Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
RIP DBD Show

Old 09-21-2019, 01:04 AM   #1
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
RIP DBD Show

While I suspect only like two of us are still watching (probably why it was cancelled), the DBD Show is going to finish at Christmas. Can't say I've watched it in forever, but it did occasionally have its moments.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:14 AM   #2
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Is Skylar G still on there? There were a few good moments when a fan (if I recall correctly) trolled him
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:00 AM   #3
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
just seemed like dan talking over folks and lots of uninteresting convos, but to be fair i never watched it and don't like dan so i may be biased

saw him going ultra aggro on frak for no reason and reaffirmed i don't like him at all

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #4
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Used to be good entertainment but i havent watched in a long time figured this would be its fate

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
stopped watching legit yeaaaars ago been dead to me a long time
Old 09-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Maybe Dan shoulda stayed sober while the camera was rolling. That was prob what made him interuption prone
Old 09-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #7
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Rip

I will miss the show
Old 09-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #8
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The first show with lush after vendetta and some of the caddy ones are podcast gems.

Haven't listened in years, no soundboard no care

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #9
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
The interview with Teddy Grizzle's roommate was my favorite moment.
SonnyDaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #10
bobbylight

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
The first show with lush after vendetta and some of the caddy ones are podcast gems.

Haven't listened in years, no soundboard no care
When caddy talked about his like 6 year old son being friends with the local retarded guy was maybe one of the funniest stories I have heard on a podcast and almost every podcast I listen to is comedians. Like that story was worthy of a legit stand up special.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #11
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
When caddy talked about his like 6 year old son being friends with the local retarded guy was maybe one of the funniest stories I have heard on a podcast and almost every podcast I listen to is comedians. Like that story was worthy of a legit stand up special.
Can you link that here?

We should link the best ones

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #12
bobbylight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Can you link that here?

I have no idea how to find it. I made a half assed effort when I posted this but I'm not going to sit through a bunch of episodes to try to figure it out. Maybe it is in one of the best of caddy Ron compilations?
Old 09-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #13
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Gonna try to find the Teddy Grizzle room mate time stamp later
Old 09-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Can you link that here?

Good guess is that its in here. Show description:

YEAR END SPECIAL: Cadalack Ron and the one and only Lush One join the crew on this very special episode of the Dirtbag Dan show. No five battles this time but we do have a new segment called punching around the world inspired by Mickey worthless versus Pesci and the Don on Don violence, we discuss the tragic death of Paul Walker, tell some crazy behind-the-scenes stories and for some strange reason discuss children interacting with the mentally disabled (Sorry in advance). Will be back January 6, 2014. Happy holidays from us to you.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #15
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
I always forget about the DBD Show until it gets mentioned on here every few months. I used to listen to it regularly but went completely off it years ago. When it was centred around battle rap with room for weird tangents with the original line up it was a great listen, but it became a bit too self-indulgent for Dan after a while and once he lost interest in battle rap it basically became a weed podcast.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:59 PM   #16
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe View Post
I always forget about the DBD Show until it gets mentioned on here every few months. I used to listen to it regularly but went completely off it years ago. When it was centred around battle rap with room for weird tangents with the original line up it was a great listen, but it became a bit too self-indulgent for Dan after a while and once he lost interest in battle rap it basically became a weed podcast.
nah when i watched he talked about movies, shows. bunch of cool topics.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:52 AM   #17
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
i still watch that shit.

i jst dont know y he has to try to create a storyline ending to his battle rap career when he really just needs to keep going bruh and synergize his character w what he's got going on aka dbd show n whatnot. sometimes he is a crybaby bitch but i had appreciated his persistence and passion. i hope he continues and also returns to battling already and continue branching out the west shit fr fr
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:39 AM   #18
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
nah when i watched he talked about movies, shows. bunch of cool topics.
Haha, exhibit one as to why the show disappeared. No-one cares about Dan's opinions about movies! I doubt even his wife wants to listen to that shit.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 09-23-2019, 05:51 AM   #19
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm honestly surprised it hadn't run its course earlier. Lots of fun listening during the earlier parts of the run (Yung Duck being some of the funnier highlights), but it's okay to move on to other things once the well runs dry. That's life.
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #20
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
OG kickback bobby

Quote:
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #21
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
It was a great show in the begining, the caddy episodes are legendary.
Then when skylar left it had a dip, it got good again when it was caustic , frak , reverse and fredo.

After the frak incident it sucked.
I tried to watch it a couple of weeks ago but naaah.
I think its a good time to retire that show.
ToddMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #22
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Great show for the first 50 or so episodes, still some of the best non-battle content from the scene imo.

I think I'll go through a few of my favourites today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #23
bobbylight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX5KEd2DtWM

Good guess is that its in here. Show description:

YEAR END SPECIAL: Cadalack Ron and the one and only Lush One join the crew on this very special episode of the Dirtbag Dan show. No five battles this time but we do have a new segment called punching around the world inspired by Mickey worthless versus Pesci and the Don on Don violence, we discuss the tragic death of Paul Walker, tell some crazy behind-the-scenes stories and for some strange reason discuss children interacting with the mentally disabled (Sorry in advance). Will be back January 6, 2014. Happy holidays from us to you.
YES!

They get on the topic at about 1hour 38 minutes. The story starts around 1.38:40
Old 09-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #24
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMargaret View Post
It was a great show in the begining, the caddy episodes are legendary.
Then when skylar left it had a dip, it got good again when it was caustic , frak , reverse and fredo.

After the frak incident it sucked.
I tried to watch it a couple of weeks ago but naaah.
I think its a good time to retire that show.
I gotta agree that after the Frak incident it was never the same. Still sad to see it go

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #25
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
I gotta agree that after the Frak incident it was never the same. Still sad to see it go
What was the Frak incident?

And been going through old episodes, looks like the channel got suspended this morning, gutted

Quote:
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:39 PM   #26
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:

And been going through old episodes, looks like the channel got suspended this morning, gutted
DBD & Frak got in a big argument on air.

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:43 AM   #27
Emancee

Quote:
Also Frak called Dan out to a battle. DBD despite picking on others for a living has the fragility of a small child when it comes to that kind of thing.

Quote:
Yeah, I wonder what that is about? Most likely trolls or disgruntled rappers doing a suspension-of-service on him. Youtube is so wack about things like that. They demonitized my channel for a mistake like that and then refused any sort of compensation.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #28
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
DBD & Frak got in a big argument on air.
more like dan melted down and freaked out on frak, getting personal about his battle career and such, and frak kind of just sat there and was mature about not escalating the situation. dan came off terrible like the fragile cock he is.

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #29
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
This is all fucking Fraks fault fuck him.
Phaget Magnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:59 AM   #30
irvsykeg

frak is the hottest young prospect on the market, has really awesome glasses (without rims on the lenses) and is a mature adult, dont drag his name through the mud!

Old 10-05-2019, 02:14 AM   #31
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
frak is the hottest young prospect on the market, has really awesome glasses (without rims on the lenses) and is a mature adult, dont drag his name through the mud!
I would love to see Frak vs DBD on Town Bidness. There is so much material both could hit each other with. Legit the only battle I wanna see do a comeback for.