Battle KOTD - Illmac vs Shox The Rebel l #WD8

View Poll Results: Who won?
Illmac 11 100.00%
Shox The Rebel 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD - Illmac vs Shox The Rebel l #WD8

Last edited by iamHBY; 05-09-2019 at 08:44 PM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Shox had some fire bars, but Greg was flambéing him. The admitted chokes really made this a super easy 3-0. Greg is still one of the best to do this shit. Chokes aside, enjoyable battle.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Illmac 3-0. Hes solidified top 5 of all time imo.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
yeah this ain't a close one.

Illmac is my favourite battler and one of the absolute best imo. i wanna see him vs Lux and rematch with Hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #5
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
yeah this ain't a close one.

Illmac is my favourite battler and one of the absolute best imo. i wanna see him vs Lux and rematch with Hollow.
based on his cooking JC and Hollow taking such a loss vs Math, I think we may actually see this on RBE within say, a year and a half , no?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:00 PM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
based on his cooking JC and Hollow taking such a loss vs Math, I think we may actually see this on RBE within say, a year and a half , no?
I was glad Illmac graced the RBE stage recently. I think he'd do good on URL too. But Illmac vs lux prob makes more sense on RBE
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:52 PM   #7
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illmac is a class act
Old 05-09-2019, 11:54 PM   #8
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I thought Illmac was supposed to make his URL debut this year against either Danny Myers or Brizz Rawsteen. I wouldn't mind seeing him battle again on RBE though, and I do think he deserves a battle with Lux.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:07 AM   #9
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I thought Illmac was supposed to make his URL debut this year against either Danny Myers or Brizz Rawsteen. I wouldn't mind seeing him battle again on RBE though, and I do think he deserves a battle with Lux.
I'll consider boycotting the following url ppv if Smack suggests Ilmac should do a PG
Old 05-10-2019, 03:41 AM   #10
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I was glad Illmac graced the RBE stage recently. I think he'd do good on URL too. But Illmac vs lux prob makes more sense on RBE
illmax v lux

makes sense

on RBE

look I respect you but that's a bit of a wild statement
Old 05-10-2019, 06:09 AM   #11
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
illmax v lux

makes sense

on RBE

look I respect you but that's a bit of a wild statement
How so?

What I'm saying is that if Illmac and Lux battle it makes more sense on RBE than URL.

My logic is that RBE books random matches. And URL has turned into a traveling show.

No hard feelings if we disagree.

I respect you too bro

Last edited by Profess; 05-10-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
I don't disagree with any comments above but holy shit this ground is absolutely horrible
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #13
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The first was pretty close for me. Shox's Pete line was exactly the sort of fire bar that I was hoping from him. Mac had some great material and some horrible material. Probably give this one to Shox.

Round 2 Mac probably won that on the flip alone, lol. His comedy is surprisingly hella underrated. Although I hope they clown Illmac on RYD for the 'needle-nosed scoundrel' set-up!

Round 3. Hahahaha...Shox with the bodybag!!! A Soul bar and a half-round choke FTW.

Even with the chokes, this definitely convinces me that Shox is my favorite in the UK. What he managed to get out showed that this could have been fire, but he lost rounds 2 and 3 pretty clearly. Illmac however is one of the best in the world...
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 05-10-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

It doesn't seem like Shox has adopted a character for battle rap
Old 05-10-2019, 11:10 PM   #15
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
How so?

What I'm saying is that if Illmac and Lux battle it makes more sense on RBE than URL.

My logic is that RBE books random matches. And URL has turned into a traveling show.

No hard feelings if we disagree.

I respect you too bro
could be a weird hunch but I'd be more excited to see Illmac on URL and vexed to see Lux on RBE

i liked seeing Lux on UDUBB of course but I don't like ARP's ehh persona I would find it bizarre seeing him and Lux on the same stage

whereas Illmaculate on URL would be a much bigger look for the culture
Old 05-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #16
iamHBY

Danny, Nitty and Brizz seem to be names for Illmac being floated around on URL. I wouldn't mind him vs. Ill Will or Chef Trez tbh.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:24 AM   #17
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Illmac vs Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:30 AM   #18
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Danny, Nitty and Brizz seem to be names for Illmac being floated around on URL. I wouldn't mind him vs. Ill Will or Chef Trez tbh.
vs Ill Will is a really good call.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #19
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Illmac vs Nitty would be lit
Old 05-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #20
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
vs Ill Will is a really good call.
Hopefully it can happen, that'd be such an insane battle if it were to happen.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:52 PM   #21
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Illmac vs Math
strong idea
Old 05-13-2019, 06:50 AM   #22
StankDaddy

StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Quote:
Illmac vs Math
good match on paper but i think it'd be a Pat vs Head ICE scenario where they're just a bit too cool/respectful of each other for it to be a real fire battle
Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #23
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
good match on paper but i think it'd be a Pat vs Head ICE scenario where they're just a bit too cool/respectful of each other for it to be a real fire battle
Pat vs Ice was fire tho.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:44 PM   #24
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Woefully average/Multisyllabic was used in Dlor vs. Eleagle. Thought I'd point this out.

2-1 Mac (2nd and 3rd).
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:42 AM   #25
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Pat vs Ice was fire tho.
We are red for very different reasons.

That battle was highly entertaining but faaaaaar from fire. No animosity. Best bars were generic (I.e not designed for the specific opponent). ICE was kinda boring tbh
Old 05-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #26
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphoniez View Post
Woefully average/Multisyllabic was used in Dlor vs. Eleagle. Thought I'd point this out.

2-1 Mac (2nd and 3rd).
yeah, didn't he also bite geechi to jc pipsqueak/growth spurt, 6 feet shit? i thought there was another blatant bite in there too but i don't feel like rewatching it

shox is so fuckin hard to follow. he like slows down then speeds up randomly. also LOL @ his hand gestures.

greg did ok

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wd8