Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
In 2 days battle rap history will be made

Old 06-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #441
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Pen View Post
i had fun. Fuck all the other shit.. we had some good food & drinks, & had FUN at an event. If people don't like it, they don't have to watch the battles. I swear people on the outside take this shit more serious than the ppl actually involved!
welcome to the entertainment business guy... thats how it works 100% of the time... people take their entertainment seriously
WillyRockBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #442
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
I put an event together unlike anything seen before, put a battle together that many have tried (including drake) but no one was able to until yesterday (DNA vs clips and yes I know they are both hated on here).

Did I hype it a ton, fuck yes, I needed people to pay attention to something that I wasn't advertising, that was just going to happen.

We all had a blast, the battles came out great (I did better than I thought I would, shout out to yung spice rack) battle of the night goes to Rone vs Marv (wait until you see it, it's great) and just tried to do something different and bring some fun back to battles.

Now continue with the hate....
Serious question, why did you need people to pay attention?
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #443
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Serious question, why did you need people to pay attention?
This tbh. No PPV and no tickets were sold
Old 06-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #444
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I just don't get the whole "we had fun!" attitude. like, okaaay... good for you? why does that matter?
looool was about to type the same thing.

I believe it's because they are trying to frame this as RMBVA giving them negative feedback solely because they had fun, as that makes RMBVA look jealous and like haters, and the negativity can be disregarded.

As if 90% of the negative feedback can't be attributed to hyping up a few regular ass battles as something that would "break the internet".

Would have been much lower expectations and much better feedback if they just let people here find out about it on their own.
GetPaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #445
WillyRockBags

WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
looool was about to type the same thing.

I believe it's because they are trying to frame this as RMBVA giving them negative feedback solely because they had fun, as that makes RMBVA look jealous and like haters, and the negativity can be disregarded.

As if 90% of the negative feedback can't be attributed to hyping up a few regular ass battles as something that would "break the internet".

Would have been much lower expectations and much better feedback if they just let people here find out about it on their own.
lol right... its not like this was done for the fans... it was done for him personally... a rich kid thst just threw sum battlers some money and said "now come be my clowns (entertainers) at my birthday party)...

how u gonna pretend that it was anything for the fans
Old 06-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #446
King Koopa
gtfo my castle son

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
King Koopa is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I think all alcohol tastes like shit...I only drink it for the effects...and I refuse to believe people actually like the taste of any of it...if I want something that tastes good I'll drink an orange soda!!!
Lost all credibility as a person.

Get your girly umbrella-drink sipping ass the foh
King Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #447
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i was expecting a big name rapper or sum shit like that lol

dizaster and juice were talkin on twitter so thats wut i was expectin (not that that woulda been any better)

i aint mad tho i dont really give a fuck
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #448
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
All this really means is I won't give a fuck next time KOTD hypes a "big announcement". On side note, I wonder if Charlie did a "Guess which room I'm in".
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #449
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
working so hard to keep this whole event a secret was completely ruined by the "break the internet" claim.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #450
eapoe

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
eapoe is a PY Poster
Dont blame people tryna hype their things up when it's you being retarded. Yeah obviously an Eminem battle woulda been marketed this way, lol.

I for one appreciate this.
eapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #451
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapoe View Post
Dont blame people tryna hype their things up when it's you being retarded. Yeah obviously an Eminem battle woulda been marketed this way, lol.

I for one appreciate this.
and the dickriders have arrived... right on schedule lmfao
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #452
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRockBags View Post
and the dickriders have arrived... right on schedule lmfao
I normally skip over people calling others dickriders, but I'm having trouble anyone could honestly believe this even deserved to be labelled "marketing".

"2 DAYS. EVERYTHING CHANGES. A NEW ERA DAWNS."

"holy shit what's happening?!"

"lol same old"
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #453
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The idea that a market still as considerably niche as battle rap is will only suffer from the loose, desperate bandying of overly hyperbolic shite like this is ludicrous, of course.

That's it, battle rap. You're grounded. No calling new battles "classics" for 2 weeks. This is why we can have nice things, but not before being told that they are fucking amazing things.

Much better. Time to go get a spiritually-enriching, nootropic, eternally edifying glass of water (pre-announcement trailer-preview teaser coming soon).
Old 06-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #454
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
Lost all credibility as a person.

Get your girly umbrella-drink sipping ass the foh
Here's my credibility card...please burn it for me!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #455
J-Pro
Contributor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
J-Pro is not the worst person
Are some of you legitimately mad/upset or nah?
J-Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #456
Yagerbomb
FUCK

Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
So what actually happened???
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Yagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #457
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pro View Post
"I can't help being angry when I'm furious."

Nah, it's just scummy. Call a spade a spade noracial and move on. #CatchDickNotFeelings
Old 06-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #458
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I'm mad Luke got invited n not me
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #459
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
I feel like it would say a lot about a person if they were legit upset about this. And I mean it would say a lot about a person in a bad way.

I feel like there have been so many "big" announcements that to expect anything decent from them is pretty stupid. No mainstream rapper will ever battle rap because every single person behind them would tell them the truth...that it is horrible for business.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #460
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Battles need to be judged again this event was just a one off it don't count when I say battles should be judged again.

Also how much did this kid drop hhahaah
Old 06-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #461
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
15K views on this thread lmao

yall got excited!!!!!!!!!!!

dunno y some people mad.. just like idk y ppl were mad when i went door to door selling no soliciting signs
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #462
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Lol some of this thread was hilarious. Definitely see why people would be jarred though and saying "you don't have to watch the battles" yeah you don't but people were waiting on a big announcement that didn't exist, that's why they're annoyed, they feel like they were bullshitted into paying attention when they could of been arguing over who is less/more real out of Cee Major and Oshea, which is fair enough tbh.
I kinda feel sorry for this Nikiya guy though cause part of me feels like he was just so excited for this lil get together and now everyones shitting on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #463
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
It's not that people are legitimately mad the event happened in and of itself, they're bummed out by the expectation set. It'd be like if Hugh Hefner came to your door and was like 'get ready for some wild shit this weekend' and then Friday comes and he drops his great grandson off at your door and tells you to watch him for 2 days.

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #464
SpecialOh

lmfao
Old 06-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #465
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
It's not that people are legitimately mad the event happened in and of itself, they're bummed out by the expectation set. It'd be like if Hugh Hefner came to your door and was like 'get ready for some wild shit this weekend' and then Friday comes and he drops his great grandson off at your door and tells you to watch him for 2 days.
i'd watch the shit outta Hefner's great grandson no pedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:55 PM   #466
lennycooke

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
lennycooke is not the worst person
@st0ned .Respectfully, what reaction did you expect to this? Are you surprised that the consensus is that this was underwhelming?
lennycooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #467
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennycooke View Post
@st0ned .Respectfully, what reaction did you expect to this? Are you surprised that the consensus is that this was underwhelming?
DID you see caustic vs pass that just dropped ?

this nigga @st0ned and whoever else and whoever else has like TWENTY pages of "yea u lookin stupid right now "

leave the fucken dudes alone christ almighty ; it was funny for a while but now even IM annoyed .......
Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #468
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
500 posts of saying the same shit with mods included ; i get annoyed when i accidentally say the same word by accident in the same sentence accidentally but we got @KBomb and mdk etc in here pitching tents and starting campfires making this a god damn spectacle

we ........ get it
Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #469
SpecialOh

Quote:

he said history will be made, it was as all past is history and it happened in the past

so what ur upset the internet didn't fold in half?

a thread about an event we didn't even know was about an event is sitting at 15k views and dozens of pages of replies... success
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #470
SpecialOh

@Seanzo can u re-mod ux9 i feel like his mental health has greatly deteriorated from the PTSD of being fired
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #471
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
@Seanzo can u re-mod ux9 i feel like his mental health has greatly deteriorated from the PTSD of being fired
LOL .... lately special u been on your shit ; really up there quality shit

idk what u were doing before that but i get excited to see u recently posted in a thread now
Old 06-08-2015, 12:04 AM   #472
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

but yea at least give a racist a gold name man

thats all i need to validate my existence

these ppl got gold name severance packages and im out here slumming it with these green scum bags

just cuz im a fucken racist !!

imagine that , honestly
Old 06-08-2015, 12:26 AM   #473
WillyRockBags

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
but yea at least give a racist a gold name man

thats all i need to validate my existence

these ppl got gold name severance packages and im out here slumming it with these green scum bags

just cuz im a fucken racist !!

imagine that , honestly
ahhh... so thats why u got demoted... being a racist... but that was known before u even became a mod... u've always been on sum...

"i hat them b magic, loaded lux, calicoe, tsu surf n!ggers... theyre black as hell! Ill pass! give me a white battler like bigg k... i fuckin luv him dude!"

typa shit... weve always known u were racist lmfao
Old 06-08-2015, 12:30 AM   #474
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRockBags View Post
ahhh... so thats why u got demoted... being a racist... but that was known before u even became a mod... u've always been on sum...

"i hat them b magic, loaded lux, calicoe, tsu surf n!ggers... theyre black as hell! Ill pass! give me a white battler like bigg k... i fuckin luv him dude!"

typa shit... weve always known u were racist lmfao
lol i was pushing bmagic before u lmao .... u were still on the verb and holla and ill shit ..................

and YES ... i am ashamed that i remember your battle ram forum persona's agenda from back then

i love cal and surf side note

salute willy
Old 06-08-2015, 12:33 AM   #475
Lizman

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
What the fuck is juice
Nice.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:04 AM   #476
lennycooke

Quote:
he said history will be made, it was as all past is history and it happened in the past

so what ur upset the internet didn't fold in half?

a thread about an event we didn't even know was about an event is sitting at 15k views and dozens of pages of replies... success
Im not upset...i dont care enough about vattletap to be upset.i was just curious.im not emotional about this.this is entertainment.i went damn near a year without watching a battle or coming to this site.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #477
SpecialOh

Quote:
Im not upset...i dont care enough about vattletap to be upset.i was just curious.im not emotional about this.this is entertainment.i went damn near a year without watching a battle or coming to this site.
oh i see... its all about lenny
Old 06-08-2015, 01:09 AM   #478
lennycooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
DID you see caustic vs pass that just dropped ?

this nigga @st0ned and whoever else and whoever else has like TWENTY pages of "yea u lookin stupid right now "

leave the fucken dudes alone christ almighty ; it was funny for a while but now even IM annoyed .......
I watched it..i mean i wasnt impressed, i dont think it was above average,and i think that caustic is trash.but i was genuinely asking.i wasnt trying to take shots at him.i honestly dont care enough about battlerap to be upset with him.although i would recommend to him to stop overhyping and underdelivering.this is just entertainment to me.

Last edited by lennycooke; 06-08-2015 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:09 AM   #479
SpecialOh

if this guy says I one more time he getting boondocked up in this balcony
Old 06-08-2015, 01:14 AM   #480
lennycooke

Quote:
oh i see... its all about lenny
I dont follow whyy you said that....but i ts definitely not all about me..i would actually recommend them not trying to specificaly appeal to me, because i dont care enough about battlerap to attend events or spend money.i actually think that a lot of the guys u guys think are good are garbage..but it was a consensus opinon that this was underwhelming, and he shud pay attention to that.

Tags
55357, 56613, 56834, 8207, backtobasements, backtothelivingroom, blackout6inbasements, catchdicknotfeelings, grape drink vs franco confirmed, hitchslap aims tiny dick with chopsticks, hitchslap begs for attention, hitchslap carves diz's name on dick, hitchslap continues faggotry, hitchslap dissapoints parents, hitchslap eats 2 kittens per diz video, illusion-z vs lyraflip confirmed, kotd, makin, solomon vs jared from subway confirmed, tevez vs supernat confirmed