Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
Make America great again

Old 11-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #201
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post

In short, you put stock in Trump on being the lesser danger/dishonest criminal of the 2 when you have no real evidence to prove that is the actual case but 90% of the evidence you could use to suggest otherwise about Trump is coming straight from his own mouth on a regular basis.
nuclear war is a much greater concern than global warming. Trump is the anti-nuclear choice IMO because Hillary is a satanic power hungry bloodlusting witch who would start a nuclear war just for the rush that it would give her and because she's already 80% dead and doesn't have much time left

Hillary is a dictator wannabe, she even dresses like mao, she would have been a tyrant of the most corrupt and ruthless kind (yet very subtle)

As for Trump, he said he's against Nuclear first strikes

He once said something like " why aren't we nuking them?" Or something to that effect, that doesn't mean he believes in first strikes.. He just meant "why aren't we kicking their ass?"

You Trumpophobes take Trump way too literally.

You will never know how close we came to nuclear war with Russia thank god that evil witch Hillary was defeated

Last edited by Water Mage; 11-17-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #202
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
nuclear war is a much greater concern than global warming. Trump is the anti-nuclear choice IMO because Hillary is a satanic power hungry bloodlusting witch who would start a nuclear war just for the rush that it would give her and because she's already 80% dead and doesn't have much time left

Hillary is a dictator wannabe, she even dresses like mao, she would have been a tyrant of the most corrupt and ruthless kind (yet very subtle)

He once said something like " why aren't we nuking them?" Or something to that effect, that doesn't mean he believes in first strikes.. He just meant "why aren't we kicking their ass?"

You will never know how close we came to nuclear war with Russia thank god that evil witch Hillary was defeated
Just in case anyone else up here in Canada still thinks we're not crazy/dumb enough to do something like America just did - read this quote. Stupid doesn't know borders. I'm betting the conservative party gets taken over by xenophobes soon, and much like the republicans in the US the conservatives always have a chance to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #203
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Reading this post was like watching you slowly moon walk your way down the evolutionary scale.

You've literally put your own spin on what you THINK he meant by "why arent we nuking them" with a complete disregard of its implications and consequences. You refute the facts and go with your own gut conclusions that are apparently based on whether or not a person wears pant suits.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:11 PM   #204
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
hahahah "she dresses like Mao - she is very subtle"
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #205
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.44896ffeaca2

Human civilization is in danger, sitting back and watching as these old dudes who won't have to deal with the consequences accelerate the decline isn't an option. Even if you don't give a shit about ethnic or religious minorities, people getting Social Security and/or Medicare, war crimes, unprecedented nepotism, tax plans that heavily favor the wealthy, etc. because you feel like none of that affects you, surely you realize that you can only laugh at everyone else suffering in peace if there is a habitable planet to do that on, right?

Or maybe the only thing that you care about is what directly affects you in the moment as a somewhat affluent anti-censorship/PC young male? Good news then, there's something even you could be outraged about.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...117-story.html

I doubt anyone's even checking this thread anymore, but just in case.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #206
Water Mage

Quote:
Reading this post was like watching you slowly moon walk your way down the evolutionary scale.

You've literally put your own spin on what you THINK he meant by "why arent we nuking them" with a complete disregard of its implications and consequences. You refute the facts and go with your own gut conclusions that are apparently based on whether or not a person wears pant suits.
Well everyone puts their own spin on the import of words

Trump has said words that suggest he would nuke and he has also said words that suggest he is opposed to nuclear first strike

So it is all speculative, the evidence is insufficient and equivocal

It is all a matter of interpretation and my interpretation may be wrong, and so may yours be.

You guys think I actually drink my own kool - aid, I don't, I simply have a perspective

I really don't care if you like Trump or not, I am not sure I like him
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #207
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
hahahah "she dresses like Mao - she is very subtle"
these two things are not mutually exclusive and are completely unrelated

Also,I never meant she was subtle, but more subtle than other tyrants, that's a relative statement

and by that I meant, her methods are more subtle, completely unrelated to her attire

please try to read between the lines I won't have time to spoon feed you any further

Last edited by Water Mage; 11-19-2016 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #208
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:

In short, you put stock in Trump on being the lesser danger/dishonest criminal of the 2 when you have no real evidence to prove that is the actual case but 90% of the evidence you could use to suggest otherwise about Trump is coming straight from his own mouth on a regular basis.
Essentially this boiled down to Hillary had a bad track record as a politician and Trump didn't have a track record as a politician. You may not like Trump's moves as a business man, but at his level you are going to get blood on your hands and at the end of the day the goal is to make money, which it appears Trump has done well.

We've seen a lot of negative things from Hillary that hardly get reported outside of right wing news sites. From receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches - in what appear to be obvious backroom deals, to breaking laws and going unpunished, to ethics violations like receiving debate questions ahead of time and having the DNC go against Bernie Sanders lol.

People aren't stupid and have picked up on this type of thing, this wasn't just a Presidential election for some, but really a war against a bias media which selectively chooses which stories to promote and which ones to bury in an effort to influence the opinions of others and politics in general.

Trump on the flip side has given the media the middle finger repeatedly, doubling down at times they thought it would kill his campaign, doing things *his* way. Trump at this point is almost at a cult of personality status kind of in the same way Obama was lol. Dude is a modern day folk hero.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #209
GetPaid

GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Essentially this boiled down to Hillary had a bad track record as a politician and Trump didn't have a track record as a politician. You may not like Trump's moves as a business man, but at his level you are going to get blood on your hands and at the end of the day the goal is to make money, which it appears Trump has done well.

We've seen a lot of negative things from Hillary that hardly get reported outside of right wing news sites. From receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches - in what appear to be obvious backroom deals, to breaking laws and going unpunished, to ethics violations like receiving debate questions ahead of time and having the DNC go against Bernie Sanders lol.

People aren't stupid and have picked up on this type of thing, this wasn't just a Presidential election for some, but really a war against a bias media which selectively chooses which stories to promote and which ones to bury in an effort to influence the opinions of others and politics in general.

Trump on the flip side has given the media the middle finger repeatedly, doubling down at times they thought it would kill his campaign, doing things *his* way. Trump at this point is almost at a cult of personality status kind of in the same way Obama was lol. Dude is a modern day folk hero.
Yeah, it was really important to use your vote as a referendum on "media bias". Great choice of an issue to vote on.

Anyway, your "modern day folk hero" is going to kill you, me, and everyone else with his criminal inaction on climate change. You could try right now to convince him and his people that this issue is not only real but incredibly urgent (you'll be experiencing the devastating effects in your lifetime assuming you aren't on your last legs). I'm hoping you will instead of retreating into the comfort of rightwing media safe spaces where they assure you that settled science is actually a political issue and the "liberal media" is trying to con everyone into believing this real issue is in fact real.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...118-story.html

(Headline since I'm sure you won't click on it: 102 million dead California trees 'unprecedented in our modern history,' officials say)

Also, as someone who tries to be as polite as possible to people on here, I gotta say, you're a mark if you are still arguing for this guy Trump like he's anti-ethics violations/anti-backroom deals. Like, an absolute rube who desperately needs to diversify their news sources, because your boy is already laying the groundwork for legitimately unprecedented corruption. YOU ARE BEING CONNED, holy shit man, come on. Would you like specific examples of Trump's already unprecedented level of corruption in office? Maybe you just truly haven't seen any coverage on it because for some reason the world thought focusing on some bourgeois Hamilton culture war conflict was more important? To start, I guess look up what a "blind trust" is, and then search "trump business india". You said you voted against politicians violating ethical standards, right? Surely this must be a dealbreaker then?

I'll take back the insults and apologize the second you turn on Trump. I'm aware that the insults probably make it likelier you tune this out, but man, it kills me to see you act like corruption is such a big deal during the election but a non-issue now. I truly bear you no ill will if you are willing to leave your vote in the past and help resist what Trump is about to do to us. Otherwise, you are going to get us all killed from climate change, which kinda makes "media bias" not so important now that it's not just the immigrants and minorities at risk, no?
Old 11-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #210
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
At the highest level of business corruption is expected and commendable, unlike politics, where at the highest level people are at their most pure and never morally ambiguous. I'm sure once Trump enters the purified sphere of American politics he'll shed any shadiness that he's exhibited.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 11-20-2016, 10:49 PM   #211
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
Yeah, it was really important to use your vote as a referendum on "media bias". Great choice of an issue to vote on.
Hahahaha

Sure our planet is burning down and we're appointing white nationalists to the highest ranks of government, but at least my timeline won't be so gosh darn slanted!!!
Quote:
Old 11-20-2016, 11:55 PM   #212
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post

Anyway, your "modern day folk hero" is going to kill you, me, and everyone else with his criminal inaction on climate change. You could try right now to convince him and his people that this issue is not only real but incredibly urgent (you'll be experiencing the devastating effects in your lifetime assuming you aren't on your last legs). I'm hoping you will instead of retreating into the comfort of rightwing media safe spaces where they assure you that settled science is actually a political issue and the "liberal media" is trying to con everyone into believing this real issue is in fact real.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...118-story.html

(Headline since I'm sure you won't click on it: 102 million dead California trees 'unprecedented in our modern history,' officials say)

Also, as someone who tries to be as polite as possible to people on here, I gotta say, you're a mark if you are still arguing for this guy Trump like he's anti-ethics violations/anti-backroom deals. Like, an absolute rube who desperately needs to diversify their news sources, because your boy is already laying the groundwork for legitimately unprecedented corruption. YOU ARE BEING CONNED, holy shit man, come on. Would you like specific examples of Trump's already unprecedented level of corruption in office? Maybe you just truly haven't seen any coverage on it because for some reason the world thought focusing on some bourgeois Hamilton culture war conflict was more important? To start, I guess look up what a "blind trust" is, and then search "trump business india". You said you voted against politicians violating ethical standards, right? Surely this must be a dealbreaker then?

I'll take back the insults and apologize the second you turn on Trump. I'm aware that the insults probably make it likelier you tune this out, but man, it kills me to see you act like corruption is such a big deal during the election but a non-issue now. I truly bear you no ill will if you are willing to leave your vote in the past and help resist what Trump is about to do to us. Otherwise, you are going to get us all killed from climate change, which kinda makes "media bias" not so important now that it's not just the immigrants and minorities at risk, no?
We have not seen a convincing enough effort from people that believe in global warming that it is an urgent issue though. From Al Gore sensationalizing the topic, to the point where he implied that the world would be flooded by this point, to the left wing media lying over a consensus of 97% believing in global warming, global warming has become a non-issue for most people. That's what happens when you try to sensationalize the subject, you guys should be tar and feathering Gore right about now lol.

As for typing stuff into google, why not just provide the links? I did check out the thing with India... basically the concern is that Trump will still be managing his business while in office.... at least that is what the theory is, correct? If that happens while he is in office, I'd totally agree that is wrong, perhaps we should, how should I put this: wait to see what happens when he is in office?

It's ok to throw insults, I understand the game. Years of leftwing media has likely taught you that people who think differently from you are "the enemy" and "hate you". I can promise you that is not the case. If for example your statements of corruption prove true, I'd have no problem agreeing. As I stated though, Trump is a businessman, he did not have to take the oaths to public service that Hillary has, accordingly the history of corruption from Hillary has to be taken much more seriously.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:54 AM   #213
Water Mage

damn CBA bodying this thread
Old 11-21-2016, 07:46 AM   #214
thatguy

thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
We have not seen a convincing enough effort from people that believe in global warming that it is an urgent issue though. From Al Gore sensationalizing the topic, to the point where he implied that the world would be flooded by this point, to the left wing media lying over a consensus of 97% believing in global warming, global warming has become a non-issue for most people. That's what happens when you try to sensationalize the subject, you guys should be tar and feathering Gore right about now lol.
If you are actually interested in learning about what Al Gore was right and wrong about in an inconvenient truth, and how projections have changed since then, here is a decent article:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...nvenient-truth

I'm sure there are plenty of others out there too.

people tend to point out gore's mistake with this graph, for example.

People can nitpick the film, or vilify Al Gore if they want - he's a rich politician who leaves his mansion to fly around a preach about carbon footprint - I get it. (personally, I think he's great). Don't let whatever image you have of him confuse you about the very real science.

I agree that it can be difficult to know which media sources to trust these days but if you're in doubt, listen to scientists instead of journalists. Or learn about it yourself. I'm sure you can find cases where people misrepresent or exaggerate things... but the core issues are not made up and most scientists hate when people use inaccurate data/projections.

Here (^) is an example of Jill Stein using misleading/incorrect numbers and Climate scientist Jacquelyn Gill (click tweet to see comments) calling her on it in the comments saying "Where did you get this number? I'm a climate scientist and this exceeds even extreme estimates.... I advocate for action. But misinformation hurts our credibility".

I think there's a lot of truth to it - maybe you have become convinced that you were supposed to be underwater by now, so you don't trust people talking about climate change. I think there are probably many people who don't grasp the full effects of climate change and will only believe it's real when it directly effects them in dramatic fashion.

I realize rmbva is hardly the place for this issue, but it is a little disheartening to see someone holding this position tbh.

Let's start with this: I would be curious to see what your source is on thinking that the scientific consensus on climate change is not real.
Quote:
Old 11-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #215
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm nowhere near sophisticated enough to dispute the official global warming narrative, but I suspect think the EPA, UN etc have sinister ulterior motives. Their interference apprehends fossil fuel reliant small and medium sized enterprises from prospering, facilitating the opportunity for the corporate juggernauts, who can afford to circumvent the regulations or exempt themselves through corruption, to monopolize. It further de-industrializes our work-forces. And I'll assume renewable energy is expensive to set-up and produce, in which case only the elite oligarchy, who we're already indebted to, can afford to be the arbitrators. And how can 3rd world nations expect to modernize, become economically self sufficient, and eliminate poverty if they're forced to restrict CO2 emissions? I think over-population is the root of the environmental crisis, CO2 emissions are just the symptom. Whilst we all must make our lifestyles a lot more eco-friendly (i.e. fly less, buy locally produced items etc), I think all the global treaties, bureaucracies, power plant closures just perpetuate and intensify the disparity between the plutocrats and everyone else.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #216
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
I'm nowhere near sophisticated enough to dispute the official global warming narrative, but I suspect think the EPA, UN etc have sinister ulterior motives. Their interference apprehends fossil fuel reliant small and medium sized enterprises from prospering, facilitating the opportunity for the corporate juggernauts, who can afford to circumvent the regulations or exempt themselves through corruption, to monopolize. It further de-industrializes our work-forces. And I'll assume renewable energy is expensive to set-up and produce, in which case only the elite oligarchy, who we're already indebted to, can afford to be the arbitrators. And how can 3rd world nations expect to modernize, become economically self sufficient, and eliminate poverty if they're forced to restrict CO2 emissions? I think over-population is the root of the environmental crisis, CO2 emissions are just the symptom. Whilst we all must make our lifestyles a lot more eco-friendly (i.e. fly less, buy locally produced items etc), I think all the global treaties, bureaucracies, power plant closures just perpetuate and intensify the disparity between the plutocrats and everyone else.

Yup.. I care a lot about the environment, and there's no question that humans are having a detrimental impact, but I am highly suspicious of politician's assessment of the problem since their solution is invariably more taxes. The issue is being pushed to punish businesses and consumers, so I think the way they are going about it is all wrong.

I mean you have asshats like Obama or Trudeau flying around in a private jet for often unnecessary excursions, wasting fuel and taxpayer dollars, and these same clowns want to tax you for CO2 emissions.

Rather than punish consumers and businesses (thereby doing further damage to the economy) why not help the environment in a positive way by subsidizing alternative energy products, (solar panels, hybrid vehicles, etc.)

Some people will say that the Governments in some countries already do this but if they are, they should forget about the Carbon taxes and just further subsidize the green alternatives and help nourish a growing industry that will benefit the environment
Old 11-22-2016, 01:23 AM   #217
thatguy

I think a debate about how to best solved climate issues is a complex one and definitely one worth having. However, the public seem stuck at debating whether climate change is even real or not. If the public was debating carbon taxes vs cap n trade vs subsidies etc. I would be much more optimistic.

Unfortunately, I can't see how having a climate denier as president and another potentially as head of the EPA is going to help move the debate.
Quote:
Old 11-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #218
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
climate change deniers Luten Plunder would be proud

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #219
Water Mage

Quote:
climate change deniers Luten Plunder would be proud

http://youtu.be/A1Lxfm0oPr0
global warming is a conspiracy theory.

the more CO2 in the environment, the more food for the plants to grow
more plant growth = more O2.. So it all balances out

I don't know if u have noticed but all plants and grass are growing faster and faster every year, this is because they have more CO2 to nourish them, and they gobble up the CO2 and spew out more Oxygen..

Nature always has a way of returning to homeostasis, its just a question of how long it will take to get there

Last edited by Water Mage; 11-24-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:59 AM   #220
GetPaid

Who could have seen this coming

Can the anti-establishment Trump voters turn on him yet? Or are we going to keep being distracted by his Hamilton/burning the flag culture war tweets?

Political correctness feels like a big issue until your healthcare and social security are gone. Please, please turn on this 1%-er already.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #221
My Kall

My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeah people are gonna get a nasty shock when the Trump Administration takes effect. Just look at his marvellous yet unnecessary tax cuts and deductions for the privileged classes to see where his affections really lie. And if you don't think his FBI and Homeland Security intrusions into the Muslim and Hispanic communities won't spill into the white suburbs you're living a fantasy, everyone will get scrutinized eventually. This is not gonna be the ground-breaking libertarian experiment alot of these rebellious, anti-establishment, anti PC, alternative media watching populists desire.

I could go on & on, but Trump is certainly not the antidote to the agony that the elitist cabals and globalists, which Hillary and Obama were connected to, caused. I really hope I'm not vindicated, please prove me wrong.

Last edited by My Kall; 12-02-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #222
GetPaid

Quote:
Yeah people are gonna get a nasty shock when the Trump Administration takes effect. Just look at his marvellous yet unnecessary tax cuts and deductions for the privileged classes to see where his affections really lie. And if you don't think his FBI and Homeland Security intrusions into the Muslim and Hispanic communities won't spill into the white suburbs you're living a fantasy, everyone will get scrutinized eventually. This is not gonna be the ground-breaking libertarian experiment alot of these rebellious, anti-establishment, anti PC, alternative media watching populists desire.

I could go on & on, but Trump is certainly not the antidote to the agony that the elitist cabals and globalists, which Hillary and Obama were connected to, caused. I really hope I'm not vindicated, please prove me wrong.
I could post a double digit amount of tweets daily on this thread about what's about to be arguably the biggest theft of wealth by the 1% in the history of modern society (Could be somewhat of an exaggeration, but I think people are really overestimating how much of an exaggeration it is given how rich the USA currently is).

For example:

Also, "elitist cabals and globalists" is a dogwhistle for Jews, would really appreciate you choosing your words more carefully now that white supremacists like Bannon are running the government.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #223
GetPaid

Welp. We had a good run everybody. Let's just pray this guy has the restraint not to launch any nukes so we can live long enough to die from the consequences of man-made climate change.

Even Arsonal is jealous of the 1%'s win-loss record.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:35 AM   #224
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
i'm glad trump has officially ended the chances of ttip

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:30 AM   #225
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
global warming is a conspiracy theory.

the more CO2 in the environment, the more food for the plants to grow
more plant growth = more O2.. So it all balances out

I don't know if u have noticed but all plants and grass are growing faster and faster every year, this is because they have more CO2 to nourish them, and they gobble up the CO2 and spew out more Oxygen..

Nature always has a way of returning to homeostasis, its just a question of how long it will take to get there
We're also destroying parts of the planet that prop up that geochemical system. At a much higher rate than we're planting them.
Calling it a conspiracy theory is pretty laughable, though i'm on the fence myself. I tend to think who cares, taking care of the planet is a good idea either way
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #226
My Kall

The extreme left and extreme right's mutual hatred of globalization and mutual affection for protectionism and interventionist governance, cult of personality rabble rousers etc is frightening me. Whilst I understand the temptation to rebel against the establishment, you can't rapidly overthrow it without a blood-bath, which MUST be avoided at all costs. Chill out, we want a gradual yet lengthy sequence of reforms, NOT a revolution.

Protectionism is hazardous, trade wars are inevitable, and don't think trade wars can't escalate into actual wars. The military industrial complex never have enough wars. Fortunately I think the corporate globe holders are so reliant on inter-connectivity that they won't allow all the alliances and international conventions to implode, and this nationalism is an illusion to constrain the ordinary folk, and the juggernauts will exempt themselves from the barriers and tariffs and continue their symbiotic relationship, perpetuate mutually assured destruction etc, this is keeping us safe. At least we're making a rapprochement with Russia, Clinton wouldn't have.

I realize centrism is boring, it induces apathy, as it's less dramatic and emotive, but I've resigned myself to the fact that privacy, civil liberties and national security, which for me as a libertarian sympathizer are the 3 most paramount necessities, are more attainable and sustainable with a moderate centrist regime. It's the lessor of several evils, but it's the furthest a government can be from totalitarianism. I fear that all the populist demagogues, "conservative" and "socialist" all point their arrows in that direction, all be it from a very far distance.

If wars do erupt on our homelands, you would be a lot safer in a rural location, the less urban the better. Buy or rent a house in a small town, which combatants will ignore. Hopefully I'm getting paranoid.

Last edited by My Kall; 01-27-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #227
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
We're also destroying parts of the planet that prop up that geochemical system. At a much higher rate than we're planting them.
Calling it a conspiracy theory is pretty laughable, though i'm on the fence myself. I tend to think who cares, taking care of the planet is a good idea either way
ya but plant too many trees and lower CO2 too much and u will induce global cooling, bringing about the second ice age.. Why do you think the first ice age happened? Not enough CO2 emissions to heat the planet and trees growing out of control across the globe cooling the planet.. then the treeze froze and died, wooly mammoths and mastodons warmed the earth back up with C02 emissions from breathing as well as methane dense flatulation.

Last edited by Water Mage; 01-27-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #228
StankDaddy

Quote:
ya but plant too many trees and lower CO2 too much and u will induce global cooling, bringing about the second ice age.. Why do you think the first ice age happened? Not enough CO2 emissions to heat the planet and trees growing out of control across the globe cooling the planet

Err there's been five or six ice ages...
Its not quite that simple anyway. Geological ages are far more influenced by cataclysm than we're yet to really take on.
The Younger Dryas (which was a mini-ice-age) for instance was likely caused by a planetesimal impact on the North American ice sheets. Flooding in the range of billions (possibly trillions) of tons into the ocean raised sea levels and essentially stopped the global ocean conveyor belt causing massive cooling. BUT the END of the YD was caused by another - in the ocean - causing vapor to cloud the Earth for probably centuries which meant intense warming. Its not just what's available in the atmosphere. Chance and brute force are pretty important factors in earth sceince.
I don't mean to be rude, but mammoths breathing and farting caused global warming? Pretty much the only factors currently considered as to what causes ice ages or their breakdowns are radiation, orbit trajectory and how stable our precession is progressing.

Last edited by StankDaddy; 01-27-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #229
StankDaddy

Quote:
damn CBA bodying this thread
He said almost nothing. If waffling and providing no actual information - speculation and over-reaching conclusions is bodying... Well, nice.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #230
Water Mage

Quote:
Err there's been five or six ice ages...
Its not quite that simple anyway. Geological ages are far more influenced by cataclysm than we're yet to really take on.
The Younger Dryas (which was a mini-ice-age) for instance was likely caused by a planetesimal impact on the North American ice sheets. Flooding in the range of billions (possibly trillions) of tons into the ocean raised sea levels and essentially stopped the global ocean conveyor belt causing massive cooling. BUT the END of the YD was caused by another - in the ocean - causing vapor to cloud the Earth for probably centuries which meant intense warming. Its not just what's available in the atmosphere. Chance and brute force are pretty important factors in earth sceince.
I don't mean to be rude, but mammoths breathing and farting caused global warming? Pretty much the only factors currently considered as to what causes ice ages or their breakdowns are radiation, orbit trajectory and how stable our precession is progressing.
Of course geological ages and thus climate are far more influencced by cataclysm than most people think

Thats just it -- civilization could try to limit carbon emissions only to have a cataclysmic event that overwrites and or overwhelms all other factors

Earth will always regenerate, it's just a question of how long it takes for equilibrium to be restored

People look at nature as merely generative, as though nature, if left to its own devices would flourish infinitely without significant interims of ruin and degeneration, but nature will always be ultimately more destructive unto itself than man but either way it will always regenerate

It's an endless cycle of creation and destruction -- The whole global warming hysteria is ridiculous.. The biggest threat to the current order is nuclear or a cataclysmic event.. I mean, the worst case scenario that could possibly arise from global warming is allegedly, a disasterous flood, yeah? Well such apocalyptic events can happen at any time and will inevitably happen regardless

Oh and I agree with your initial comment about deforestation - Actually this is one reason I am annoyed by the global warming hysteria.. I think the global warming obsesssion distracts people from real problems and real solutions...

Last edited by Water Mage; 01-28-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #231
StankDaddy

Quote:
Of course geological ages and thus climate are far more influencced by cataclysm than most people think

Thats just it -- civilization could try to limit carbon emissions only to have a cataclysmic event that overwrites and or overwhelms all other factors

Earth will always regenerate, it's just a question of how long it takes for equilibrium to be restored

People look at nature as merely generative, as though nature, if left to its own devices would flourish infinitely without significant interims of ruin and degeneration, but nature will always be ultimately more destructive unto itself than man but either way it will always regenerate

It's an endless cycle of creation and destruction -- The whole global warming hysteria is ridiculous.. The biggest threat to the current order is nuclear or a cataclysmic event.. I mean, the worst case scenario that could possibly arise from global warming is allegedly, a disasterous flood, yeah? Well such apocalyptic events can happen at any time and will inevitably happen regardless

Oh and I agree with your initial comment about deforestation - Actually this is one reason I am annoyed by the global warming hysteria.. I think the global warming obsesssion distracts people from real problems and real solutions...
No, i think hte main worry with global warming is an extinction level event. Though, that doesn't do a lot to rebuff you - a cataclysm would have the same effect possibly more brutally.
I think people worry that what we're up to will change climate in a way that hinders planetary homeostasis such that continually deforesting, digging oil, polluting etc.. etc.. will bring resources down below a critical mass. That would leave it up to technology to restart global ecosystems - the basis for swathes of science fiction. I don't know that it will happen - as i said, i'm on the fence - but anything to help the planet and reduce things like hacking up the Amazon which we could not survive without sounds good to me. I'm fairly hippy in that way
Old 01-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #232
Water Mage

Quote:
No, i think hte main worry with global warming is an extinction level event. Though, that doesn't do a lot to rebuff you - a cataclysm would have the same effect possibly more brutally.
I think people worry that what we're up to will change climate in a way that hinders planetary homeostasis such that continually deforesting, digging oil, polluting etc.. etc.. will bring resources down below a critical mass. That would leave it up to technology to restart global ecosystems - the basis for swathes of science fiction. I don't know that it will happen - as i said, i'm on the fence - but anything to help the planet and reduce things like hacking up the Amazon which we could not survive without sounds good to me. I'm fairly hippy in that way
I agree with all of that, I am very concerned about the Amazon and the environment as a whole. I'd rather focus on protection on the environment rather than the obsession over CO2 emissions, because I do believe the earth is extremely resilient and capable of self-healing provided that plants are not decimated... Instead of worrying about second-hand smoke, let's make sure the lungs of the planet aren't hacked to pieces, ya know?

My main issue with the global warming hysteria is that it is mainly being used as an excuse to tax and hinder existing energy production, rather than
inspiration for Government to develop the technology and infrastructure for a better, cleaner way of producing energy.

Here in Canada, we now have a "carbon tax"

Also, instead of taxing non-environmentally friendly businesses/industries and their consumers, why not increase subsidies for environmentally friendly alternatives? Wouldn't a Government subsidy on a Prius or solar panels make more sense than a CO2 tax?

I also want to see people take more responsibility. Buy food from local sources, avoid driving your car as much as you can. I am a critic of a lot of environmentalists, and yet I walk to the grocery store / farmers market 90% of the time and carry my groceries home in a backpack, even though I do have a vehicle.

My main critique of the typical global warming kool-aid drinker is that too many of these people use it as a means of virtue signalling and also as a way to shift blame to corporate greed and all that, which is valid, but I'd rather see casual environmentalists take up the hobby of composting, gardening, or walk more and drive less than hear them bitch all day about pipelines, leave that for the hardcore environmentalists who have dedicated their life to that very task.

If we can prevent deforestation, I believe that although the current way of doing things is not sustainable long-term, it is sustainable short-term, provided that 2 conditions are met:
1 Every effort is made to advance a new way of producing clean energy
2 Countermeasures against deforestation and undue damage to the environment done in the name of corporate greed

And short-term sustainability is enough provided we charge forward and innovate and change the entire system

It is only a matter of time before solar energy and electric vehicles are efficient and inexpensive enough to manufacture that oil is squeezed out of the market

Last edited by Water Mage; 01-28-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #233
JonDemarco
I'm Nationwide.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
JonDemarco is not the worst person
Global warming a conspiracy theory? Jesus fucking Christ, what happened to education in the western world. Some of the absolute garbage you read online man. Fuck me
JonDemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #234
JonDemarco
I'm Nationwide.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
JonDemarco is not the worst person
Plants are growing faster omg
JonDemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #235
riffic
RYD ;

If you support Trump after he banned refugees fleeing violent dictatorship on Holocaust Remembrance Day...
Quote:
Old 01-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #236
riffic
RYD ;

Not just that: refugees of a specific religious sect fleeing violent dictatorship. On Holocaust Remembrance Day.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #237
GetPaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
If you support Trump after he banned refugees fleeing violent dictatorship on Holocaust Remembrance Day...
And yet these people who are so terrified of war-weary refugees that they need to physically bar them from being in the country will talk about how "safe spaces" are ruining America without a hint of self-awareness.

Also, if people really supported legal immigration and were just against illegal immigration, you'd think there would have been more disgust on their part for how people here legally were/are having their lives ruined by this.

Hmmm...maybe it's more just about getting rid of brown people? If only someone like Rudy Giuliani went on Fox yesterday and revealed the real reason. Guess we'll never know.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:06 PM   #238
My Kall

I've heard Americans are more likely to be stung to death by wasps than being killed in an act of terrorism. Think about that next time you see pictures of a boat full of refugees.

I hope at least some conservative purists remonstrate such egregious Federal intrusion into the autonomous affairs of cities. It disgusts me when conservatives are only libertarian-leaning when it suits their selfish agendas.

I'm very non Partisan, but for all the faults of Bernie Sanders style socialists, they are FAR less hypocritical than right-wingers, in my experiences. Leftists are much more consistent in the practice of their principles. But then again fascism is predicated on the preservation of numerous double standards, the preferred ethnicity are afforded a higher standard of living at the expense of 2nd, 3rd, 4th class ethnicities, who're subjected to lower standards of living.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 AM   #239
StankDaddy

Quote:
I've heard Americans are more likely to be stung to death by wasps than being killed in an act of terrorism. Think about that next time you see pictures of a boat full of refugees.

I hope at least some conservative purists remonstrate such egregious Federal intrusion into the autonomous affairs of cities. It disgusts me when conservatives are only libertarian-leaning when it suits their selfish agendas.

I'm very non Partisan, but for all the faults of Bernie Sanders style socialists, they are FAR less hypocritical than right-wingers, in my experiences. Leftists are much more consistent in the practice of their principles. But then again fascism is predicated on the preservation of numerous double standards, the preferred ethnicity are afforded a higher standard of living at the expense of 2nd, 3rd, 4th class ethnicities, who're subjected to lower standards of living.
I think you're missing that the extreme of both camps are batshit insane. They only work on the same insecurity principles in either case.
The difference is that Left-Leaning people tend to be less instrusive POLICY wise. They can be JUST as intrusive socially
Old 01-30-2017, 02:39 AM   #240
Water Mage

Quote:

So anything that is less likely to cause death than wasps is defined as a good idea? You realize that the greater the number of refugees on American shores the greater the probability is right? What if the probability of dying from a refugee or a radical Muslim exceeds the probability of dying from a wasp? Will you change your position on that issue?

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221, america is so fucked man, americans: dumbest people on earth, americawillneverbegreat, amerikkka, cantstumpthetrump, erikkk forman, forman confirmed racist, forman: bring back segregated buses, hillarysucksbutnotlikemonica, killary, kkk literally celebrates, nation full of retards, no words, president trump, rapist wife, trump2016, we came we saw i lost, welcome to america - 1950, white america, white lash