mictsekk is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
mictsekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #82
jackrolanta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
jackrolanta is a PY Poster
Solomon has deleted his facebook as well. To be honest I don't blame him, with the amount of hate and disrespect he got after the Mook battle. It's truly fucked up. After the guy gave his heart to this battle shit, that's what people do to him? Just go look at the youtube comments. Or even the comments here. Why should he care about the battle rap when every fan is a fuckin wack faggot. I mean it's pretty pathetic. I mean just go on youtube, people saying die you fat jew, calling him fat, and just dissing the ever loving shit out of him. This was a guy who helped change battle rap. Mook didn't beat him. The terrible smack event, Mook being a terrible battle rapper, and the terrible summer madness crowd. That's what made it wack. Solomon's last battle against E-Ness was body central.

He DESTROYED that guy in the worst way. If fans are going to flip the script and just totally disrespect someone who gave so much to the culture of battle rap, regardless of if he lost the battle or not. He's saying to himself, wow fuck this. People loose battles ALL THE TIME! For some reason, i don't know if it's you new young faggots with no brains, or whatever it is people decided to unleash some serious hatred on Solomon. Not even troll stuff, like telling him he should die hatred and all types of crazy shit.

Last edited by jackrolanta; 04-12-2014 at 09:45 AM.
jackrolanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #83
jackrolanta

People love to live in the past and not evolve. Bring the old, bring the old. You guys who think like that, telling an artist to bring the old person back, will never EVER EVER EVER understand what it means to grow. Dizaster sounds like the same guy he sounded like 8 years ago and about half of the battle rappers of today sound like the same young moron they were years ago too. Lux= an evolved battle rapper. Solomon = an evolved battle rapper. Hollow= A evolved battle rapper, Daylyt = An Evolved battle rapper. Charlie Clips= An evolved battle rapper.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #84
jackrolanta

AND you young dumb dumb's go do your history on Solomon, go look at his co-signs.
Jay Z being one of them, before anyone was getting Co signs from big name rappers, Solomon was getting co-signs from Jay Z and DMC, and many others. Solomon helped bring battle culture to the mainstream. The battle with Math is what blasted smack into another planet with battle Rap. Solomon put in WORK, before cam, during cam, inbetween.

Mook's co-sign was P-DIDDY! AH HA. Need I say more?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #85
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrolanta View Post
AND you young dumb dumb's go do your history on Solomon, go look at his co-signs.
Jay Z being one of them, before anyone was getting Co signs from big name rappers, Solomon was getting co-signs from Jay Z and DMC, and many others. Solomon helped bring battle culture to the mainstream. The battle with Math is what blasted smack into another planet with battle Rap. Solomon put in WORK, before cam, during cam, inbetween.

Mook's co-sign was P-DIDDY! AH HA. Need I say more?

can u give me the link to where jay z co signs iron solomon?
also are u trying to downplay mook getting cosigned by puff daddy?
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #86
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
But think how dangerous it is for him (in his mind), to take a rebound battle, where u know there's a big chance you'll lose (even if he wins, "he was suppose to"). The risk-to-reward for this match up isn't in his favor. Solomon is almost too smart for that. If he was going to come back, I think the classic Solomon move would be to take someone with the biggest popularity that seems like the easiest match up for his style.
On point tbh

He needs to do what he's done all career and just kill another nobody
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #87
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Solomon has deleted his facebook as well. To be honest I don't blame him, with the amount of hate and disrespect he got after the Mook battle. It's truly fucked up. After the guy gave his heart to this battle shit, that's what people do to him? Just go look at the youtube comments. Or even the comments here. Why should he care about the battle rap when every fan is a fuckin wack faggot. I mean it's pretty pathetic. I mean just go on youtube, people saying die you fat jew, calling him fat, and just dissing the ever loving shit out of him. This was a guy who helped change battle rap. Mook didn't beat him. The terrible smack event, Mook being a terrible battle rapper, and the terrible summer madness crowd. That's what made it wack. Solomon's last battle against E-Ness was body central.

He DESTROYED that guy in the worst way. If fans are going to flip the script and just totally disrespect someone who gave so much to the culture of battle rap, regardless of if he lost the battle or not. He's saying to himself, wow fuck this. People loose battles ALL THE TIME! For some reason, i don't know if it's you new young faggots with no brains, or whatever it is people decided to unleash some serious hatred on Solomon. Not even troll stuff, like telling him he should die hatred and all types of crazy shit.
I respect your passion about the subject, but I so think there's valid distaste for his mook performance. The crowd didn't make it trash, he did tbh. He's done much better

As for Ness, I always felt Ness took it, so there's at least room for debate on that.. But he put out a much better performance in that one. Wish people wouldn't personally diss the guy
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #88
Bigzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
"I'm not gon rap 'bout ya background or origin! I'mma rap 'bout the black cloud that's wrapped round ur aura, Jin"

^^One of the greatest opening lines
word that shit was dope
Old 04-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #89
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
I respect your passion about the subject, but I so think there's valid distaste for his mook performance. The crowd didn't make it trash, he did tbh. He's done much better
Yes, but the same holds for Mook I suppose ... the guy was talking more than he was rapping and half his lines didn't even rhyme
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #90
barz2AM
NawmSayin

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
barz2AM is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mictsekk View Post
can somebody quote poison pen on this?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #91
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post

can u give me the link to where jay z co signs iron solomon?
I'm pretty sure Solomon tells the Jay Z story in this somewhere. I can't be bothered to watch it again to find where. Horrendously boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSdcp_-Vw-0

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #92
Bigzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
I'm pretty sure Solomon tells the Jay Z story in this somewhere. I can't be bothered to watch it again to find where. Horrendously boring

I want the link to where Jay z is cosigning Iron solomon!
not a vid of iron solomon telling how jay z consigned him smh.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #93
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post

I want the link to where Jay z is cosigning Iron solomon!
not a vid of iron solomon telling how jay z consigned him smh.
basically he tells some story about running into him on the street in NY somewhere, and he goes oh snap its Jay Z and Jay Z goes "hey, Iron Solomon, you're cool too".

It was filmed by paparazzi but then Jay Z shot the guy

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #94
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
I heard he owns/runs a landscaping or construction business or something like that in Brooklyn. Not sure if its true, but I remember hearing that a while back.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #95
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
But think how dangerous it is for him (in his mind), to take a rebound battle, where u know there's a big chance you'll lose (even if he wins, "he was suppose to"). The risk-to-reward for this match up isn't in his favor. Solomon is almost too smart for that. If he was going to come back, I think the classic Solomon move would be to take someone with the biggest popularity that seems like the easiest match up for his style.
also lets not pretend that the west coast or canadian crowd wouldnt gas up every corny line he said
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #96
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
Solomon was great. An incredibly pivotal piece in terms of this being a "movement". He was really skilled and entertaining as well. For whatever reason he also seemed to be polarizing in that many fans tended to hate on him and have a strong dislike for him (never really understood why, as he always appeared to be nothing but humble in my opinion). Lux, Mook, Nems, Math Hoffa, and a lot of the other classic street rapper New York guys were all huge fans of Solomon for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by gregrieke20; 04-12-2014 at 01:59 PM.
gregrieke20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #97
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.V.L. View Post
Probably when he iced Jin. Shirt and Tie and Flamez battles were dope. I thought he lost to Math.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKgPWU4QycM

what a fail attempt at mainstream

somebody needs some fresco mentoring
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #98
LastOne

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
LastOne is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.V.L. View Post
Probably when he iced Jin. Shirt and Tie and Flamez battles were dope. I thought he lost to Math.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKgPWU4QycM
wow what the fuck was that?
LastOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #99
SWJames

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
SWJames is a PY Poster
Just say it already. Iron Solomon wasn't shit EVER. It's 2014. Rewatch videos of any white dude back in 2010 and take them back to when Iron had all those shots. Dude was shit. It applies to most entertainment. He popped off when YouTube was gaining momentum and created all these "stars". YouTube got bigger and of course reality sets in. He's popularity is his demise. Having him in the Fresh Coast would be a good look for HIM, not the FC.

On a side note, I blame dudes gassing his bars in grizzle and on Mook not really sealing the coffin to this white hope.
SWJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #100
FreshToDeath ಠ_ಠ
︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──

FreshToDeath ಠ_ಠ is a PY Poster
hope hes doing well wherever he is.

he made me a fan

people have no respect it seems lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZRA View Post
Battle rap is so fucking weird.
FreshToDeath ಠ_ಠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #101
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post

19:40 around there he mentions it ..
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #102
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Solomon was one of the best battlers in 2006/2007, but by opportunistically murking (no pun intended) freestylers, he put himself on a higher pedestal than he should have been on, so people, like me, opposed Solomon for being overrated. Solomon was never as skilful as Illmaculate/Thesaurus, but his assets were conviction, catchy & memorable insults, apt choice of references, varied cadences.

In the beginning of the Mook battle Solomon was actually doing fine, but then he started talking about Mook boarding a flight and going to college, and it was all downhill from there. I hope Iron returns, the Mook battle was no way to bid us farewell. Even Canibus is gonna redeem himself before Iron at this rate.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #103
Brown Recluse

Brown Recluse is a PY Poster
Canibus all in mouth son...its all good tho...he knows yall secretly worship him...hahahaha...fickle muthafuckaz
Brown Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #104
baldjewishman
Jewish Dilemma = Free Ham

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
baldjewishman is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
forealtho-classic case
rapper builds entire name off of battling and basically only exists in that realm
rapper tells himself this translates to the ability to sell records/be successful in music
rapper sucks at music but fails to realize it yet is exploding in battling popularity
rapper takes popularity as universal and switches to music full time and noone cares

this is usually where it ends but in the case of Solomon:

he got an offer he couldn't refuse in a time where he was in the mode of writing sappy weird self-actualization songs and thought he could get that check real quick in between time(SM2) and seemlessly switch back into batttle mode-he was wrong
after his death ,he had a stage of depression where he realized some of the things I mentioned previously about him and that he essentially just destroyed his legacy in the only realm that he mattered in
thus-disappearance
He honestly didn't destroy his legacy by any measure. He just made an error in judgment in thinking that the correct tact to take with Mook was to try to "let his nuts hang" so to speak, and match Mook in the role of "bully". That was a mistake. He should have played the role he has always played in battle rap, which is that of ridiculer. That's what the crowd was expecting from him, and when they didn't get it, they flipped on him.

That being said, there have been plenty of battle emcees who have made precisely the same mistake and come back from it easily. The key, methinks, is to come back period. Just jump right back on that horse and take another battle. Just brush it off and keep it movin'. The longer the interim period between the loss and your next battle, the more you let others know that the loss actually hurt you.

Essentially, I'm saying that what's really hurting his legacy is his silence. If he came back and did another battle, I'm pretty sure people would be instantly gargling his shaft again.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #105
WALSH81189

WALSH81189 is not the worst person
Im kinda surprised he said he was done with battling AND music , I think Lush said on AngryFan Radio that he had discussed future music but they didn't speak about battling , i could be wrong . I hope he comes back with at least ONE more battle , he said in that blog right after SM2 with Charlie Clips that he was gonna have to jump back in the ring a little sooner than he thought being the nook battle didn't go the way he expected .

Last edited by WALSH81189; 04-13-2014 at 08:40 PM.
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #106
Topgunz

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Topgunz is not the worst person
Quote:

I am now more interested in knowing your blood pressure reading after this post.
Topgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #107
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrieke20 View Post
I heard he owns/runs a landscaping or construction business or something like that in Brooklyn. Not sure if its true, but I remember hearing that a while back.
I thought it was an event production company or something more similar to that. I remember it had a website and all.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #108
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
The Saurus was on battle addict and explained the Iron Solomon thing already

Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #109
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1187 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
He owns a pretty succesful biz and last i talked to him he said he was completely done with both battling and music.

i wanted to see illmac vs solomon
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #110
since83
Stay focused

since83 is a PY Poster
Once he got fat as fuck he became delusional.
This is the internet, where we separate the lamb from the killers So if you don't wanna see the ass of a n*gga A pic of a man on the shitter Or a dude abusing an animal litter BITCH STOP WATCHING CALICOE'S TWITTER-
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vapehop
"he literally 3-0'd tech in the 1st and then blessed us with 2 rounds of street poetry that would make saul williams curl up and die inside erykah badu's deep pussy. "
since83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #111
since83
Stay focused

since83 is a PY Poster
But honestly, If what Avocado is saying is true then let him be. Im sure no one wants to battle for fucking ever. He lost interest and decided to move on. Its only natural to want something else in life at some point..
This is the internet, where we separate the lamb from the killers So if you don't wanna see the ass of a n*gga A pic of a man on the shitter Or a dude abusing an animal litter BITCH STOP WATCHING CALICOE'S TWITTER-
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vapehop
"he literally 3-0'd tech in the 1st and then blessed us with 2 rounds of street poetry that would make saul williams curl up and die inside erykah badu's deep pussy. "
since83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #112
larry word
have no constraints

Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
larry word is not the worst person
i love battling and battling culture
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #113
JarrellOC

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
JarrellOC is not the worst person
Quote:
It feels great. At risk of sounding like one of "those people"... Macklemore's my dude. We've got a couple joints together, every time I see him it's all love (not SAME love, but, ya know). We've toured together... he's genuinely a good dude. Smart and always been a stand out, his live show game has always been dope as fuck. Plus he blew up doing exactly what he's always done, him. As far as I'm concerned can't nobody tell him shit lol. Shit's inspiring to me.

Macklemore is an inspiration to me both musically and to my sobriety
JarrellOC is offline   Reply With Quote