Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Music Frak - Small Talk (feat. Watsky)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
Seanzo
We in here
 
Seanzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,487
Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Frak - Small Talk (feat. Watsky)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
Its called battle rap, not battle skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:00 AM   #2
Nikolas34520
Registered User
 
Nikolas34520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
I'll give it a listen, saw it on hiphopdx before
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
I'll give it a listen, saw it on hiphopdx before
Me too
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:56 AM   #4
iamHBY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,300
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dope song, cool looking video.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:16 AM   #5
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Dope song, cool looking video.
thanks michael
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:59 AM   #6
idealaedi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
Watskys verse was greatness. As a rapper I strive to write something that good, but at the end of the day nobody's going to care about this song or how good his verse is. It's a shame. Frak you also two thumbs up. you somehow rhymed mf doom and yelp review. Fuego.
idealaedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:03 AM   #7
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
Watskys verse was greatness. As a rapper I strive to write something that good, but at the end of the day nobody's going to care about this song or how good his verse is. It's a shame. Frak you also two thumbs up. you somehow rhymed mf doom and yelp review. Fuego.
thanks g!
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:47 AM   #8
RickyProehl
RickyWatters
 
RickyProehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: queens ny
Posts: 4,375
Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Ok i like frak a lot i like the dbd show but here's my thing

Im pretty young born in 90 but i find refrences to social media/lingo adopted by it the absolute corniest bc i associate it with what i dislike about this new generation

I do however have tinder bumble and a fake facebook

In closing the only thing cornier than some of the culture that has developed around the fantasy land that is social media is rapping about it the only thing i hate more than someone saying IG or DM is when someones first round has the word tweet in it etc.

Edit: social medias the worst recent societal development imo its a disaster and if this trend continues the next generation will continue trending toward functional illiteracy
__________________

Rip ux9

Last edited by RickyProehl; 11-29-2016 at 05:00 AM.
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:06 AM   #9
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Ok i like frak a lot i like the dbd show but here's my thing

Im pretty young born in 90 but i find refrences to social media/lingo adopted by it the absolute corniest bc i associate it with what i dislike about this new generation

I do however have tinder bumble and a fake facebook

In closing the only thing cornier than some of the culture that has developed around the fantasy land that is social media is rapping about it the only thing i hate more than someone saying IG or DM is when someones first round has the word tweet in it etc.

Edit: social medias the worst recent societal development imo its a disaster and if this trend continues the next generation will continue trending toward functional illiteracy
i feel u but then u shud probably like this song since its a critique of social media
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 AM   #10
mike rigs
#trusttheplug
 
mike rigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
the most interesting thing to me is that a viral internet rapper was on the track, but wasnt even in the video, and that his verse seemed very detached from the rest of the song, (even tho the subject matter was the same) Conceptually that actually goes well with the tone of the song. I'm going to assume that was a conscious decision. If so, i like where this is going.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #11
riffic
RYD ;
 
riffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: apartment c above the gogo spot
Posts: 10,872
Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
the most interesting thing to me is that a viral internet rapper was on the track, but wasnt even in the video, and that his verse seemed very detached from the rest of the song, (even tho the subject matter was the same) Conceptually that actually goes well with the tone of the song. I'm going to assume that was a conscious decision. If so, i like where this is going.
I took it as Watsky not being around to shoot the video lol

they did a good job of filling the gap
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #12
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
the most interesting thing to me is that a viral internet rapper was on the track, but wasnt even in the video, and that his verse seemed very detached from the rest of the song, (even tho the subject matter was the same) Conceptually that actually goes well with the tone of the song. I'm going to assume that was a conscious decision. If so, i like where this is going.
*pretends im this profound and says yes*
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #13
Coma
VIP
 
Coma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
This shit is low key deep as fuck. There's vulnerability and a heavy dose of zeitgeist in this. Love it.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:37 PM   #14
SketchMenace
VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
SketchMenace is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak View Post
i feel u but then u shud probably like this song since its a critique of social media
really dope track and message but i gotta agree. i find anything revolving around social media culture patronizing for some reason.
SketchMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #15
ux9 u so fine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,184
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
I actually heard a song playing from sum1s car at the beach , it stuck w/ me and looked it up , turns out its a watsky song ,

the only song from him I know , I think I fix w it

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #16
ux9 u so fine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,184
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
k well regarding the song in OP :

thought the vide was real dope except that they kept cutting to shots of frak rapping like in front of graffiti and doing rappery hand movements with hoodie and jean s on ;

the video was real nice with good editing , there was no need to see frak in there ; I mean he's not hot , has absolutely no style ; nobody wanna look at him (for AT LEAST those 2 reason s )

beat was decent , fraks rapping was actually good I liked it , just didn't wanna look at him being all plain and boring ; watskt idk his music too much but he sounded a lot like mac lethals gay Ass which annoyed the sht out of me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #17
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
This shit is low key deep as fuck. There's vulnerability and a heavy dose of zeitgeist in this. Love it.
means a lot bro! unblock me on fb man! lol
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #18
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchMenace View Post
really dope track and message but i gotta agree. i find anything revolving around social media culture patronizing for some reason.
feel u 100%, thanks for peepin mayn.
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:07 PM   #19
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
k well regarding the song in OP :

thought the vide was real dope except that they kept cutting to shots of frak rapping like in front of graffiti and doing rappery hand movements with hoodie and jean s on ;

the video was real nice with good editing , there was no need to see frak in there ; I mean he's not hot , has absolutely no style ; nobody wanna look at him (for AT LEAST those 2 reason s )

beat was decent , fraks rapping was actually good I liked it , just didn't wanna look at him being all plain and boring ; watskt idk his music too much but he sounded a lot like mac lethals gay Ass which annoyed the sht out of me
yeah made that same realization after filming the video, i wish we got more footage of the emoji homie so i could have taken my part out completely.
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #20
ux9 u so fine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,184
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
the whole idea of the song is about social media and internet shut , no ?

why would u ruin the video with shots of some random dude being boring in front of graffiti ?

idk ; ruined the whole video ; I 1watched 2wice to see if my 1rst reaction was an overreaction but naw I feel the same way ;

dont put boring clips in your video if they're boring

if frak was hot (hes not even halfway cute , he's not UGLY (which actually would have helped ) but it doesn't hell the concept of the video for me to be seeing some candy wrapper rapping in front of graffiti
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #21
ux9 u so fine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,184
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
my bad for harping on negativity , I passed out half way thru typing that comment and woke up just now and finished it up ; didn't see the homie frak replied to the 1rst 1 ;
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:05 AM   #22
Frak
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Frak is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
the whole idea of the song is about social media and internet shut , no ?

why would u ruin the video with shots of some random dude being boring in front of graffiti ?

idk ; ruined the whole video ; I 1watched 2wice to see if my 1rst reaction was an overreaction but naw I feel the same way ;

dont put boring clips in your video if they're boring

if frak was hot (hes not even halfway cute , he's not UGLY (which actually would have helped ) but it doesn't hell the concept of the video for me to be seeing some candy wrapper rapping in front of graffiti
gotta disagree with u on that one. im beyond cute.
Frak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:53 AM   #23
bobbylight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,541
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
I am so happy you mentioned IPA's. Holy fuck drinking some cheap beer is looked down on like being racist in some circles.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:19 AM   #24
riffic
RYD ;
 
riffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: apartment c above the gogo spot
Posts: 10,872
Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
ain't no such thing as halfway cute!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:15 AM   #25
averagejoe
 
averagejoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,864
Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
nasty #juju
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:17 AM   #26
averagejoe
 
averagejoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,864
Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
lol frak some british ppl sound american when they sing

ur doing it backwards :S u sound like prof green

averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
juju


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,538
Threads: 27,044
Posts: 732,027
Total Online: 1448

Newest Member: Old School

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Casual
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.