Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Don't Flop 7BW recap

Old 11-16-2015, 04:24 AM   #1
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Don't Flop 7BW recap

No BW's go by without Nick Vayne recaps.

Still a little sore from Oshea's bearhug but let's get into this. When we got there the venue was already packed. There was hardly any room to stand and trying to get outside took a good 10 minutes each time. They had 3 major screens showing the battles at the bar, which was in a different room, really nice touch imo.
There were also 2 screens in the same room the battles were in so that even the people at the back could follow everything that happened.

We walked in during Heretic vs Craft-D. They had a nice back & forth and got the crowd rocking with them. I think this was the only judged battle of the weekend and Heretic won.

Next was Dialect vs Gemini . Dialect seemed to be the clear favourite for most but Gemini wasn't having that. He rapped better, joked better, had incredible bars and did a grime scheme in Dialect's style.. but better. Dialect wasn't bad but this was the clearest 3-0 of the weekend. Best performance all weekend too.

Juan vs Charron was real good. It's debatable if you don't like Charron but I had him at least take the first two. Juan got serious in the third and might've gotten that round.
He had an incredible flip and some personal stuff about Charron apparently spooning random sleeping women.

Uno vs Pedro started off good but got weird at the end. Pedro didn't seem to be on his game this weekend but still had a fair amount of Pedro-like bars. Uno is probably the best entertainer in battlerap, I don't think he said anything hot in his 2nd round but he worked the crowd like magic and got it based off that alone.
There was some hat throwing by both and Uno brought JR Slander with a mop on his head to the stage and said it was Pedro's mom.
Pedro threw the mop in the crowd and tried to rip dude's shirt. Uno&Pedro got in each others face and there was some tension. Then Mac Sherry jumped on the stage and tried to 'EMC' Pedro's mom but failed.

Raptor vs Pass was good though I was dissapointed in Pass. Really hoped he'd go off and spazz on Raptor but he kept it calm. Have to watch it back but I think Raptor edged this one.

Oshea vs Kid Twist was everything you could ever want out of this battle. Both were on their funny shit and killed it all 3 rounds. Crowd loved it too.
Best battle of the weekend according to most people I spoke.

Shuffle vs K Shine
Apparently Shine was at the venue but noone recognized him in his blond wig. He obliterated Shuffle.

Fresco vs Cruger was not what I expected it to be. Maybe the expectations were a little too high based on their previous performances but I felt like it was missing something. It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but not as much of a classic as it could've been.
Gotta watch this back too but it might be Cruger's first loss in God knows how long.

Semi main event was Soul vs Caustic.
Oh man what a massacre. Not that he got bodied by bars per say (though he lost every round) but he bodied himself by falling apart at the exact time he tried to get personal. He brought up a dead relative of Caustic but started stuttering and choked his entire round after Caustic stopped joking around and looked him dead in his eyes. Caustic got the crowd rocking with him getting personal in the third, it wasn't Jeffy P type personal but still pretty fucking harsh.
You know Soul got killed when even @Dank Schrader can admit he got 3-0'd. Real good battle overall.

2 impromptu battles:
DNA vs Pedro 4bars back-to-back. Watched it in the bar and it was bad. I think Pedro even got boo'd halfway through but I'm not sure. Can't believe I'm going with DNA for the win here.

Cee vs Cortez - 1 rounder
Cee did really good. Should've gotten him a real battle (or at least a real opponent). Cortez was extra bad, highlight of his round was the guy in the crowd who yelled "YOURE NOT WORTH" right before "that top tier money" during Cortez' slogan. Truer words have never been spoken.

Shotty vs Clips was one giant clusterfuck.
Clips got flown out and didn't feel like writing again so he freestyled about the event, the venue etc and had the nerve to let DNA, Cortez & Chilla on the stage and do his round for him.
I guess Shotty felt disrespected (and rightfully so) so he brought his crew up on the stage too.
There were alot of boos (presumably for Clips), people in the bar started booing too and it didn't seem like it was getting any better after that so we left.

Didn't really matter though as I'm not a fan of both and wasn't expecting much anyway. The rest of the day more than made up for the lackluster ending.

Day 2

A lot less crowded this day which was a blessing.

They started with the soundclash between Sleepy G & Kade, a breath of fresh air and a really good way to get the crowd going. Not quite sure how the rounds worked exactly but they went back and forth with some mixes and ended with 2 mc's in the ring spitting over their beats. They did a lot of shittalking in between which the crowd seemed to like. Thought they both did good but had Sleepy edging overall.

Shox vs Lu Cipher. Second time I've seen Lu and man, this guy is just not good at all. Shox had a couple of solid punches throughout his first two round and got it even with his choke in the 3rd. He's like a slightly taller Unan.

Soljitsu vs 100 Bulletz. Now that was fucking great, Bulletz in the UK is really something special. They both did a lot of father/son lines and then Bulletz just went crazy in the third and barred out. Sol was good but ultimately couldnt keep up. No associative wordplay schemes by 100 this time.

Caustic/Pass vs Pedro/Oshea
Great light-hearted battle as expected. Oshea was still in top form from the day before and smashed it. Caustic/Pass started their second off by telling them they had a different approach but we're just going to do the same as Pedroshea and start bullshitting, which they are apparently awesome at. Uncle Jimmy is the real MVP here.

Impact vs Tech9
Went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised by Impact's first. Had an angle about Tech9 not being the real Tech N9ne and leeching of another man's name after which he pointed out the irony in Tech doing time for forgery. Good shit.
Tech had delivery, that was pretty much it.

Another impromptu battle:
Arkaic... Yes
Vssssss Cortez fucking again

Needless to say Cortez got bodied again. Goddamn this guy is horrible. Ark was really impressive on short notice and saved this battle.

Deffinition vs DNA
Both were entertaining for different reasons.
DNA did a couple of bars and proudly pointed out how they all made sense and the very next bar, I shit you not, his set-up was "I'm rapping your father".
He had another, even worse, set-up to start his 3rd but I blocked it out.
Deff clowned him as expected but went a little light on him. Still really funny and Deff on an off day is still light years better than a good DNA.
He also had the audacity to call Deff the defintion of played out.

Unanymous vs Big T
Big T had a good first but it got one-sided after that.
Unan lost the weight but got more well rounded in return. He had better delivery, bars and clowned on him for his weight and trying to mack this chick from viewpoint (the one Charron supposedly secretly spooned), shut down the crowd when he went in on her.

Chilla vs Tony
Again, good first from Chilla but that was it. Tony was consistent throughout and though I don't get the hype or catch a lot of his references he had some good bars in there. I spoke to Nils after and he called it the first time Chilla got decisively beat, which I might have to agree with.

The real main event though was outside the venue:
Quill vs Charlie Clips in a one-rounder
Quill is just so crazy when he's on its ridiculous. Guy is vastly underrated. Clips is entertaining in these types of settings and though I couldn't help facepalm a couple of times this was definitely a great battle.
The atmosphere for this was nuts too, it was in front of the venue with people standing on tables and chairs just to get a glimpse of the circle and battlers, had a kinda highschool cafeteria-battle kinda vibe. Battle of the night probably.

I heard 3 Rhonda Rousey bars tonight and a Paris one. Shoutout to current events for happening.

That was it I think. Another great Birthday event by Don't Flop.

Last edited by Nick Vayne; 11-16-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:36 AM   #2
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Fuck the guy who did that Paris bar. Exploiting tragedies for punchlines <<<<<
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:52 AM   #3
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Fuck the guy who did that Paris bar. Exploiting tragedies for punchlines <<<<<
Well you're gonna get desperate for some reaction.. any reaction.. when you're getting bodied twice in two days.
Karma's a bitch cause he choked on the line too iirc.

Spoiler
It was Cortez
Old 11-16-2015, 04:55 AM   #4
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Can you paraphrase the line?

And Nils was there? He shoulda done an impromptu battle instead lol.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:00 AM   #5
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Spoiler
It was Cortez
LMAO, not surprised at all.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:12 AM   #6
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Can you paraphrase the line?

And Nils was there? He shoulda done an impromptu battle instead lol.
That's what I told him too but he keeps claiming he can't freestyle like that in English and he just had two major battles in Norwegian so he didn't have the time (or the leftover bars).

The line was something like "two guns terrorise ur town... see what a pair is/Paris."(shamelessly stole this from battlerap.com)
Old 11-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #7
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
Thanks for the recap bro!

"I'm rapping your father" is the greatest. Might even be better than the infamous time flies loud or machete spray.

Seems like overall a lot of these rappers came light or worse.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:38 AM   #8
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
appreciate the effort but you have shit opinions on who wins battles and whats good so thanks for the recap but i'll hold judgement til viewing.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:13 AM   #9
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
No BW's go by without Nick Vayne recaps
unfortunately

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:28 AM   #10
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tittyfuckin is not the worst person
People say Caustic 3-0'd Soul but only because Soul stumbled so much. Nothing Caustic said hit hard live and I just watched it back and I think it's even weaker.
Tittyfuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:42 AM   #11
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
appreciate the effort and I respect you have opinions on who wins battles
Fixed
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #12
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
shout out to any mf who does event breakdowns
shouts out to you sir/ms
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:42 AM   #13
Pj13

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Pj13 is a PY Poster
Nick Vayne continues his weird nerd bird obsession with hating on URL, heard from my source both Big T and Chilla won clearly, who would trust a recap from this geek

Last edited by riffic; 11-16-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Don't quote huge posts smh
Pj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:23 AM   #14
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
Fixed
dont type words in my fingers!!!!!
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #15
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Cheers for the recap! And fuck Cortez.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #16
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
I will NEVER forget Clips vs Quill. Incredible.
RyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #17
Bar4Bar

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Bar4Bar is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
appreciate the effort but you have shit opinions on who wins battles and whats good so thanks for the recap but i'll hold judgement til viewing.
you're a smart man. this guys opinions are awful. do not listen to him
Old 11-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #18
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1189 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
good recap. say hi next time my man!
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #19
Prelec
kevin

Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar4Bar View Post
you're a smart man. this guy has opinions
Fixed
Old 11-16-2015, 11:18 AM   #20
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Arkaic and Chilla are both really not good, but apart from that Nick Vayne's opinions seem pretty ok to me
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #21
medium sean

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
medium sean is better than Grind Time Australiamedium sean is better than Grind Time Australia
@Nick Vayne Most if not all of these results are wrong. Please buy a new jacket and hat btw you ain't slick we seen them in the jaybe battle
medium sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #22
Prelec
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by medium sean View Post
Please buy a new jacket and hat we seen them in the jaybe battle
Lol I can cosign that tho
Old 11-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #23
Prelec
kevin

Yall seen this yet?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #24
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
How can you say def on his worst day is better than a good DNA? Lol so bias it makes me question the rest of your words

Good recap tho
Old 11-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #25
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pj13 View Post
Nick Vayne continues his weird nerd bird obsession with hating on URL, heard from my source both Big T and Chilla won clearly, who would trust a recap from this geek
No way a UK source told you Tony D lost
It's cool that you're such a big URL fan but they were all pretty lackluster. Anyway there is a recap by Dank in the updates thread and he's a little nicer on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
good recap. say hi next time my man!
Thanks man, I will. You were up on stage all day and it was tough to even approach the thing most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medium sean View Post
@Nick Vayne Most if not all of these results are wrong. Please buy a new jacket and hat btw you ain't slick we seen them in the jaybe battle
Haha yeah I couldn't bring a lot of carry on so I just threw a few jackets in there to protect me from British weather.
Bought a DF beanie so I'm halfway there.
And drop a recap of your own in the thread if you don't agree with my pov. I'm sure others would like to see another opinion on these too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
How can you say def on his worst day is better than a good DNA? Lol so bias it makes me question the rest of your words

Good recap tho
Cheers. I've never seen a DNA performance that was better than any Deff performance, thats all. And yeah of course I'm biased, can't really judge battle without bias imho, it always comes down to what you like better.
Thats why I mostly described what went down and how the crowd responded.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #26
itsmeemillyy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
itsmeemillyy is a PY Poster
Hey there, random sleeping women speaking. The event was crazy good. Quill vs Clips was better than Shotty vs clips.
itsmeemillyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #27
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
If Iím a league I swear you shouldnít get full payment until after the event.
How you disrespect the art when you get paid and still do shit like this.

The amount of money wasted on this battle

Cortez isnít bad but I donít know why he does impromptu when heís not a freestyler by any means

Its a current event in battling why be off limits
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #28
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Always enjoy reading your recaps even though I know when the battle comes out i'm most likely going to disagree with your opinon.

I can't agree with your Soul vs Caustic write up tbh, Caustic won but it wasn't a body although it did seem the crowd was fucking with Caustic more than Soul. Still I know you have a strong dislike for Soul so I expected you to say he got bodied.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:31 PM   #29
Prelec
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
I can't agree with your Soul vs Caustic write up tbh, Caustic won but it wasn't a body although it did seem the crowd was fucking with Caustic more than Soul. Still I know you have a strong dislike for Soul so I expected you to say he got bodied.
But he said Soul lost?
Old 11-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #30
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittyfuckin View Post
People say Caustic 3-0'd Soul but only because Soul stumbled so much. Nothing Caustic said hit hard live and I just watched it back and I think it's even weaker.
That battle was trash. Souls personals are terrible. I may hit like a butch but at least I swung blah blah blah

Caustic wasn't any good, and still won 3-0
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #31
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
But he said Soul lost?
Either you're confused or I am and I can't tell which one it is.

Soul lost but Nick would have said that no matter the outcome because he dislikes him, my point was that imo it wasn't as bad a loss as he made out.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #32
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeh the Soul vs. Caustic battle was hardly a body or anything. They were both OK and both a bit wack, with Soul choking out the 3rd.

Caustic 3-0d just about, in an underwhelming battle.
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #33
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
Always enjoy reading your recaps even though I know when the battle comes out i'm most likely going to disagree with your opinon.

Nah it's not that, Soul can be dope, I'm actually waiting on that Purpose battle to come out cause he was really good in that one.

Just the fact that he threw a suckerpunch, bragged about it for 3 years and then when he finally stood face-to-face with Caustic and tried to get personal he completely fell apart. Then Caustic went in on his depression and had the crowd rocking with him when he told their champ to kill himself for real this time, that was just painful afaic.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #34
CadalackJon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CadalackJon is a PY Poster
Quote:
Just the fact that he threw a suckerpunch, bragged about it for 3 years
links?
CadalackJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #35
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadalackJon View Post
links?
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=soul%20vs&sm=3
Old 11-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #36
CadalackJon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CadalackJon is a PY Poster
I only ask cos I can't ever remember him bragging about it and I closely follow Soul's battle with an erect penis in my hand (not mine)
CadalackJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #37
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadalackJon View Post
I only ask cos I can't ever remember him bragging about it and I closely follow Soul's battle with an erect penis in my hand (not mine)
That's what i'm thinking, I can remember Soul bringing it up in a few battles but it's being massively exaggerated.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #38
Marcristo

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Marcristo is not the worst person
Lu Cipher was great vs Shox. Shox is horrible delivery with decent bars.
Marcristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:54 AM   #39
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Cojay vs DNA & Quill vs Clips are actually the best battles I seen from the ppv/event, seems like I went on the worst day and missed all the best shit. Oshea vs Kid Twist was pretty great though
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote