View Poll Results: Who won?
Arcane 9 25.00%
Caustic 12 33.33%
No one. 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2018, 05:25 AM   #41
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Ya, so I watched the battle, and the crowd was super wack, organic tried to play arcane by cutting him off and destroying his momentum in the first... Side note: let caustic complain that arcane is going too long. That’s his prerogative. Organic doesn’t need to stop it. People paid to see the battle — caustic GOT PAID to battle. Why they tryna short change the people who paid money for it? To appease the people that they paid instead of the people that paid??? Makes zero sense to me.
From what I understand, they agreed to strict time limits because of the 'grudge match' style think they were aiming for. It was hilarious that after all of that, it was Caustic who pretty much insisted that Arcane was allowed to get his bars off.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #42
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
From what I understand, they agreed to strict time limits because of the 'grudge match' style think they were aiming for. It was hilarious that after all of that, it was Caustic who pretty much insisted that Arcane was allowed to get his bars off.
yeah i feel like caustic wanted him to keep going cause he was getting zero love anyway.

but it kinda backfired when the crowd also gave zero fucks about what caustic was saying.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #43
JF1VE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JF1VE is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
what won arcane the third? lol
He had a few good lines in there:

"snub nose in the air, that's a cold shoulder" was fire and the mining scheme was decent (100% would have hit if it was Chilla or someone else spitting it).

What did Caustic do to win any round?

Some good some bad, but at least Arcane came prepared with a full 3 rounds of material.

Everyone who voted for Caustic in this is either biased or dumb. IDGAF about who is 'likeable' or popular at the moment. This was a grudge match to see who is the better writer and Arcane proved that he was here.
JF1VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:31 PM   #44
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wreckedangle is not the worst person
it was a bad idea to hold this battle this many years later
the tension was palpable when this shit was actually going down at the time
in 2018, this battle was like two old men shaking their fists at clouds
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #45
eapoe

eapoe is a PY Poster
Clearly just a case where fans cant judge a battle, and just go by how hot a battle is based on reactions. Sure it's not a great battle, there's alot to be said about what was spit. And sure everyone notices the crowd is wack. But with an insane crowd I swear to god all the youtube comments woulda been different.

I for one is glad the battle happened. You guys really are ungrateful and that's probably why battle rap sucks rn. It's not KOTD who dropped the ball, or something else you tryna portrait.

So you have two battlers who clearly have made their best effort. A league who host it in a professional manner. A crowd dead silent, and comments on forums and youtube who just trashes the living shit out of it. And somehow it's not the fans who suck. You're not entitled to every battle being a great battle.

Last edited by eapoe; 02-07-2018 at 06:49 PM.
eapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:51 AM   #46
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

wreckedangle is not the worst person
but we are entitled to referring to it as a not great battle
settle down beavis
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:06 AM   #47
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapoe View Post
So you have two battlers who clearly have made their best effort. A league who host it in a professional manner.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:18 AM   #48
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF1VE View Post
He had a few good lines in there... and the mining scheme was decent (100% would have hit if it was Chilla or someone else spitting it).
Okay, I'll bite. Here is the entire mining scheme transcribed:

"Your mining quarry?!? (mining quarry) better have the iron or (Iron ore) be ready to start drilling, B
I'm back, ho (Backhoe 6000GP)
Your lines ain't nothing to get bowled over/
If mine's bolder (mines/ boulder), you get bowled over like a bulldozer/
Strip mine down to layers and you can see the gold closer... I'm cooking"

I'll give you the final punch is decent, but here's your homework assignment:
Find 3+ examples of horribly stretched wordplay and examples of words stretched to breaking point just to fit the rhyme scheme and explain how these are at all tight.

Last edited by Emancee; 02-08-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:03 AM   #49
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Okay, I'll bite. Here is the entire mining scheme transcribed:

"Your mining quarry?!? (mining quarry) better have the iron or (Iron ore) be ready to start drilling, B
I'm back, ho
Your lines ain't nothing to get bowled over/
If mine's bolder (mines/ boulder), you get bowled over like a bulldozer/
Strip mine down to layers and you can see the gold closer... I'm cooking"

Find 3+ examples of horribly stretched wordplay and examples of words stretched to breaking point just to fit the rhyme scheme and explain how these are at all tight.
I’m sure you probably caught it, but just forgot to mention the “back ho” and “backhoe” double entendre

The thing is, while I know that some people hate on that type of writing, arcane is actually very good at it, and caustic had a bunch of double entendres and puns as well. Pretty much all good rappers do. Arcane is just better at them than caustic.

He had more too. Off top, he also has the “(something-something) real estate agent, post on his lawn and let four sail/for sale in his window”

*edit

That’s why it was odd to me that people would run with this “caustic writes for arcane” shit, because arcane is a far superior writer and their styles are so different

Last edited by 6000GP; 02-08-2018 at 03:16 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:10 AM   #50
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I’m sure you probably caught it, but just forgot to mention the “back ho” and “backhoe” double entendre

The thing is, while I know that some people hate on that type of writing, arcane is actually very good at it, and caustic had a bunch of double entendres and puns as well. Pretty much all good rappers do. Arcane is just better at them than caustic.

He had more too. Off top, he also has the “(something-something) real estate agent, post on his lawn and let four sail/for sale in his window”
Yeah, I also thought that Al Fresco and Al Fredo was a great angle unfortunately wasted on because he horribly overwrote the scheme. Honestly, I think that Arcane's insistence in putting decent bars into horribly stretched out schemes is one of the reasons he gets so much hate. If he shortened the schemes, he would have probably won this.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #51
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I think Arcane is a worse writer because he overwrites. It’s not about the amount of double entendres in schemes; filtering matters. I would rather have a bit of solid word play than some solid word play mixed with horrible word play. Arcane tried too hard here and a lot of his material just didn’t work. He needed an editing process. His rounds felt incredibly long and hard to get through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #52
JF1VE

JF1VE is not the worst person
Quote:
OK teach. I only said the scheme was decent (closer was strong). I basically agree with you, and generally find this kind of rhyming/wordplay style is nearly always forced to some degree.

I also agree that he's overwriting, but at least he's putting in effort. Caustic is basically up there slinging one liners in his Cookie Monster voice strutting around like he's mr cool tough guy.

The whole battle was hard to get through but it's mainly because of the crowd IMO.
JF1VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #53
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
This is a fantastically bad battle i love it... arcanes a nice dumpster fire please book him again his lack of self awareness is captivating
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #54
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I think Arcane is a worse writer because he overwrites. It’s not about the amount of double entendres in schemes; filtering matters. I would rather have a bit of solid word play than some solid word play mixed with horrible word play. Arcane tried too hard here and a lot of his material just didn’t work. He needed an editing process. His rounds felt incredibly long and hard to get through.
Is it weird that ive always liked listening to arcane rap even now when hes awful

Hes so bad hes good the guy lovesss cringey multis

Bars filleryyyyy

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:08 AM   #55
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I was a big proponent of this battle and have been a big Arcane fan. This was not a good battle from Arcane. I do feel he was a bit dated in this.
Caustic had moments and edged the win. Neither was at there best or as heated as I expected

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:27 AM   #56
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
I was in tears laughing at the buildup

Your girls a fucking 2 ! At best lol unreal

My bars fillery dark imagery hahaha

You guys are a little harsh on caustic he had moments here crowd sucks
Hahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #57
Castor

Castor is not the worst person
Quote:
I for one is glad the battle happened. You guys really are ungrateful and that's probably why battle rap sucks rn. It's not KOTD who dropped the ball, or something else you tryna portrait.

You're not entitled to every battle being a great battle.
so because we can't expect every battle to be of the same caliber, shitty battles are immune to criticism? we should praise people who are doing a bad job at the one thing we are watching them for?

you must fucking hate the way the olympics work
Castor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:02 AM   #58
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor View Post
so because we can't expect every battle to be of the same caliber, shitty battles are immune to criticism? we should praise people who are doing a bad job at the one thing we are watching them for?
This ^^. Plus this is the former champ x2 and the former #1 contender with 2 months prep. What other art form do you know where this happens...
Old 02-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #59
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
hell yeah I was actually excited for this battle just because of the history behind it but yea what a let down

I don't think arcane will ever fully understand the situation he got snitched out on, it's not really so much that he used someone else's bar's its that he paid for them or at least that is the way I see it, cause if it wasn't like that then a lot of people would be getting the same treatment
Old 02-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #60
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny View Post
hell yeah I was actually excited for this battle just because of the history behind it but yea what a let down

I don't think arcane will ever fully understand the situation he got snitched out on, it's not really so much that he used someone else's bar's its that he paid for them or at least that is the way I see it, cause if it wasn't like that then a lot of people would be getting the same treatment
he woulda won the grand prix without caustic is the weirdest part of it tbh
Old 02-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #61
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
he woulda won the grand prix without caustic is the weirdest part of it tbh
For sure. Chedda really had nothing in the final.

Hilariously, Arcane would have been fine if he'd not used that 'no bush/ black guy in it' bar. Without that, it would have been easy to deny everything.

He then made a mistake by lying about why he sent Caustic money and changing his story. Either lie or don't lie, lying then telling the truth makes you look guilty as hell.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #62
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
edged it to caustic but the entire cookies fit was gay as hell
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #63
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Clearly just a case where fans cant judge a battle, and just go by how hot a battle is based on reactions. Sure it's not a great battle, there's alot to be said about what was spit. And sure everyone notices the crowd is wack. But with an insane crowd I swear to god all the youtube comments woulda been different.

So you have two battlers who clearly have made their best effort. A league who host it in a professional manner. A crowd dead silent, and comments on forums and youtube who just trashes the living shit out of it. And somehow it's not the fans who suck. You're not entitled to every battle being a great battle.
Battle’s as wack as yo gramma.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #64
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
arcane won this , although Caustic is absolute garbage and has been for years. All the trash talk he's done all these years and this is really what he came up with.
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #65
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Hmm I always wanted this battle. But it wasnt great. Both had B material and fans were meh....

I think if this was a small room it would have went over better.
I think Arcane should he a better WRITER. I think Caustic better performer and controller of the crowd.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #66
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyledStankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Having a double entendre, period, isn't good. Having a double entendre that's relevant and makes sense is good. Big fucking difference. Im not sure battle fans can tell which is which.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:56 AM   #67
Ayo!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ayo! is a PY Poster
Caustic hasn't found his dick since Bigg K pulled his hoe card 2 years ago. That's a long time for a man.
Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, 8212, 8217, 8220, 8221, wd7