Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
I feel bad for the OG battle fans

Old 08-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
I feel bad for the OG battle fans

I can only imagine how long you guys have been waiting. The missing fight klub footage is like the holy grails of battle rap. Can't believe still to this day little to nothing has surfaced. I was going through the old blogs and couldn't believe 1. how long some of you have been on the forums 2. even back then people were starving for more FK battles. I wonder if anyone has ever saw it when it aired on MTV?

I might be high but nowadays the PPV's is getting more popular and if a bunch of people are buying PPV's, What if we either get people to pitch and help release a battle or create a PPV for that fight klub battle to raise the money. I know theirs little to no chance of them resurfacing and I might just be wasting my time but all I know is I'd pitch some money to see O Solo vs Nems full. Maybe I'm an idiot but it seems with the PPV's starting to become more utilized, maybe theirs more people willing to pitch some money then back in the GT days. I'm not sure what the deal with the footage is but it's cruel to the fans. My only other solution is too complicated and beyond ridiculous.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
ever since 6k's watch2gether u've been such a social butterfly making topics n contributing welcome back nikolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #3
god level

god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I don't give too much fucks about a lot of the Fight Klub footage

We need some modern classics w progression.
i can see plenty of talent but for some reason, idk if it's intimidation or they have the wrong people in league's ear about this battle rap shit. Like.. Battlers and league staff are saying that a lot of the new fans aren't knowledgeable of the culture but here they are listening to their shit opinion on who should be put on cards. Fuck em. Stupid ass logic. But it's free though so
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
None of the shit that aired was the shit ppl cared to see sadly you hear all the Stories about Reed Dollaz battling some of the best from ny or Rex running through shit.. At this point tho it doesn't even matter... If they dropped there'd be a couple battles I'd watch just to see how it went but tbh the content wouldn't have been that crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Some of my earliest memories of battle rap fandom are staying up until 3 am to watch snippets of Fight Klub on MTV2. I'm not tripping over missing footage, though. Fight Klub was great for what it was, but so much has changed since then that I dunno if I'd even be able to watch it all the way through.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1278 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I really do wish I could see it
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #8
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
ever since 6k's watch2gether u've been such a social butterfly making topics n contributing welcome back nikolas
lol, watch2gether has made things cooler on here tbh but I've realized I have to be the change I want to see or else it's more of the same shit. I'm not saying I know very much to the level of some of you but I try. Also I've realized I've made an ass of myself here on numerous occasions and would like to contribute more positively. Thanks for noticing.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #9
Nikolas34520

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
I don't give too much fucks about a lot of the Fight Klub footage

We need some modern classics w progression.
i can see plenty of talent but for some reason, idk if it's intimidation or they have the wrong people in league's ear about this battle rap shit. Like.. Battlers and league staff are saying that a lot of the new fans aren't knowledgeable of the culture but here they are listening to their shit opinion on who should be put on cards. Fuck em. Stupid ass logic. But it's free though so
I was thinking that too when making this thread. Battle Rap has gotten better since early 2015. I've only been a fan of battle rap for 3 years now so the fight klub footage is still a novelty, I can see those that were complaining about on rapmusic.com being over it and moved on. It's just astonishing that we'll never get to see a lot of battles but it's not so bad seeing that atm there's up n coming stars we need to rep.

The leagues want someone to blame when things go wrong. With KOTD what do you expect when you take advice from talkback and with URL, they've been getting a lot of shit for the lux/hollow udubb situation and with hitman/suge and they're in a conflict of interest between what's best for their wallets and what the fans want imo.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #10
culturedboy
#StopBeingDirty

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolas34520 View Post
lol, watch2gether has made things cooler on here tbh but i've realized i have to be the change i want to see or else it's more of the same shit. I'm not saying i know very much to the level of some of you but i try. Also i've realized i've made an ass of myself here on numerous occasions and would like to contribute more positively. Thanks for noticing.
<3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
u might pocket check erik but u wouldnt pull up on t top, the nigga built like a uzi in human forms
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormFromOTBVA View Post
your 5 sigs look horrendous
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:15 AM   #11
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
im interested to see that french montana fight klub battle
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:18 AM   #12
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
I can only imagine how long you guys have been waiting. The missing fight klub footage is like the holy grails of battle rap. Can't believe still to this day little to nothing has surfaced. I was going through the old blogs and couldn't believe 1. how long some of you have been on the forums 2. even back then people were starving for more FK battles. I wonder if anyone has ever saw it when it aired on MTV?

I might be high but nowadays the PPV's is getting more popular and if a bunch of people are buying PPV's, What if we either get people to pitch and help release a battle or create a PPV for that fight klub battle to raise the money. I know theirs little to no chance of them resurfacing and I might just be wasting my time but all I know is I'd pitch some money to see O Solo vs Nems full. Maybe I'm an idiot but it seems with the PPV's starting to become more utilized, maybe theirs more people willing to pitch some money then back in the GT days. I'm not sure what the deal with the footage is but it's cruel to the fans. My only other solution is too complicated and beyond ridiculous.
My G the people I know only have listened to Epic Rap battles of history. When I bring up GT KOTD or URL they like huh? nah Phil I only watch ERB. I'm like well yeah it's not real rap battles but they do seem to get views like nuts.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:51 AM   #13
Nikolas34520

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
My G the people I know only have listened to Epic Rap battles of history. When I bring up GT KOTD or URL they like huh? nah Phil I only watch ERB. I'm like well yeah it's not real rap battles but they do seem to get views like nuts.
They do get mad views but that ain't battling. I don't even bother talking to anyone I know about battling though some of my friends know dizaster, hollow & mook.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:55 AM   #14
King John
AKA Barry McCockiner

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
King John is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldoctormoney View Post
im interested to see that french montana fight klub battle
Here's part of it, they use to have the whole thing on youtube.

King John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
No Lo Se

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No Lo Se is not the worst person
iron solomon vs locksmith is the one i've always been dying to see from the missing fight klub battles
No Lo Se is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #16
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
on a somewhat-related topic, there really should be a youtube channel dedicated to backing up rare battle rap content. so much has been lost by youtube videos getting deleted or becoming privatized. i can imagine that a lot of fight klub/old school philly footage on youtube isn't backed up, so when they're gone, they'll never resurface.

has anyone ever tried to contact mtv to purchase the rights to the fight klub archive? i don't know anything about mtv's business, but such a purchase may be at least somewhat possible since mtv probably has zero plans for the series in their future.

Last edited by peace; 08-23-2016 at 03:03 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #17
IKNOWALL

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
IKNOWALL is not the worst person
While I wish I could see them I am over it. I think most of the other OG fans are over it as well. What I would is if these new battle rappers would come up with their own style.
IKNOWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:23 AM   #18
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
They do get mad views but that ain't battling. I don't even bother talking to anyone I know about battling though some of my friends know dizaster, hollow & mook.
I've only met one real guy that was invested in the rap battle shit as a fan. Nobody else I know fucks with it. We are the few but great.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #19
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNOWALL View Post
While I wish I could see them I am over it. I think most of the other OG fans are over it as well. What I would is if these new battle rappers would come up with their own style.
real shit
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:18 AM   #20
Nikolas34520

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNOWALL View Post
Couldn't have said it better. Like I said, I'm a new fan so it's still a novelty the idea that there's a bunch of battles we'll never get to see but at this point if @Luke isn't on the hunt then most likely they won't see the light of day.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:07 PM   #21
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
The whole thing is so mysterious and cloaked.

I've tried on several occasions to get in contact with the FK people and although I end up talking to people it always ends up dead ends. Or like Executive Nick followed me on Twitter (one of like 4 people) but wouldn't respond to any messages I sent lol.

Or like little weird things make no sense ... For example, Iron/Jin occurred June 2007 but wasn't released until June 2009... Why?

Now here is RUMOR time... So to be clear, the following are rumors - but I've heard you can buy footage if you have enough money (there are people who have appeared that have done this or attempted to). I've also heard that things have been complicated due to the relationship between television networks and the actual Fight Klub format.

Here's the other difficult part - the history of Fight Klub is really poorly documented. We (the public) don't even know what battles happened there for sure... I have a list of all the battles and have had battlers tell me directly "that didn't happen on fight klub" or that the battle didn't happen at all.

Or exact dates are absurd. Like the ONLY reason I know about Jin/Iron release vs when it actually happened was from doing advanced twitter searches going back 5-6 years and comparing it to a blog post made in 2007 that I can only view by doing archive searches lol

@PoisonPen I'm interested your thoughts on this. I know for a fact you have significant FIRST HAND knowledge in this area

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #22
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
One more thing I'd add is that alot of fight klub stuff has gone in and out of being public on yt.. But nobody saves or downloads the videos. I'm pretty sure I have FK footage on my hds (I have 8 external hds I keep unreleased, rare or in danger battles) somewhere.

Also you wanna hear something crazy? Ars/Hollow FK tourney was in March 2009... For comparison, BOTB 3 occurred the month prior and kotd had been established 8 months prior.... Battle rap timelines are very interesting

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 08-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #23
Luke
Midwest Movement.

If I get to see Nems v Eddie Morris before i die that'd bw cool