Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
Whats your 10 Favorite Films

Old 09-04-2015, 02:45 AM   #1
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Whats your 10 Favorite Films

Lets get some lists going. This thread will be for any of you movie lovers (like myself) to state your favorites and watch some when you're bored that you might not have seen yet. And also just discuss movies in general. Lets go

I got in no order, and it's impossible to pick 10 really but...

The Goodfellas: All time classic. Scorseses best.

Inglorious Basterds: Tarantino and Waltz man.

The Shawshank Redemption: Has to be in the top 10.

Minority Report: Just extremely entertaining and creative.

Inception: Possibly the best script of all time.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: So clever man. Movie hits deep about relationships.

Pulp Fiction: I'm a big Tarantino fan.

The Departed: No explanation. Scorsese and that cast.

Into the Wild: If you haven't seen this, watch it now. I'm surprised by the amount of people that haven't seen this movie.

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Throwing this as a whole in my last spot. Christopher Nolan is a top 5 Director of all time IMO
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
DJQuotes

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
DJQuotes is not the worst person
Dope fuckin list..there's a few I haven't seen, but the ones I have would be in my Top 10 too..I'll go with a different 10 just to keep the thread interesting....

Scarface
Braveheart
City of God
Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
The Usual Suspects
American History X
Rebound: The Legend of Earl The Goat Manigault
A Clockwork Orange
Reservoir Dogs
Friday
DJQuotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuotes View Post
Dope fuckin list..there's a few I haven't seen, but the ones I have would be in my Top 10 too..I'll go with a different 10 just to keep the thread interesting....

Scarface
Braveheart
City of God
Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
The Usual Suspects
American History X
Rebound: The Legend of Earl The Goat Manigault
A Clockwork Orange
Reservoir Dogs
Friday

Scarface and AHX were 2 that were hard to leave off. and DBAMTSCWDYJINT is one of the most quotable movies ever. Nice picks. Seen all but two and they're all great. I've been meaning to watch City of God forever. Heard great things and I've never seen Rebound. That's exactly why I made this so I can catch up on some good ones that I missed.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
Old 09-04-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
DJQuotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
Scarface and AHX were 2 that were hard to leave off. and DBAMTSCWDYJINT is one of the most quotable movies ever. Nice picks. Seen all but two and they're all great. I've been meaning to watch City of God forever. Heard great things and I've never seen Rebound. That's exactly why I made this so I can catch up on some good ones that I missed.
I feel you. I wanted to throw in some other personal favorites like Fight Club, Boogie Nights, Full Metal Jacket, Fargo, Misery, Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead, Half Baked, Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, etc., but couldn't list them over the others.

I randomly saw City of God with some chick when it was in the movies. Neither of us heard of it because there weren't any ads for it. When we saw it had subtitles, we were about to leave, but the cinematography immediately pulls you in and it ended up becoming one of my favorite movies of all time. Rebound was an old HBO original movie. Not sure how many people heard of it, but the story really hits home with me. If you like basketball, you'll really like it, but even if you don't, it's a great movie. This was before Don Cheadle was well known and he killed that role to the point that when I see him nowadays, I always think of him as The Goat. Both movies were based on true stories and definitely worth checking out.

Like you said, I'm gonna use this thread for recommendations if anyone else posts. From your list, I gotta see Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Into The Wild. I never heard of the last two and I've always heard great things about Inception. I'ma definitely check out all 3. The others on your list that I did see are all classics to me and some of my personal favorites too. Good looks. Looking forward to more recs from others after I catch these.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
favorite films

Happiness
Friday
Exorcist 3
Blue Valentine
Monster Squad

got to 5 before i felt like i was gonna force some.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
adding a couple that i like and aren't in this thread:

good will hunting
lucky number slevin
almost heroes (fav comedy)
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1459 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
(clear top 5)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Synecdoche, NY
American Beauty
Good Will Hunting
Almost Famous

(next 5 could be like a million)

Annie Hall
Short Term 12
The Spectacular Now
Requiem for a Dream
Boyhood

I'm sappy af
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii

Last edited by riffic; 09-04-2015 at 08:59 PM.
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #8
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
Blue Valentine
fuuuck that movie's heavy
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #9
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Shawshank redemption
Reservoir dogs
Pulp fiction
Inception
The matrix
Train spotting
Requiem for a dream
Full metal jacket
Taxi driver
Office space
First lord of the rings

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #10
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
The acting impressed me more than anything.... How about the dice man ? lol

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 09-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #11
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
bruh i was sittin one row back and 2 seats over from Michelle Williams at the premiere, that whole scene with them on the floor was so much more fucked with her in my peripheral.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #12
sikwidit

Quote:
(clear top 5)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Synecdoche, NY
American Beauty
Good Will Hunting
Almost Famous

(next 5 could be like a million)

Annie Hall
Short Term 12
The Spectacular Now
Requiem for a Dream
Boyhood

I'm sappy af
Man I was so disappointed in Boyhood after reading everything about it. Probably one of the biggest let downs from a movie I've had. I fuck with your others though. Good Will Hunting, Requiem, Annie Hall are all great. And Eternal Sunshine is possibly my personal favorite movie ever.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Yo I was thinking of blue jasmine my bad

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 09-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Edit: wrong movie

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 09-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #15
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
1. Oldboy

The original Korean version. You already know. There may as well never be another film made about vengeance ever again. I am an absolute sucker for a good soundtrack and well done long-take scenes. This is stuffed with both. So thankful that somewhere out there, someone thought to mix hammers, hallways, and trip hop. On a more personal note, if you're like me and have struggled with social anxiety, or have served time and are overwhelmed by the world you come back to when either of those things are over, Oh Dae-su may be the most relatable fictional character ever.

2. Dogtooth

A Greek film about influence. To put it lightly. A mother and father raise their three adult children in a secluded compound that the children have never ever left, where real words have different (and incorrect) meanings, and where they're told have a brother they never see living on the other side of the wall who was banished for misbehavior. An employee at their father's business brings supplies in exchange for sexual favors from the three of them, but gets greedy and careless...

3. Johnny Got His Gun

Metallica wrote 'One' about this story, and used clips from the film in their video for it. A horror of war most people forget in favor of the glory of it.

4. Baraka & Samsara

Two different films, from 1992 and 2011 respectively, but I'm gonna count them as one since it's the same concept and director. No dialogue. No characters. No plot. But a narrative all the same. Shot by a cinematographer named Ron Fricke on 70mm Todd-AO film all over the world over the course of years, about man's relationship with nature and eternity. This movie made me jump right back into photography and pick my camera up after having put it down for a long time, with a new taste for video, too. Pursuing a career in it now. The most gorgeous two films ever.

5. Highlander

Loved it since I was kid. So did my mother before me since my name was inspired by the lead character. I hear they're trying to remake it. Fuck that. Can't be done. Who's a better Kurgan than Clancy Brown? Who could do the soundtrack better than Queen? It's too good. Leave it alone.

6. The Big Lebowski

You just thought of like eight different quotes all at once didn't you.

7. Heat
8. Antichrist
9. Snatch
10. The Mothman Prophecies

An exercise in atmosphere. This is a hard one to explain, but, the mood of it.

Honorable mentions; The Game (David Fincher), Boogie Nights, Monty Python and The Meaning of Life, The Boxer, Grosse Pointe Blank, Jacob's Ladder, Full Metal Jacket, The Commitments, A Snake of June, Pulp Fiction,...fuck, a whole bunch of others. I love movies.

Last edited by Triptych; 09-05-2015 at 02:10 AM.
Triptych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #16
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
Man I was so disappointed in Boyhood after reading everything about it. Probably one of the biggest let downs from a movie I've had. I fuck with your others though. Good Will Hunting, Requiem, Annie Hall are all great. And Eternal Sunshine is possibly my personal favorite movie ever.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people be disappointed about Boyhood. I don't get it 'cause I thought it was really poignant and handled masterfully

Richard Linklater is my dude tho. Before Sunrise series is crazy good. And Tape is dope

ALSO just want to reiterate Short Term 12, if you like the movies you listed you'd probably love it:

Brie Larson goes offfffff
Quote:

Last edited by riffic; 09-04-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #17
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
bruh i was sittin one row back and 2 seats over from Michelle Williams at the premiere, that whole scene with them on the floor was so much more fucked with her in my peripheral.
wow that's crazy. idk how she could possiby watch herself in that movie and keep it together
Quote:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #18
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Yo I was thinking of blue jasmine my bad
I love that movie too

I saw it with my friend who's into theater and he noticed it was totally a spinoff of Streetcar Named Desire

that guy being Brando's character
Quote:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #19
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Stellaaaaaaaaa

STELLAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #20
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Stellaaaaaaaaa

STELLAAAAAAAAAAAA
Wait... You're friends with rosetti from boardwalk empire? He's a tremendous actor

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 09-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #21
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Quote:
Wait... You're friends with rosetti from boardwalk empire? He's a tremendous actor
Haha naw his character in Blue Jasmine is an adaptation of Brando's in Streetcar
Quote:
Old 09-04-2015, 10:30 PM   #22
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

You know what was a great science fiction movie... 12 monkeys

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 09-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #23
sikwidit

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people be disappointed about Boyhood. I don't get it 'cause I thought it was really poignant and handled masterfully

Richard Linklater is my dude tho. Before Sunrise series is crazy good. And Tape is dope

ALSO just want to reiterate Short Term 12, if you like the movies you listed you'd probably love it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8QxAYxNRgs

Brie Larson goes offfffff
Yeah Before Sunrise trilogy is amazing honestly. Kind of why I was surprised by my reaction to Boyhood. I just don't think Coltrane was good enough to carry the brunt of that movie.

But yeah short term 12 is definitely going on the watchlist.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #24
sikwidit

@riffic @DJQuotes Whats your guys top 5 of like the last 2 years or so? So we can get some more recent ones too.

I gotta go with

Interstellar: Like I alluded to in my OP. I think Christopher Nolan has hit a Home Run in every movie hes directed and Interstellar was Amazing to no surprise.

Wolf of Wall Street: In all reality Dicaprio is probably the best actor of this generation. Its ridiculous he's never won an Oscar. And Scorsese is the goat.

Whiplash: IMO should've won Best Picture last year.

Lone Survivor: Most under appreciated movie of last year.

Ex Machina: Was genius honestly. Went into it thinking it was gonna be an overrated scifi movie bit it was great.

Last edited by sikwidit; 09-04-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:29 AM   #25
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post

4. Baraka & Samsara

Two different films, from 1992 and 2011 respectively, but I'm gonna count them as one since it's the same concept and director. No dialogue. No characters. No plot. But a narrative all the same. Shot by a cinematographer named Ron Fricke on 70mm Todd-AO film all over the world over the course of years, about man's relationship with nature and eternity. This movie made me jump right back into photography and pick my camera up after having put it down for a long time, with a new taste for video, too. Pursuing a career in it now. The most gorgeous two films ever.
good fuckin call and repped for not mentionin The Fall which seems to be the more popular jjdd version
Old 09-05-2015, 02:31 AM   #26
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
Anchorman
- "Go fuck yourself San Diego

Shawshank Redemption
- Get busy living, or get busy dying"

Enter The Dragon
- "You have offended my family and you have offended Shaolin temple"

Pulp Fiction
- "I dare ya, I double dare ya motherfucker say what one last time"

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
- "You have my sword
And my bow
And my axe"

Friday
- "You got knocked the fuck out"

Boyz N The Hood
- "Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what goes on in the hood"

Menace To Society
- "Do you care whether you live or die
I don't know"

Straight Outta Compton
- "Eric, you're kind of being a ho right now"

The Dark Knight
- "You think you can steal from us and just walk away
Yeah"
Old 09-05-2015, 04:28 AM   #27
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Godfather:
"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."

Godfather 2:
"How do you say 'Banana Daiquiri?'. 'Banana Daiquiri."

Shawshank Redemption:
Get busy living, or get busy dyin

Predator:
You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?

Goonies:
HEEEEEEEEEEEY YOUUUUU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!!!

Malcolm X:
"That's your headache, captain. But if brother Johnson dies, I pity you."

There Will be Blood:
I. DRINK. YOUR. MILKSHAKE!

Scarface:
Que carne ni mas carne? ASI VIENE EL SANDWICH, MENG!"

Officespace:
"Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately. "I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob."

Terminator 2:
"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle."

Last edited by Serge T; 09-05-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:04 AM   #28
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

@sikwidit

Boyhood
Whiplash
Her
Guardians of the Galaxy
Birdman
Quote:
Old 09-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #29
DJQuotes

Quote:
@riffic @DJQuotes Whats your guys top 5 of like the last 2 years or so? So we can get some more recent ones too.

I gotta go with

Interstellar: Like I alluded to in my OP. I think Christopher Nolan has hit a Home Run in every movie hes directed and Interstellar was Amazing to no surprise.

Wolf of Wall Street: In all reality Dicaprio is probably the best actor of this generation. Its ridiculous he's never won an Oscar. And Scorsese is the goat.

Whiplash: IMO should've won Best Picture last year.

Lone Survivor: Most under appreciated movie of last year.

Ex Machina: Was genius honestly. Went into it thinking it was gonna be an overrated scifi movie bit it was great.
I honestly haven't seen much in the past 2 years, including all the ones you mentioned. I gotta lotta movies to catch up on...lol
Old 09-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #30
Frank_Dux
Fuck a Title

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Frank_Dux is not the worst person
too hard to pick just 10 but these ones are def in my top 25-30 all time (in no order)

blood in blood out
the breakfast club
scarface
Hard core logo
team america
the last mimzy
pulp fiction
snatch
juice
goodfellas
Frank_Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #31
Prelec
Battlerapper

Mentioned: 715 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Not sure if top 10 but one of the few movies I watched more than once is Coherence, really like that one
Old 09-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #32
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
good fuckin call and repped for not mentionin The Fall which seems to be the more popular jjdd version
lol this made me howl

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 10-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #33
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Just a few in no order.

This is England
City of God
Life Aquatic
A Clockwork Orange
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Shining
Fargo
Children of Men

Favorite comedy:
Death at a Funeral (not the blackxploitation one)
Old 10-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #34
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
Young Frankenstein
A Clockwork Orange
Once Upon A Time in the West
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Princess Bride
The Shining

Spirited Away
Enter The Dragon
Office Space
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie
The Matrix

Training Day
City Of God
Fight Club
Snatch
Memento
Rounders

There Will Be Blood
No Country For Old Men
Bronson
A Prophet
Children Of Men
Let The Right One In

Mud
The Raid
Seven Psychopaths
Cold In July
Nightcrawler
Birdman

fav series:

Kill Bill
Bourne 1-3
Batman: The Movie (1966), Batman (1989), Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #35
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

birdman was phenominal btw... saw that shit the other day

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Old 10-07-2015, 12:14 AM   #36
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
Quote:
birdman was phenominal btw... saw that shit the other day
def the best of my favorite recent films... and thats saying a lot (i watch a mainly new flicks)

movie was made for me. nah really it was made for michael keaton

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:16 AM   #37
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xthoroughb View Post
def the best of my favorite recent films... and thats saying a lot (i watch a mainly new flicks)

movie was made for me. nah really it was made for michael keaton

really hyped on The Revenant, using only natural light is a way better gimmick than a continuous shot.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:39 AM   #38
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dead Man Shoes
Pulp Fiction
Die Hard
The Big Lebowski
Burn After Reading
Tremors
This Is England
Alpha Papa
Training Day
Kidulthood

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:31 AM   #39
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 477 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
really hyped on The Revenant, using only natural light is a way better gimmick than a continuous shot.
Yeah, beyond stoked for that, just excited to see Innaritu and Lubezki collaborate again tbh.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:38 AM   #40
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 477 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
My list has probably changed somewhat since the last time I did one of these, but iirc it goes a little something like this:

Casablanca
The Sting
The Dark Knight
Pan's Labyrinth
Kill Bill 1/2
Whiplash
Moonrise Kingdom
City of God
Monsters
No Country For Old Men

Not including it due to its recency (still need to think about it and definitely need to see it again), but Sicario was brilliant and probably my favourite movie so far this year.