Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Battle KOTD - Iron Solomon vs Illmaculate | #WD7 (MERRY X-MAS)

View Poll Results: Who won?
Iron Solomon 5 15.63%
Illmaculate 27 84.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2017, 05:02 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD - Iron Solomon vs Illmaculate | #WD7 (MERRY X-MAS)

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:42 AM   #2
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
Damn that was an easy Illmac win, on first watch i'd say a 3-0

EDIT: FUCK I was drunk when I watched this and clicked Iron on the poll by mistake! If the mods can change it to Illmac please do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I was hungry after the event and had no idea where to go for food and strongly considered just following big t knowing he would lead me to the promised land

Last edited by Metazone; 12-26-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Metazone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #3
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2895 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Probably the best performance I’ve seen someone get 3-0d with. Illmac clearly won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Damn KOTD dropped that shit at midnight! Stay winning KOTD.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Iron loses 3-0 for trying to get tough with ilmac for no reason but doing nothing when ars slapped his hat off
Old 12-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Illmac with a crisp 3-0 no body battle was fire

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #7
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
Illmac with a crisp 3-0 no body battle was fire
Perfect summation.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
kinda sucks that whenever Illmac is on his A-game, his opponents aren't.

i predicted at least half of Iron's punchlines and he had nothing i can remember right now (except the "my son understands it already" rebuttle but i only remember that cause it was weird and terrible).

Illmac was super on-point though, especially the first was crazy. i think after this and JC he has really proven he deserves a top top tier opponent. set him up with Lux or rematch with Hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:38 PM   #9
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Damn illmac got the ill sack! Nh

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #10
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
This was a fire battle. I'm really surprised most youtube comments when I clicked were Iron 2-1

Illmac won 1st by landslide and was verse of the battle.

Iron kept talking about him being small/and the saurus which is so played out by now

I like Illmaculate calling him out for recycling and using writtens in scribble jam

iron rebuttal tho "yeah i was innovator of that shit" no iron using writtens/recycling in scribble was corny and always will be
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:07 PM   #11
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
lmfao "he pushed me too hard" i like iron but that was lame af, don't poke a dude and expect no reaction next time u poke greg he gonna throw him out a 4 story window onto a glass roof fuck up the way you talk and shit
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #12
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
lmfao "he pushed me too hard" i like iron but that was lame af, don't poke a dude and expect no reaction next time u poke greg he gonna throw him out a 4 story window onto a glass roof fuck up the way you talk and shit
he pushed me too hard

followed by 3 rounds about how hes small and timid
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #13
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
That “stomp on em bass pedal” line was fire ah, that would’ve shook the building on a big stage

This might be my favorite illmac performance, ever
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #14
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
ghost of christmas fagit visited Iron in the 1st

me and malathion making faces at one another through the screen throughout that whole bass pedal section - fucking great

I'm in the third, it's good but weird, this whole bitter guidance counsellor angle I'm not feeling

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 12-25-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: boss
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #15
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
On the PPV it looked like Illmac was kinda bullying Solomon with the push, but from this angle Illmac was smart. If he let Solomon grab his jacket and shake it, psychologically he was going to lose.

Fire battle though. Solomon was pretty much as good as good as he's been recently in the first two. I liked the midwife angle in the third, but it didn't really go anywhere.

Illmac was something else. He actually did what rappers did and broke down his opponent and wrote especially for him. I wasn't feeling Illmac's second so much (What will your son say about some random rap verse, who cares?!?), but he definitely got 1 and 3. The first 2 rounds are at least somewhat debatable though.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #16
Pavan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pavan is a PY Poster
Illmac's first verse is round of the year contender.
Angle is getting trumped rebuttal, personals, character break down, Jordan and base pedal schemes.

3-0 no body
Even if he pops scored.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan View Post
Even if he pops scored.
anyone else googling Disney OSTs ?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #18
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illmac with a very crispy W, Solomon with some okay material, but some strange angles and threads that didn't really go anywhere
Old 12-25-2017, 10:45 PM   #19
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"Grow up!"

"You quit Hip Hop."
Old 12-26-2017, 02:02 AM   #20
Pavan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pavan is a PY Poster
Second time watching this and I'm skipping Iron verses. I was expecting so much more from him.

Too many cliches like Saurus and height angles really hurts his performance in my eyes.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:36 AM   #21
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Illmaculate had a horrible gameplan for this battle. His first was good but he should have switched it up in the next two rounds. And he should have done more styling on Iron instead of "talking to" him.

Also, he explains all this stuff on the Watch battles but then it seems like he does them anyway, like when he needlessly inserted the word "honestly" just for the sake of rhyming, which is what he complains about with the word "just".

Critiquing only his rounds because that's all I care about. Not really an Iron fan.
GetPaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:56 AM   #22
iamHBY

Because Illmac came out to this at WD7.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #23
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Credit you don't deserve/predatory loan was slept on.
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #24
zonal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
zonal is not the worst person
If Iron Solomon vs Illmaculate came out in 2008-2011 it probably would have been a battle I would have watched over and over again.

In 2017 it was tedious, like all battles with well-known veterans and I don't care to pick a winner. This battle was another history lesson with critical analysis of issues going back 10 years to the moment of transition from freestyle to written battles. They really dive into this material and open up the field to a rich discourse. *rolls eyes*

Other than that this became the critical breakdown of eachother's moral character that so many battles are now that many of the rappers are 30-something fathers. When they're not getting serious on the issues it's the boring multi-meaning wordplay that every single rapper does now, where every multiple meaning is so obvious and it makes me miss the days when Iron vs Illmac would have been 3 60 minute rounds multi-syllable short vs jewish nerd jokes.
zonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #25
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
good post. i wish both guys had an agreement to just do generic battle shit so they didn't have to try and "expose" one another. illmac had more of that in here which made his verses fresher to me. i kinda hate the "IN YOUR LAST BATTLE" or "AGAINST XYZ YOU SAIIID.."

overall kind of a boring battle

i thought the shit about SO he gasps and then does a sigh of relief was funny. also iron saying greg is a super duper senior LOL
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:17 AM   #26
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
You can tell Iron was happy to finally battle someone shorter than him. The height jokes didnt really hit for me though because Iron legit looks like 1 or 2 inches taller than Illmac

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:29 AM   #27
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
You can tell Iron was happy to finally battle someone shorter than him. The height jokes didnt really hit for me though because Iron legit looks like 1 or 2 inches taller than Illmac
I don't know how to embed IG links or whatever, but I took this photo during the battle, and Iron's maybe 2 inches taller than Illmac.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdHOe3dl...aken-by=iamhby
Old 12-28-2017, 12:27 AM   #28
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #29
Chase Moore
VIP

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Chase Moore is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
even better, the illmac song that samples that LOL
Chase Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #30
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonal View Post
If Iron Solomon vs Illmaculate came out in 2008-2011 it probably would have been a battle I would have watched over and over again.

In 2017 it was tedious, like all battles with well-known veterans and I don't care to pick a winner. This battle was another history lesson with critical analysis of issues going back 10 years to the moment of transition from freestyle to written battles. They really dive into this material and open up the field to a rich discourse. *rolls eyes*

Other than that this became the critical breakdown of eachother's moral character that so many battles are now that many of the rappers are 30-something fathers. When they're not getting serious on the issues it's the boring multi-meaning wordplay that every single rapper does now, where every multiple meaning is so obvious and it makes me miss the days when Iron vs Illmac would have been 3 60 minute rounds multi-syllable short vs jewish nerd jokes.
this man is speaking the truth.
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #31
Water Mage

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonal View Post

Damn! Well said, totally agree... IMO the S.O.N.S style of wordplay is the only wordplay that is fun to listen to.. You could still do that degree of wordplay and the crowd could ride along with it and still have time to relax and have fun

now there is so much wordplay layered together and pressure packed into every bar that the crowd looks constipated and quiet trying to focus all their neurons on decoding the wordplay that nobody has time to react and have fun anymore... Its such a dreary and depressing sight.. Such a stagnated and corrupted form of what we see in the beginning of the written era of battling

I've been saying it for years.. the unhealthy obsession with virtuoso levels of lyricism and wordplay is unhealthy for battle rap as a whole

I gotta give a shout out to @illipsis because I feel like he does a great amount of silly wordplay that is clever enough that you can forgive the silliness and just enjoy and react to it..
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #32
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Kinda confused about the above posts. What wordplay was so dense and complex here? As far as Illmac goes this was a fairly straightforward battle of his...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #33
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazone View Post
Damn that was an easy Illmac win, on first watch i'd say a 3-0

EDIT: FUCK I was drunk when I watched this and clicked Iron on the poll by mistake! If the mods can change it to Illmac please do!
The amount of times that I do this while sober is ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:23 AM   #34
StankDaddy

StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyledStankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
So this is bringing to the forefront the fact that battle fans apparently want uncreative dick/racist/fat jokes and nothing of any actual substance. A Shame, but predictable.

Maybe stop trying to push battle rap into the mainstream if you're going to stick with that.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:46 AM   #35
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
illmac fucking dominated.
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #36
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
that easter island line was fire...

also there's no way 90% of the people that cheered got that Nice and Smooth line.....

but jesus Illmac...this was brutal....that "when he see's the word so" thing was so slept on...crowd is really weird as usual.....

i had a good time

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 AM   #37
track 1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
wow an illmac iron solomon battle only 2 pages
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #38
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by track 1 View Post
wow an illmac iron solomon battle only 2 pages
yea man times is hard

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM   #39
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
that easter island line was fire...

also there's no way 90% of the people that cheered got that Nice and Smooth line.
Yeah, lol.90% of TO-fans probably think Madchild invented hiphop and Charron is old school.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #40
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah, lol.90% of TO-fans probably think Madchild invented hiphop and Charron is old school.
This happened in LA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221, wd7