Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Honest opinions on the John John da Don vs. Cortez Doc?

Old 12-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
1Roadtotheriches.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
1Roadtotheriches.com is a PY Poster
Cool Honest opinions on the John John da Don vs. Cortez Doc?

Whats going on battle rap nation. Im really new to this forum, but we want to provide the world with better docs and better visuals for the battle rap culture. We just did a doc for the URL JJDD vs Cortez battle. I just want honest feedback. We do this shit for the sport, we do this for yall.

Was it
Or Was it

Thanks!!

Last edited by uuuununnn; 12-13-2013 at 01:12 AM.
1Roadtotheriches.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Well let's see....

bout to check this shit out.

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
1Roadtotheriches.com

I appreciate that bruh
Old 12-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
M16handz
:romneylol:

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
M16handz is a PY Poster
Won't watch
M16handz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
since83
Stay focused

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
since83 is a PY Poster
Wont watch two bum ass niggas. I refuse.
This is the internet, where we separate the lamb from the killers So if you don't wanna see the ass of a n*gga A pic of a man on the shitter Or a dude abusing an animal litter BITCH STOP WATCHING CALICOE'S TWITTER-
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vapehop
"he literally 3-0'd tech in the 1st and then blessed us with 2 rounds of street poetry that would make saul williams curl up and die inside erykah badu's deep pussy. "
since83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #6
1Roadtotheriches.com

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by since83 View Post
Wont watch two bum ass niggas. I refuse.
Hey, I did ask for honest opinions lmao Why do u call them bums tho? They're good dudes with bars & solid resumes, right? Who do u consider good?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #7
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
jjdd vs cortez ? please god no ........ ugh , these are dudes on the grind , they have no artistic integrity , its purely making checks and locking in as many battles as possble to get their scribblerZ .....

how about clips vs cortez ? conceited vs jjdd ? conceited vs dna ? conceited vs cortez ? i know some of these ppl have already battled but my main point is um , u have matched up "job" battlers , these ppl put bullshit together to get thru the day ....... jjdd is a yung cat to that "jobber " scene , but hes right there alongside conceited and clips and dna and cortez .......... and dbd ... arsonal ...... countless others ......

the only difference is , there are ppl like dbd that actually put in the time and effort , (his last few efforts have exposed holes in his matrix but still i hold his grind higher than cortez , dna, clips , etc )
Old 12-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #8
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Alright man I gotta be honest, I'm ten minutes in and bored as fuck. You need to edit some of the filler out of this shit, cuz I really only care about what these dudes have to say about the battle and their approach and preparation leading up to it and not "funny" shit that their friends are doing. It took 6 and a half minutes for one of the people this shit is about to actually say something and neither of them have said anything of any consequence ten minutes in. splice in some interview footage or something, for real.

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
wait so wtf is this ? is this a trailer ? what is this ? i seriously just saw its like 40 minutes long
Old 12-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #10
1Roadtotheriches.com

Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
Alright man I gotta be honest, I'm ten minutes in and bored as fuck. You need to edit some of the filler out of this shit, cuz I really only care about what these dudes have to say about the battle and their approach and preparation leading up to it and not "funny" shit that their friends are doing. It took 6 and a half minutes for one of the people this shit is about to actually say something and neither of them have said anything of any consequence ten minutes in. splice in some interview footage or something, for real.
That's an ill perspective. The feel I was going for apparently isnt what the people wanna see. Less build up, more action. Bet.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
1Roadtotheriches.com

It is long

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
wait so wtf is this ? is this a trailer ? what is this ? i seriously just saw its like 40 minutes long
Yea, we definitely could've done without the trailer at the beginning. When I was in the editing room I wanted to make it look like a movie. You know how they have the previews before hand....except I forgot bs previews/trailers are the things everyone hates. I feel it
Old 12-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #12
1Roadtotheriches.com

Quote:
jjdd vs cortez ? please god no ........ ugh , these are dudes on the grind , they have no artistic integrity , its purely making checks and locking in as many battles as possble to get their scribblerZ .....

how about clips vs cortez ? conceited vs jjdd ? conceited vs dna ? conceited vs cortez ? i know some of these ppl have already battled but my main point is um , u have matched up "job" battlers , these ppl put bullshit together to get thru the day ....... jjdd is a yung cat to that "jobber " scene , but hes right there alongside conceited and clips and dna and cortez .......... and dbd ... arsonal ...... countless others ......

the only difference is , there are ppl like dbd that actually put in the time and effort , (his last few efforts have exposed holes in his matrix but still i hold his grind higher than cortez , dna, clips , etc )
So taking numerous battles isn't seen as something admirable in your eyes, it's like selling out or compromising artistic credibility...dope. Is there anything to be said for someone who isn't afraid to step to a challenge if money's right? You know, like on so Pacquiao shit.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #13
rikkymang

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
rikkymang is a PY Poster
It seemed way too long and nothing really happened.
What camera did you use? You have a red as your avatar on youtube but I don't think you shot on red.
Tons of the shots look way to under exposed. Maybe bring a light with you next time.
rikkymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
i love the idea of folks making documentaries, but one thing for sure i can suggest off the back is to edit down the size of the video if your intention is to release it on youtube. Alot of interviews, blogs, and even other battle documentaries highlighting a battle don't have to be so long, and just adding more and more random people to give their opinion may mean less than adding some key interviews of people that are either in the field or have an opinion worth hearing. Getting fan-feedback is cool, but u can easily get carried away with the time length on some of these videos, and chances are it becomes less attractive to someone to watch a video that over a half hour long vs doing something else they can do for a half hour, like watching an actual battle, etc. I don't think the topic needs that much time dedicated to highlighting just one battle, i think u can highlight an entire event for that much time. my 2 cents.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #15
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I like the music transitions etc

Nice
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #16
Bpayne

Mentioned: 265 Post(s)
Bpayne is a PY Poster
why would you want to watch a 40 minute documentary to lead up to a 20 minute battle? I don't understand
Bpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #17
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
the first question that a video should be able to answer is "why is this being made"

I know they were eventually going to battle but there was no common theme or narrative going on that gave the documentary any sense of purpose
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #18
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Good look making this.

This site happens to generally hate the two guys this is about though so you might not get the kind of feedback you are looking for lol. Are you planning on doing a lot of these?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #19
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ppl are inaudibly mumbling and your puttin subtitles to everything... at some point your jsut not doing a good job the subtitles cant cover your ass on everything

still dope but its gettin real unprofessional after 15 minutes worth of it

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
1Roadtotheriches.com

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
Good look making this.

This site happens to generally hate the two guys this is about though so you might not get the kind of feedback you are looking for lol. Are you planning on doing a lot of these?
Thats the plan. I never knew these two were hated like that lol These guys actually got me interested in the whole battle rap scene
Old 12-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Roadtotheriches.com View Post
Thats the plan. I never knew these two were hated like that lol These guys actually got me interested in the whole battle rap scene
They aren't really hated.. just not fan favorites imo. I like em both.

People are just critical of what they spend their time watching. I appreciate your effort
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Blaze Won is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
They aren't really hated.. just not fan favorites imo. I like em both.

People are just critical of what they spend their time watching. I appreciate your effort
pretty much this....i fuck with tez and john's battles...
i know john personally from the old GTATL days

but if i'm gonna watch an hr long doc about a battle....it needs to be a special battle....tez vs john just really aint that special...its neither one of their biggest battles to date...

if you did a doc on tez vs hollohan or john vs hitman i'd watch it...but tez and john aren't like super colorful/interesting people that keep you glued to the screen wondering what they're gonna say next...
Old 12-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
hamdouken

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
hamdouken is a PY Poster
Honestly, I think you and whatever crew of fucking retards convinced your equally retarded ass to waste precious fucking film following two of the most boring ass, wack ass, waste-of-fucking-semen ass battle rappers in the game around the San Francisco of the fucking South as they introduce their equally wack ass clue of dickriders with no fucking future outside of being a fast food technician and waste valuable studio time making music so fucking terrible it makes you wanna rape a deaf bitch so your kids stand a 50/50 chance of not ever having to hear such godawfulness should be fucking shot for making this atrocity.

Never in the fucking history of the world has anyone been even remotely interested in following the fucking footsteps of some bitch ass kleptomaniac who looks like Alvin from The Chimpmunks raped Michael Smith from ESPN and some illegal fucking wetback who has about as much fucking personality as the fucking stick he churns his fucking butter with. Fucking jackass.

that annoying ass oprah gif works like a mf'er

u cant rebuttal that shit
hamdouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #24
JUSTAFAN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
JUSTAFAN is a PY Poster
Is this battle ever going to drop?
JUSTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #25
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
should cut the time down - most people hate actual battles that long - they def wont like a non-battle being that much time

my advice would to be something similiar to what dj skee did with diz/canibus

King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #26
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
So taking numerous battles isn't seen as something admirable in your eyes, it's like selling out or compromising artistic credibility...dope. Is there anything to be said for someone who isn't afraid to step to a challenge if money's right? You know, like on so Pacquiao shit.
nooo its not selling out , but rappers such as clips / dna / conceited DO compromise their integrity by taking many battles , they DO spit blatantly horrible shit just to get thru a battle , and its not a "battle " to them

they dont even try to 3-0 rappers , they put in an afternoons worth of effort to 2-1 someone , and if they lose who cares ?? they are gonna battle someone next week and nothing changes (especially not their pay check )

my bad for coming @ u , i guess i was trying to make some kinda point when i made that 1rst post , but yea cortez / jjdd both fall into that category im speaking of , but i have to admit cortez has been better lately and looks like he puts in effort

this battle is probably not the BEST battle to do a doc on i guess was my main point ; two "jobbers " two guys who do this for a living ; i mean like this is cardboard vs cardboard the movie ; thats all

i fux with the idea , and i really do want to see more

Last edited by uuuununnn; 02-11-2014 at 05:28 PM.
uuuununnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #27
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
Good look making this.

This. Also people on this forum trend to be over exaggerated dicks.

Jesus could literally come back, battle, kill his opponent, raise him from the dead, then leave the building via floating into heaven... and some people here would be like "he needs to improve his performance" lol

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #28
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdouken View Post
Honestly, I think you and whatever crew of fucking retards convinced your equally retarded ass to waste precious fucking film following two of the most boring ass, wack ass, waste-of-fucking-semen ass battle rappers in the game around the San Francisco of the fucking South as they introduce their equally wack ass clue of dickriders with no fucking future outside of being a fast food technician and waste valuable studio time making music so fucking terrible it makes you wanna rape a deaf bitch so your kids stand a 50/50 chance of not ever having to hear such godawfulness should be fucking shot for making this atrocity.

Never in the fucking history of the world has anyone been even remotely interested in following the fucking footsteps of some bitch ass kleptomaniac who looks like Alvin from The Chimpmunks raped Michael Smith from ESPN and some illegal fucking wetback who has about as much fucking personality as the fucking stick he churns his fucking butter with. Fucking jackass.
1 u need to be banned again lol

2 u take the bsl? I swear I saw u on the.bsl or the bss like a month ago

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #29
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Whats going on battle rap nation. Im really new to this forum, but we want to provide the world with better docs and better visuals for the battle rap culture. We just did a doc for the URL JJDD vs Cortez battle. I just want honest feedback. We do this shit for the sport, we do this for yall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSBqPauXZX8

Was it
Or Was it

Thanks!!
These dudes both so generic man like there good writers I guess but shits so cookie cutter especially john john.
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #30
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
It's not admirable, they get paid, and put in minimal effort in exchange. If they were employees they'd get fired, because they aren't really fulfilling their side of the bargain. Do you realize that no British battlers on Don't Flop even get paid a dime? Guys like Clips are lucky to get paid, and they're exploiting the scene's generosity, and clogging up the circuit with mediocre videos. At least Lux actually rewards his payers with classics, guys like Clips don't.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cortez, john john da don, john john da don vs cortez, urltv