Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
No KOTD Event has EVER started late.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
No KOTD Event has EVER started late.

*UPDATE* I was right BUT its not a problem like i portray in my post. its their standard procedure.
-specialoh

what?

yea.

i realized this 3 years ago but i still see people post about battles starting late every event. when in reality, they are never late.

KOTD knows when they wanna start the battle. Organik isin't runnin around trying set shit up (sometimes sure)..hes outside smoking drugs and i know this because ive seen in multiple times

Their first battle is consistently (everytime) 2.5 to 4 hours from the announced time. u think they just cant organize shit quick enuff? even lil ill would figure out how to after 1 or 2 or 3 or 20 events..so these guys can't?

so why?

well they lie because they have had problems with attendance. not in the amount of people coming, but the amount of people showing after the start time..2.5 to 4 hours technically should be enuff time for the shitty rappers to be finished. but its not cuz they fucking trick u.

people used to flow through the venues early battles and show up a little late or an hour late 2 hours late, 3 hours late

this isint for the ppl who traveled to be at the battle. this is so the street traffic and locals are all in the building and the camera background looks full and prob for other reasons..idk

Q: Why dick around the ppv watchers for hours with "expected times" when u know god damn right when ur starting..u know exactly when u want/have to get out of the venue and how long battle events take

Correction: they dont dick around anybody and this part was shown to not be totally true

*this is for Toronto KOTD events

Last edited by SpecialOh; 09-19-2016 at 07:09 AM.
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
Bubba Barz
Antonyms and Synonyms

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bubba Barz User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
OP dry snitching like a MF
Old 09-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
SpecialOh
©

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
nothing dry about this my man
also fuck off ekelon @Seanzo wtf
Old 09-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1462 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
SpecialOh
©

i dont think this is a wild enough accusation to get
@King Fly

or @OrganikHipHop to tell us the real reason they have never been on time once
Old 09-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #6
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
ppv goes on when doors open - which is a scheduled 1.5-2 hours before the first battle is supposed to start. sometimes its later because the battlers arent all there, or there isnt enough crowd to start.
i mean we could always start the ppv later if everyone wanted, but usually we are bombard with "start the ppv" or "why hasnt the ppv started" once people find out the doors are open.
oh and drugs are bad, Mkay?
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #7
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
ppv goes on when doors open - which is a scheduled 1.5-2 hours before the first battle is supposed to start. sometimes its later because the battlers arent all there, or there isnt enough crowd to start.
i mean we could always start the ppv later if everyone wanted, but usually we are bombard with "start the ppv" or "why hasnt the ppv started" once people find out the doors are open.
overworked lol no drugs

ok ur right

how bout the general delays u know why every toronto event is 4 hours late? dont divert my real question friends dont do that
Old 09-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #8
SpecialOh
©

not trying to coax (hehe) but u didnt say i was wrong about that part

investigator oh strikes again! exposing the things that dont matter whatsoever
Old 09-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #9
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
overworked lol no drugs

ok ur right

how bout the general delays u know why every toronto event is 4 hours late? dont divert my real question friends dont do that
those are the general delays - 99.9% of the time a battler isnt there (or cant be found) or we are waiting for the crowd to arrive.

i dont recall blackout 6 taking that long to start either day (day 1 doors opening was late cuz they hadnt finished set up yet) with very minimal breaks between the battles
Old 09-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Ive never been to a battle event that started less than 2 hours after it said it would.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:18 AM   #11
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Ive never been to a battle event that started less than 2 hours after it said it would.
i think you are confusing "doors open at" with start time (as most people do)
Old 09-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #12
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2895 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Events shouldn't finish close to 3am. They should end around midnight. If people are wondering why title matches seem to suck, it's because the crowd is dead by that point in the night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:01 PM   #13
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
i think you are confusing "doors open at" with start time (as most people do)
No even when some leagues say battles should start at a certain time. There's usually not enough people at that time.
I never expect it to start "on time"

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #14
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
whenever an event is running late it's 100% King Fly's fault
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #15
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
"Organik was smoking drugs outside? And people wonder why birds are falling dead from the sky. He should be ashamed" - Hipster

On a serious note, idc how late or early a battle starts, I watch them free on YouTube. If I buy a PPV, Chris, Rone, Or DBD keep me entertained while I'm waiting.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #16
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Events shouldn't finish close to 3am. They should end around midnight. If people are wondering why title matches seem to suck, it's because the crowd is dead by that point in the night.
I imagine the battlers r either dead tired too or drunk by that point

Wasn't complainin tho just curious
Old 09-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #17
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
wild that a company has a service representative accusing someone of using drugs on a public forum because they're making a super reasonable point about how shitty your event timing is lol

smddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddack

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #18
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
title matches seem to suck because all parties involved are usually pretty dogshit: cc: the last one was caustic vs rone, and the one preceding it was illmaculate vs rone directly after dizaster vs iron solomon as if that wouldn't set the bar too high

#retirethetitle #butleticewinitoffronefirst #soronedoesnttakeangles #liketheytookthechaincauseimtoogood #causehesnottoogood #everyoneelseisjusttoobad #smddddddddddack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #19
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So let's assume that two things here are at least moderately true:

I. Events shouldn't run into the wee hours of the morning

II. The past title matches were underwhelming in not only hype, but execution.

What should the solution(s) be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #20
Lizman

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
i dont get it

u got captions?

You Got Captions
You Can Get The Drama Or The Feed Stops
Here's My Handle Here's My Shout Out
I'm A Little Tweet Blog
Old 09-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #21
Yagerbomb
FUCK

Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
wow special oh exposed KOTD!!!
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Yagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #22
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
So let's assume that two things here are at least moderately true:

I. Events shouldn't run into the wee hours of the morning

II. The past title matches were underwhelming in not only hype, but execution.

What should the solution(s) be?
I like ur outlook! focus on poss solutuon n not just blind judgement. Ima try and think of a hypothetical 1
Old 09-18-2016, 11:23 PM   #23
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Battle rap events are notoriously bad with timing and we excuse it because everybody's bad at it. That said, outside smoking drugs fucking killed me
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:53 PM   #24
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 586 Post(s)
OrganikHipHop is not the worst person
Quote:
what?

yea.

i realized this 3 years ago but i still see people post about battles starting late every event. when in reality, they are never late.

KOTD knows when they wanna start the battle. Organik isin't runnin around trying set shit up (sometimes sure)..hes outside smoking drugs and i know this because ive seen in multiple times

Their first battle is consistently (everytime) 2.5 to 4 hours from the announced time. u think they just cant organize shit quick enuff? even lil ill would figure out how to after 1 or 2 or 3 or 20 events..so these guys can't?

so why?

well they lie because they have had problems with attendance. not in the amount of people coming, but the amount of people showing after the start time..2.5 to 4 hours technically should be enuff time for the shitty rappers to be finished. but its not cuz they fucking trick u.

people used to flow through the venues early battles and show up a little late or an hour late 2 hours late, 3 hours late

this isint for the ppl who traveled to be at the battle. this is so the street traffic and locals are all in the building and the camera background looks full and prob for other reasons..idk

Q: Why dick around the ppv watchers for hours with "expected times" when u know god damn right when ur starting..u know exactly when u want/have to get out of the venue and how long battle events take

*this is for Toronto KOTD events

Actually, we usually aim to start the event 2 hours after the doors open which is typical, standard industry time. This allows everyone ample time to be searched, get in the venue, and get comfortable.

Doors Open at 7, Battles start from 9-9:30.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #25
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
Actually, we usually aim to start the event 2 hours after the doors open which is typical, standard industry time. This allows everyone ample time to be searched, get in the venue, and get comfortable.

lmao why do this shit so late when u have so many battles each day

start them earlier and people wont be so drunk and shitty and tired for the good battles. or have the good battles earlier and let people leave for the shit tier ones. your crowds are some of the worst in battle rap, and its not just a coincidence.

or have smaller cards.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:57 PM   #26
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:

stop letting kingfly post here and ruin your reputation as a legitimate business, your events starting late is the least of your worries when you've got a representative employee calling people retards

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by culturedboy; 09-19-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:44 AM   #27
SpecialOh
©

Quote:

Gotcha makes much sense so the "doors open at" is not the same as "battles start at"

I have just always been curious!
Old 09-19-2016, 12:47 AM   #28
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
stop letting kingfly post here and ruin your reputation as a legitimate business, your events starting late is the least of your worries when you've got a representative employee calling people retards

Stop this lol kingfly is a good guy and I miss him when he leaves bcuz ppl are super critical

He's mah friend <3
Old 09-19-2016, 01:03 AM   #29
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Sidebar: "Outside smoking drugs"? Realllllly Special? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:15 AM   #30
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Starting an event 2.5 hrs after the doors open/ppv starts is poor and unexceptable. I don't think I've ever been to a concert where I've had to wait that long so what makes this any different? People got better things to do than stand around waiting for that amount of time.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #31
Battlehogg

Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

2.5 hours from when doors open till the opening act is not standard industry time.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #32
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Stop this lol kingfly is a good guy and I miss him when he leaves bcuz ppl are super critical

He's mah friend <3
friend or not dude's an absolute cunt and his insults make me not want to support the product

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 04:10 AM   #33
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
dog the cruiserweight classic is the best thing for wrestling in a long time
Old 09-19-2016, 06:31 AM   #34
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
2.5 hours from when doors open till the opening act is not standard industry time.
oh no?

Quote:
friend or not dude's an absolute cunt and his insults make me not want to support the product
he comes off like a cunt but i mean 0 body language on the internet.. if u spoke to dude in person u would see hes not actually like he seems! hes good ppl
Old 09-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #35
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Sidebar: "Outside smoking drugs"? Realllllly Special? Lol.
haha but its true! like i said i seen it and im all about that 100% transparency!

i just miss kotd staff and they never show up until i post something outrageous about them
Old 09-19-2016, 06:37 AM   #36
Battlehogg

Quote:
oh no?

he comes off like a cunt but i mean 0 body language on the internet.. if u spoke to dude in person u would see hes not actually like he seems! hes good ppl
Did he ever give you your $100 back?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:41 AM   #37
SpecialOh
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
Did he ever give you your $100 back?
no sir

but to be 100% fair two times kingfly was rdy to move to rectify it, i wasn't rdy and when i was rdy i wasn't able to get into contact wit no1

truthfully 1 message to AVI Rex will get it done as long as they can still see the paypal history. he is one of my fav people in the world

Last edited by SpecialOh; 09-19-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #38
SpecialOh
©

KOTD gonna make more than $100 off me very fucking soon wit all my free publicity
i mean...not as much as smack becuz he actually sees my potential

#missed opportunity #TooLateToSaySorry #KOTD

@OrganikHipHop people are scared to admit it but we miss you and ur presence here. thx for stoppin by n keep us in mind! i know u got talkback to worry about but most of us dont f with it. added full disclosure to OP so i dont look like a dick.. i mean to show respect to u

Last edited by SpecialOh; 09-19-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:46 PM   #39
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Quote:
wild that a company has a service representative accusing someone of using drugs on a public forum because they're making a super reasonable point about how shitty your event timing is lol

smddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddack
i seriously think you are either severely handicapped and in which case im sorry for picking on you - or just dont know how to read and comprehend - or just like to take shots at me (probably a combination of all three tbh)

just for your reading pleasure i highlighted what i said {drugs are bad} in response to special saying people are smoking drugs outside and then you claiming that i am accusing someone of doing drugs. see how they dont go together??

lol fucking idiot

Last edited by King Fly; 09-19-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:48 PM   #40
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
you've got a representative employee calling people retards
truth hurts eh?

Tags
butleticewinitoffronefirst, causehesnottoogood, everyoneelseisjusttoobad, keepbangingson, kotd, liketheytookthechaincauseimtoogood, missed, retirethetitle, soronedoesnttakeangles, toolatetosaysorry