Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
I Repeat Illmac an The saurus are not battle rap legends


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 AM   #161
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)
 
Lebron Jereurghmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,635
Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
smh.. it's about influence.. did vanilla ice or mc hammer influence key rap artists? fuck no. did rakim, guru, kool g, etc?? fuck yes.


mc hammer and vanilla ice influence culture to this day are you a dumb fuck? they cant not have an impact they too much a fixture in the culture for better or worse

same for saurus or illmac- regardless of if one camp chooses to respect it another side does and when theyve been there so long that they are still part of the discussion, much like the one going on now, thats still legendary status- for better or worse. legends arent just good things its about legacy. this whole argument of whether mac or saurus is influential is so dumb because they had a style that people copied so much it mutated and blended with other battlers that moved to the forefront stylistically making it a moot point; battle rap is now about taking the schemes or ideas someone else does and do it better- whether it be gun so big bars or multi schemes or lux/daylyt reaches.. mfers are influenced by everybody at this point. only a handful of people truly bring something unique


Sent from mah muthafuckin trap burner using Slapabop
__________________
AKA HITMAN HOLLEURGH



Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:28 AM   #162
6000GP
tupac back
 
6000GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,027
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
you love my shit
you sneak in some funny ones here and there lol
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #163
riffic
RYD ;
 
riffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: apartment c above the gogo spot
Posts: 10,875
Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 AM   #164
ass2myface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,194
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
smh.. it's about influence.. did vanilla ice or mc hammer influence key rap artists? fuck no. did rakim, guru, kool g, etc?? fuck yes.
Depends how you define influence my mans... .Mc Hammer had loot out the ass, and gave loot to other bay area artist for some other level shit lol... I hear a lot of OG cats that will go to bat for hammer... Yukmouth has a song talking about how hammer helped them cats out to be a step ahead of the cops on some other shit... You do know Death Row signed him for probably extortion type shit before also? In his own way he is probably a legend to some, depends on how you define it...

Back on topic, how are any new age battle rap cats legends? I'm going off your premise... These cats make middle wage money for the most part, and nobody imitates them like the Rakims, Scarfaces, pacs, etc anyway lol....

This the difference here... Kool G Rap will do a couple songs with Chino Xl, Nas will drop a verse for Devin the Dude, etc etc, and it isn't forced... .It's neutral respect... Most battler rap cats tank battles for 2-6 grand lol, and you think they legends in hip hop.. You think BIg L would be a fan of this shit?

It's a different era though, if cats are cool with rap not being competitive, I can't hate.... I'll say the whole legendary term is used to loosely with most things though...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #165
deathstare
thebraidthemyththelegend
 
deathstare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: east van
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
deathstare has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
Depends how you define influence my mans... .Mc Hammer had loot out the ass, and gave loot to other bay area artist for some other level shit lol... I hear a lot of OG cats that will go to bat for hammer... Yukmouth has a song talking about how hammer helped them cats out to be a step ahead of the cops on some other shit... You do know Death Row signed him for probably extortion type shit before also? In his own way he is probably a legend to some, depends on how you define it...

Back on topic, how are any new age battle rap cats legends? I'm going off your premise... These cats make middle wage money for the most part, and nobody imitates them like the Rakims, Scarfaces, pacs, etc anyway lol....

This the difference here... Kool G Rap will do a couple songs with Chino Xl, Nas will drop a verse for Devin the Dude, etc etc, and it isn't forced... .It's neutral respect... Most battler rap cats tank battles for 2-6 grand lol, and you think they legends in hip hop.. You think BIg L would be a fan of this shit?

It's a different era though, if cats are cool with rap not being competitive, I can't hate.... I'll say the whole legendary term is used to loosely with most things though...
Battle rap legends. Not hip hop legend....when they write the history of battle rap they WILL have a chapter
__________________
TOP TEN MOST LIKELY TO NEVER TALK SHIT IN PERSON , BUT WILL ALWAYS TALK SHIT ONLINE

1 - THE KANG
2 - TONY SHARKS
3 - CASUAL
4 - THACITY
5 - VAallDAY
6 - Kbomb
7 - brodeezy
8 - Willy Pilgrim
9 - Yagerbomb
10- Adarone
deathstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #166
SkippyMacDotCom
Registered User
 
SkippyMacDotCom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oakland
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
SkippyMacDotCom is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
it's because the url stage controls a significantly higher portion of battle rap fans.. and if that higher portion doesn't acknowledge them as legends how could they be to battle rap as a whole?


i mean like.. there can be "legends" of underground hip hop that have no legendary recognition to rap as a whole. this is kinda the same thing. and it's kinda the same people arguing for saurus/illmac that would be arguing for their underground artists.. lol
Ok.

So how long is your list of battle rap legends if they aren't on it?

Basically the guys from the Smack DVD are the legends? And that's it?
SkippyMacDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:15 AM   #167
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyMacDotCom View Post
Ok.

So how long is your list of battle rap legends if they aren't on it?

Basically the guys from the Smack DVD are the legends? And that's it?
its not very big. legends isnt a term to be thrown around often.. not sure why you guys wanna force the term onto any tom dick and harry that transitioned from scribble jam to grind time/kotd

i wouldnt say there's any more than like 8 - 10 "legends" right now
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #168
SkippyMacDotCom
Registered User
 
SkippyMacDotCom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oakland
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
SkippyMacDotCom is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
its not very big. legends isnt a term to be thrown around often.. not sure why you guys wanna force the term onto any tom dick and harry that transitioned from scribble jam to grind time/kotd

i wouldnt say there's any more than like 8 - 10 "legends" right now
Such a mischaracterization. 2 guys, not "any tom dick and harry". Because those 2 guys heavily influenced the culture.

Who are your 8-10 legends
SkippyMacDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #169
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyMacDotCom View Post
Such a mischaracterization. 2 guys, not "any tom dick and harry". Because those 2 guys heavily influenced the culture.

Who are your 8-10 legends

they didnt influence "THE" culture. "THE" culture implies all cultures of battle rap. they influenced backpack culture. you don't see street cats doing "illmac" or "thesaurus"

i'll make my list tomorrow
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #170
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie
 
Blanco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,108
Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
when they write the history of battle rap they WILL have a chapter
Maybe the cover flap or that little intro chapter before the real book starts
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Am I a racist....Yes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #171
JR77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Did we already get to the point where "URL has the most fans" is countered with the fliptop argument?
JR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #172
King John
AKA Barry McCockiner
 
King John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
King John is not the worst person
I would say they're legends, just not All-Time Greats.
King John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #173
My Kall
Registered User
 
My Kall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
So because the ONE demographic that you invest your feelings in doesn't look at them as legends, but ALL THOSE OTHER GROUPS do... automatically you're right? How about it's an opinion? How about people have different preferences? All you're saying is that they're white, and since they're white they don't get to be respected as helping shape the scene. You don't like them, then you don't like them that's fine. Stop trying to push your reverse discrimination agenda on everyone else. Especially when you don't even do it logically. You're ignorant.
Exactly, I don't get why people think 200,000 urban fans will enhance your market share more than 200,000 non urban fans. Battle-rap fans are battle-rap fans regardless of their origins, they're equally valuable. It's not like a corporate vote, where the urban fans yield more voting power than the non-urban fans.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #174
My Kall
Registered User
 
My Kall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I can't actually think of anyone, except Arsonal or Hollow, who's arguably more legendary than Illmaculate and Thesaurus. Verb and Dizaster could've been in that pantheon, but they've sabotaged their legacies recently, Verb especially. They're both still legends though.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #175
Neanderthol
Registered User
 
Neanderthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
but this isnt true at all so ur point isn't correct. i like thesaurus personally, dont care much for illmac, but its hard for me to consider them legends of battle rap as a whole. they may be scribble jam legends or, as i said, backpack rap legends.. but when you look at the big picture how can you compare them to the mooks, the hollows, the verbs, the rex's, etcetc?

the url side of rap controls a much bigger portion of the spectrum. to say that if people only watch url it makes them uneducated battle rap fans is ignorant and bullshit because url consistently holds more quality events, puts on bigger shows, and has bigger named battler all the time, so why wouldn't people that take battle rap seriously only want to watch them?

and if that portion of battle rap fans don't acknowledge them as legends yet the other portion of backpack fans (note: saying backpack is not salty or insulting, it's a term that's been used forever to describe battlers like saurus and illmac so don't take it as an insult) do acknolwedge the street rappers like the ones i listed above.. isn't it safe to say that the street rappers do hold more weight and only the guys that have been able to break the mold and do well against those guys could be considered legends from backpack rap?


i think saurus has done a lot for certain parts of battle rap. i think he's an iconic name, sure, because of the work he put in for his style of rap early on.. but idk, it's hard for me to put him up there with the rappers everyone considers legends.


hard not to ramble here, sorry.
First: I never said people are ignorant for "just watching URL battles" and any of that other shit u said

regardless of your obsessions, this has nothing to do with backpack(what is this 02?)/nerd shit vs Street shit-it doesn't

I simply stated that the majority of Smack fans are not real battle fans period and that is a fact, so to derive your entire viewpoint off of a consensus of a non-battle fan fanbase then thats on you

I generally fuck with your prose on here and get what u are tryna say but thing is:
nah son
what happened happened, we dont get to rewrite history
the history of battle rap is what it is

Just as Smack DVD,Lions den,fight Klub and all that happened,
scribble happened (I personally hate freestyle battles and have a particular hatred for scribble)
jump off existed
WRCs happened
Grindtime was a league that played a MAJOR pioneering role in the evolution of battle rap
Saurus/Illmac were essential to early grindtime success
their battle against each other is still a Top 10 OAT
they launched the careers of many current stars just by them battling them (regardless of the winner)Con,Hollow,Cortez,Real Deal)
ETC...

your argument here is akin to some young thug fans theorizing that big daddy kane or Trib Called Quest aint legends because "nobody on this side" fucks wit them now
FOH
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #176
r00k_is_rap
Registered User
 
r00k_is_rap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r00k_is_rap probably likes in here/hair word play
If the freestyle era doesn't count because it was "so long ago" (which makes absolutely no sense) even though it was a major part of the battling culture and is a big part of hip hop culture as a whole...then I guess fight klub and smack DVD doesn't count either right? Too old...

I guess mook and lux can't be legends with only 2-3 battles in modern day.
__________________
-Favorite 5-

5) CM Punk 4) Stone Cold 3) The Rock 2) Sting 1) Shawn Michaels
r00k_is_rap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #177
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
I just had a flashback from third grade when I tried to explain how rain and clouds work to a retarded kid.

You claim to have logic and whatnot, but Woody Allen's movies have nothing to do with his career in stand-up comedy.

Pulling the white supremacist-card here is telling of your intellect. I quit.

Retardation - there's #NoWayOut.
Just seen this one!!

I had to mention his white supremacists ways because it goes with my point that its way over your head if he doesnt care about blacks,blacks will not care bout him and if black people opinion is of any importance (by reading this thread u guys clearly dont give a fuck bout it lol) hes no damn comic legend...

Hes a legend on his side of comedy whatever that is,the same way Kobe is a Laker legend but not a Knicks legend cause he neva played there or gave a fucks about them

But not a comic legend AS A WHOLE cause this side of population the blacks(the ones that u obviously dont care about) don fuck with him!!Cause u know black people like comedy and white comedians too so they opinion should matter too right??

GET IT?? DUM DUM!!

Last edited by WassPoppinB; 11-20-2014 at 04:11 PM.
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #178
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
First: I never said people are ignorant for "just watching URL battles" and any of that other shit u said

regardless of your obsessions, this has nothing to do with backpack(what is this 02?)/nerd shit vs Street shit-it doesn't

I simply stated that the majority of Smack fans are not real battle fans period and that is a fact, so to derive your entire viewpoint off of a consensus of a non-battle fan fanbase then thats on you
but your defining "real battle fans" as fans that fuck with street and backpack shit, and if they don't fuck with the backpack shit they aren't real fans. which is bullshit because there are hella people that fuck with battle rap heavy but pay no mind to kotd/dont flop/etc. doesn't mean they aren't true battle fans in the same way that just cuz a nigga doesn't fuck with mac miller it doesn't mean he isn't a true hiphop head.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #179
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
anyway this clearly isnt the place to share this stance at, which is fine given its demographic, but the saurus and illmac are battle rap legends opinion isn't widely shared by communities other than ones like this, which is also fine.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #180
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #181
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
I think there needs to be clarification...


By saying Illmac and Saurus are legends does not mean people think they're Top 5/10/15 right now automatically. It doesn't automatically mean that people hold them ABOVE any other modern battlers. The statement is a stand-alone statement. The two of them helped pave the way for battle rap to get to where it is. I don't understand how that is even really arguable. But if you don't think they were instrumental in the advancement, that's cool guys jesus. I don't think anyone is really trying to convince you that they're legends, they're just stating why they think the two of them are.


And they're not saying that URL fans don't count. They're saying that URL fans don't count MORE than other fans. So if you have KOTD/Don't Flop/GT/Smack DVD/Scribble etc fans who say that someone IS a legend, but ONE group says they're not legends... why does that one group automatically get the nod? I mean you're not shutting anyone down by constantly bringing up URL and how the two of them haven't champed anything in the URL. That just means maybe TODAY they're not as relevant as they are. When Jordan came back he wasn't the same dude who got legend status... doesn't mean you take it away. Larry Bird is a legend... he'd probably get shit on if he tried to play today.


So using the "biggest stage" today to justify whether or not someone's past is enough to grant them a place in battle rap history is idiotic. I'm not saying you HAVE to agree that they are legendary in their own right, that aspect is definitely an opinion. What I'm saying is the REASONS you're giving for them not being legends don't really make sense. Since you're trying to take away a status that was solidified in the past, because of few accomplishments in the present.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #182
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald
 
RonRon da Dong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
First: I never said people are ignorant for "just watching URL battles" and any of that other shit u said

regardless of your obsessions, this has nothing to do with backpack(what is this 02?)/nerd shit vs Street shit-it doesn't

I simply stated that the majority of Smack fans are not real battle fans period and that is a fact, so to derive your entire viewpoint off of a consensus of a non-battle fan fanbase then thats on you

I generally fuck with your prose on here and get what u are tryna say but thing is:
nah son
what happened happened, we dont get to rewrite history
the history of battle rap is what it is

Just as Smack DVD,Lions den,fight Klub and all that happened,
scribble happened (I personally hate freestyle battles and have a particular hatred for scribble)
jump off existed
WRCs happened
Grindtime was a league that played a MAJOR pioneering role in the evolution of battle rap
Saurus/Illmac were essential to early grindtime success
their battle against each other is still a Top 10 OAT
they launched the careers of many current stars just by them battling them (regardless of the winner)Con,Hollow,Cortez,Real Deal)
ETC...

your argument here is akin to some young thug fans theorizing that big daddy kane or Trib Called Quest aint legends because "nobody on this side" fucks wit them now
FOH
This^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
I'd be like

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #183
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
the reason people are saying that since the street fans dont consider them legends its hard to consider them battle rap legends as a whole is because there are a whole fuckload more street fans than backpack fans.

for instance, when a street legend battles. how many views does he get?

when saurus/illmac battle, how many views do they bring? if dont flop, kotd, etcetc fans ALL consider them legends, they should be bringing in hella views. hell, even solomon who is ass these days still brings views because of his legend status. why isnt it the same for saurus/illmac?










its cuz when it comes to these two, illmac far more than saurus,
people around here like to close their eyes and stamp
their feet and demand that they be regarded as GOATs or else people are just hating.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #184
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
I think there needs to be clarification...


By saying Illmac and Saurus are legends does not mean people think they're Top 5/10/15 right now automatically. It doesn't automatically mean that people hold them ABOVE any other modern battlers. The statement is a stand-alone statement. The two of them helped pave the way for battle rap to get to where it is. I don't understand how that is even really arguable. But if you don't think they were instrumental in the advancement, that's cool guys jesus. I don't think anyone is really trying to convince you that they're legends, they're just stating why they think the two of them are.


And they're not saying that URL fans don't count. They're saying that URL fans don't count MORE than other fans. So if you have KOTD/Don't Flop/GT/Smack DVD/Scribble etc fans who say that someone IS a legend, but ONE group says they're not legends... why does that one group automatically get the nod? I mean you're not shutting anyone down by constantly bringing up URL and how the two of them haven't champed anything in the URL. That just means maybe TODAY they're not as relevant as they are. When Jordan came back he wasn't the same dude who got legend status... doesn't mean you take it away. Larry Bird is a legend... he'd probably get shit on if he tried to play today.


So using the "biggest stage" today to justify whether or not someone's past is enough to grant them a place in battle rap history is idiotic. I'm not saying you HAVE to agree that they are legendary in their own right, that aspect is definitely an opinion. What I'm saying is the REASONS you're giving for them not being legends don't really make sense. Since you're trying to take away a status that was solidified in the past, because of few accomplishments in the present.
I see u tryin to make an effort to be rational intead of emotional congrats that was a nice try still not enuff cause like the shit in bold u cant just classify shit without justification,if u do it u back to the emotional stage...

So why is idiotic to say that when clearly those 2 were still on their peak when the biggest stage started??

Your URL point iam not just talkin today iam talkin 5 years ago when URL started if they were such legends they would be out there minglin with the best.

I give importance to the URL not only for emotional reasons,but also for factually reasons too(Most views,classics,most famous battlers etc) i mean u guys avoid those tangibles because they arent good to the guys u love but they are FACTS and if u wanna discuss rational shit u GOTTA DEAL WITH FACTS other wise u just EMOTIONAL you know like most chicks are!!

Get ur rational cap on or stay out of this like those racial rants u did,u are too emotional to handle this and it makes u look bad!!

Last edited by WassPoppinB; 11-20-2014 at 04:42 PM.
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #185
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
I feel that you guys agree with mee but just the fact that a black guy is schoolin hurts so yall wont give up...

now thats really sad,i mean compare the coments its pretty clear that iam kickin ass in a rational very easy goin way while this guys are just pourin out emotions lol

#Embarassin
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #186
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
See the only way you can "rebuttal" anyones points is by brushing them off and trying to mold/bend/skew them to fit into some "emotional" or "racist" box. There was nothing emotional in my post. Nothing racist in my posts. But since it makes actual sense, and since you like to deflect by saying everyone else deflects... you can't offer up an actual response. It doesn't matter if they were on their peak when URL came about. It doesn't matter that URL is bigger or more popular now. You are continuously missing the point. Like I initially stated, by saying the two have legend status and helped to pave the way in battle rap, by no means says they're GOAT, or that they are BETTER battle rappers than anyone else. They were just out there grinding, bringing in fans, bringing in battlers, and have earned respect of almost all relevant battlers for the work they put in before these huge paychecks started getting handed out. So it has far less to do with how talented they are, and far more to do with how much work they put in to help this culture flourish.

But you seemingly can't grasp that concept, that doesn't make me emotional in the least, it just makes you seem emotional honestly. Stop trying to put words into people's mouths, most people in here aren't saying Illmac and Saurus would body the URL guys or are 'better' than the URL guys... they're just saying you really wouldn't have the URL without them and the work they put in to make battle rap so popular. How they match up with classics/views/tiers is irrelevant.

A man founds a business that designs websites. He is a coder and has no other real expertise. Brings on people that have their own field of expertise and eventually the company grows into a big corporation that handles a ton of digital products (SEO/SEM/VOIP/IT/UI/UX/Websites/ETC) just because he can't out design, out code, out market the people in that company... by no means does that mean he didn't start the entire thing. It doesn't take away his legacy in the company.


Now that analogy is a little shaky obviously, but the general premise remains accurate. You're trying to determine their status based upon what the ARE doing, or whether or not they could battle with these other guys. But they didn't get legend status for being the best battlers... they've gotten the status from how much they did for the "movement" back in the day. For how much attention they brought to the scene. For basically keeping battle rap alive and pushing it to grow into the beast that it is now. They did it for a couple hundred and a hotel room, without them you wouldn't have $250,000 payouts.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #187
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by WassPoppinB View Post
I feel that you guys agree with mee but just the fact that a black guy is schoolin hurts so yall wont give up...

now thats really sad,i mean compare the coments its pretty clear that iam kickin ass in a rational very easy goin way while this guys are just pourin out emotions lol

#Embarassin

Dude, there is zero truth in this post. Nobody is emotional they lay forth just as many "facts" as you (which as evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveryone is saying this entire thread is opinion) and doing it the same way you are. They respond to you while you just brush off their responses and chalk it up to "emotion" or "deflecting". You're not "schooling" anyone man.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #188
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
See the only way you can "rebuttal" anyones points is by brushing them off and trying to mold/bend/skew them to fit into some "emotional" or "racist" box. There was nothing emotional in my post. Nothing racist in my posts. But since it makes actual sense, and since you like to deflect by saying everyone else deflects... you can't offer up an actual response. It doesn't matter if they were on their peak when URL came about. It doesn't matter that URL is bigger or more popular now. You are continuously missing the point. Like I initially stated, by saying the two have legend status and helped to pave the way in battle rap, by no means says they're GOAT, or that they are BETTER battle rappers than anyone else. They were just out there grinding, bringing in fans, bringing in battlers, and have earned respect of almost all relevant battlers for the work they put in before these huge paychecks started getting handed out. So it has far less to do with how talented they are, and far more to do with how much work they put in to help this culture flourish.

But you seemingly can't grasp that concept, that doesn't make me emotional in the least, it just makes you seem emotional honestly. Stop trying to put words into people's mouths, most people in here aren't saying Illmac and Saurus would body the URL guys or are 'better' than the URL guys... they're just saying you really wouldn't have the URL without them and the work they put in to make battle rap so popular. How they match up with classics/views/tiers is irrelevant.

A man founds a business that designs websites. He is a coder and has no other real expertise. Brings on people that have their own field of expertise and eventually the company grows into a big corporation that handles a ton of digital products (SEO/SEM/VOIP/IT/UI/UX/Websites/ETC) just because he can't out design, out code, out market the people in that company... by no means does that mean he didn't start the entire thing. It doesn't take away his legacy in the company.


Now that analogy is a little shaky obviously, but the general premise remains accurate. You're trying to determine their status based upon what the ARE doing, or whether or not they could battle with these other guys. But they didn't get legend status for being the best battlers... they've gotten the status from how much they did for the "movement" back in the day. For how much attention they brought to the scene. For basically keeping battle rap alive and pushing it to grow into the beast that it is now. They did it for a couple hundred and a hotel room, without them you wouldn't have $250,000 payouts.
^^awwwww man and i thought he was makin progress lol this guy is all over the place i dont even need to reply u defeat yourself all that writtin and you still avoid MY point and u proved my observation with those big words.....

IF YOU DONT START DEALIN WITH FACTS, YOU ARE EMOTIONAL!!

theres no way out the thing is you arent aware of whats around u are only aware of what u like how you feel and you base your opinions on that and IGNORE THE FACTS!!

Iam not gon waste my time with a man who thinks like a a woman smfh

Last edited by WassPoppinB; 11-20-2014 at 05:12 PM.
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #189
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff McGruff View Post
Dude, there is zero truth in this post. Nobody is emotional they lay forth just as many "facts" as you (which as evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveryone is saying this entire thread is opinion) and doing it the same way you are. They respond to you while you just brush off their responses and chalk it up to "emotion" or "deflecting". You're not "schooling" anyone man.
I actually know the defenition of words u just type them i prove and breakdown all ur post (includin ur lil racial rant remember) so YES U ARE EMOTIONAL!!

So this is redundant and a lose situation for me,its actually a privelege for you (who btw is prolly a teeny bop kid) to exchange ideas with an individual like me who can actually make sense and breakdown opinions without emotional biasness...

So Good bye and holla at me when you get your rational cap on and meanwhile put me on your Ignore list since iam Such and IGNORANT fellow why you keep exposin yourself to my atrocities,ask yourself are you being RATIONAL or EMOTIONAL??,wouldnt be RATIONAL to ignore me??

#ByeByeHaveANiceLife
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #190
Scruff McGruff
...Elvis Freshley
 
Scruff McGruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Scruff McGruff is a PY Poster



Yep... my point proven. Thanks. Ciao man.
Scruff McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #191
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by WassPoppinB View Post
I actually know the defenition of words u just type them i prove and breakdown all ur post (includin ur lil racial rant remember) so YES U ARE EMOTIONAL!!

So this is redundant and a lose situation for me,its actually a privelege for you (who btw is prolly a teeny bop kid) to exchange ideas with an individual like me who can actually make sense and breakdown opinions without emotional biasness...

So Good bye and holla at me when you get your rational cap on and meanwhile put me on your Ignore list since iam Such and IGNORANT fellow why you keep exposin yourself to my atrocities,ask yourself are you being RATIONAL or EMOTIONAL??,wouldnt be RATIONAL to ignore me??

#ByeByeHaveANiceLife
Had to read this again this is a Body Bag material ahahha

Dont forget to put me on Ignore lil kid thats the 1st step to the rational path,if u feel the need to reply to me wheres theres clearly no way out you still dealin with them emos

leave that to the bitches man

#Easy #FeelinLikeABBOnow #AllBodyBagsOficial
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #192
MrMumbles905
Repping East905
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,388
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by WassPoppinB View Post
When i was banned the mod said it wasnt because of the content of this thread( he made sure he deleted the thread the aint that funny ahahah) ita was "inapropriate language" so fuck it let me do this again cause its a topic that needs to be discussed...

Iam gonna keep it short,basically these 2 arent BATTLE RAP LEGENDS because they arent not seen as such by all spectrum of fans and they never battled on the best battle rap stage the URL.

its like sayin Babe Ruth was a legend when in reality some of the best couldnt play(black players).

Or better yet imagine if Kobe played basketball in italy his whole career killin shit out there but neva showin his skillz at the NBA or like Messi playin soccer in the USA league and never playin in the Champions league or in the world cup...


So thats my point ILLMAC and THE SAURUS can be KOTD,BACPACKER GRINDTIME whatever but thay are not i repeat they are not BATTLE RAP LEGENDS...


Now let the deflection begin lol

#Easy
You are either trolling to get uproar or are stupid.

You might not like them or think they are the best, But they are battle rap legends by any definition of the world.

They're is an entire scene built of some of the work Illmac and Thesaurus did.

You can question if these leagues would be here if it wasn't for the work done from Jump Off.

If you look at the era of Freestyle battling. THey are two of the biggest names bar none with the accolades to match

If you say Freestyling battling don't matter than you are an idiot that is not to be listened too.

Plus have come into this era and both have been very successful

If thesaurus and Illmac aint battle rap legends than they're s no such thing as battle rap legends
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #193
WassPoppinB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,331
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
^^Hey didnt u say you wouldnt not adress me anymore?? iam already dealin with whitey emotions now i gotta deal with a coon too??

Use the ignore option man lol this guys are a mess iam such a troll but they always got time to reply to me jezzz emotional lames

#IamOut
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #194
MrMumbles905
Repping East905
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,388
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
the reason people are saying that since the street fans dont consider them legends its hard to consider them battle rap legends as a whole is because there are a whole fuckload more street fans than backpack fans.

for instance, when a street legend battles. how many views does he get?

when saurus/illmac battle, how many views do they bring? if dont flop, kotd, etcetc fans ALL consider them legends, they should be bringing in hella views. hell, even solomon who is ass these days still brings views because of his legend status. why isnt it the same for saurus/illmac?










its cuz when it comes to these two, illmac far more than saurus,
people around here like to close their eyes and stamp
their feet and demand that they be regarded as GOATs or else people are just hating.

It's also because they never stopped battling.


When Illmac first came back to battle Hollow and Con it was thought of a big deal.

If you only battle once every few years your battle can mean more than it does if you battle all the time.


But are you a legend based on views. They are legends based purely off what they have done for the battle world Regardless if there is a group to ignorant to recognize them as such What they've done for battling as a whole cannot be denied.
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bodybag, cats & ice cream, easy, embarassin, go out and meet people, iamout, itsova, loneliness, nowayout, posting here doesn't count as a hobby, scruff mcracist, smack... who is this nigga?, toodamneasy, typicalwhiteshit, waspopin is right and iam white, wass poppin bee


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,554
Threads: 27,185
Posts: 733,730
Total Online: 2503

Newest Member: atysilezy

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 AM.