Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
NOME 8 Recap/thoughts

Old 06-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
NOME 8 Recap/thoughts

OK I had a interesting experience wit dis PPV as I usually prepare appropriately wit mood-setting substances for my battle viewing enjoyment but I was running around due to my father visiting from out of state, so I may update a couple of these after a proper watch but anyway

Loso vs Skotty was good, it was closer than everybody is trying to make out;I think they both had good showings but Loso may have edged every round
his first was extra fire

I missed DNA vs JC (somewhat on purpose)

Twork vs Suge was a great battle, super aggressive. Its funny how almost everybody "gets physical" wit Suge now but this was OHDEE. Suge didn't seem to mind much.
Suge just doesn't rap long enough and Twork goes the fuck in. Yea yea he was "BOW!"ing somethin crazy but Twork is a fuckin problem idc what nobody says
Twork won , possibly 30.

Brizz vs Clips:such a terrible battle
Idk what has happened to Brizz but not a nare one of his shits was landing last night-just aggression and played ass concepts
And speaking of fuckin played, I mean absolutely washed-you've got Clips
Ahh remember when he went and did a bunch of lowkey battles last year that he so-called won and people said Clips is back?-yea well hes back alright, he is ASSS per usual
Battle was so bad that Clips was super trash but still somehow clearly won the first and third

Roc vs Goodz: Another aggressive battle-no physicality but Goodz was surprisingly turnt in the 2nd and 3rd.
Roc spazzed crazy and Goodz had his lightest round in the first(altho still nice.) It seemed after the first as if Roc was gon walk through him but Goodz took the cue that just swag wasn't gon get it and he really revved up (Goodz went first)
2nd:Goodz went crazy (really crazy) and Roc did not so much and actually caught some booing in this round.
3rd: Goodz had another nice round, and Roc was cool but again caught some boos.
1st-Roc clear, 2nd-Goodz clear, the third is up for debate, I suppose, but I had Goodz takin this.
It was a decent battle: Roc had some interesting word association shit (funny imo) "ferragamo"-"it ain't fair I got mo bars than you" and other shit like this.*shrug
I really liked Goodz here

Ill Will vs TTop: Idk what Brizz and Top were drinking on the way to Houston but it took their power from them. A 75% charged Will BODIED TTop. Theres no other way to put it. There were times when Top would be all into his angle and have himself all excited, performing it, like "yeah and ah haha", wit the head nod expectin everyone to be feelin it, and ..the room would be straight crickets. This happened all 3 rounds, and Will was dope wit the crowd all into his shit- shit was ugly.

Surf vs Nitty: Nitty goes first with a nice regular Nitty round -very solid but had a couple stumbles; Surf came out on fire, very explosive-Surf clearly wins the 1st
2nd: Nitty has a fire round but it just seems a bit subdued and like hes tryna swag out a bit-its enjoyable but worrysome from a competitive standpoint. Surf came wit the same explosive energy he had in the first but I'm just not a fan of played regular schemes and that is ALL he did this round: came out wit an X-men scheme that was decent and acceptable, I guess, but then went on to do a terrible mall store scheme "I wouldn't give J.C. pennys...he may see...etc." but performed it all A+
3rd: Nitty had another cool but beatable round, Surf spit like 12 bars and then..Jersey
Nitty 2-1 to me, it obviously comes down to the 2nd tho

Overall, it was a cool event; the battles were what they were and the announcements were nice added hype. They gave two fucks bout Reed and rex tho haha but were extremely hype for the Hoollow vs JJDD announcement. Hollow and JJ were both in the building and did a face-off that led to acting like they was about to do the battle which turned out to be fake which pissed the crowd off somethin fierce.
Houston definitely was not wit the bullshit; they boo'd damnear everybody after a while. Some was deserved, some not.
6.75/10

Last edited by Neanderthol; 06-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Good recap.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
funny how roc mentioned being aware of his 2nd round being the one where he turns up and it was his worst round of the battle.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #4
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
@Neanderthol

thanks for the recap

& agreed Twork is an animal. make sure you see his entire catalogue of less than 10k view battles before he hit the URL, some serious gems
Old 06-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #5
steveelite

steveelite has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
@Neanderthol

thanks for the recap

& agreed Twork is an animal. make sure you see his entire catalogue of less than 10k view battles before he hit the URL, some serious gems
Twork fucking sucks dude. What kind of drugs are you on? Hes really hard to watch.
steveelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:10 PM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Anyone got a take on JC vs DNA? Would love to hear how that one went. Super weird matchup!
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:08 PM   #7
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Anyone got a take on JC vs DNA? Would love to hear how that one went. Super weird matchup!
Reading a bunch of NOME8 tweets from fans and critics alike general consensus was JC with a very clear 2-1 with DNA’s first round being the best round of the entire battle.

Saw the Ness Lee/Drect recap as well and yeah a much needed victory for JC.

JC off to a slow start with multiple pauses in his first round finally stole the crowd back (and apparently snatched champagne bottle) from DNA to finish out his second and third.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #8
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Twork fucking sucks dude. What kind of drugs are you on? Hes really hard to watch.
you might like his pre-URL work better
Old 06-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhotazice View Post
Reading a bunch of NOME8 tweets from fans and critics alike general consensus was JC with a very clear 2-1 with DNA’s first round being the best round of the entire battle.

Saw the Ness Lee/Drect recap as well and yeah a much needed victory for JC.

JC off to a slow start with multiple pauses in his first round finally stole the crowd back (and apparently snatched champagne bottle) from DNA to finish out his second and third.
Good to hear. JC went from potentially battling Lux to me genuinely wondering if DNA would body him, lol.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #10
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Damned good recap. So, do folks think the Houston event experiment was worth it?

"Either everything is working, or you're working for everything." -Edo G (from 'Sayin' Something')
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:55 PM   #11
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Only have seen Loso vs. Scotty and Rum Nitty vs. Tsu Surf so far, pretty much the same way I have it. I wish Surf didn't spend so much time doing word association during the battle, there were a few times where he did have some solid material specifically pertaining to Nitty. Sidebar, the Pleasantville and half pipe bars should've gotten more reaction than they did IMO, those were really good.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote