Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > Hall of Shame
Original Content Beards and Battles: KOTD and the Charron vs HFK Debacle

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 05:17 AM   #121
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Well, I think you should reconsider because you seem like a reasonable guy. Even though it was a funny inside joke, most people can't spot this fake outrage. And since you are the voice of rmbva and always go above and beyond for the culture and the KOTD brand you are going to be held to a higher standard. I think that you love KOTD so much that you really were outraged by how bad those guys repped on Canadian TV.. but instead of just saying that you went with a cryptic humor that didn't go over well. Have you talked with Travis? I'm sure he doesn't really think you are outraged but to cite Poe's law.. things on the internet will be taken out of context and literal and perception is reality. This situation should blow over soon when cooler heads prevail, but I think we can all agree that you are sorry that your message was taken the wrong way and you weren't trying to sabotage KOTD. All that said, KOTD cronies should give you some space to operate and talk to you directly... if I am understanding this correctly. I'm sure you feel like you got thrown under the bus here, but it is great that @ledge had your back in creating this unorthodoxly structured OP.. chin up buddy
strictly 4 my beardys
Old 02-16-2016, 05:22 AM   #122
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2895 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Well, I think you should reconsider because you seem like a reasonable guy. Even though it was a funny inside joke, most people can't spot this fake outrage. And since you are the voice of rmbva and always go above and beyond for the culture and the KOTD brand you are going to be held to a higher standard. I think that you love KOTD so much that you really were outraged by how bad those guys repped on Canadian TV.. but instead of just saying that you went with a cryptic humor that didn't go over well. Have you talked with Travis? I'm sure he doesn't really think you are outraged but to cite Poe's law.. things on the internet will be taken out of context and literal and perception is reality. This situation should blow over soon when cooler heads prevail, but I think we can all agree that you are sorry that your message was taken the wrong way and you weren't trying to sabotage KOTD. All that said, KOTD cronies should give you some space to operate and talk to you directly... if I am understanding this correctly. I'm sure you feel like you got thrown under the bus here, but it is great that @ledge had your back in creating this unorthodoxly structured OP.. chin up buddy
No, I think the OP says everything I felt and addresses all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 02-16-2016, 05:24 AM   #123
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
I'd like to thank Seanzo for acting as a scapegoat so I can not catch heat
Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 AM   #124
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
No, I think the OP says everything I felt and addresses all of this.
The OP says that your tweets are clearly sarcastic. They don't come across that way to everyone. Even though they do to you. Good luck mitigating the issue.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:34 AM   #125
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
The OP says that your tweets are clearly sarcastic. They don't come across that way to everyone. Even though they do to you. Good luck mitigating the issue.
Good job being really bad at reading and synthesising information.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 02-16-2016, 05:43 AM   #126
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Good job being really bad at reading and synthesising information.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:57 AM   #127
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I'd like to thank Seanzo for acting as a scapegoat so I can not catch heat

I feel the same exact way
Old 02-16-2016, 06:31 AM   #128
LOwLIFE
#InShabbaWeTrust

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
LOwLIFE is not the worst person
MAn up @Seanzo you're a fuckin idiot whos not-clear-at-all sarcasm snowballed into something bigger. KOTD sucks always has but Canada TV or whoever tf quoted your tweet. way to go dumbass
Old 02-16-2016, 06:34 AM   #129
LOwLIFE
#InShabbaWeTrust

I won’t list all of the work I’ve done for free with KOTD, or where I have helped out, but......

before live PPVs, I live tweeted events that I traveled to and paid to attend. For example, t BOLA5 I was the first person to tweet out the Diz punch (as well as the rest of the event); I also tweeted out Blackout 4 and BOTB6, spending hours at each event buried in my phone, wildly typing, giving the company free marketing. This was a thankless task, never even acknowledged by the league, yet even sarcasm posted about an embarrassing scene is worthy of reprimand.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #130
LOwLIFE
#InShabbaWeTrust

I Swear on god yal fuckin nerds over here
Old 02-16-2016, 06:47 AM   #131
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOwLIFE View Post
At least you read it, right?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #132
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Fuck hfk and charon both should be banned from battling for this bullshit

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #133
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
This might actually be the best thing hfk has done thus far. Thumbs up
Old 02-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #134
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOwLIFE View Post
and you certainly live up to your name being a low life piece of shit...

i think they didnt thank you for your useless task because they realized how huge of a faggot you are
Old 02-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #135
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
HFK
Charron
Seanzo
Organik
Ledge
CTV

Order of lameless from entire debacle.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #136
LOwLIFE
#InShabbaWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstix View Post
and you certainly live up to your name being a low life piece of shit...

i think they didnt thank you for your useless task because they realized how huge of a faggot you are

Old 02-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #137
LOwLIFE
#InShabbaWeTrust

Quote:
At least you read it, right?
Old 02-16-2016, 07:41 AM   #138
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
lol ORIGINAL CONTENT where i try and be important and act like my opinions matter

you said stupid and unfunny shit on a website twitter nobody really cares about and annoyed a guy who wears a baseball hat on TV, shut up
Old 02-16-2016, 07:42 AM   #139
irvsykeg

hfk called himself and charron savages LOL
Old 02-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #140
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
HFK
Charron
Seanzo
Organik
Ledge
CTV

Order of lameless from entire debacle.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Fuck yesss
Old 02-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #141
Sandy Eggo

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Sandy Eggo is not the worst person
Thread backfire?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #142
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
I really learned my lesson when it comes to how PC battle rap culture actually is beneath the jokes ....

I did my tirade of "racist " "jokes " on a forum and damn near got shunned ....

the battle rap community thinks they have thick skin but they really do not at all

I have no sympathy for the backlash Sean got ; but I do envy his position where he can post a harry potter Novel detracting none of it and simply saying it was all jokes & having the controversies be swept under the rug

--half of that being sarcasm and half of that being serious aside--.... yeah seans posts were clearly facetious ... hfk is indeed one of the worst ppl to represent any brand in the world aside from maybe "gay pranks to do to ur passed out friend LLC "

charrons goatee is stupid

and I'm out
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids

Last edited by ux9 u so fine; 02-16-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #143
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lol, kinda weird to think this got near enough a parallel reaction with the diz/math thing, and the daylyt/pesci ballgate got way less backlash (two times kotd arguably was at fault) - and tbh this was ***only*** Charron and HFK's fault for doin it.

Dunno why everyone's going at Seanzo. It's a damn tweet. Battle rap; where Cadalack Ron can talk about hanging a black guy but an admin on a forum cannot make one sarcastic tweet. Seriously, y'all need to lighten the fuck up and leave the hivemind before you feel embarrassed in three weeks about your own reactions.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #144
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
also ganik is a highly sensitive soul
Old 02-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #145
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
In Organik's defence, HFK and Charron might have been the best he could get given time constraints and location.
Tycoon Tax & Lavish Language are in Toronto tbf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #146
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i'm a calls it like i sees it...

lots of good and bad points made in the thread (the "when has the media ever been bad to hip hop?" winning all the prizes for worst point...maybe ever but I digress)

were the tweets "clearly sarcastic?" I mean...being the context of how I understand them, I thought so.......Organik also clearly understands the same context, so if he got salty its either cuz he was on edge due to whatever shit he was getting at the time.......OR he already has some stick up his buttocks about RMBVA....which I don't know nothin' about as this site is obviously overwhelmingly supportive of KOTD and battle rap in general....I mean...to question that you'd have to have a stick up your buttocks so far its tickling your brain stem....I dunno how you could do that without paralyzing yourself so lets rule that out...

but I mean.....its largely irrelevant...the scenario where this appearance would drum up a bunch of new support for KOTD is hard to imagine...even if it went swimmingly.....realistically I don't where the leagues think this large swath of potential battle rap fans that haven't already heard of battle rap are...they certainly aren't canadians who watch what I'm assuming is the equivalent of the today show or somethin' goofy...

the inability for the battle rap community at large to have much self awareness or look at themselves critically is what holds it back from....being slightly bigger I guess? Its not hitting mainstream. Its a niche art. It just is. People who care about rap lyrics period are a niche thing. You're narrowing it down even further with acapella battle rapz. .....but the whole "battle rap's almost mainstream!" malarkey thats been going on for like...3 years has always been insane...no self awareness man...its the same thinking that leads someone into believing that Diz's costume party had more than a 0.00001% chance of producing anything viral...haha.....

you craZy, battle rap. I can't kick ya, but I'm not well

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 02-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #147
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
nothing wrong with them tweets lol

seanzo is notoriously not funny but imo that was actually a good attempt for him but either way i mean u cud see their intention

i got a few friends that know i watch battle rap and kotd and they think im gay as fuck for doing so...shit like this makes me wonder if they are all that wrong sometimes
Old 02-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #148
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
@The Wrist remember their platform is youtube.. being youtube mainstream is not only achieveable but i thought they would have done that long ago

we should mass tweet ctv that even tho their moning show sucks dick, that doesn't mean its gay

Last edited by SpecialOh; 02-16-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #149
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
@The Wrist remember their platform is youtube.. being youtube mainstream is not only achieveable but i thought they would have done that long ago
if they weren't pitching an extremely niche product, sure

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 02-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #150
DonnaDaMom
LoM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
DonnaDaMom is not the worst person
KOTD lost that soccer-mom demographic.

Im outta here, peace.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #151
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
if they weren't pitching an extremely niche product, sure
this platform is for Niche stuff

i watch ppl who wake up in the morning n brush themselves filming their teeth and have 5 mil subs
(sorry for dislexia)
Old 02-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #152
SpecialOh

specialoh on that damage control as per usual

Last edited by SpecialOh; 02-16-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #153
SpecialOh

Old 02-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #154
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
this platform is for Niche stuff

i watch ppl who wake up in the morning n brush themselves filming their teeth and have 5 mil subs
(sorry for dislexia)
then what's holding battle rap back? is it the product or gross mismanagement by the folks in charge of it?

HUH?? HUH????

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 02-16-2016, 12:03 PM   #155
SpecialOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
then what's holding battle rap back? is it the product or gross mismanagement by the folks in charge of it?

HUH?? HUH????

battle rap is a huge thing on youtube just not when its presented shittily with little entertainment value

if battle rap is so "niche" how come a niche part of our niche sport is one of the most viewed channels overall..in the same category as taylor swift and justin bieber..more subbed than Vevo..higher than jimmy fallon and bruno mars. i mean 2 billion views and we cant get a slice of dat pie? sum1 fn up
Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 PM   #156
CBA

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
#HeelSeanzo
Old 02-16-2016, 12:52 PM   #157
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
battle rap is a huge thing on youtube just not when its presented shittily with little entertainment value

if battle rap is so "niche" how come a niche part of our niche sport is one of the most viewed channels overall..in the same category as taylor swift and justin bieber..more subbed than Vevo..higher than jimmy fallon and bruno mars. i mean 2 billion views and we cant get a slice of dat pie? sum1 fn up
what on earth are u blabbin about

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 02-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #158
irvsykeg

LOL @ battle rap being a sport
Old 02-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #159
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
LOL @ battle rap being a sport
for real it kills me. I've had an idea for one of my patented "battle rap not legend the wrist has somethin' to say" youtube videos that rake in 98 views for how annoying it is when someone calls it a sport for quite some time now and haven't bothered....maybe i should....!

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 02-16-2016, 01:36 PM   #160
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Considering Organik okayed HFK vs charron to rap about sucking each other off you would think he'd have more of a sense of humour about seanzo's comments , but yeah whoever said earlier about the 999 positive comments getting ignored and the 1 negative one is right completely that's just the way it just the way it is.....things will never be the same
Closed Thread

Tags
6000gp ignores wife on valentine's day, 6000gp wears bedazzled jeans, 8216, 8217, 8230, detour, heelseanzo, heelseanzo in da house, profess loves the cock, riffic is on an ultra light beam, riffic is the tallest, riffic's got sweet shoes