barack mo drama is not the worst person
Caddy Ron documentary

Fair enough
@AVOCADO
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:26 AM   #2
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
im sure this post is bound to piss some people off, but is the reality of caddy ron something you'd want people to see a lot of via documentary? his whole 3.0 persona was a pretty short part of his life - doing a documentary about his life would be full of exploitive battle rap antics, substance abuse, etc. sure, it would be easy to get people to get on cam and say good things about him and throw in some of his music.. and that might be good closure for some people.. but idk, if it were to be an honest documentary and not a filtered one.. i don't think it would be a positive outlook on caddy ron

but yall know things i dont about him so maybe im way off. interested in your work avocado and would love to see u do some documentaries.. just not sure if this is the one

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 01-29-2016 at 02:28 AM.
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:32 AM   #3
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Please do it Avo -- this is something that could play Sundance or something if its done right. I will help financially in whatever little way I can, as I'm sure many fans will.
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:39 AM   #4
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Can someone tell me how he passed away?
every time I ask, people keep saying I am a hater

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:39 AM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Yeah kickstart this shit avo lets get it.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:12 AM   #6
2essentialz

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
2essentialz is not the worst person
It's got to be done now that you brought it up, Avocado.
2essentialz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:36 AM   #7
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
I'd be really down to see this happen and who better else to do this than avocado. I still can't believe Ron passed on into the unknown, it's surreal how it transpired.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:37 AM   #8
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this would be a difficult undertaking in a lot of ways

you'd have no shortage of people lining up to give personal accounts of their experiences with him though
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:51 AM   #9
Gggyea

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Gggyea is not the worst person
I think having avo do it is the only way to accurately make it happen and if ANYONE is going to profit off a caddy ron doc (cause somebody definitely IS.) It should be one of the people who actually spent time with him. Not some fucking film student looking for a b minus in film school. Plus with avo doing it he could get away with telling the story of ron as he was and not how his friends want him to be remembered. If dude was a scumbag then let it be known. If he wasn't let that b known as well. Idk I think it's a great idea for a doc and I will absolutely watch it.
Gggyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:57 AM   #10
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
I think having avo do it is the only way to accurately make it happen and if ANYONE is going to profit off a caddy ron doc (cause somebody definitely IS.) It should be one of the people who actually spent time with him. Not some fucking film student looking for a b minus in film school. Plus with avo doing it he could get away with telling the story of ron as he was and not how his friends want him to be remembered. If dude was a scumbag then let it be known. If he wasn't let that b known as well. Idk I think it's a great idea for a doc and I will absolutely watch it.
id imagine profits would go to somethin for ron. i doubt people in the scene would be into making money off his death.

maybe towards a memorial battle event or to his family/kids or somethin

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:14 AM   #11
Gggyea

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Gggyea is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
id imagine profits would go to somethin for ron. i doubt people in the scene would be into making money off his death.

maybe towards a memorial battle event or to his family/kids or somethin

YEA that's why I said for avo to make the profit off it. He seems to always do the right thing in fucked up situations. Avoid seems like a really good dude....he prolly skins n burns house cats when Noone is around. Lol Noone is that good of a person.

I'M ONTO UR SCHEME @AVOCADO
Gggyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:23 AM   #12
RobinCount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RobinCount is a PY Poster
Obviously, any profits derived from this hypothetical film would go to Caddy's offspring. Anything less would be exploitative and guarantee a bad look in the absolute worst way.
RobinCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:45 AM   #13
d0piatez

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
d0piatez is not the worst person
Do it Avo! Caddy helped me get through a heavy opiate addiction during my worst withdrawls. I wanted to thank him at BOTZ but didn't have the courage to. He affected a lot of people man and it sucks to see another one go.
d0piatez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #14
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
I reckon between @AVOCADO and @BattleRapChris they easily have enough footage already to get a great doc out. Plus new stuff could be shot.

Would easily contribute to a kickstarter for this
RyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #15
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
im sure this post is bound to piss some people off, but is the reality of caddy ron something you'd want people to see a lot of via documentary? his whole 3.0 persona was a pretty short part of his life - doing a documentary about his life would be full of exploitive battle rap antics, substance abuse, etc. sure, it would be easy to get people to get on cam and say good things about him and throw in some of his music.. and that might be good closure for some people.. but idk, if it were to be an honest documentary and not a filtered one.. i don't think it would be a positive outlook on caddy ron

but yall know things i dont about him so maybe im way off. interested in your work avocado and would love to see u do some documentaries.. just not sure if this is the one
I think it would include some negativity because Caddy was so open about everything.

Him stealing Madd Illz phone could be a documentary in itself
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:12 PM   #16
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Gg allin-lite

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #17
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Thanks for the support guys.

Really considering it
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #18
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
PLEEEEEAZE do..

im down to help however i can.

i know his cousin was shooting a doc on him cuz he interviewed me for it afew months ago.. im sure theres all types of amazing footage / moments...

Kyle-

Caddy's brother wanted me to contact you regarding his memorial if Dan hasn't already btw..
Old 01-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #19
brandoskeptic

brandoskeptic is not the worst person
Wow, yes. He always intrigued me, he was the punk rock not-give-a-fuck side of battle rap to the fullest, literally the GG Allin of the shit. Would be dope to see him remembered and represented, especially with the Avocado shine.
brandoskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:40 AM   #20
darkgoob

darkgoob is not the worst person
I went to college with Rob (Cadalack Ron). What many of you do not realize is that he was not at all a racist. He finished four years in political science at a very liberal top-tier school. He was one of the smartest people I've ever met. At least until after that when he went downhill a bit on heroin. Then I was encouraged he seemed to be recovering.

But I guess on the West Coast, esp. the LA scene, there is a strong influence from the California prison system where people (not just white people) say racist-sounding shit in the battles—both before, and after the battles. Rob had been into that system, but I know he had more black friends in college when I knew him than anyone else at that school.

Rob has publicly said that—and the people he battled knew that—the racism thing was not something he believed in, but it was what he felt crowds expected out of him; it was what people accused him of even before he ever said anything racist, just because he was the only white rapper down there battling.

So it became his battle persona, but it was an act. The man himself was as against racism as anyone, but he was playing a villain character.

When I knew him in college he rapped about shooting presidents and cannibalism and vivisection but he was no more Jeffrey Dahmer than he was Adolph Hitler. He just used whatever inflammatory language he could.

Maybe that's not acceptable to you, but if so, don't watch battles, because it's sexist, it's racist, it's homophobic, and everything else politically incorrect. You can't judge people by what they say in battle rap.

I'm just saying, don't read into it stuff about who he was. They wouldn't be putting up multiple murals in his honor down in LA if he was a racist in real life, I can guarantee you that.

As for his drug use or other mistakes he made, well, whichever of you has never fucked up somehow or done drugs, go ahead and let us know. Oh and get rid of half your existing record collection
darkgoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:12 AM   #21
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
darkgoob thanks for joining the forum and chiming in. I think most battle big time battle fans loved Caddy's work and are sad that he is gone, there are just a few forum trolls who get off on trashing the guy. Most of them are probably white kids who are low key jealous that Caddy was more respected and down with people of color than they will ever be.
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote