
tbfair a recent trolling here could give validity to the first of the above concerns but really

its just that if info is all you're in it for anymore then those other places are faster sources and
if a like-minded trolls/yes man circle jerk type thing is all you want then the other places are more suitable
as I've said, is what it is
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:19 AM   #17
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOfficial View Post
Simple.. this site is not evolving AT ALL. This software has hella potential to keep shit interesting but noone seems to give a shit about it (ahem... cough... rapmusic.com)

Throw me on the team and let me get to work on this platform... shit would be GOLDEN.

Just saying.

Still here, in hopes a breath of life would spark back into this shit. But you can't expect the audience to build when the platform itself chooses to stay in 2005.

RMBVA is my shit though. Just needs some TLC from someone who gives a shit.
yea for real. the forum format is old as fuck. go to thecoli.com forum. they have updated message boards n shit.
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
phillipmorris