View Poll Results: Who won?
SonnyDaze 2 13.33%
Dank Schrader 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #41
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Shout out to @Dank Schrader and everyone that peeped. Dank remains a god damn BEAST. Flow, punches, content- dude continues to step his game up every vid he drops.

Def underestimated Dank's writing and I think it made some of the holes in my verse standout more than I expected. Shit was fun though. Hope to do another one of these after RBL ends.

Real shit though, gonna beat Dank's ass if he doesn't tryout for DF this year.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #42
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Sick battle both, New York vs West Yorkshire always gonna be interesting.

Dank, seriously get that DF tryout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:01 AM   #43
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
alright fresh off the rewatch. I did think that sonny was a little more creative in this and mixed up the structure and flow pretty well through the verse. I coulda done without the cartman and OH OH OH face bars. I don't mind mixin in humor but just bein honest I didn't really find it all that funny so it just kinda felt awkward.

dank was just relentless in this as soon as he got goin there were no real noticeable pauses or stumbles just bar after bar after bar. Reading it on paper, I might edge towards sonny, but dank really just raps so well that it makes the average bars sound nice and the really good bars sound even better.

Gotta give another W to dank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #44
friedtable

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
friedtable is a PY Poster
This was a really good battle, props to both these cats.

I feel like Sonny rapped with a more laid back style/not as aggressive. Basically he rapped like he was sitting infront of the camera (which he is obviously). Meanwhile Dank rapped like he was actually in the ring with Sonny if you know what I mean. Felt like Dank had more "performance" which is weird to say for a cam battle but yeah.

As for the material I think they were about equal. Dug sonny's stuff a TAD bit more but Dank's stuff was extremely impressive as well.

In terms of rapping ability, Sonny had nice flow changes and good delivery but Dank displayed there was a decent gap between the 2 in this respect. Dank really impressed me with how well he actually executed the first.

I got Dank in a very tight battle.
friedtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #45
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
you right see that's why I like both these cats cause ones laid back and the other is aggressive. I like to do both these types of styles myself so big ups to these two.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:59 AM   #46
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
bump.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:59 PM   #47
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I really really liked this shit wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #48
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Okay, you're finally getting my short little breakdown waaaayyy after the fact.

This was a really entertaining battle. I thought Dank got it clearly, but Sonny was pretty dope too. I didn't think he was great, but he had his moments. That outta Leeds/leads wordplay was filthy. Sonny's flow was kinda hit or miss though. There were places where it was really on point ("If I ain't feelin' him" to "I'm brilliant"), but the delivery just seemed off in some places (the urinal bar, for example). And any weakness in the flow/delivery department really stands out against someone like Dank.

I thought this was probably Dank's best performance to date. The way he structures his bars is just too ill. That doesn't always come across as well in text battles, but it really stands out here. Plus the bars were on point. I loved the Mayan temple line. It's hard to do Son/sun flips without them seeming stale, but this one really worked for me. And that "Always Sunny" shit was bonkers. I loved the Queens head double meaning too. It's just really impressive how Dank can keep the same multi going with internal rhymes and still has strong punches spread throughout. He doesn't punch as frequently as some guys, but all the other stuff Dank does is pretty much unmatched in this format.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:41 AM   #49
Memphis
Coon

Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Memphis is not the worst person
Dank with the easy body after a couple of listens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags