Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Who else is fuckin with Math's My Expert Opinion?

Old 09-19-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Who else is fuckin with Math's My Expert Opinion?

Good conversation with Meth

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Meth thinks Joe Budden is smart
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #3
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
started watching this last night when i got in pissed for about 30 minutes wasn't half bad tbf considering i normally cant stand math
Old 09-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #4
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica

Dope show... what's up with the mic levels tho. Haven't watched this latest one yet, but at times I could barely hear Meth.

"Math has graduated to become an analyst."

"Is Math the Jalen Rose of battle rap?"

-Black Compass Media
Old 09-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@Abstrakt What do you think about Math saying Danny Myers bit Canibus' style?
Old 09-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #6
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
^lmao retarded af and reminds me of wshh comments where they'd be like FUCK THIS WHITE BOY RONE HE STOLE KOOL G RAP STYLE

danny thinks parallel universe is bizarro world, thats his science level, bis was the original IT WAS ALiENS

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
^lmao retarded af and reminds me of wshh comments where they'd be like FUCK THIS WHITE BOY RONE HE STOLE KOOL G RAP STYLE

danny thinks parallel universe is bizarro world, thats his science level, bis was the original IT WAS ALiENS
Interesting take, I understood the comparison as the way they punch and deliver. Did you watch the part where the Danny/ Canibus comparison was made?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:36 PM   #8
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
of course not

and canibus rarely punched

canibus has like 4 diff distinct styles throughout his career, danny says shit like "my house was made of australian beer"

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 09-22-2019, 08:36 PM   #9
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
bis was the original IT WAS ALiENS
Ya Bis is weird but I have a rule that if I listen to Canibus I have to believe everything he says 100%.. his songs are way more dope that way.
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #10
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
im not watchin that shit its 56 minutes long

did see clip of it on battle rap discord where they spent 2 minutes trying to figure out caustic name tho and that was funny as fuck

someone said soul khan
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:33 AM   #11
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Mehh, even when Bis was a little more punch heavy ala the dmx vs canibus days (Yes I'm old with the mix tape reference) , still don't see the link.

Lot's of the old grindtime cats did borrow/ incorporate lines/styles from a lot of underground emcees though. Most didn't happen to be memorable enough or have staying power to care enough about it, just not the case here.

For example since I brought it up, J-Pro had a very heavy Chino XL 1996 type influence in his simile approach.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #12
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
Mehh, even when Bis was a little more punch heavy ala the dmx vs canibus days (Yes I'm old with the mix tape reference) , still don't see the link.

Lot's of the old grindtime cats did borrow/ incorporate lines/styles from a lot of underground emcees though. Most didn't happen to be memorable enough or have staying power to care enough about it, just not the case here.

For example since I brought it up, J-Pro had a very heavy Chino XL 1996 type influence in his simile approach.
I used the term "bit" so the connotation is bad. Had I paraphrased it as Math said Danny was "influenced" by Canibus then that might have been more accurate.

Thing is, Math sounded pretty certain when he said that. Personally, I don't see it yet, so I'm not saying Math doesn't have a point.

*by the way, old school rappers that battler rappers bit/were influenced by might be a good future thread.

Props for the J-Pro/ Chino XL example
Old 09-23-2019, 01:39 AM   #13
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
I used the term "bit" so the connotation is bad. Had I paraphrased it as Math said Danny was "influenced" by Canibus then that might have been more accurate.

Thing is, Math sounded pretty certain when he said that. Personally, I don't see it yet, so I'm not saying Math doesn't have a point.

*by the way, old school rappers that battler rappers bit/were influenced by might be a good future thread.

Props for the J-Pro/ Chino XL example
props for trying to keep some interesting material for the forum. Yeah bit and influenced by is a horse of a different color. I'd need to hear more of the context of what Math is talking about probably. I mean if you reach far enough, you bound to touch something at the end of the day, but still don't see it

I like the idea you brought up, it would be on some underground scat fetish shit, pun I guess, but still relevant to some of us to a little degree. Most of them cats are corny using hindsight, but even most of the better URL rappers have more of an old school influence. I rarely hear, if ever any battle rapper that was influenced by any emcee that started rapping after 2010 or way before in most cases
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:57 AM   #14
irvsykeg

everybody was influenced by canibus lol

Old 09-23-2019, 03:43 AM   #15
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
everybody was influenced by canibus lol
Old 09-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #16
irvsykeg

you are alternating between saying dumb shit and saying nothing at all, wtf are u even blathering about? "MATH SEEMED PRETTY CERTAIN!" why don't you draw a connection or provide substance if there is any

no, i don't think danny myers, who is consistently a prime example of the lowest form of wordplay and punches, is similar at all to one of the most uniquely talented battle writers of all time. canibus quotes from pre 2000 are still insane and sound nothing like danny.

you can't copy/bite a style like canibus ya momos. if you are that creative, you'd be doing your own thing. it'd be like biting bender. you can't just bite bender without understanding that level

and wtf are y'all talking about with bis and punches? bis rarely had punches and the few times i can remember being applicable, they were backseat to the rhyming and tone like rip off your skin just to get on your nerves.

meanwhile danny can't write a punch without inventing an impossible scenario to say nothing

LIKE FITTING EVERY STUDENT ON YOUR DOME, IM AHEAD OF THE CLASS

LIKE A HETEROSEXUAL WHALE I ORCHESTRATE

and yes, all of these dudes were influenced by canibus. canibus raised what was possible with writing.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #17
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
you are alternating between saying dumb shit and saying nothing at all, wtf are u even blathering about? "MATH SEEMED PRETTY CERTAIN!" why don't you draw a connection or provide substance if there is any

no, i don't think danny myers, who is consistently a prime example of the lowest form of wordplay and punches, is similar at all to one of the most uniquely talented battle writers of all time. canibus quotes from pre 2000 are still insane and sound nothing like danny.

you can't copy/bite a style like canibus ya momos. if you are that creative, you'd be doing your own thing. it'd be like biting bender. you can't just bite bender without understanding that level

and wtf are y'all talking about with bis and punches? bis rarely had punches and the few times i can remember being applicable, they were backseat to the rhyming and tone like rip off your skin just to get on your nerves.

meanwhile danny can't write a punch without inventing an impossible scenario to say nothing

and yes, all of these dudes were influenced by canibus. canibus raised what was possible with writing.
I get it that you don't think Danny is in Canibus' weight class but you've really missed the point about Math's remarks. I suggest you check the primary source before regurgitating another illinformed emotional response. You are clearly a good writer when focused so don't sell yourself short. Please have a good think on it before deciding whether or not to respond again. Good luck
Old 09-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #18
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:

I think you should make it a rule to count to 10 before you post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #19
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Stay tuned...
Old 09-24-2019, 04:09 PM   #20
irvsykeg

profess you are a moron stfu there is no "point" to maths remarks, your whole post was DAE THINK THIS, CUZ I DON'T! while offering nothing of substance to the whole thing

yeah for sure yo, canibus 2.0

who gives a fuck about danny, he's literally one of the worst ever

Old 09-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #21
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
profess you are a moron stfu there is no "point" to maths remarks, your whole post was DAE THINK THIS, CUZ I DON'T! while offering nothing of substance to the whole thing

yeah for sure yo, canibus 2.0

who gives a fuck about danny, he's literally one of the worst ever
Serious question, who is the bigger moron IYO Danny or me?
Old 09-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #22
irvsykeg

def you imeo

Old 09-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #23
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
i dont see it. i think he means the "out there"nature of both

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Old 09-24-2019, 08:21 PM   #24
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
i dont see it. i think he means the "out there"nature of both
That makes sense. They ARE both out there.. irregardless of who is a better rapper

Last edited by Profess; 09-24-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:28 PM   #25
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
def you imeo
Its possible that Danny is smarter than me. But is he smarter than you?
Old 09-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #26
irvsykeg

in a parallel universe maybe

u would 100% be the type of person who says irregardless instead of regardless. u say a whole lot of nothing with extra shit all over, i.e., dumb math canibus shit

are u ESL

Old 09-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #27
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
in a parallel universe maybe

u would 100% be the type of person who says irregardless instead of regardless. u say a whole lot of nothing with extra shit all over, i.e., dumb math canibus shit

are u ESL
So in this universe you are smarter than Danny. A guy that successfully does what you failed at doing.

Newsflash drug addict: you're not!
Old 09-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #28
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
that parallel universe shit is aids , every time i wanna give danny credit i remember some of the shit he says in battles and the set ups dear god
Old 09-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #29
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I keep seeing people roasting the "dope on the organ" part but its the "hope for his Morgan" that really irks me

I enjoy Danny tho; mostly his older or non-URL shit more

I dont care for the alternate universe jawns much but I do have some of his worst set-ups in the "so bad they're good" category:
" little cool gal tender..(Lew Alcindor)"
"they label me as the boards leader..(horse feeder)"
"this General peel ya...(memorabilia)"
"I'm a nigga that prevails literature...(Pernell Whitaker)""

Danny is such a wierd case study frfr:
most of these I listed are from the Bigg K battle; a battle I've watched a bunch so I remembered them but take that battle for example-
In that battle he said these "gems" that did hit

then he also said some exceptionally dope shit: "the 12 years a slave... take that out-Roots..Amistad..so many niggas masked up you would think we at comiccon"and "look back at the pump like you forgot the number you got the gas on"
BUT he also said probably number 2 &3 of the worst lines he ever said-"leave the scene smoky like when a ninja leaves" and "escape to the neighbors house on a zipline"

So Idk, I just watch and enjoy-

the man also said "you died the same day as your nephew" which may be the most truly hard/meanest things ever said in a battle
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #30
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
yeah anybody writing danny off as "one of the worst ever" is seeing him through an extremely limited view. He's literally one of the best ever but does also has some of the worst moments.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #31
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Old 09-26-2019, 04:42 AM   #32
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
"leave the scene smoky like when a ninja leaves"
this is why danny is the GOAT
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:43 AM   #33
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 516 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
got damn Danny Meyers wack as shit. Its like Geechi Gotti in Bizarro world

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #34
irvsykeg

Quote:
So in this universe you are smarter than Danny. A guy that successfully does what you failed at doing.

Newsflash drug addict: you're not!
i didn't set out to become a top battler or even have a desire to pursue battling, ever. i didn't prepare for rev and the results showed. i've battled 5 times excluding freestyle battles where i've shredded fools. 4 of those were decent showings, 3 of which were 2v2s, and all 4 after rev. i didn't fail at battling, i just have no interest in partaking in this retard fest with "lyricists" who copy one another to be shitty at basic rhyming

what i care about is writing and i dn't even care about that anymore

i shit on danny at writing and my 16 year old self did as well, danny is terrible. lol @ ppl like you who still actively follow battling when guys like him and chilla are top tier "writers"

no clue why ur calling me a drug addict lmao

ur a dork

Old 09-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #35
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
yeah anybody writing danny off as "one of the worst ever" is seeing him through an extremely limited view. He's literally one of the best ever but does also has some of the worst moments.
LOL yeah, one of the best ever who is also sometimes one of the worst, makes sense

battling has been shitty for years now on the creative level and people who haven't been watching as long as others have a diff viewpoint on what is crazy or "top tier" performance wise

danny is fuckin terrible, but like whatever u like, even if it's heterosexual whales and houses made of liquid

Old 09-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #36
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
Quote:
LOL yeah, one of the best ever who is also sometimes one of the worst, makes sense

battling has been shitty for years now on the creative level and people who haven't been watching as long as others have a diff viewpoint on what is crazy or "top tier" performance wise

danny is fuckin terrible, but like whatever u like, even if it's heterosexual whales and houses made of liquid
Eminem is a goat. Also one of the worst of all times. Lil wayne is a goat. Also one of the worst of all times. Hollow is a goat. Also one of thr worst of all times. Every great has some trash moments. The fact that you think battling has been doo doo for years shows you have a bias and also strange that you feel that way but still post on a battle forum years later.

You're picking bad lines out of a persons entire catalogue of work and calling that person trash. Danny has some moments that are absolutely golden - orcha straight was like 5 years ago. It's cool to have your opinion but like i said you have a very limited view if you don't at least recognize what makes people hold danny in a high regard as a writer.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #37
irvsykeg

how about this: people who hold danny in high regard as a writer are not as good at me at writing so idgaf about their opinion

danny's highs are nowhere near as high as the others you listed and someone like em has bad times when he's what? addicted to drugs and ODing on shit? or 20+ years into a career? i barely post, rarely watch battles, and the active thread that keeps me posting lately is someone going through old GT battles. there's no bias, just an informed opinion from someone specific in their tastes.

you almost certainly have a more limited view on battling as a whole than i do fwiw. anyway, idc tho, like what you like, bruh

i've peeped danny vs diz and both were terrible from a writing perspective in that. and 5 years ago is still too recent to say trash like orchestrate.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #38
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
recognize what makes people hold danny in a high regard as a writer.
I think Myers is entertaining and he comes up with some hilarious shit but I think he's a pretty bad writer, definitely not a great one and I don't really recognise what makes people hold him in a high regard. I think that it's down to the fact that a lot of battle rap fans reduce good writing to punchlines and ignore all other aspects but I'd be interested to hear why you think he is a good or great writer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #39
irvsykeg

Quote:
I think that it's down to the fact that a lot of battle rap fans reduce good writing to punchlines and ignore all other aspects but I'd be interested to hear why you think he is a good or great writer?
bingo although it should be "battle RAPPERS reduce writing to JUST punchlines and are oblivious to all other aspects." idgaf if the punch is even decent, when u have horrible setups or extremely basic rhyming, the shit sucks to me, because i was good enough not to do that shit when i was a literal child.

and danny isn't even fucking good at punchlines

a good writer would never have a fucking setup like "he had hope for his morgan" or do any of the 20 things that make that 4-bar absolutely atrocious. the flaws in his writing aren't things good writers do, ever (that's why it's hilariously easy for me to pick out pieces of dude's verses that i'm very confident they didn't write). so when you say he's had his bad moments, it cracks me up. in reality, your bar for good writing is just a lot lower than mine.

Last edited by irvsykeg; 09-26-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #40
irvsykeg

his entire parallel universe shit is retarded and the execution is basically on some elementary schooler type shit every time anyway

ITS CRAZY, MY GIRL WAS A DOMINATRIX BUT I ACCIDENTALLY RAN HER OVER WITH A WHIP

WHOA, MY POPS NEVER USED DEODORANT, AND I LEFT HIM STINKING FROM THE HEAT UNDER ARMS

OMG, MY HOMIE DREAMED OF BEING AN ENTOMOLOGIST, BUT I FILLED HIM WITH SLUGS

danny meyers is like /r/iamverysmart mixed with /r/im15andthisisdeep mixed with /r/dreamsofbeinganentomologist