Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Caustic vs Soul Title Match

Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
Caustic vs Soul Title Match

I forgot soul had the title but this would make things more interesting

And everyone seems like their game besides eurgh who i dont think has chimed in yet

Last edited by barack mo drama; 10-08-2015 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Shshsj
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:03 AM   #2
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix probably likes in here/hair word play
that'd be weird since caustic has only had a few battles on don't flop, none of which were that great.

i feel like he needs to put in a bit more work for don't flop before getting a shot at becoming champ, tbh.
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #3
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
yeah that would be strange. he should get more clout of DF first imo

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:13 AM   #4
Caustic
VIP

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Caustic is not the worst person
Probs wouldn't have got the match to begin with if I wasn't good enough me thinks. Not my fault they gave Jeff price and mr 13.. Soul will be my 5th DF match. Stop being so proper guys. Sometimes you need to shake things up a bit. I Could spray NWO on it when I win.. Could be fun.

Is it a chain or a trophy or what I don't even know
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
CadalackJon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CadalackJon is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
It's a tea cup with DFAFD in 80's graffiti on it.
CadalackJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:19 AM   #6
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
there has never been a more appropriate battle for someone to get Diz Hoffa'd (Soul)
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:19 AM   #7
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
I think its a good idea

They should have announced it like that from the begining
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:20 AM   #8
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
like i said before, soon Caustic bout to be DF & KOTD Champ at the SAME DAMN TIME !
Old 10-08-2015, 01:23 AM   #9
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It's not unheard of. Hollohan put up the KOTD against Saurus on the spot, and that ended up being a dope battle. I could definitely see Eurgh blocking the idea of Soul doing the same, though. He strikes me as someone who takes every battler's resume in HIS league really seriously, and would probably prefer Soul to go up against someone like Raptor or Quill.

Title match or not, it'll be a good battle.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:32 AM   #10
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Probs wouldn't have got the match to begin with if I wasn't good enough me thinks. Not my fault they gave Jeff price and mr 13.. Soul will be my 5th DF match. Stop being so proper guys. Sometimes you need to shake things up a bit. I Could spray NWO on it when I win.. Could be fun.

There's nothing physical I don't think

We can make you a macaroni one
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #11
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
I'd like to see it on the line makes it more exciting
Old 10-08-2015, 01:42 AM   #12
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: Post(s)
it doesn't matter either way

caustic's good but soul's gonna win pretty decisively live and on camera

it'd be more exciting as a title match though as far as hype and anticipation goes, since the natural hype for soul and caustic died down a years ago or so
Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #13
Caustic
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
there has never been a more appropriate battle for someone to get Diz Hoffa'd (Soul)
My minds telling me noooooo

BUT MY BAWDEE
Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #14
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Organik would be salty.
Probably not. Caustic being the champ is not a good look for kotd. I love the dude though
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:54 AM   #15
Sweettre15

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sweettre15 is not the worst person
@Caustic: I think you just need to focus on a making a dope classic with Soul. No need for the other shit
Sweettre15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:55 AM   #16
Caustic
VIP

I'm gonna unify the titles and then set them on fire and then disappear forever.

There's a plan everyone can get behind.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:58 AM   #17
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
after that mr eleventeen guy i'm pretty sure Soul could choke for 9 minutes and still get every vote.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:11 AM   #18
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
I'm sure caustic wouldn't mind body'n soul
pityposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:22 AM   #19
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
It'd be cool just to laugh about if the voting actually had Caustic win. I've definitely watched Caustic vs Jefferson Price & vs Mr13 more than any Soul battle on DF. Or any Soul battle at all.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:03 AM   #20
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
There went that bar lol
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:03 AM   #21
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Quote:

The argument isn't that you aren't good enough; it is that you haven't done enough in that league to warrant giving you a shot at the title. The title holder is essentially the face and the person perceived to be the best active main-stay for that league at the present time. This isn't a sporting event, more like an entertainment event.

Also, do you have any issues getting into the UK? I remember there was a problem with you getting into Canada so that may be a major concern as well.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:04 AM   #22
Flamazide

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
There went that bar lol
Fresco said it to Soul Khan
Old 10-08-2015, 04:06 AM   #23
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamazide View Post
The argument isn't that you aren't good enough; it is that you haven't done enough in that league to warrant giving you a shot at the title. The title holder is essentially the face and the person perceived to be the best active main-stay for that league at the present time. This isn't a sporting event, more like an entertainment event.

Also, do you have any issues getting into the UK? I remember there was a problem with you getting into Canada so that may be a major concern as well.
im gonna skim thru the fake battle rap manual and see if there was ever a precedent set on winning fake titles.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:07 AM   #24
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

if it is for the title when you win please give Oshea a shot at winning back the title he never really lost.

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:20 AM   #25
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamazide View Post

getting into the UK is much easier then getting into canada

btw theres no way souls corny ass wins this battle with his lord of the ring raps
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:27 AM   #26
Flamazide

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
im gonna skim thru the fake battle rap manual and see if there was ever a precedent set on winning fake titles.
Lol yeah. It's all pretty arbitrary.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:29 AM   #27
Flamazide

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
getting into the UK is much easier then getting into canada

btw theres no way souls corny ass wins this battle with his lord of the ring raps
Oh word? That's interesting. I figured it would be about the same. I guess it makes sense; I hear less about rappers getting turned away in the UK. Weird.

People like Soul's Dungeons and Dragons raps lol.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:30 AM   #28
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Not sure which direction Eurgh is taking the DF title, but it has always been between 2 UK rappers for it. He even announced that there would be a separate International Title for rappers outside the UK to compete for (Then quickly abandoned it without a word).

Then again, Organik's recent 'KOTD views anyone from anywhere as part of our roster' post suggests that the next battle will be American vs American on the Fresh Coast, so DF might consider something similar, who knows?
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #29
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Soul will win. Title doesn't actually matter really... Idk, get on with the battle dudes..
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #30
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Why not?
Old 10-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #31
THE KING

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
THE KING is not the worst person
think the battle will be sick no matter what, and soul will win no matter what.
THE KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #32
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It would add some extra stakes, but it's really just as good as a promo battle IMO.

Doubt DF'll agree to making it judged anyway. Last Caustic battle to drop on DF was 2 years ago, there have only been 3, and the views aren't anything special. Plus Dialect/Raptor/Ogmios/Gemini definitely deserve it more.

Also I doubt they'll want to pay for flights and work around an American's schedule every time they want to have a title match.

I could definitely see international battlers getting title matches down the line for sure, but not yet.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #33
paddy87

paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
theres no real reason that holds any weight as to why caustic shouldn't get a title shot.

i just dont think it makes much sense for DF imo.

this should be a stand alone grudge match,if punches get thrown then theres no title match ruined.

the battle already has enough of a backstory without having to force the title match angle anyway.

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #34
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Not sure which direction Eurgh is taking the DF title, but it has always been between 2 UK rappers for it. He even announced that there would be a separate International Title for rappers outside the UK to compete for (Then quickly abandoned it without a word).

Then again, Organik's recent 'KOTD views anyone from anywhere as part of our roster' post suggests that the next battle will be American vs American on the Fresh Coast, so DF might consider something similar, who knows?
I think DF would be the same if they were in the same sort of location that KOTD is. The only thing really stopping it is probably the fact they would have to fly out the overseas champ 2/3 times per year which is costly and what happens if they end up going through a similar situation to thesaurus and decide it isn't worth trying to get into the Uk anymore.

I think an international title makes more sense for DF now since they have DFUSA on the go as well as another amsterdam event coming up etc.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #35
ToddMargaret

ToddMargaret is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
splash!

This battle is gonna be dope! and for once they cant just ignore a dope battle on the dbd show because soul is in it! haha

I got caustic tho
ToddMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #36
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
I think DF should focus on developing the prestige of their title as it is now before creating a separate international title. They're doing really awesome things in America, most of their events over here have gone smoothly and produced some heaters so maybe down the road they can have a separate 'North American' division to avoid the problem of having to fly out battlers to the UK every time there's a defense

On a side note it's funny how much of a battle, for lack of a better word, is going on for ground in America right now. KOTD, while pretty much confined to the west coast except for the massacre event, is killing it out there with the B2B series, and recently DF, like I said, has toured through a lot of major cities here and put on awesome events. It's good for us as consumers to have these great battles coming out so frequently but it seems odd to me that there's such a big vacuum in American battling that these international leagues have been able to get the foothold they have. There's sooooo many leagues here but none of them really have the prestige aside from Smack, and lately that's turned into such a niche in terms of newer battlers gaining a foothold within the league that it's forced a lot of American battlers to branch out to KOTD and DF.

If only grind time didn't totally fall apart, that really would've been the perfect answer to all of this, having leagues in multiple cities to fill the gap we have now. Too bad madd illz fucked it up so bad

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #37
Wickedness

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wickedness has seen da-feet
Soul gotta defend the title. Its only right plus.. its been a bad day for eurgh.. Making a title match will at least give DontFlop more meaning. Cruger imo should be the number 1 contender tho

Last edited by Wickedness; 10-08-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Wickedness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #38
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMargaret View Post
splash!

This battle is gonna be dope! and for once they cant just ignore a dope battle on the dbd show because soul is in it! haha

I got caustic tho
Instead they just won't acknowledge Soul saying anything dope
Old 10-08-2015, 11:10 PM   #39
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Caustic is gonna kill that boy anyone who thinks differently does not realise the boyment coming soul'd way
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote