Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Onomatopoeia's in battlerap

Old 09-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
TheDutch
Chillin'

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
TheDutch is a PY Poster
Onomatopoeia's in battlerap

A word or string of words that resembles the sound it discribes..

Helicopter propeller chopper, Tappin it on the low like a basedrum.. these type of bars. I'm sorry i got nothing else but Pat Stay lyrics but im wondering if it's used a lot.

We got examples?
TheDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #2
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
I dont know thosr lines, but those examples aren't onomatopoeias. Big t's gun sounds would be my first thought though. Or ur in the middle of ch ch

That bass drum line is hard tho.
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
yeah they invoke sounds but they're not onomatopoeias

click clack BOOM turn his dome to a stadium!
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Yeah Big T uses them a lot.

Chalakaboo + Other gun sounds
Poutine/PouTing from Big T vs. Bender

edit:
@riffic sometimes he does

Pou Ting - Bullets ricocheting of metal

Not always like u said tho
Old 09-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsin View Post
edit:
@riffic sometimes he does

Pou Ting - Bullets ricocheting of metal

Not always like u said tho
huh? not sure what you're responding to
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 09-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
TheDutch
Chillin'

TheDutch is a PY Poster
yeah you guys right, used the wrong term, it applies more to one word aswell..
im really talking about multiple words i suppose, and the rhytm brings it to life
Old 09-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #7
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
I shoot it it goes BOW they ducking like wtf is that!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #8
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
"I'm still walkin with that *whh whh* lit, and the *click clack* gripped for *pow pow* for you and who you with. I ain't stuntin, that's for big tymers, my dogs'll *sniff* find ya, and *arf* then in strict silence will dig where they can't find ya, mind on some other shit..."

Not from a battle, but that's head ice from the goat battle rap cypher
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
"I'm still walkin with that *whh whh* lit, and the "click clack" gripped for "pow pow" for you and who you with. I ain't stuntin, that's for big tymers, my dogs'll *sniff* find ya, and *arf* then in strict silence will dig where they can't find ya, mind on some other shit..."

Not from a battle, but that's head ice from the goat battle rap cypher
Post please!
Quote:
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #10
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutch View Post
haha thanks for the cheat-cheat (sheet?)

the girls at work are gonna flip when i use that word
...AND can explain its meaning
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Post please!

Head ice goes last but everyone goes in. My favorite verses here switch from lux to ice, but I've given this video probably hundreds of views
Old 09-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #12
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bMDsxIVL5ZE

Head ice goes last but everyone goes in. My favorite verses here switch from lux to ice, but I've given this video probably hundreds of views
Oh fuck yeah, I've rewound Lux's verse on this a million times haha. Gonna watch this again
Quote:
Old 09-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #13
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Oh fuck yeah, I've rewound Lux's verse on this a million times haha. Gonna watch this again
Yeah, when I saw this thread, this cypher was the first thing that came to mind. Ice verse is fire but it's also maybe the best use of onomatopoeia I can think of in all of rap. For some reason I feel like wayne had a handful of punchlines on the first No Ceilings that used onomatopoeia, too.

But f'sho, lux comes in so clean too: "war scars from the boulevard, scam after scam, can't pull a job..."
Old 09-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #14
TheDutch
Chillin'

TheDutch is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

Haha thats whatsup, thank @riffic for the right interpretation of the word tho. That cypher is really worth looking into btw, good vibe and dudes are tallented as fuck, dunno what the loaded lux pilot hat thingie is all about tho.

Edit: oh and this dude ninjaturtleatthebeach

Last edited by TheDutch; 09-07-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #15
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

Ignorant hoes at yo work place huh?
Go get that silly pussy boiii.
IQ same as shoe size easy targets.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #16
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Not sure if I fully understand the term in the title

is this onomatopoeia? he just makes sounds at the end of each sentence so describe something if that makes sense
(from 1:52 to 2:08)
Prelec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #17
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
Not sure if I fully understand the term in the title

is this onomatopoeia? he just makes sounds at the end of each sentence so describe something if that makes sense
(from 1:52 to 2:08)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CabjVHB8FKs
Can u explain what's happening in that segment? We don't all speak whatever language that is.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #18
Prelec
kevin

Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Can u explain what's happening in that segment? We don't all speak whatever language that is.
It was more abuot the univeral sounds at the end of each sentence, but ehres the translation of that part:

moes moes moes(his alias or whatever), look at my clothes ooff/
look at my shoe, ouch, bak(could mean his head, car or a jail) without a roof, bald/
brrrrrr i got a grrrrrrr(weapon)/
i got a kch(weapon?), i hunt for a kcheh(prolly a girl, could be money or even drugs. kcheh as en kech which means a girl, he could also mean the k as in 1000 or a kilo)/
I'm with ph, dont give a f/
say youre sssht, say youre sssht(you say youre silent but if you say your a snitch probably)

have fun with it
Old 09-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
TheDutch
Chillin'

TheDutch is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
It was more abuot the univeral sounds at the end of each sentence, but ehres the translation of that part:

moes moes moes(his alias or whatever), look at my clothes ooff/
look at my shoe, ouch, bak(could mean his head, car or a jail) without a roof, bald/
brrrrrr i got a grrrrrrr(weapon)/
i got a kch(weapon?), i hunt for a kcheh(prolly a girl, could be money or even drugs. kcheh as en kech which means a girl, he could also mean the k as in 1000 or a kilo)/
I'm with ph, dont give a f/
say youre sssht, say youre sssht(you say youre silent but if you say your a snitch probably)

have fun with it
haha ik zeg je eerlijk man, blij dat je het vertaald hebt want ik verstond er geen moer van. maar volgens mij zijn dit geen onomatopee's, denk meer aan woorden als tiktak enzeau
Old 09-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #20
Prelec
kevin

Quote:
haha ik zeg je eerlijk man, blij dat je het vertaald hebt want ik verstond er geen moer van. maar volgens mij zijn dit geen onomatopee's, denk meer aan woorden als tiktak enzeau
Heb t net opgezocht(wat ik al die tijd al kon doen) en t is nu wel duidelijk voor mij wat t inhoud

shit zoals auww en oefff en brrrr zijn die onomatopees maar kch en fff zijn het niet
Old 09-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #21
6000GP
tupac back

Ok, now I'm even more confused and feeling excluded
Old 09-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #22
mek

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
Quote:

Helicopter propeller chopper, Tappin it on the low like a basedrum.. these type of bars. I'm sorry i got nothing else but Pat Stay lyrics but im wondering if it's used a lot.

We got examples?
Although helicopter propeller chopper isn't an onomatopoeia it does kinda sound like the noise that a helicopter propeller makes when u say those words
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #23
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Bambi
Quote:
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #24
billing

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
billing is a PY Poster

Big Terrance >
billing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #25
TheDutch
Chillin'

TheDutch is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
Although helicopter propeller chopper isn't an onomatopoeia it does kinda sound like the noise that a helicopter propeller makes when u say those words
Exactly, that was the point i was trying to make initially, same goes for the bass drum, didnt use the word properly though. But yeah i rewinded that shit immediatly, was impressed as fuck.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #26
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I let the d-d-d-d-d-d-chopper spray
and u'll be like RUN DMC.. why do i walk this way?
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #27
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Old 09-28-2016, 01:27 AM   #28
6000GP
tupac back

"...And I bang out. It'll sound like my ratchet on repeat
Y'all ain't seen a nigga poppin like this since Beat Street
Street sweeper dust everything off - neat freak
At ya house, metal tapping on your window, *tink-tink*"

-Swave second round vs Tink
Old 09-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #29
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
This reminds me, fresco had that "pop out the ratchet and *clank*" line, but it doesnt really make sense. Guns don't really make a clanking sound.