Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Battle Rappers and Their Feelings

Old 08-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #1
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Battle Rappers and Their Feelings

I've had it with some battlers. For people that get paid to yell insults at each other some battlers are sensitive and insecure af. Lets be frank, some battlers get noticed before others because their more talented. It's not always a popularity contest. A B Dot or a Psycoses or a Gjonaj is gonna get noticed wayyy before a Lexx Luthor or a Cali Smoov. It's not their style and swag that got them popular, it was their talent. Some battlers gotta realize that and suck it up instead of getting in their feelings every time someones post clowns them, passive aggressively references them or can be applied to them. Now that's lame.

Salute to those with strong skin and can take criticism. Let your accomplishments speak for itself instead of complaining why people don't like you and insisting there's nothing wrong with you yet getting sour every time someone has an opinion opposing yours imo. I'm not a battler so I don't know how it feels to have your craft shitted on but there's a line between being unfairly judged and being straight up divas. I'm not trying to spam threads, this shit just been annoying me. Am I wrong about this?
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
I've had it with some battlers. For people that get paid to yell insults at each other some battlers are sensitive and insecure af. Lets be frank, some battlers get noticed before others because their more talented. It's not always a popularity contest. A B Dot or a Psycoses or a Gjonaj is gonna get noticed wayyy before a Lexx Luthor or a Cali Smoov. It's not their style and swag that got them popular, it was their talent. Some battlers gotta realize that and suck it up instead of getting in their feelings every time someones post clowns them, passive aggressively references them or can be applied to them. Now that's lame.

Salute to those with strong skin and can take criticism. Let your accomplishments speak for itself instead of complaining why people don't like you and insisting there's nothing wrong with you yet getting sour every time someone has an opinion opposing yours imo. I'm not a battler so I don't know how it feels to have your craft shitted on but there's a line between being unfairly judged and being straight up divas. I'm not trying to spam threads, this shit just been annoying me. Am I wrong about this?

faxxxx

i wanna see diz vs. bigg k for most thin skinned battler OF ALL TIME title.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #3
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
I remember Bigg K on angryfan said "I'm tired of all these people calling me a sensitive white boy.. I'm not sensitive! when you see me at an event call me a sensitive white boy and see if I don't smack the shit out of you"

Maaaannnnn if you don't shut your sensitive ass up haha smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #4
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I remember Bigg K on angryfan said "I'm tired of all these people calling me a sensitive white boy.. I'm not sensitive! when you see me at an event call me a sensitive white boy and see if I don't smack the shit out of you"

Bigg K doesn't apply to this thread. He was on the URL mainstage right after battling half past 7. He earned the right to talk that shit.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
TBH nobody likes getting shitted on. My issue is with battlers that get sensitive when coming to a fan forum like rmbva. I kind of understand the confusion because a lot of those guys used set up matches on rapmusic.com, but things have changed. That said, if you're talking shit publicly like on Twitter or in person then its a different story. Anything said here should be taken with a grain of salt.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #6
Nikolas34520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
TBH nobody likes getting shitted on. My issue is with battlers that get sensitive when coming to a fan forum like rmbva. I kind of understand the confusion because a lot of those guys used set up matches on rapmusic.com, but things have changed. That said, if you're talking shit publicly like on Twitter or in person then its a different story. Anything said here should be taken with a grain of salt.
I agree but what about on Talkback?
Old 08-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #7
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i understand why battlers would get pissed if someone clowns on them for something personal that's unrelated to battle rap or a matter that shouldn't be involved in battle rap. i kiiiiinda don't understand why battlers, or anyone else, get pissed if a stranger is being disrespectful towards them online, but whatever. i guess it's understandable...?

what i just straight up don't get is how battlers get pissed when someone criticizes them as rappers. the fans' judgment is the foundation of battle rap because battle rap is competition based opinions. if they don't like that, then they shouldn't be battle rappers. and an opinion like that ain't worth getting mad over. doesn't matter if it's expressed tastelessly or constructively. it's silly imo.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:26 PM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"battle rappers are a bunch of faggots and bitches" pat stay
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #9
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
as far as battle rap or hip hop goes, ur style and ur swag has a lot to do with ur talent...

the way u carry urself and the type of person u are translates into ur bars and the way u spit
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #10
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
shouts 2 illipsis for taking all my criticisms in stride and using them to make himself a better battler

also bigg k bout as sensitive as a post-orgasm dicc don't quote me on some pause shit

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #11
Nikolas34520

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
as far as battle rap or hip hop goes, ur style and ur swag has a lot to do with ur talent...

the way u carry urself and the type of person u are translates into ur bars and the way u spit
Most definitely, style and swag are important factors but you can't rely on it too much when you're spittin sub par rhymes and not being creative.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #12
LukeWaltonisGoat

LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Bigg K doesn't apply to this thread. He was on the URL mainstage right after battling half past 7. He earned the right to talk that shit.
This is the type of shit that's killing battle rap. Can't pick and choose if you get mad at this battler for doing something gotta get mad at the rest of em too
Quote:

Old 08-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:

ahahaha bigg k is fire but dude always has a stick up his ass

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #14
Nikolas34520

Quote:
This is the type of shit that's killing battle rap. Can't pick and choose if you get mad at this battler for doing something gotta get mad at the rest of em too
I agree that you gotta be a fan of the sport, not the battler but again Bigg K isn't too relevant to why I made this thread. Why would I be mad at all battlers for something created by specific type of battlers? I'm not saying certain battlers get a pass for doing the same shit cause they're so great but it's stupid to be pissed at all battlers for the doing of the garbage tier.

I understand Bigg K can't take criticism and always comes off as disgruntled but not too many people can shake a room like him. Bigg K gets pissed when people tweet at him directly talking stupid shit, it's not like he's on talkback responding to every post that references him or could be applied to him. I'm talking more about battlers that are bitter but they suck like Cali Smoov or Lexx Luthor or anyone else I can't think of atm.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #15
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
ahahaha bigg k is fire but dude always has a stick up his ass
For sure bro lol hitman's one of my favs I think he's too sensitive sometimes lol I just don't like when ppl make special exceptions for certain battlers because they end up doing the same in the battles.. That's why we have so many ppl who are "undefeated" that have battled each other because fans contradict themselves in order to give their favorite rappers dubs
Quote:

Old 08-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #16
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
I agree that you gotta be a fan of the sport, not the battler but again Bigg K isn't too relevant to why I made this thread. Why would I be mad at all battlers for something created by specific type of battlers?
I skimmed the OP the first time I get what your saying about battlers getting sensitive about their status I thought you were just talking battlers being emotional in general
Quote: