Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Regarding Mook's High Asking Price

Old 07-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Regarding Mook's High Asking Price

Just wondering, if anyone that puts on events has ever offered the battlers a % of the door instead of a flat rate.

I bring this up because it sounds like the road block to Mook vs Hollow is the asking price.

Last edited by Profess; 07-08-2016 at 11:36 PM. Reason: including a video link
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
theres literally only a handful of people that can answer that i think,doubt any of them post here.

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #3
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
theres literally only a handful of people that can answer that i think,doubt any of them post here.
Fair point Haha.. I wrote this in response to the Beasley interview on Angry Fan yesterday. I'll post the link when I'm on a computer.

I'm wondering in the 100k ask is a marketing ploy
Old 07-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #4
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
whenever I look at my instagram i see this dude murda mook posting all this shit about "do you really want to be rich?" and posting pictures of what happens to you when you help out all your friends and family because you're rich and they arent..and I wonder...how much fucking money could you actually have, mook? You've only been paid for like 2 or 3 battles ever, you had ruff riders, but I doubt that was more than a slave deal, for a whip and a chain (shout out serius j)

so, yea, where's all that money you got coming from mookie?
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
whenever I look at my instagram i see this dude murda mook posting all this shit about "do you really want to be rich?" and posting pictures of what happens to you when you help out all your friends and family because you're rich and they arent..and I wonder...how much fucking money could you actually have, mook? You've only been paid for like 2 or 3 battles ever, you had ruff riders, but I doubt that was more than a slave deal, for a whip and a chain (shout out serius j)

i mean, if mook was smart about it that's a lot of money.

he's a popular rapper from the hood, he's probably got a lot of connections there...that's a lot of "reinvestment" money if you were smart about it...
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #6
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
If Mook was confident in his draw being worth 100k+ he should lower his price and ask for a % of the door and ppv he knows he wont generate that much income his looking for a quick big check... or as ive heard caps say before ser up multiple battles for 100k. But mook knows after his return vs someone from this era his going to loose... and i doubt anyones going to want to see him more than once.... he needs an entity like total slaugher to get that 100k

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #7
Profess

Quote:

I'm not sure if Mook being rich, poor, or somewhere in between makes a difference regarding the Hollow battle. In the Angry Fan video Beasley explains that there aren't enough fans to attend an event that would make Mook's ask viable and still let him pay others and make money.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #8
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
i mean, if mook was smart about it that's a lot of money.

he's a popular rapper from the hood, he's probably got a lot of connections there...that's a lot of "reinvestment" money if you were smart about it...
what, like, 40k overall from the iron battle and the lux battle...

he's got to feed his family, pay for living expenses

even if he put 20k out on the street or whatever he would have to maintain a low profile and i just don't see him being an underground drug tycoon

who knows, I just don't think of him as someone who is "rich" like how he sees himself
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #9
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
If Mook was confident in his draw being worth 100k+ he should lower his price and ask for a % of the door and ppv he knows he wont generate that much income his looking for a quick big check... or as ive heard caps say before ser up multiple battles for 100k. But mook knows after his return vs someone from this era his going to loose... and i doubt anyones going to want to see him more than once.... he needs an entity like total slaugher to get that 100k

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
It's a negotiation so a percentage seems to make sense. I think Beasley has an issue giving a % to someone that doesn't put down money for the event. I hear what you are saying about an entity like Total Slaughter being needed to but up the 100k. But Mook/Hollow is an important battle, and the consensus is that it should happen on URL.

If more people come out then usual.. The Barclay Center is a venue that's mentioned where is could be profitable. I believe the # is 6000 people would have to attend for it to work. there are 600k subscribers to the url channel and some of the more popular battle rap bloggers have about 30k subscribers. So what is the estimate for how many die hard battle rap fans there are? Rmbva has 5k members. I'm not sure 6000 people attending a summer madness event is realistic, might be.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:03 AM   #10
Casual

Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
what, like, 40k overall from the iron battle and the lux battle...

he's got to feed his family, pay for living expenses

even if he put 20k out on the street or whatever he would have to maintain a low profile and i just don't see him being an underground drug tycoon

who knows, I just don't think of him as someone who is "rich" like how he sees himself
i assumed he's made more than 40k over the years forother shit he's done but who knows. i woulda been thinking closer to like 1-150 with everything. maybe im way overestimating though.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:04 AM   #11
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
It's a negotiation so a percentage seems to make sense. I think Beasley has an issue giving a % to someone that doesn't put down money for the event. I hear what you are saying about an entity like Total Slaughter being needed to but up the 100k. But Mook/Hollow is an important battle, and the consensus is that it should happen on URL.

If more people come out then usual.. The Barclay Center is a venue that's mentioned where is could be profitable. I believe the # is 6000 people would have to attend for it to work. there are 600k subscribers to the url channel and some of the more popular battle rap bloggers have about 30k subscribers. So what is the estimate for how many die hard battle rap fans there are? Rmbva has 5k members. I'm not sure 6000 people attending a summer madness event is realistic, might be.
PPV is a thing.

Not to URL though, generally.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:07 AM   #12
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

i feel like i'm being a dick,but do you realise how few of URL's subscribers would actually be able to attend a URL event in NY?

i dont think anyone really wants to see battles go down infront of 6k people anyway,600 people is bad enough.

can't we just agree that we should stop talking about mook because people talking about him probs makes it seem like he's relevant to battle rap,and he isn't.

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #13
Profess

Quote:
i feel like i'm being a dick,but do you realise how few of URL's subscribers would actually be able to attend a URL event in NY?

i dont think anyone really wants to see battles go down infront of 6k people anyway,600 people is bad enough.

can't we just agree that we should stop talking about mook because people talking about him probs makes it seem like he's relevant to battle rap,and he isn't.
How is that being a dick? That's kind of my point that 6000 people attending is a reach. I mention the 600k subscribers and the other numbers to see if someone can build on that and arrive at a decent estimate of how many die hard fans there are. Seems like around 3k is the limit for NY events so far. Like @Casual says there is also ppv. In the video Beasley throws out that idea and TV ppv as well, but it's unclear if they will because he complains about bootlegs. Anyway, I can see why someone wouldn't be interested in Mook, but I think him vs Hollow is an important battle so I don't want people to stop talking about it.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:47 AM   #14
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
How is that being a dick? That's kind of my point that 6000 people attending is a reach. I mention the 600k subscribers and the other numbers to see if someone can build on that and arrive at a decent estimate of how many die hard fans there are. Seems like around 3k is the limit for NY events so far. Like @Casual says there is also ppv. In the video Beasley throws out that idea and TV ppv as well, but it's unclear if they will because he complains about bootlegs. Anyway, I can see why someone wouldn't be interested in Mook, but I think him vs Hollow is an important battle so I don't want people to stop talking about it.
they've gotten 2.5k ish in SM2 and that was back when there were way less fans and celebrities watching

If they could do what they implied they were attempting last year and get the indoor venue of MSG at like 6k capacity or so (keeping in mind this is purely hypothetical) i'm fairly certain they could sell out the venue. I know I'd go if it was even close to the dream card it was supposed to be and I've never been to a URL event before
Old 07-09-2016, 05:02 AM   #15
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
i assumed he's made more than 40k over the years forother shit he's done but who knows. i woulda been thinking closer to like 1-150 with everything. maybe im way overestimating though.
for sure i was just saying for the 2 battles

thats not a lot of momey tho

someone posted that a random kotd battler was a millionaire or something

i just donno how mook is one
Old 07-09-2016, 05:11 AM   #16
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
@AVOCADO can you explain why giving a battle rapper a % of the gate is a bad idea for the promoter and/or battler ?
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #17
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Quote:

It should happen on url but i dont see it happening and i feel like the mook hype is dying
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #18
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
they've gotten 2.5k ish in SM2 and that was back when there were way less fans and celebrities watching

If they could do what they implied they were attempting last year and get the indoor venue of MSG at like 6k capacity or so (keeping in mind this is purely hypothetical) i'm fairly certain they could sell out the venue. I know I'd go if it was even close to the dream card it was supposed to be and I've never been to a URL event before
Yeah, I'd go too.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #19
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
It should happen on url but i dont see it happening and i feel like the mook hype is dying
I'm not a huge Mook fan, but I would like to see Hollow style on him. 100k seems ridiculous. And like Beasley says, even if some NBA dude of famous rapper puts up the bread then that creates an unsustainable situation.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #20
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
@AVOCADO can you explain why giving a battle rapper a % of the gate is a bad idea for the promoter and/or battler ?
@All Day why do you think it is a bad idea? I'd like to head @AVOCADO's take for sure. In general, a lot of people don't like treating workers like owners. In other words, in a lot of cases people have to but down bread to get a percentage. Beasley mentions the Money May put down money for his promotions, and that is something battle rappers don't do. However, this might be a case where is makes sense. Iirc, Lux and Hollow have both gotten cuts of ppv's in the past.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #21
Profess

Quote:
for sure i was just saying for the 2 battles

thats not a lot of momey tho

someone posted that a random kotd battler was a millionaire or something

i just donno how mook is one
Why you counting another man's pockets lol.. What's in your bank account G?
Old 07-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #22
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Quote:
Why you counting another man's pockets lol.. What's in your bank account G?
not a lot but it doesnt matter because i dont flaunt it on instagram everyday

when ppl put it out there its fair game for conversation...in fact thats why they put it out there -- they want ppl talking about it
Old 07-09-2016, 03:28 PM   #23
Ryuha

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
Quote:

This...
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #24
Profess

Quote:
not a lot but it doesnt matter because i dont flaunt it on instagram everyday

when ppl put it out there its fair game for conversation...in fact thats why they put it out there -- they want ppl talking about it
Fair point, I've never checked his insta.. The title of this thread is about Mook's money so I can see why that would come up. tbh, it's unneccesary to put you on blast. respect
Old 07-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #25
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
I wonder how much Murda Mook asks for/gets for those little hip hop shows he performs at? I doubt its very much and clearly nothing even close to 100k.

But then New Yorks expensive as fuck im not surprised someone would ask for 100k, how much more room is there in Charlie Clips basement really?
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #26
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:

i dont wanna blow up the guy's spot but lets just say he knows how to stretch out what he has

he's from harlem, baby...it's in his blood

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:12 PM   #27
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
@Profess Giving Mook his asking price is like asking the Government politely to stop paying us minimum wage and stop taking our retirement money and Social Security. GTFOH Mook you are a faggot.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #28
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
i dont wanna blow up the guy's spot but lets just say he knows how to stretch out what he has

he's from harlem, baby...it's in his blood
maybe i should give him some credit if thats whats up
Old 07-10-2016, 01:13 AM   #29
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
@Profess Giving Mook his asking price is like asking the Government politely to stop paying us minimum wage and stop taking our retirement money and Social Security. GTFOH Mook you are a faggot.
I agree a hundred percent.. Mook's asking price is crazier than your flat earth theory
Old 07-10-2016, 01:19 AM   #30
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:

u forget that hiphop.com interview money
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:32 AM   #31
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
I agree a hundred percent.. Mook's asking price is crazier than your flat earth theory
okay okay I won't say the earth is flat. I personally just want to go into space and see the planet with my own two eyes. Would be an awesome view to see. Seeing is believing. But Nasa got me fucked up

Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!

Last edited by I am LIL ILL; 07-10-2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:54 AM   #32
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

@Profess yo when we text battling? I've been writing for you.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #33
Profess

Quote:
@Profess yo when we text battling? I've been writing for you.
I have been thinking at prelec's event by I don't know when that is yet. I'm down for a one off.. Lmk
Old 07-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #34
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
@All Day why do you think it is a bad idea? I'd like to head @AVOCADO's take for sure. In general, a lot of people don't like treating workers like owners. In other words, in a lot of cases people have to but down bread to get a percentage. Beasley mentions the Money May put down money for his promotions, and that is something battle rappers don't do. However, this might be a case where is makes sense. Iirc, Lux and Hollow have both gotten cuts of ppv's in the past.
I actually think it's a good idea and a fair idea. I just figure since it hasn't happened that either somebody like Avo would know why it's a bad idea for the promoter...or maybe battle rappers are afraid to bet on themselves.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:44 AM   #35
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
okay okay I won't say the earth is flat. I personally just want to go into space and see the planet with my own two eyes. Would be an awesome view to see. Seeing is believing. But Nasa got me fucked up

lmfao at this picture god damn u gotta be really fuckin stupid to even entertain these thoughts
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #36
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
lmfao at this picture god damn u gotta be really fuckin stupid to even entertain these thoughts
If I told you the government cares for you and obama cares for you and you are not part of the lower class of America I'd be lying and you would notice.