Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
do you think chess is good at chess

Old 08-02-2017, 03:50 AM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
do you think chess is good at chess

recently i tried playing chess and it's difficult so definitely consider that when answering the question

but he also wouldn't call himself chess if he wasn't good at chess

what do you think?
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I dunno how much these names mean anything. Is Hollow actually Hollow? Now, I'll be the first to admit I don't have X Ray vision but I bet he isn't, but who knows.

When my step son, RIP, was like 7, he was playing me in chess and beat me in all sincerity and I didn't try to lose at all, so as far as I can tell chess is mostly luck anyway.

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Is Math really Math unless he knows complicated equations?
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is Smack actually made of heroin?

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
I dunno how much these names mean anything. Is Hollow actually Hollow? Now, I'll be the first to admit I don't have X Ray vision but I bet he isn't, but who knows.
While we've got you, where the hell does The Wrist come from?!? You must have known when you entered Scribble Jam that they could freestyle off your name and get an auto-win, lol.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
While we've got you, where the hell does The Wrist come from?!? You must have known when you entered Scribble Jam that they could freestyle off your name and get an auto-win, lol.
it was Terrorwrist a zillion years ago, which I also never liked, but after 9/11, having people yell that across the street at me started getting uncomfortable. It was actually on a trip to scribble with PH and others that it got turned into "the wrist" as they didn't like saying terrorist over the phone in our motorcade. Paranoid lot the hip hop community.

And yes, I knew of the risks, and had many a comeback ready for plays off the name, but for some reason my brain went blank when I faced parable. I was brainstorming trying to think of stuff for The Saurus or Franco , because for some reason I never bothered, but then I drew Parable and was like ah fuck cuz I forgot he existed and had really nowhere to go and started saying bars I hated myself. He gave me a gift with the wrist line, because I should have come back with one of my pre writtens for flipping my name but for some reason just went braindead, which I chalk up to fatigue. Scribble was a long fuckin' weekend and I really didn't take the thing that seriously. Lack of focus. Happened every other battle tourney I ever did haha.

any other questions? I'm bored.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #7
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Scribble was a long fuckin' weekend and I really didn't take the thing that seriously. Lack of focus. Happened every other battle tourney I ever did haha.

any other questions? I'm bored.
Well since this has turned into a Q&A

What was a weekend at Scribble Jam like? Did people sleep in tents or hotels? How big was the site?

Been curious about what it would have been like to actually be there in comparison to other festivals I've been to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #8
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Well since this has turned into a Q&A

What was a weekend at Scribble Jam like? Did people sleep in tents or hotels? How big was the site?

Been curious about what it would have been like to actually be there in comparison to other festivals I've been to.
I went from whatever year Illmaculate won till the year I was in it. I wasn't there from day one or anything super OG or anything.

I usually stayed at a Days Inn that was nearby. I know a lot of other guys were there also. Seemed to be the go to place. I'd heard tale of a notorious shitty hotel with hookers and shit that people stayed at that I never had the pleasure of experiencing. Other people would have way better stories about that.

The main venue, the big one you see where the battles are, is pretty big. It was a building with a stage inside, and a bar and some pool tables and such and then a big outdoor area with the picnic tables and the main stage. I dont know square footage or anything. Some googling reveals it has either shut down or changed ownership and now its this place http://innercirclecincy.com/

I dunno how to compare it to other festivals. What I always liked about it was the accessibility. Most of the artists booked would be working their own merch tables or just walkin around and if they were nice guys would talk to you. I used to drink way too much at them. I'm obviously not painting a great picture here. I'm sorry. I usually rolled with PH and would be at his merch table or one year me and Okwerdz were rollin' and he had a merch table but didn't realize they gave him one so we basically had nothing at it, so that was fun.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #9
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
I'm obviously not painting a great picture here. I'm sorry.
Nah you've actually given me a better idea of what it would have been like.

Sounds like a fun weekend but also very different to the camping in fields, surrounded by students & messheads- music festivals that I've been to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #10
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
does arsonal have an arsonal?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #11
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
How integral was DNA is mapping the human genome?
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #12
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lets stay on track guys

thanks.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #13
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Is iron Solomon the actual metal king of Israel?
Does nocando object to performing all activities?
Is serious jones actually serious?
Is p-nut made out of actual peanuts, or does he just enjoy them?
Is avacado an actual avacado consisting of essential fatty aminos?

The world may never know....
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #14
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AustraliaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AustraliaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Australia
[very tay roc voice]

I DOUBT IT
WallaceBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #15
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 639 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Does k shine really shine?
Does bigg k work at a Big K?
Does thesaurus own a thesaurus?
Does Pat Stay tell his dogg Pat stay.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #16
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
is dizasters battle rap career actually a di--

nvm

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE: WD7DAY2: https://m.twitch.tv/trappingoutthebandwidth

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #17
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post

nvm
Lmaooooooooo

Get dog debarko in here!!!!
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:33 PM   #18
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post

nvm
Is Mickey Worthless really wort-

Is Arkaic's sound really old dated and arca-
nvm
Old 08-03-2017, 04:55 AM   #19
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Nah you've actually given me a better idea of what it would have been like.

Sounds like a fun weekend but also very different to the camping in fields, surrounded by students & messheads- music festivals that I've been to.
yea it was nothing like that. no one's camping in cincinatti lol

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-03-2017, 04:57 AM   #20
The Wrist
my first name is The

is okwerdz actually awkward? not really he's pretty affable a guy really

was PH's head actually a pumpkin? we were friends and I checked, and no it wasn't. RIP

is daylyt actually a ray of sunshine? in many ways, sure

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-05-2017, 02:21 AM   #21
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
is dumbfoundead really in awe?
is tycoon tax a weather related monetary income deduction?
is hitman holla really a hitman?
is real deal really the real deal?
is serius jones really not kidding?
is lux actually rich?
is ave really a street?
is chef trez really someone who cooks?
Old 08-05-2017, 05:28 AM   #22
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1452 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
can someone just answer the fucking question about chess wtf
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #23
Emancee

Not when there are more important questions to ask like:

Does Charron really shepherd lost souls across the river Styx?
Old 08-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #24
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
can someone just answer the fucking question about chess wtf
maybe if you told us your if your homie wasnt an actual fruit
Old 08-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
U just played chess recently for the first time???
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #26
djpompey
No Coast Chicago

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
djpompey is a PY Poster
Given that his family couldn't afford a bowl, leading him to eat cereal from a severed 2-liter bottle top, he would have had to learn chess later in life unless they had very strange budgeting priorities - or he somehow constructed a chess set from junk food wrappers.
djpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:26 AM   #27
The Wrist
my first name is The

sometimes people play chess in parks and stuff. maybe he just jumped in the pick up matches at the park.

and if you think about it, hip hop started in the park with kool herc bringing the system outside and what have you, so it makes sense.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 08-09-2017, 03:12 AM   #28
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
chess = chest ask reed

It's in the car

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote