Marlo 15 25.86%
Trick Stephens 25 43.10%
Shuffle-T 18 31.03%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #41
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is tricky p on the back to basics card ? hes perfect for that
Old 03-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #42
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"WHEN THIS RAIN STARTS TO POUR !" lmfaoo

tricky edged it over all ; maybe its cuz he went second i cant tell but im definitely rewatching this 1
Old 03-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #43
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

"WHEN THIS RAIN STARTS TO POUR !" lmfaoo

tricky edged it over all ; maybe its cuz he went second i cant tell but im definitely rewatching this 1
Old 03-14-2015, 10:12 PM   #44
CollarboneSnap

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
CollarboneSnap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky P View Post
fuck man such a bummer i blew that one... the scheme was actually pretty tight check this:

Double trouble boil and bubble once were born two brothers royal
one with godly gifts of thought the other not... a sort of foil for the other to shine off
So when one's called on to fly cross the sea... the other's fraught with jealous thoughts he plots he storms he broils
Then insists he'll come along, for he's been wronged of course he toiled
far too hard to let his partner just run off and hoard the spoils
But this oracalic prophecy is not to be ignored, it was foretold to warn do not let overconfidence destroy you
One more shot to bump his spot - but once you bomb on foreign soil
You'll watch Shuffle shuffle off and SHUFFLE OFF his MORTAL COIL
(To shuffle) You'll cut him off like Foreign Oil
Cut him off like You're the Moyel
Double crossed the couple lost when young Sherlock just drops his Watson and I
Watch and feel responsible
like "Probly coulda stopped them fore they'd gotten so disloyal
after all I FATHERED BOTH OF EM LIKE ARTHUR CONAN DOYEL"

I prob deserved to fuck it up for almost ruining the surprise battle and all that. And even though I think it was well written it was an unnecessary scheme that didn't really achieve any purpose. Just show-offy type shit.

I totally agree with your assessment on quality control. Never gonna write long convoluted shit again. Will only do 2 minute rounds from now on. Focus my verses etc.

Glad some people actually think I won though fuck man its been a while in that regard. Watching it back it seems pretty close to me. Impossible to properly judge your own battles though obviously.

that scheme was much cooler to read than it was to listen to.
Then-then-then put on-put on the same

CONDOM I WORE LAST NIGHT
CollarboneSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:13 PM   #45
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Tricky won. I liked this one a lot
WallaceBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #46
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think this would have been a LOT better with a focused crowd. Some of Tricky's material especially would have went OFF if the crowd had been getting on board more, but as it just ended up awkward.

Edging to Marlo, his second round was the standout for me and Tricky's rounds were a bit too long, both were nice though.

Good battle.
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #47
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
so this is what Shufflo sounds like when you remove most of the really good stuff. like, to me they're always VERY hit and miss in that every performance i've ever seen of them has some stuff that has me laughing my ass off and some stuff that just makes me cringe with how terribly corny it is. this Marlo performance had mostly the latter to me. Tricky had some of those moments too, but he had a lot more stuff that i actually liked and he's much more charismatic and doesn't look like a drug addict. so Tricky won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:14 AM   #48
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
is tricky p on the back to basics card ? hes perfect for that
This^ tbh b2b is droppin the ball on alotta potential battlers that'd b perfect for this (dbd, joe cutter, deems, mosh jelton, sonny bam, madness etc) why doesn't kotd ever reach out to old GT FL/ATL vets? Because lets b real, who's super excited to see megadef vs madflex or reverse live vs anybody?

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:34 AM   #49
Tricky P
VIP

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tricky P is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
This^ tbh b2b is droppin the ball on alotta potential battlers that'd b perfect for this (dbd, joe cutter, deems, mosh jelton, sonny bam, madness etc) why doesn't kotd ever reach out to old GT FL/ATL vets? Because lets b real, who's super excited to see megadef vs madflex or reverse live vs anybody?
They actually offered me a real dope opponent for it but I just got kinda writers blocked on what new angles I could take with him so I had to decline. Was a bummer I really wanted to battle out there again.

And I think they're Tryna make every match involve a west coast rapper.
Tricky P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:38 AM   #50
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Gotta go with Tricky on this one, but yeah I'm of the consensus that this man needs more battles.... or to possibly star in a Jim Carrey biopic
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:14 AM   #51
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
last battle I expected to end in a fight, holy shit
I couldn't believe it was her. It was like a dream. But there she was, just as I remembered her. That delicately beautiful face. And a body that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room. And breasts that seemed to say... "Hey! Look at these!" She was the kind of woman who made you want to drop to your knees and thank God you were a man! She reminded me of my mother, all right. No doubt about it.
Franklin Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:38 AM   #52
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
damn, tricky kinda bodied here lol

i always fucked with dude nh, and marlo is nice too, but it seemed like tricky was inspired to out-perform one of the top guys known for performance, and he did it

really entertaining battle
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:58 AM   #53
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Those Shuffle icons are great.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:52 AM   #54
gamesguru
I'm Just Sittin' Here...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
gamesguru is not the worst person
I didn't know whether or not to make those smilies smaller or not, but considering this forum uses some pretty big ones as is, I decided to leave them as they are. Because I'm a lazy fucker... and I made them during an overnighter.

Cool to see a couple of them in the list now. It's a bit weird seeing a big fat shocked Shuffle-T on the advanced post page though, under the Smilies column. I don't know if you can change the order in which they show, but you might want to do that. I'm sure people will grow tired of seeing such a distracting smiley every time they make an advanced post/preview post.

@Seanzo
gamesguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #55
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Tricky piss took it

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #56
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
siiiick battle. both did great. i wouldnt bother calling it.

for the record, i look pretty much exactly like Shuffle but more beard
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #57
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
My favorite Tricky P battle was on DF, but this is pretty terrible. My on earth did these two request unlimited rounds, their styles aren't really made for this length of rounds. I had to skip a couple of minutes from each of his rounds to get through it.

Tricky needs to stop with all the weird voices, he is so much more interesting when he raps in his natural cadence. Surprised no one has written a bar about how he changes styles and names.

Marlo had a couple of good bars, but overall this wasn't a great performance from him. He was more watchable, so he wins
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 03-16-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #58
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
They actually offered me a real dope opponent for it but I just got kinda writers blocked on what new angles I could take with him so I had to decline. Was a bummer I really wanted to battle out there again.

And I think they're Tryna make every match involve a west coast rapper.
Happy to ghost write for you anytime

West coast rappers on kotd is getting a little played out tho imo

Would yal rather see names like reverse live, kg, cali smoov, mega def (again)

OR

See names like jonny storm, sonny bamboo, mosh jelton, madness

Theres really no comparison...

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 03-15-2015 at 03:25 PM.
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #59
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesguru View Post
I didn't know whether or not to make those smilies smaller or not, but considering this forum uses some pretty big ones as is, I decided to leave them as they are. Because I'm a lazy fucker... and I made them during an overnighter.

Cool to see a couple of them in the list now. It's a bit weird seeing a big fat shocked Shuffle-T on the advanced post page though, under the Smilies column. I don't know if you can change the order in which they show, but you might want to do that. I'm sure people will grow tired of seeing such a distracting smiley every time they make an advanced post/preview post.

@Seanzo
Yeah, I'm just having it there for now so people think about us having more stickies. Kind of just a...reminder they change, as we haven't had that many additions the last while. I'll switch the order in a bit, though.

Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #60
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
fuck man such a bummer i blew that one... the scheme was actually pretty tight check this:

Double trouble boil and bubble once were born two brothers royal
one with godly gifts of thought the other not... a sort of foil for the other to shine off
So when one's called on to fly cross the sea... the other's fraught with jealous thoughts he plots he storms he broils
Then insists he'll come along, for he's been wronged of course he toiled
far too hard to let his partner just run off and hoard the spoils
But this oracalic prophecy is not to be ignored, it was foretold to warn do not let overconfidence destroy you
One more shot to bump his spot - but once you bomb on foreign soil
You'll watch Shuffle shuffle off and SHUFFLE OFF his MORTAL COIL
(To shuffle) You'll cut him off like Foreign Oil
Cut him off like You're the Moyel
Double crossed the couple lost when young Sherlock just drops his Watson and I
Watch and feel responsible
like "Probly coulda stopped them fore they'd gotten so disloyal
after all I FATHERED BOTH OF EM LIKE ARTHUR CONAN DOYEL"

I prob deserved to fuck it up for almost ruining the surprise battle and all that. And even though I think it was well written it was an unnecessary scheme that didn't really achieve any purpose. Just show-offy type shit.

I totally agree with your assessment on quality control. Never gonna write long convoluted shit again. Will only do 2 minute rounds from now on. Focus my verses etc.

Glad some people actually think I won though fuck man its been a while in that regard. Watching it back it seems pretty close to me. Impossible to properly judge your own battles though obviously.

This made me really wanna fucking battle YOU bro....fr bro no bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #61
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
My favorite Tricky P battle was on DF, but this is pretty terrible. My on earth did these two request unlimited rounds, their styles aren't really made for this length of rounds. I had to skip a couple of minutes from each of his rounds to get through it.

Tricky needs to stop with all the weird voices, he is so much more interesting when he raps in his natural cadence. Surprised no one has written a bar about how he changes styles and names.

Shuffle had a couple of good bars, but overall this wasn't a great performance from him. He was more watchable, so he wins
It's a Marlo battle
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #62
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesguru View Post

@Seanzo
I prefer it there tbh ...I ENJOY seeing it RIGHT there when I need it

Quote:
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #63
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I prefer it there tbh ...I ENJOY seeing it RIGHT there when I need it

Quote:
Old 03-16-2015, 01:22 AM   #64
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
It's a Marlo battle
Lol, edited now.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:39 AM   #65
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1182 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
so much fun.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #66
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
Tricky got that, good to see you back dude!!
The ronds was to long tho so good to hear that you will do shorter in the future
ToddMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #67
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
wow i'm surprised tricky's winning the poll (not mad, i'm a fan). thought marlo got it clearly on ppv
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:21 PM   #68
EchosMyron

EchosMyron is not the worst person
lol couple tricks up my sleeve.

why the fuck is tricky p rapping in this weird voice? i'm only in round one. does he do this the whole battle?
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #69
EchosMyron

EchosMyron is not the worst person
wow marlo's shit about tricky p changing his name is fire!!!

ppl saying he cant solo battle?

Edit: I got used to trick's voice after a bit. He had some really good material. Most likely got the 3rd.

Last edited by EchosMyron; 03-18-2015 at 07:54 PM.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #70
CollarboneSnap

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
CollarboneSnap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
wow i'm surprised tricky's winning the poll (not mad, i'm a fan). thought marlo got it clearly on ppv
could be because people who preferred marlo to tricky clicked on shuffle in the poll.
Then-then-then put on-put on the same

CONDOM I WORE LAST NIGHT
CollarboneSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #71
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Tricky at his best does some things that are like 90% good with 10% corny, but this battle it seemed like while doing those same things, the corniness was the only thing that shined through. Tricky can be kinda frustrating because he's actually a really good rapper in battles, but I don't think it came through that well in this one. Marlo has never really impressed me overly by himself though
Old 03-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #72
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
Happy to ghost write for you anytime

West coast rappers on kotd is getting a little played out tho imo

Would yal rather see names like reverse live, kg, cali smoov, mega def (again)

OR

See names like jonny storm, sonny bamboo, mosh jelton, madness

Theres really no comparison...
Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasily the first ones
Old 03-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #73
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Somehow Tricky P was able to be entertaining AND annoying in the same battle, it's a strange paradox.

Tricky's like a friendlier Dizaster, he's one of the most gifted people in Battle-Rap, he's not your ordinary run of the mill Battle-Rapper, but they both commit the same delinquencies, too dramaturgical, too tangential, ramble for too long.

Perhaps this is a lazy assumption, but Marlo could've done with Shuffle to vibe with.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stop lying shuffle-t won