Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
TWR top ten battlers of the year

Old 01-09-2016, 02:16 AM   #41
TigerShark

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
TigerShark is not the worst person
P24 = Avocado da gawd!

Way too many had DNA on their top10s, this is crazy. I try not to watch a lot of DNA battles cause he is trash but he got bodied by Illmac and DBD. If you get bodied twice in the same year you are not eligible for a top10 list foh.

But some moron actually put Mook at nr1? You are obviously completly fucking clueless if you put someone who hasn't battled in 2015 on your list for best battler of 2015.
TigerShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:25 AM   #42
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShark View Post
P24 = Avocado da gawd!

Way too many had DNA on their top10s, this is crazy. I try not to watch a lot of DNA battles cause he is trash but he got bodied by Illmac and DBD. If you get bodied twice in the same year you are not eligible for a top10 list foh.

But some moron actually put Mook at nr1? You are obviously completly fucking clueless if you put someone who hasn't battled in 2015 on your list for best battler of 2015.
You're crazy biased to say Dan bodied him.

DNA has had a Damn good year

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:59 AM   #43
Poison Pen
Contributor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Poison Pen is not the worst person
i voiced my opinion. i think i was pretty impartial. i'm just trippin off mook being #1 on someones list & he didn't even battle. That panelist needs to be reconsidered for next year lmao..
Poison Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:34 AM   #44
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
multiple people picked Mook as battler of the year and he didnt even battle????

mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:56 AM   #45
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm guessing Mickey Factz voted Mook as #1
Old 01-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #46
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Seems to me that they picked some of the most relevant non-battlers that they could find and I don't recall jay blac mentioning anyone directly affiliated with URL being on the panel. Conversely, there's a handful of people directly involved in other platforms, kotd included.

Who was left off that should've been included, and who was included that should've been left off iyo?

At the end of the day, I think they got the most relevant people available, and if a lot of them happen to be on the east coast, then that's just how it goes. You can't win for losing.

And I don't think that all the panelists are all that biased, but some very clearly are, and you can tell by how far out there and unreasonable their choices were.
Have they said who the panelists were? Why don't they just release that info? Don't have to match the names to the lists, but you can't give Avo and Eurgh 2 of 30 votes and say it's not bias.

I'm no so much directly criticising the method as the end result, which means there has been a flaw in the method somewhere. There is no way on earth that Pass wasn't in the top ten battlers this year. I think he should be #1. So they have either picked a bunch of people with a huge URL bias, or they have picked a lot of people with a slight URL bias.
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #47
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
Have they said who the panelists were?
Dude says most of who the panelist were in the last 2 mins or so of the video in the OP. To be completely fair, he said there were upwards of 30 participants, but he only mentioned less than 30 names. Take that for what it's worth. Idk who voted for what.

Last edited by 6000GP; 01-09-2016 at 10:46 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #49
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
some good lists on here tbh
I would say
1. Chilla (did too much-Diz,Math,Con, Danny, Pass, Prep, Bulletz, dialect, the sight unseeen Th3 Saga battle, win or lose hes done too much)
2. Danja (Ws over Lottta,Verb,KG,Bmagic,DAy,Bedaffi, and in the quiet room,great battles with Danny & Ness Lee)
3. Tay Roc (did too much main event work to deny regardless of actual battle quality)
4. Bigg K (BOTY vs ILL Will, beat Ars & full effect, great wins vs Caustic & Math)
5, DAnny (bodied Rex, Heartless & Xcel, beat Chilla,Cain Marko and Diesel, great battles with Danja, and Cali Smoov)
6. Kshine (body of the Year vs Verb, did Dose almost as bad, great showing vs Dan, lackluster vs Wavy & Will but went crazy on the 2x2s)
7. Hollow (destroyed Clips, had incredible performance vs Pat Stay)
8. Magic (seemingly on a downswing but still great battles wit Ty Law and chef Trez, beat Mack Myron,Kg,and grandaddy Purp even if he didnt, took a L to Danja and hearing he did bad vs Brixx and lost to Bill but these remain to be seen)
9. Big T (good battle with Dizaster, great performances vs Caustic and Unan, took a L to Rone in big fashion but had prolly performance of the year vs Suge[def round OTY])
10. Suge (crazy battles wit Saga and TTop,killed oops and theory truth, few Ls tho to Reepah Rell, Tech and T but still great year)

11. Pass
12. Eness
13. DNA
14. Diz
15. rONE
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #50
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
TheSuburbCeleb is not the worst person
My list only had one "URL" battler in the top 5...

Hollow and Lux weren't on my list (to few battles)
Clips wasn't either (to many half ass battles)
Stop Sleepin Yall
He bringing that Hot Lava
Salute My G
TheSuburbCeleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #51
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
The choices are pure ASS. The panel is Official... How odd.

I'm compiling my own for 2016 now.

**Independent Researcher/Journalist Hat On**
Old 01-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #52
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
It's 2016, there's no such thing as an "official" or "definitive" top 10 list anymore. No-one watches every battler anymore, so no-one's an expert anymore, so literally every top 10 list is gonna be biased, uninformed, including mine.

I would've put Pass, Rone, Thesaurus, Fresco etc in my top 10, BUT the committee who designed this list probably didn't even watch their battles, and I don't blame them. So I can't be furious they've been omitted. Like I would never include Danja Zone or Suge, but that's only because I don't watch their battles.

I've unfortunately seen enough of K-Shine, Clips and DNA to judge them, and they've got there on views alone not on merit.

Hollow, Bigg K, Lux, Chilla were all underwhelming by their standards, they've each regressed since 2014.

The only one I might've included in my top 10 from TWR's list is Tay Roc.

Anyone who interprets these highly subjective rankings, including mine, as law is a moron.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote