Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Chilla got robbed against real deal

Old 01-14-2020, 04:28 AM   #1
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up Chilla got robbed against real deal

More obvious white washing from the king of the dot staff. Chilla very clearly won again. I don't understand how anyone could say otherwise. I think chillas style is just so overhead that none of the white judges were able to understand his material.

Guess we get charron vs real deal next.
RandallFlagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
Ayo!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ayo! is not the worst person
Shouldn't have robbed Rone vs. Head Ice. Would have eliminated this entire situation in the first place. KOTD robbed a couple dudes for Ice's boring old flow. That was when shit really turned downwards.
Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
You’re a fucking idiot my dude
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:19 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Chilla was actually not completely terrible for once =/= win.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
and PoRich got robbed v Disaster, Bender got robbed v Sketch Menace, etc. etc.
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #6
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
twice tbh
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
I understand battle rap is subjective so obviously debatables can go either way based on who the judges are but KOTDs decision making in this regard has always been fucking laughable tbh. I disagree with more outcomes than I agree with and it ain't close, it isn't exclusive to title matches either, alot of the grand prix decisions in the past I thought were wrong too. It consistently seems like they're picking who they wanted to win rather than who actually won for whatever reason. I'm not saying there's some stupid conspiracy or anything that tinfoily, but it happens regularly enough that it just seems strange they consistently have outcomes that wrong lol.

Last edited by ThaDiz; 01-14-2020 at 03:53 PM.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
They should just bin off the title. It’s worthless anyway
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:39 PM   #9
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowposter View Post
They should just bin off the title. Itís worthless anyway
yep, desperate pandering - whatever happened to justÖ. hip-hop?
Old 01-15-2020, 01:59 AM   #10
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Surprised so many disagree. Most title matches have been debatable to me and if debatable I don't mind if the result goes against the guy I thought won.

Also most people judge off the Youtube footage and that is not how the battles are judged. The battles are judged live. Results like Diz vs. Rich (Not sure why people think Rich is at all pleasant to the ears, but w/e) and Bender vs Sketch (I heard from a lot of reputable sources his chokes were a lot worse than the brief stumble on video), for example, make a lot more sense when you remember that.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 01-15-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:01 AM   #11
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowposter View Post
They should just bin off the title. It’s worthless anyway
It's worth it simply for the ridiculousness of the whole thing. Who the fuck would start a post about the result of Chilla... vs. Real Deal... if it wasn't for the title?!? RandallFlag actually felt inspired enough by a Chilla Jones battle to make an entire thread about it. If it hadn't have been for the title match part, this was a totally skippable battle that noone would ever discuss again.

Last edited by Emancee; 01-15-2020 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:23 AM   #12
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
It's worth it simply for the ridiculousness of the whole thing. Who the fuck would start a post about the result of Chilla... vs. Real Deal... if it wasn't for the title?!? RandallFlag actually felt inspired enough by a Chilla Jones battle to make an entire thread about it. If it hadn't have been for the title match part, this was a totally skippable battle that noone would ever discuss again.
I think yr onto something, and I think how forced some of the matches have been have been unintentional wasteful of potential - say Pat Stay v Illmac
Old 01-15-2020, 07:12 AM   #13
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
I think yr onto something, and I think how forced some of the matches have been have been unintentional wasteful of potential - say Pat Stay v Illmac
That's a good point for sure. Pat Stay vs Illmac should have been amazing. Hope they rematch sometime. Another one that bizarrely was trash was Tez vs ICE, both had been on a tear until then and for sure reason it was a trainwreck.

I think Organik's attempts at legitimizing the chain was a big problem. He seemed to book names without thinking how they'd match up.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:48 PM   #14
LukeWaltonisGoat
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayo! View Post
Shouldn't have robbed Rone vs. Head Ice. Would have eliminated this entire situation in the first place. KOTD robbed a couple dudes for Ice's boring old flow. That was when shit really turned downwards.
If you think Rone beat ice then youíre right in line with the OPís theory. 3rd round angle about Ice isnít as successful as Romeís father completely ignoring white privilege. Randallís right this shit is turning into kkkotd
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #15
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Chilla had some painfully bad stuff in both.
RD clowning on the eye scheme won it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #16
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
That's a good point for sure.
thanks, granted sometimes matches crap out that aren't title matches as well.

maybe I'm a scrooge or a snob or something but man, I can't imagine people feeling anything positive or authentic about this whole "battle-rap-league-chain-champion". I don't see how getting people engaged with battle rap through making it "competitive" adds to the art, it seems more just an attempt to capitalize on it
Old 01-15-2020, 06:40 PM   #17
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Factually impossible based on the fact Chilla has literally never said anything tight at all

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #18
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
not even watched it yet , if you wanna know how much i care about seeing chilla vs real deal for a third time
Old 01-15-2020, 10:24 PM   #19
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Good point hahaha, didnít think of that!
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #20
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
Factually impossible based on the fact Chilla has literally never said anything tight at all
follow you with the chopper like a high-speed chase was not tight?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #21
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
ya, not a Chilla fan at all, but his three rounds v JC are flawless
Old 01-16-2020, 01:02 AM   #22
Ayo!

Ayo! is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
If you think Rone beat ice then youíre right in line with the OPís theory. 3rd round angle about Ice isnít as successful as Romeís father completely ignoring white privilege. Randallís right this shit is turning into kkkotd
Hey, Noah. How's Mrs. Weston doing?

Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:09 AM   #23
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
weirdly, this is pretty much insane social justice warrior nonsense. Genuinely surprising for a forum like this.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:35 AM   #24
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Nah Op's theory is flawed, cause if the judges don't understand Chilla, how in the hell are they going to understand Ice lol.If you didn't watch some of the movies he quotes, which some judges probably didn't, good luck with that. And plenty of black people who are actual hip hop heads, have no idea what Ice is talking about at times tbf. It's actually the opposite, they were praying for any black battler to actually give a shit about the chain in the first place.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #25
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Its decent esp for chiller. Im sure it has a horrible setup making it shitty but thats like a bare mininum punch.

Y'all can tell the chopper dumpin when it soak u mid-fire like a helicopter bucket

That one by mousey is better imo but chopper bars are meh

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #26
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The thought of Chilla going over someone's head is hilarious and frightening at the same time
JR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:28 PM   #27
timesup

timesup is not the worst person
chillas bars go over my head every time I tune his ass out zzzzz
timesup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:38 PM   #28
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Its decent esp for chiller. Im sure it has a horrible setup making it shitty but thats like a bare mininum punch.
How could you not know bars from a top 10 battle that includes a person you are obsessed with?
but just for accuracy it was:

see this? this the try me face, get yo life erased
the pencil style like a stencil how yo body traced
when I peep inside that jeep you drive and I see papes
I'ma follow you wit that chopper like a high speed chase
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:19 AM   #29
irvsykeg

Yes that is hilariously terrible overall and the punch is super basic. That would legit be a throwawayish bar i think of taking a shit and post on my fb without setups

Why would I have his setup and bars memorized? He is terrible and I don't watch his battles

Only thing notable about that battle is how I obviously it is that JC didn't write the material

Old 01-20-2020, 03:05 AM   #30
Emancee

Quote:
Only thing notable about that battle is how I obviously it is that JC didn't write the material
JC was on a tear back in those days. As boring as he is now, JC's pen game was flames when he first got good. His problem is that the super dense writing he used to do was only good on the small stage, so he had to change it for the big stage. He got confused and stuck between styles so ended up just being awful.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #31
irvsykeg

Yeah or he didn't write it lol

Old 01-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #32
irvsykeg

People literally only quote his battle with chiller if you call out JC for being trash. And you're saying if he rapped that verse on a bigger stage, nobody would dig it? LOL ok

But agree to disagree this isnt an entertaining debate

Old 01-20-2020, 06:30 AM   #33
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
People literally only quote his battle with chiller if you call out JC for being trash. And you're saying if he rapped that verse on a bigger stage, nobody would dig it? LOL ok

first chilla, now jc? lol dude just admit you don't like rappers who debatably beat illmac. jc is a top 10 writer in this scene.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #34
irvsykeg

You aren't clever enough to troll me ya lil weasel

Old 01-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #35
irvsykeg

http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=735966&postcount=4

Illmacs performance vs chilla is ur 2017 highlight and you think JC is generic. U cant troll the master, pea brain

Old 01-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #36
Emancee

Quote:

Reread what I wrote my G.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #37
irvsykeg

Read it fine the first time i am just disagreeing entirely because its horseshit and silly

Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #38
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
You aren't clever enough to troll me ya lil weasel
Quote:
http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=735966&postcount=4

Illmacs performance vs chilla is ur 2017 highlight and you think JC is generic. U cant troll the master, pea brain
definitely some projection goin on here

Last edited by peace; 01-20-2020 at 03:32 PM.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:55 PM   #39
Emancee

Quote:
Read it fine the first time i am just disagreeing entirely because its horseshit and silly
Your argument has literally almost nothing to do with my post, lol. It's not that important though, I guess you just needed to vent.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:19 AM   #40
irvsykeg

No, you just aren't saying anything that makes any sense. It's retarded speculation that isn't likely at all. But ignoring that, I'm saying that the "dense writing" lol in chilla would've absolutely killed on the big stages because it's absolutely his most well-received material. People still quote it.

Show me where he wrote as well as that battle and fans didn't like it on the big stages

Tags