View Poll Results: Who won?
Dank Schrader 15 93.75%
Lil ill 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #41
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Dope battle. Dank's rapping ability is on another level compared to the better part of this site. Lil Ill delivered as well. Dank outclassed him easily though.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:15 PM   #42
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Dope battle. Dank's rapping ability is on another level compared to the better part of this site. Lil Ill delivered as well. Dank outclassed him easily though.
yup big ups to Dank in this. He's working his way to becoming the winner of the survivor series. He might even just win this shit cause even in the text battling his bars are off the hook. He doesn't get the votes he deserves sometimes in the text battling but he does get the votes in these webcam battles.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #43
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
we gonna set a date for the battle you keep telling me you wanna do @SpecialOh

also tagging for a few more votes/sorry if lil ill already tagged you

@Throwback Mike
@The Mage BTM
@The Kurgan
@riffic @thatguy @ukallday
@Abrupt
@bells720
@Bobby Bigelow
@Psycho Mantis @Letterman
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #44
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lil' Ill was nice, good flow and delivery on the joke bars. The Dank nameflips towards the end were good for the most part, but kind of rinsed, plus I feel like there have been so many similar nameflips in the textbattles that it's hard to make them effective. Good round for sure though.

Dank's flow and delivery was off the chain throughout, some haymakers in there too, Pesci bar, dangermouse bar, the god/sun god stuff etc.

Both were good, but Dank had the better rapping and denser content, which was enough to win it for me.
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #45
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wow... Dank getting super disrespectful! I need to see that SpecialOh battle.

I thought Dank took this pretty comfortably. Lil Ill had some pretty good jokey stuff here and there, but I thought he overdid the name flips and fake personal angle about Dank having issues with the ladies. Some of Phil's Dank flips were pretty cool though for what it's worth. It's just hard to make those types of name flips hit very hard since they've been done to death.

Dank had a couple little hiccups delivery wise, but his flow's still next level regardless. And there were a few legit heavy hitting punches in there--those Pesci, Hitchslap, and Smack White bars especially.

Good battle all around.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #46
JShazo

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Can'd a full breakdown Cruz I'm on mobile. But I'll will was entertaining but dank was ruthless. His flow one of. The best on the site. Side note you ever looked into dont flop? Anyway. Take had the better bars and execution.... if it wouldn't be completely terrible I'd be interested in one of these..but nahhh. Vote dank
Old 01-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #47
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShazo View Post
Can'd a full breakdown Cruz I'm on mobile. But I'll will was entertaining but dank was ruthless. His flow one of. The best on the site. Side note you ever looked into dont flop? Anyway. Take had the better bars and execution.... if it wouldn't be completely terrible I'd be interested in one of these..but nahhh. Vote dank
yeah I could see Dank battling in Don't Flop. Why not? He's good enough to do it. Maybe he's just like me and doesn't want the exposer due to the fact it might not be worth it cause of the trolls and haters and other things. He could be too busy thoa too. I'm too busy myself everyday. But its still good to hear great bars. Dank is the best when it comes to these webcam battles. He's keeping this site alive. I'll give em credit cause he puts in a lot of work. Personally I want him to make a Mixtape like me cause I'm putting months of work into this project and want to save all my best bars for it.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:29 AM   #48
Bobby Bigelow
You dont want no

Mentioned: 391 Post(s)
Bobby Bigelow is not the worst person
Lil Ill was pretty good here and definitely put up a good fight, better then i thought he would.. Dank just outclassed him.. Better flow and punches here.. Really likin that smack white bar got dayum.

Ill came with a few dank name flips that were funny but over did them a little bit. The smoking weed section at the end of the vid was nice thats the first time someones ever did that to dank on a vid battle lmao.. Good shit from both sides tbh but dank gets this for me..
Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #49
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
@JOBone just saw you comment on memphis/blanco, didnt know you really checked this, if you get time i'd appreciate some feedback
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Old 01-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #50
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
@JOBone just saw you comment on memphis/blanco, didnt know you really checked this, if you get time i'd appreciate some feedback
I usually don't check the audio battles but I got mentioned and had some time.

I'll give this battle a listen when I get a chance and vote.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #51
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
After a couple listens, I'm surprised I'm going to say this but I think Lil Ill took it.

Dank alluded to Ill wanting the battle but being wishy washy with actually setting it up so I'd imagine that played some part to how this all played out but I shouldn't let that dictate who I think won.

Dank is a great writer and can put together a good verse in no time but that also means he can get by on this writing without as strong of content and that's a little of the vibe I get here. Always solid writing and good rapping but not as confident in the material and not a lot of bars that hit hard for me personally (didn't really get a lot of the text/audio battle/Don't Flop references).

Lil Ill on the other hand seemed to be the most prepared I've seen him. Clean performance with well written lines and just seemed really comfortable with the material. Too many Dank flips, not a lot of them hit especially since it's been done so much with Dank before and in general. That said, the hookah bar was nice and a couple other Dank flips actually worked as well.

Just since Ill had a few more lines that hit for me combined with a clean performance (honestly I think the laid back jokey approach works better than his usual aggressive style I've seen), I have to give him the slight edge over Dank, who is always talented but was light here in many respects. On another day, I might give Dank the win off of flow and structure, but today I think Lil Ill got this one.

On a side note: just from seeing the verses transcribed in the Blanco vs Memphis battle, I think I prefer to see that as well as listening because I feel I might miss shit one listening and it's easier to recall bars afterwards, but I think that's just my preference.

Last edited by JOBone; 01-09-2015 at 11:25 PM.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 AM   #52
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
On a side note: just from seeing the verses transcribed in the Blanco vs Memphis battle, I think I prefer to see that as well as listening because I feel I might miss shit one listening and it's easier to recall bars afterwards, but I think that's just my preference.
yeah i was thinking of adding the bars will do next time, if nothing else it makes it easiser to quote bars you wanna comment on rather than having to lisetn to and type em out.

thanks for the break down, that hookah bar was fucking dope, lil ill defo comes across better one the jokey shit for battles....step your dont flop game up
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED