Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What are you more excited for?

View Poll Results: Which event are you more excited for?
Battles at the Bunker: October 29 85.29%
Ganik v Gully 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What are you more excited for?

Battles at the Bunker - Oct 29th or Ganik vs Gully? Why?

I'd like to open a discourse on the seeming lack of support and overshadowing for the Bunker card promotion wise in which I am infinitely more stoked on.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Bunker by far.

There's a couple cool battles on GVG but I'll put my money on Bunker producing better battles.

Bunker has given us stellar battles consistently, Toronto battles always seem to have some fuck shit going on lately.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Def looking more forward to the bunker... Avocado/ J-Pro have a better feel for making matches that make more sense... Looking forward to the philly wave coming out west also... fresco vs QP will probably be a fun battle, that will turn out great, without either of them taking themselves too serious...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I like the whole team thing and Team Gully has some better battlers than I expected, some as bad as I expected aswell though.

Bunker card in general is much better so far, GVG would have to pull some shit out to match it but either way E Ness vs B Magic is at Bunker so it automatically wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1464 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
You already know
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:54 PM   #6
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'd be interested to see the other side of the question tbh, if it exists.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #7
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
bunker. better matches, better crowd, better environment.

not to say the organik/gully card is bad... but c'mon.... magic vs ness, man.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:11 AM   #8
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

pretty one sided it seems, why do you guys think that the higher ups in kotd seem to be overshadowing the event?

Is it because he other event is sort of agenda driven?
Old 10-15-2016, 04:16 AM   #9
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
go to talkback and ask this

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:06 AM   #10
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm more excited for this next UW event tbh. Shits all over both of those KOTD events and nobody here seem to be talkin bout it.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:24 AM   #11
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
go to talkback and ask this
no hahaha, it's absurd over there, I posted something sarcastically about this, this week, shit got like 7 likes and it was all from posters from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
I'm more excited for this next UW event tbh. Shits all over both of those KOTD events and nobody here seem to be talkin bout it.
nah that's card is great, trust, I'm jersey forever.

not the question tho
Old 10-15-2016, 06:16 AM   #12
Skr33
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Skr33 is not the worst person
While I am SUPER disappointed that Madflex won't get to battle Heartless because of whatever nonsense, I'm definitely more excited for the Bunker card. Although, I dont know, there may be some great matches announced for Gully vs Ganik. There are a few matches that could be on GvG that would make me more excited for that than the BATB event, but with what has been announced thus far, The Bunker is winning IMO.
Skr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #13
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
pretty one sided it seems, why do you guys think that the higher ups in kotd seem to be overshadowing the event?

Is it because he other event is sort of agenda driven?
so this is like maybe the 3rd or 4th time i seen you mention something like this. so please elaborate. how is any event, let alone the normal toronto Nov event from KOTD (used to be flatline) have an agenda? what would that "agenda" be? kinda lost as to how you could even insinuate that a company that has had a semi-regular event in Nov for years, now has an agenda by putting on an event in Nov lol.
(kotdvol 3.5 - nov 8 2008
kotd vol 4 - nov 22, 2008
globetrotters - nov 5 2009
flatline 1 - nov 5 2011
flatline 2 - nov 17th 2012
flatline 3 - nov 22nd 2014)

if there was any possible hidden agenda - it would be a party for most of KOTD's staff since 5 of them have birthdays in Nov (thats why the Nov toronto events exist in the first place)

Last edited by King Fly; 10-15-2016 at 01:30 PM.
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #14
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
so this is like maybe the 3rd or 4th time i seen you mention something like this. so please elaborate. how is any event, let alone the normal toronto Nov event from KOTD (used to be flatline) have an agenda? what would that "agenda" be? kinda lost as to how you could even insinuate that a company that has had a semi-regular event in Nov for years, now has an agenda by putting on an event in Nov lol.
(kotdvol 3.5 - nov 8 2008
kotd vol 4 - nov 22, 2008
globetrotters - nov 5 2009
flatline 1 - nov 5 2011
flatline 2 - nov 17th 2012
flatline 3 - nov 22nd 2014)

if there was any possible hidden agenda - it would be a party for most of KOTD's staff since 5 of them have birthdays in Nov (thats why the Nov toronto events exist in the first place)
It's only the second time as far as I remember

I think you answered my question at the end, plus the fact that they have teams representing them.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #15
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

I mean you cannot act like the October event isn't being completely overshadowed right now promotion wise.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:45 PM   #16
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
well the Twilight style #teamganik vs #teamgully stuff is just a lot easier to promote concept-wise than the Bunker event. it doesn't really have a theme. i guess they could play up the Philly thing a bit more but that (a) probably isn't as exciting to most fans anyway and (b) you can't really make it a Philly vs. the West thing when your main event is E-Ness vs B Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #17
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 586 Post(s)
OrganikHipHop is not the worst person
Quote:
I mean you cannot act like the October event isn't being completely overshadowed right now promotion wise.
Its not at all. We have a method where we post 3 bunker posts, 3 GvsG posts. Go look at our instagram and you will see the method we follow for promoting multiple events at once.

Talkback has a bunker tile, our main facebook page has a bunker tile. The pinned posts on all our pages are for the bunker, so in reality, the bunker is getting a lot more promo then GvsG but the GvsG announcements trick yall due to the discussion

Obviously someone like Gully will be promoting that harder while obviously somoene like avo will be prooting the bunker harder.

As far as KOTD as a entity, we have a strict schedule we follow.

Last edited by OrganikHipHop; 10-15-2016 at 06:10 PM.
OrganikHipHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #18
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
Its not at all. We have a method where we post 3 bunker posts, 3 GvsG posts. Go look at our instagram and you will see the method we follow for promoting multiple events at once.

yall prolly feel this way cause the announcements for GvG are being announced and discussed more at the current time.

Obviously someone like Gully will be promoting that harder while obviously somoene like avo will be prooting the bunker harder.

As far as KOTD as a entity, we have a strict schedule we follow.
Thanks for the response dog

Glad to see you responding on here again to stuff

I think the thing is; is that because Gully represents the company as a whole from what I understand, pretty highly him posting only about the GvG event is odd...but it makes sense in some form. Not singling him out, just using him as an example.

edit:

It's just tough because it seems like the concern for most things are these announcements, while there could be a last minute huge push for sales on ppv/tix at the bunker.

Good luck w both events though.

Last edited by ledge; 10-15-2016 at 06:11 PM.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #19
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Thanks for the response dog

Glad to see you responding on here again to stuff

I think the thing is; is that because Gully represents the company as a whole from what I understand, pretty highly him posting only about the GvG event is odd...but it makes sense in some form. Not singling him out, just using him as an example.

edit:

It's just tough because it seems like the concern for most things are these announcements, while there could be a last minute huge push for sales on ppv/tix at the bunker.

Good luck w both events though.
Gully represents GZ. Thats his league. So obviously, an event where guys hes groomed getting big shots is gonna get his attention a little more. Not only that, we live in Toronto where were trying to sell tickets for an event. TheBunker is limited ticket access and more ppv based ( so yall should definitely support that )

He was mainly just focused on the detroit event he just threw on Oct 1st & has his own event on OCT.29 in Toronto holding a prove yourself tournament with some GZ battles. He also has events on Nov 12th, & Dec 9th.

& Thanks man, I'm always lurking! lolll

Last edited by OrganikHipHop; 10-15-2016 at 06:17 PM.
OrganikHipHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #20
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I don't see why KOTD doesn't relax on Gully vs Ganik for the next week and then push hard post Bunker. Pushing both at the same time is a way to dilute promotion for both events, as it puts the events against each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #21
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Both cards are stacked. Can't wait for Daylyt vs Gahakajshahak
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #22
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I don't see why KOTD doesn't relax on Gully vs Ganik for the next week and then push hard post Bunker. Pushing both at the same time is a way to dilute promotion for both events, as it puts the events against each other.
because the full card needs to be out before oct 29th since its nov 12th.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #23
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
because the full card needs to be out before oct 29th since its nov 12th.
Or else what happens? You end up pushing hard during the final 2 weeks, the most important for pronotion?
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 10-15-2016, 06:36 PM   #24
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

lets also not forget about 90-95% of talkback posts promoting GvG are from fans.
every video release from wd6(since bunker event was announced) - has a bunker ad on it - every time one has been posted from a KOTD page - it included a link to the bunker tickets and ppv. every extra content on fridays since bunker event has been announced has always had bunker links attached with it

so in reality the bunker is getting wayyyyy more promo than GvG - its just people are talking about GvG more because of the theme and the way the event is presented ("what side are you on?")
Old 10-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #25
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:

All our events full line ups come out a month before the event. This gives those who plan to travel good ample time to know what they are paying and traveling for. Both thes events are in seperate countries and 2 different markets.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #26
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Or else what happens? You end up pushing hard during the final 2 weeks, the most important for pronotion?
or you know, get the next announcements out of the way (like is planned) - then go hard on promo for the last week (which is the actual most important time for promo - along with a month out - two crucial times i can back up with numbers) and then switch back like is planned - you know do what we did for july bunker/wd as well as the april event and mass 2 or any two events that go back to back in months - where was the threads then?

It's the way we've been doing things for years, and its worked to get us to where it is now. i think were a little bit more 'seasoned" at this than yall. but thanks.

Last edited by ledge; 10-15-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:43 PM   #27
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
All our events full line ups come out a month before the event. This gives those who plan to travel good ample time to know what they are paying and traveling for. Both thes events are in seperate countries and 2 different markets.
Reasonable point, but why not get it out before the final week of promotion? You guys make most of your money off of PPV, so I don't see them as different markets. There were probably less than a few hundred people I saw at World Dom. I do appreciate the concern for travel, as someone flying to events on a semi-regular basis.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-15-2016, 06:43 PM   #28
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Gully vs. Organik just seems more fun to promote, honestly.
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #29
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
or you know, get the next announcements out of the way (like is planned) - then go hard on promo for the last week (which is the actual most important time for promo - along with a month out - two crucial times i can back up with numbers) and then switch back like is planned - you know do what we did for july bunker/wd as well as the april event and mass 2 or any two events that go back to back in months - where was the threads then?

Its the way we've been doing things for years, and its worked to get us to where it is now. i think were a little bit more 'seasoned" at this than yall. but thanks.
Why do you always have to take offense to shit and snap back?

Literally the least professional person in this, I've never treated you or anyone in your company with disrespect and have applauded all of your efforts to clarify stuff when asked here or elsewhere.

Always have to put people down...it's absurd.

Last edited by ledge; 10-15-2016 at 07:21 PM.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #30
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:

its the way we've been doing things for years, and its worked to get us to where it is now. i think were a little bit more 'seasoned" at this than yall. but thanks.
I mean, I'm glad you guys are pushing the final week. That's all I'm saying. And I don't know what you're talking about on the other thing...
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by ledge; 10-15-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #31
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Why do you always have to take offense to shit and snap back?

Literally the least professional person in this, I've never treated you or anyone in your company with disrespect and have applauded all of your efforts to clarify stuff when asked here or elsewhere.

Always have to put people down...it's absurd.
posting about hidden agendas and personal benefits and inflated egos isnt disrespect? im sorry im must have confused it then with some weird type of praise

Quote:
this still x1000000

inflated egos at work here

all about personal benefits and agendas over there

this bunker card is one of my favorite cards in a good while besides maybe mass2, it's a shame
Old 10-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #32
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Reasonable point, but why not get it out before the final week of promotion? You guys make most of your money off of PPV, so I don't see them as different markets. There were probably less than a few hundred people I saw at World Dom. I do appreciate the concern for travel, as someone flying to events on a semi-regular basis.
So u want us to not announce anything until the final week? Lol

..... Who would buy tickets to an inaugural event without knowing what they're paying for? Or allow people to make other plans for that weekend before we announce our event. No Offence man but ... Cmon lol.

Again, 2 different countries, 2 different cities, 2 different markets.

I think the other 38 events happening in Cali THAT week are more competition than an event in another country in another month.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #33
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
posting about hidden agendas and personal benefits and inflated egos isnt disrespect? im sorry im must have confused it then with some weird type of praise

And it was 'clarified' and I thanked the head of YOUR company for responding with full disclosure in a proper manner...?

You come in big dick swinging, because you are so 'seasoned', what a joke.

I've always given you the benefit of the doubt and if you think otherwise that's absurd.

Get off your high horse Troy.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #34
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:

..... Who would buy tickets to an inaugural event without knowing what they're paying for? Or allow people to make other plans for that weekend before we announce our event. No Offence man but ... Cmon lol.

I think the other 38 events happening in Cali THAT week are more competition than an event in another country in another month.
I think you misread what I wrote. I meant, why not have all the GvG announcements out before the final bunker week of promotion?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-15-2016, 07:02 PM   #35
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Don't mind Seanzo, that fascist hair cut goes to his head once in a while...

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #36
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
As someone who has been to a reasonable amount of KOTD events and comes from reasonably far, having things announced a fair bit in advance is pretty important.
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #37
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
Don't mind Seanzo, that fascist hair cut goes to his head once in a while...
If you'd like to see me act authoritative, respond about me again and see what happens.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #38
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
I think you misread what I wrote. I meant, why not have all the GvG announcements out before the final bunker week of promotion?
That's the plan!!
Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #39
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
And it was 'clarified' and I thanked the head of YOUR company for responding with full disclosure in a proper manner...?

You come in big dick swinging, because you are so 'seasoned', what a joke.

I've always given you the benefit of the doubt and if you think otherwise that's absurd.

Get off your high horse Troy.
except that quote was from a different thread where nobody responded to you with anything - was just you taking a shot at me after i post i made
and if ganik telling you there is a 3 and 3 posting pattern on IG is your definition of full disclosure, im not sure what more to even say to you.

have a great day sir.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:11 PM   #40
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
If you'd like to see me act authoritative, respond about me again and see what happens.
Its a combination of...

&

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
teamganik, teamgully