Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Can KOTD put someone else in charge of FC before it dies again?

Old 12-29-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Can KOTD put someone else in charge of FC before it dies again?

lush just isnt fit to run a league tbh.

he should be an ambassador, figurehead, whatever...he certainly has a place in the culture and the potential to do positive things for it (which he has already) but the guy should not be involved whatsoever in contracts or money.

the guy probably didn't even bother reading whatever it was that he signed with alki, all he heard in his head was "i get to be the guy that brought cassidy back" and he puts pen to paper.

we gonna forget the canibus shit so quickly? how he did the exact same thing and if it wasn't for ganik sending avi down to cleanup the mess they woulda been like 100k in the hole for canibus? which is probably with KOTD distanced themselves from this shit.

guys too caught up chasing fame and wanting to be the guy that makes battle rap huge. don't get me wrong, you need that shit...but first and foremost you're running a fucking business.

exact same logic applies to how grind time west originally fell off and there was tons of outstanding debts...too concerned with trying to put together "the" card then actually worrying about how you're gonna make it happen financially.

sigh.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
I say let the FRESH COAST just do their own thing...

KOTD should forget about it...
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #3
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I'm bisexual.
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #4
Im Technical

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Im Technical is not the worst person
Lush is directly connected to every major financial fuck up in battle rap and yet some people still give him a pass. Shits ridiculous. Lush was shouting his mouth off like he brought battle rap to the mainstream and gave battlers the big money they deserved and then wants to cry and blame everyone else when he went way over budget. Seems like a familiar situation...

Most of the people over on the west coast bar avo seem to be completely retarded so i dont know who they would get to run shit out there.
Im Technical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:14 AM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Technical View Post
Lush is directly connected to every major financial fuck up in battle rap and yet some people still give him a pass. Shits ridiculous. Lush was shouting his mouth off like he brought battle rap to the mainstream and gave battlers the big money they deserved and then wants to cry and blame everyone else when he went way over budget. Seems like a familiar situation...

Most of the people over on the west coast bar avo seem to be completely retarded so i dont know who they would get to run shit out there.
i unno man give it to like kap or poison pen or something. both of them seem to just be lyin low not really doing a whole lot in the scene right now. both proven capable.

i was gonna say just give it to eurgh for df usa but diz spit in his face and eurgh seems pretty shaky with paying people too.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:20 AM   #6
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
the guy probably didn't even bother reading whatever it was that he signed with alki, all he heard in his head was "i get to be the guy that brought cassidy back" and he puts pen to paper.
Doesn't matter what he signed. He now understands that when dealing with a billionaire, he is only as good as his word. Lush could score a ten million dollar contract signed by Alki David in blood, and Alki could assemble a legal team that would decimate it.

Lush got played like a chump. From what I read from Alki, and hear from Lush... it almost seems like he enjoys seeing Lush squirm.
slo_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
KOTD is Organik's full time job. You'd think he could throw his own events in the US where ever the fuck he feels like. New York, Orlando, Oakland, Chicago..just put the KOTD brand on it and do your thing.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:17 AM   #8
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_mo View Post
Doesn't matter what he signed. He now understands that when dealing with a billionaire, he is only as good as his word. Lush could score a ten million dollar contract signed by Alki David in blood, and Alki could assemble a legal team that would decimate it.

Lush got played like a chump. From what I read from Alki, and hear from Lush... it almost seems like he enjoys seeing Lush squirm.
not refuting you just wondering what you heard/read

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:24 AM   #9
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Organik should get someone like Poison Pen to run the US side of things. Atleast he knows what the fuck hes doing!
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #10
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wreckedangle is not the worst person
organik should take this boards advice when it comes to financial matters, seems like great business sense to listen to a bunch of pimple faced nerds who flip burgers and live with their parents
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #11
Battlehogg

Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedangle View Post
organik should take this boards advice when it comes to financial matters, seems like great business sense to listen to a bunch of pimple faced nerds who flip burgers and live with their parents
Shut up faggot

Poison Pen, Big Kannon, Sonny Bamboo just to name a few would all do a far better job than Lush
Old 12-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #12
Sandy Eggo

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Sandy Eggo is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
Shut up faggot

Poison Pen, Big Kannon, Sonny Bamboo just to name a few would all do a far better job than Lush
Good comeback
Sandy Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #13
Battlehogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Good comeback
Not even a comeback idiot.
Read the title of the thread!
All those guys would do a far better job than Lush no?
Old 12-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #14
bustergoodtimes

bustergoodtimes is a PY Poster
Kap kallous >>>>
bustergoodtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:21 AM   #15
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Fresh coast is falling off, it will never be the same
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:22 AM   #16
Sandy Eggo

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Sandy Eggo is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
Not even a comeback idiot.
Read the title of the thread!
All those guys would do a far better job than Lush no?
Your dumb ass opinion in any business matter means shit please stfu
Sandy Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #17
Wickedness

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wickedness has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlehogg View Post
organik should get someone like poison pen to run the us side of things. Atleast he knows what the fuck hes doing!
this!!!!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 AM   #18
David Deas

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
David Deas is a PY Poster
Quote:

You obviously have never conducted business on any significant level. The idea that you can lawyer your way out of anything is completely false.
David Deas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #19
Absyrd
Contributor

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Absyrd is a PY Poster
anyone ever look at how they tryed to blame me for shit i didnt even do!

real talk not saying i never had faults but this is real as fuck right now is anything really true

www.AssaultandBattling.com peep that Dot vs Billy Bars
Absyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #20
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Sandy vagina in here taking L's again and not contributing anything.

Agreed with OP. Lush has done enough damage and KOTD needs to distance themselves from a drug addict/liar.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #21
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absyrd View Post

real talk not saying i never had faults but this is real as fuck right now is anything really true

www.AssaultandBattling.com peep that Dot vs Billy Bars

nice try
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #22
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
I hate to say it cuz i actually really like lush but he dont seem to be cut out for this shit.
Not when it's real money involved and big events.
He needs to be in the scene tho, but if they gonna try to make those big LA events maybe organik and the toronto team should try to be more involved.
ToddMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #23
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Deas View Post
You obviously have never conducted business on any significant level. The idea that you can lawyer your way out of anything is completely false.
Billionaire vs small company?
You can just make everything drag on until the small company is bankrupt
At least in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustergoodtimes View Post
Kap kallous >>>>
YO ITS THE KAP MAN LEGENDARY RAP MAN
*more views instantly*
I was actually kinda hoping he'd battle at BO5
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #24
r3flex

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r3flex is not the worst person
It's funny because all these guys put in charge are drug addicts who think they understand how business works because they've sold drugs before. Welcome to the real world.
r3flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #25
aeroseth

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
aeroseth is not the worst person
Kap's from the far side of east coast tho. so the best choice for now is Poison Pen but doesnt he have the same status as lush in terms of businesses behind the scene? and wasnt he in the same predicament before too?
Old 12-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #26
Im Technical

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Im Technical is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3flex View Post
It's funny because all these guys put in charge are drug addicts who think they understand how business works because they've sold drugs before. Welcome to the real world.
Lush is a customer
Im Technical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
InsertBigTGunSound
BLOCKA BLU BLOCKA

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
InsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time AustraliaInsertBigTGunSound is better than Grind Time Australia
KOTD should just have Lush as a entry into the Fresh Coast and keep it that way. He's done alot of good but that doesn't negate the negative as well.

KOTD needs to team up with SpitDatHeat and Poison Pen.

They would be unstoppable with that team.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #28
David Deas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Billionaire vs small company?
You can just make everything drag on until the small company is bankrupt
At least in Europe
Thats a common strategy for forcing a more favorable settlement from a position of disadvantage. But not for actually winning the case. Since thats such a common strategy, there are ways around that if you're a small company.

If you're a large company at a clear legal disadvantage, you'll have to explain to your boss why you let a $250,000 case ballon to $2.5 million dollars in settlement and legal fees instead of just paying the $250,000. People who do stuff like that get fired.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #29
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:
You obviously don't know who you're talking to. I've owned my own commercial construction business since the age of 17. While there is a much more strict code of honor when dealing commercially in Texas, sadly, I am no stranger to the court room either.

I never said you could lawyer your way out of anything. But if you think if someone like Lush has a fighting chance in court with a billionaire, you're a buffoon.

I could cite you cases that would make you vomit of money prevailing due to a high powered legal team dismantling a contract with interpretation, and semantics.

Besides, a billionaire such as Alki gives two shits about losing a low tier civil lawsuit in court. He'd likely focus his team on exceeding the plaintiff's court expenses to that of the settlement to hit them where it hurts.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #30
Battlehogg

Quote:
You obviously don't know who you're talking to. I've owned my own commercial construction business since the age of 17. While there is a much more strict code of honor when dealing commercially in Texas, sadly, I am no stranger to the court room either.

I never said you could lawyer your way out of anything. But if you think if someone like Lush has a fighting chance in court with a billionaire, you're a buffoon.

I could cite you cases that would make you vomit of money prevailing due to a high powered legal team dismantling a contract with interpretation, and semantics.

Besides, a billionaire such as Alki gives two shits about losing a low tier civil lawsuit in court. He'd likely focus his team on exceeding the plaintiff's court expenses to that of the settlement to hit them where it hurts.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #31
David Deas

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_mo
I predicted you would say something like that.

Quote:
I don't. But that has nothing to do with the fact that he's facing a billionaire. It has everything to do with the fact that Lush is a scatter brained coke head with no legal case.

Quote:
I sincerely doubt you could surprise me. In fact, based on my experience, I'm virtually positive you could not.

This is why contract negotiations are so important.

Quote:
You're right. He would probably care more about the PR than the money. Just settle.

But look. If we're talking larger sums of money he'd likely settle if he is at high risk of ultimately being ruled against. If the settlement offer is too high then he will likely continue to fight until the cost benefit analysis no longer makes sense (IOW, until the settlement offer comes down).

Thats how it usually works unless the person being sued is very angry or emotional. Then he might drag the whole thing out and end up paying more than what he had to simply because he's stubborn.

But to pretend that small entities never successfully fight against larger entities in court is going too far.

Last edited by David Deas; 12-29-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #32
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
I respect Lush, but to be honest with you... can't really stand his demeanor. His dressing style is like somebody threw a grenade in a 1998 hip hop fan's closet, and post-explosion, he just randomly grabs shit out of there and puts it on, with zero color coordination in mind.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #33
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:
I predicted you would say something like that.
Are you implying that I'm a liar?

Quote:
I don't. But that has nothing to do with the fact that he's facing a billionaire. It has everything to do with the fact that Lush is a scatter brained coke head with no legal case.
A legal case? No. Lush had to agree to Alki's T&C whether he liked it, or not. Down to brass tax... Lush was made an employee, dubbed title "Urban Management" or some shit. To assume Lush would be in a partnership type role is foolish in it's own right.

Quote:
I sincerely doubt you could surprise me. In fact, based on my experience, I'm virtually positive you could not.

This is why contract negotiations are so important.
Then how are you so oblivious to standard corporate contract manipulation tactics? Lush's only option was to go with the flow, period. The most likely scenario here, is Lush signed a contract which allowed Alki to pull out as his discretion, as a cautionary measure.

Quote:
You're right. He would probably care more about the PR than the money. Just settle.

But look. If we're talking larger sums of money he'd likely settle if he is at high risk of ultimately being ruled against. If the settlement offer is too high then he will likely continue to fight until the cost benefit analysis no longer makes sense (IOW, until the settlement offer comes down).

Thats how it usually works unless the person being sued is very angry or emotional. Then he might drag the whole thing out and end up paying more than what he had to simply because he's stubborn.

But to pretend that small entities never successfully fight against larger entities in court is going too far.
Let's talk about larger sums of money. What is a large sum of money to someone who could comfortably take out a bevy of Superbowl ads, and not notice it in their bank account? This is not someone who is weighing the pros & cons of potentially settling in court. He's going to do what's convenient for him. If he's due in court on X date, and decides he'd rather have lunch at the International Space Station, then sure.

This is someone who has a legal team capable of holding their own against NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX in court, as he proved. He undoubtably has a team looking out for his best interest in ANY venture he may explore both financially, and contractually. Which is essentially what happened in Lush's case... his associates had some bad things to say about Lush, and Alki removed himself. (At least per Lush's word via AF interview)

Alki David loves playing the villain. He loves pranking people. He films himself on business calls fucking with people. I hardly doubt he is fueled by government issued fiat dollars.

Quit putting words into my mouth. Who here said a smaller entity cannot defeat a larger one? But when the wealth discrepancy is so massive between the sides, you'd be a damn fool to back the smaller funded side in a civil lawsuit regarding finances, and contractual agreements. Especially when said side has a wealth so vast, it hones specialists in their corner who are the very best in the world at attacking particular facets of the law. Someone like that will have had just as stellar legal representation when drawing up, and signing the contracts.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #34
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

wreckedangle is not the worst person
fyi, this thread is still going
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #35
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD FC as a team with lush aspect and organik was doing great... botb6, bola5, vendetta 2 were dope ass events

lush just shouldnt run things on his own especially not an event as big as ether
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #36
Absyrd
Contributor

Absyrd is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

nice try
LMAO

im just saying wat folks had been saying for a bit now
Old 12-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #37
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
Quote:

them cats did play you tho. you were the only one putting on events in southern cali when grindtime was falling off. some of these fresh coast cats really got their start in assault & battling then hopped on kotd's dick lol
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:56 AM   #38
Absyrd
Contributor

Absyrd is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVTTERBRVIN View Post
them cats did play you tho. you were the only one putting on events in southern cali when grindtime was falling off. some of these fresh coast cats really got their start in assault & battling then hopped on kotd's dick lol
my dude! we out in NY and New Orleans now too starting up in the mid west next year in april alot going on my dude lets build soon brotha! thanks

illwithwords@outlook.com

LARIOTs tho were
Old 12-30-2014, 03:37 AM   #39
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
my dude! we out in NY and New Orleans now too starting up in the mid west next year in april alot going on my dude lets build soon brotha! thanks

illwithwords@outlook.com

LARIOTs tho were

he said @outlook.com tho
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:41 AM   #40
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Brad and casual battle league IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk