Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Rone Bodied Danja Zone

Old 03-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #41
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
How much have they really invested in rosenberg and danja zone though? Not much.
They've been building up Danja Zone's profile and he's built up his profile in other leagues. He's still a new guy that serves a purpose in their roster, whether or not they've actually "invested" much money into him. It's more of a time and energy investment than money thing imo, especially since they push guys who aren't asking for big checks or at least aren't in the position to ask for a lot. URL picks a lot of these guys from leagues that aren't getting much exposure and develops them into a name, so if they put that effort into building their brand, they expect those battlers do the same for the URL brand in return.

Raw hasn't battled as much in the last year so it's more debatable how useful he is to them at this point, but besides protecting their "investment" in battlers, they also make decisions to shelve battles to protect URL's brand, so it's damage control but it's also some political moves. Sometimes we get the excuse that it is due to quality control and the battle isn't up to their standards, but we've also seen how they'll say something like the audio was all messed up then the battle comes out and it's audible. Whatever the real reasons, it's clear those decisions are strategy based.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 PM   #42
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
I don't know if it was even in that interview but Unbias did have a vlog about it. He gave an example that that G.E. "Get it? That Shit go together" dude bodied Calicoe one time & they didn't release it because Cal was one of their prize fighters at the time(it was before the Lux battle).

Beasley said basically the fans don't support leagues, just the battlers so if their main attraction gets bodied by someone they don't ever have on their channel & isn't devoted to their league for the most part then it's no gain for them to release it. It makes sense in a business standpoint though.

I don't see it pertaining to Danja Zone though seeing as I never see them pushing anyone from the UFF 1st season besides Ill Will. If Rone bodied Danja no one in the URL staff cares that much to protect him, that's for sure.
F'sho, I can see that
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #43
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
I wonder if Real Deal yelling faggot in front of a large crowd on camera can compromise his teaching license at all? I like Real Deal and think he's entertaining, so that's not a "shot" at him or anything, I'm genuinely curious.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:23 AM   #44
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I'm definitely not a paranoid cornball. These battles might not be the best examples. My statement was more general about URL's business practices. its pretty obvious that if you invest more time/money into someone you will almost always favor them when compared to someone who you haven't put as much time/money into.

Example: Did you know Calicoe battled in St.L at the same URL event that verb vs hitman went down at? He battled some guy that has never been on the url named G E or something. Apparently Calicoe didn't take this dude seriously and did shitty, and the other dude spazzed like he knew he was a no name battling Calicoe. Url didn't put that shit out, Hell they didn't even act like it ever happened. I dont blame them, you think they are going to drop a video of him looking like a clown vs a no name a few months before he is supposed to battle lux at summer madness ???

Look here Mike!

The Calicoe vs GE battle was trash as fuck and a one rounder at that!
that footage being released would have looked good for any one!

Real Deal vs RosenBergRaww was a dope battle and a mainevent battle!

URL been Pushing RD!
Its just that nobody wanted to take him after that B magic battle smh.

Also URL been trying to get Rone over there for a long time!

Rosenberg Raww and Danja Zone are not URL protected like a calicoe,hitman,con or surf are.

Also why would they have any camera men there if they werent going to release the battles?
smh
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #45
wizworld
I back my meat out

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
wizworld probably likes in here/hair word play
SO SMACK/URL HAD AN EVENT IN REAL DEAL'S CITY AND YOU GUYS ARE TELLING ME THE BATTLE MIGHT NOT COME OUT BECAUSE SMACK/URL THINKS ROSENBURG RAW IS TOO IMPORTANT TO THEIR BRAND TO TAKE A LOSS?

I had to put it in caps because that whole idea is insanely ridiculous.

And URL has been trying to bring Rone over since he beat Okwerdz. He will be a bigger name on URL than Danja Zone in no time.

Last edited by wizworld; 03-23-2014 at 02:40 AM.
wizworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #46
system
Shit.

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
system is not the worst person
If they vault these battles there will be anarchy.
system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #47
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizworld View Post
SO SMACK/URL HAD AN EVENT IN REAL DEAL'S CITY AND YOU GUYS ARE TELLING ME THE BATTLE MIGHT NOT COME OUT BECAUSE SMACK/URL THINKS ROSENBURG RAW IS TOO IMPORTANT TO THEIR BRAND TO TAKE A LOSS?

I had to put it in caps because that whole idea is insanely ridiculous.

And URL has been trying to bring Rone over since he beat Okwerdz. He will be a bigger name on URL than Danja Zone in no time.
my nigga look at what norbes posted on ig...http://instagram.com/p/l3jEK9qafr/
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #48
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
rone finally won a battle? congrats to him...only been like 5 years
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #49
Juan Demarco
Marinated Fan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Juan Demarco is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Murray View Post
John John Da Don ‏@JohnJohnDaDon 9m
my nigga danja gettin killed smh i was callin checkin on my nigga made sure he got his shit str8... smh he didnt take him serious

damn lol danja isnt in a position to not take people seriously
Why would he not prepare for battling someone battling at home?

smh
Old 03-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #50
southkurtk

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
southkurtk is a PY Poster
I attended this event. quick review

First battle was two dudes i never heard off. Can not even remember there names. Only PG battle. This battle felt like it went on forever. both did ok. nothing super memorable. Lots of Gun Bars.

Second Battle was Rone Vs Danja
Rone bodied him live. Danja was his normal boring self with decent bars. Rone had the perfromance of the night IMO. Dude is just to charismatic in person.

Third Battle was Lotta Zay vs Nuborn
Lotta Zay had the 2nd best performance of the night IMO. He killed this dude 3-0 easy. Bars where on point.

Fourth and final battle
Real Deal vs Raw
Both actually did well IMO. Real deal won live but raw didnt get bodied. Great Battle. Most Equal Matchup of the night IMO.

Only 4 battles all together but great event. Got to meet all the battlers. Smack was there. It was a great event. Not too long but just right.
southkurtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #51
j4remi

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
j4remi is a PY Poster
Good for Rone and Real Deal...they've put in the work, they deserve to get bigger opportunities and I'm glad they capitalized.
j4remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #52
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Shout out to Team Suburbs (Real Deal, Rone, and Lotta Zay) for cleaning up in their respective battles.

Congrats to @3PFDPgh for doing his thing in the PG Battle.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #53
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Shout out to Team Suburbs (Real Deal, Rone, and Lotta Zay) for cleaning up in their respective battles.

3PFD battled Danja Zone on SupaNova Battles the night after the Pittsburgh event too. It was a one-rounder, but both went in.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #54
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
Quote:

were you there? i was front row.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #55
3PFDPgh
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
3PFDPgh is a PY Poster
Quote:

Thanks man. It technically wasn't a PG, just a local opening battle. Still good networking and good to rock on a SMACK card. It was good to battle at home for a change as well.
3PFDPgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #56
3PFDPgh
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
3PFDPgh is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
3PFD battled Danja Zone on SupaNova Battles the night after the Pittsburgh event too. It was a one-rounder, but both went in.
I battled on a SMACK card AND battled Danja Zone. Somebody broke the Matrix Just thinking about this makes me laugh cause it looks weird on paper. I enjoyed both battles though. Tough crowd for the Danja battle, but I got my stuff off and felt good about it. It should drop within the next week or two.

Once it drops, then I can go in every thread and post "I beat Danja Zone" like Detour did, LOL. Nah, not gonna do that.
3PFDPgh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags