Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
KOTD Illipsis vs Lex D


View Poll Results: Who won?
Illipsis 11 44.00%
Lex D 0 0%
Lex D deserves a spot back in my bottom 10 2 8.00%
Illipsis should be getting pushed instead of shit like Lexx Luthor 12 48.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #1
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz
 
The Kang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,536
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD Illipsis vs Lex D

__________________
The King Of Tennessee
"Flags get hung in the balance to show my dominance"-O Solo

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass

Last edited by riffic; 04-07-2016 at 02:49 PM.
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:35 AM   #2
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz
 
The Kang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,536
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illipsis 3-0.....The streets been feinding for this shit
__________________
The King Of Tennessee
"Flags get hung in the balance to show my dominance"-O Solo

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:55 AM   #3
Jack Deuce
Media
 
Jack Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,165
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
One of the people in this battle is good
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:04 AM   #4
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
lex d lookin like a mac demarco fan.
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:17 AM   #5
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
lmao that arthur comparison alone 3-0'd lex d.
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #6
ledge
JERSEY | ux9
 
ledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,919
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
lex d lookin like a mac demarco fan.
fuck im a mac demarco fan

illipsis, best battle yet, caught some cool stuff throughout

damn called out my guy @efarrell

Last edited by ledge; 04-07-2016 at 06:32 AM.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #7
timesup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
timesup is not the worst person
is that the same shadobooxerz as abra and x-wam????
timesup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,564
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Will watch when not at work I already know lex got killed though
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #9
mulatto mutant
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
illipsis 3-0 bodybag

will watch later
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #10
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'
 
illipsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
We in here

__________________
I said let's keep it one hundred, cuz this pansy's threatened
This is war and peace, laurel wreaths to a panzer engine
illipsis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #11
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'
 
illipsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Thanks to everyone giving this a watch, reps all round!

And @timesup, naw, definitely not the same, made up Shadowboxers with my buddy in high school to have something vaguely cool-sounding to shout out in the event of a rap battle intro...never expected to actually get to use it at the time haha
__________________
I said let's keep it one hundred, cuz this pansy's threatened
This is war and peace, laurel wreaths to a panzer engine
illipsis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #12
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
illipsis 3-0 based on him using a frank sobotka bar.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:41 PM   #13
WallaceBread
Shit like that
 
WallaceBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oakland
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Watching now Illipsis 3-0 etc etc
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Swear to God I hate most of u motherfuckers.
WallaceBread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #14
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,564
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
finally getting round to watch this illipsis writing is ridiculous so naturally gonna be ovelooked at KOTD they'd rather push the wigger URL wannabes how you gonna push realiztic more than illipsis.

3-0 btw lex got some jokes something i still dont like about him though
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #15
Aftershock
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Illipsis 2/1 or 3-0 (depends on how much you like Lex's 3rd)

This was a mis-match imo
Lex did well, but Illipsis took control out the gate and kept it the whole battle

Illipsis needs to face a 'writer' and really test his pen game
Dude is crazy good imo and is getting more comfortable in his performance aspects

edit - the call out to Farrell in the 3rd was niiiice, would make for a dope verbal fight with rhymes etc

Last edited by Aftershock; 04-07-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Aftershock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #16
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'
 
illipsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
illipsis 3-0 based on him using a frank sobotka bar.
"You know what the problem is Brucey? We used to make shit in this country. Now we just put our hands in the next guy's pocket."

GOAT show imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
finally getting round to watch this illipsis writing is ridiculous so naturally gonna be ovelooked at KOTD they'd rather push the wigger URL wannabes how you gonna push realiztic more than illipsis.

3-0 btw lex got some jokes something i still dont like about him though
Appreciate it my dude. Starting to get some push now, just a matter of our division getting sufficient momentum and attention to get local names developed and more widely known talent here. Me and Farrell is gonna be a dope start to progression for myself and the scene in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
Illipsis 2/1 or 3-0 (depends on how much you like Lex's 3rd)

This was a mis-match imo
Lex did well, but Illipsis took control out the gate and kept it the whole battle

Illipsis needs to face a 'writer' and really test his pen game
Dude is crazy good imo and is getting more comfortable in his performance aspects

edit - the call out to Farrell in the 3rd was niiiice, would make for a dope verbal fight with rhymes etc
Respect OG

I personally really liked his third, and it threw me in the room because it played completely against the point I was making in my own rather than into it. Lex is a class act, and I'm glad he was willing to do this battle on relatively short notice after a number of opponents (including a couple 'writers') fell through
__________________
I said let's keep it one hundred, cuz this pansy's threatened
This is war and peace, laurel wreaths to a panzer engine
illipsis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #17
Aftershock
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
willing to do this battle on relatively short notice after a number of opponents (including a couple 'writers') fell through
name names, let's publically mock them
Aftershock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:23 PM   #18
ledge
JERSEY | ux9
 
ledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,919
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I still can't get over catching an Alexisonfire bar last night.

@illipsis
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥
 
Triptych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
@illipsis >>>
__________________
Du kommer att ta emot detta arbete.​
Triptych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #20
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥
 
Triptych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
"Arrow so big". There's a gold mine of antiquated weaponry bars and Ill is going in.
__________________
Du kommer att ta emot detta arbete.​
Triptych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #21
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'
 
illipsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
name names, let's publically mock them
Lol I'm not trynna shame the original opponent since that'll likely go down and he had a totally legitimate reason he couldn't make it, but I'll relay the sequence of events leading to me vs. Lex since I find it low key amusing.

-prepare for original opponent, get all 3 rounds done like a month in advance since I'm about to go to Mexico with the gf and be swamped with papers for school
-find out while in Mexico that original opponent can no longer make the event
-start coordinating with staff on super limited travel data, 1st option is Tricky, which I'm game for since I have leftover material for him from when we were originally supposed to battle
-"Turns out Tricky doesn't really want to"
-Fair enough
-Rupert Common is proposed, but is generally disinterested in the prospect of battling
-Deadman is approached, but would rather battle in Toronto for his Canadian debut (fair enough)
-"Yo Lipsis, Bulletz is down""the fuck?!""...buuut he's gotta take his family to Disneyland again" ...fair...enough
-"Hey ill, you're battling Lex D" ok word.

Haha so for a solid week I woke up to a different prospective opponent, wound up with Lex a little over three weeks out; big shouts to him for a) taking the match and b) doing so on short notice
__________________
I said let's keep it one hundred, cuz this pansy's threatened
This is war and peace, laurel wreaths to a panzer engine
illipsis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 PM   #22
Henrik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
I honestly think Illipsis is the best up-and-comer Canada has to offer right now. They should most definitely give him a shot at the next WD.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #23
mulatto mutant
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
-"Yo Lipsis, Bulletz is down""the fuck?!""...buuut he's gotta take his family to Disneyland again" ...fair...enough
cryin

please tell me thats true
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #24
Smrrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smrrr is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
Lol I'm not trynna shame the original opponent since that'll likely go down and he had a totally legitimate reason he couldn't make it, but I'll relay the sequence of events leading to me vs. Lex since I find it low key amusing.

-prepare for original opponent, get all 3 rounds done like a month in advance since I'm about to go to Mexico with the gf and be swamped with papers for school
-find out while in Mexico that original opponent can no longer make the event
-start coordinating with staff on super limited travel data, 1st option is Tricky, which I'm game for since I have leftover material for him from when we were originally supposed to battle
-"Turns out Tricky doesn't really want to"
-Fair enough
-Rupert Common is proposed, but is generally disinterested in the prospect of battling
-Deadman is approached, but would rather battle in Toronto for his Canadian debut (fair enough)
-"Yo Lipsis, Bulletz is down""the fuck?!""...buuut he's gotta take his family to Disneyland again" ...fair...enough
-"Hey ill, you're battling Lex D" ok word.

Haha so for a solid week I woke up to a different prospective opponent, wound up with Lex a little over three weeks out; big shouts to him for a) taking the match and b) doing so on short notice
like Lex got most of his opponents lol
Smrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:54 PM   #25
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,395
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Illipsis is corny as fuck
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:36 AM   #26
Ampersand
Registered User
 
Ampersand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ampersand is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post

Illipsis needs to face a 'writer' and really test his pen game
Illipsis vs Soul World Dom ...somebody set that shit up .
Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #27
Skr33
Registered Loser
 
Skr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Skr33 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Illipsis vs Soul World Dom ...somebody set that shit up .


Yo Organik, SET IT UP.

Edit: Illipsis 3-0. He needs to be pushed more definitely. Hardest photosynthesis bar ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
why play basketball if ull never be in the NFL

Last edited by Skr33; 04-09-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Skr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #28
mulatto mutant
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
it genuinely doesn't make sense why he doesn't get pushed as hard as someone like trash ass realiztic or bumfucks like lexx
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:46 AM   #29
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9
 
ErikForeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: California
Posts: 5,516
Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Crazy!!!!
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #30
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'
 
illipsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
cryin

please tell me thats true
Would I lie to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Illipsis vs Soul World Dom ...somebody set that shit up .
Given that Soul's still the DF champ and I'm just starting to broach the possibility of mainstage prospects, idk how feasible that'd be for this year's WD (though I'm definitely gonna try to get on the card), but that's definitely a fire match-up...goal is to earn it by WD7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skr33 View Post


Yo Organik, SET IT UP.

Edit: Illipsis 3-0. He needs to be pushed more definitely. Hardest photosynthesis bar ever.
Given the distinguished field of photosynthesis bars, I'm honoured that I could exceed the lofty standards set by my predecessors in your eyes haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
Illipsis is corny as fuck
5char
__________________
I said let's keep it one hundred, cuz this pansy's threatened
This is war and peace, laurel wreaths to a panzer engine
illipsis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #31
Aftershock
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Illipsis vs Soul World Dom ...somebody set that shit up .
I think vs Pigsty first would be more realistic at this point
Aftershock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #32
WallaceBread
Shit like that
 
WallaceBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oakland
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Finally saw this, Illipsis killed it, plectrum bar was fire (along with a bunch of other shit but I'm a sucker for music bars)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Swear to God I hate most of u motherfuckers.
WallaceBread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #33
Coma
VIP
 
Coma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
Illipsis had an Alexisonfire bar. YEAHHHHH!!

Incredible.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #34
Ampersand
Registered User
 
Ampersand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ampersand is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
Given that Soul's still the DF champ and I'm just starting to broach the possibility of mainstage prospects, idk how feasible that'd be for this year's WD (though I'm definitely gonna try to get on the card), but that's definitely a fire match-up...goal is to earn it byWD7
That's fair and I respect your humbleness but I disagree. His position as DF champ really doesn't weigh in a KOTD battle to me . He is like 1-4 vs KOTD battlers (and Osa beat himself) . That doesn't earn you a Pat Stay level battle IMO. It also makes sense stylistically . I really don't want to see Soul vs ICE or Pass .
Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:42 AM   #35
Jaybird
Registered User
 
Jaybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 742
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Lips performance vastly improved this battle. He seems confident. I guess college does that.

I've never liked Lex D but thought he was good this battle.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:07 AM   #36
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper
 
Nick Vayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,777
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Great battle. Both had some good shit but Illipsis outclassed him, the 2nd was the closest round. If he can get every round as smooth as his 3rd he's gonna make waves very, very soon.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:39 AM   #37
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'
 
illipsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oa
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
I think vs Pigsty first would be more realistic at this point
Yeah, that's a given, I want to make my status as best pen in Van definitive, and that's the one match that really does that imo (though there's a couple other writers arguably of our caliber, we're known predominantly for our writing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceBread View Post
Finally saw this, Illipsis killed it, plectrum bar was fire (along with a bunch of other shit but I'm a sucker for music bars)
The fact that at least one person got that plectrum bar is incredibly validating haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Illipsis had an Alexisonfire bar. YEAHHHHH!!

Incredible.
"MY YOUTH IS SLIPPING AWAY!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
That's fair and I respect your humbleness but I disagree. His position as DF champ really doesn't weigh in a KOTD battle to me . He is like 1-4 vs KOTD battlers (and Osa beat himself) . That doesn't earn you a Pat Stay level battle IMO. It also makes sense stylistically . I really don't want to see Soul vs ICE or Pass .
Fair enough! It's definitely not a match I would say no to in any event, so if the staff and Soul himself think it makes sense then I'm definitely with it...that's actually a fair point about him kind of having gone through a lot of the battlers that would complement him stylistically in KOTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Lips performance vastly improved this battle. He seems confident. I guess college does that.

I've never liked Lex D but thought he was good this battle.
Thank you sir! I've actually been in college for all of my battles, think it might just be the prospect of being done with it in the not-too distant future that's giving me that lil extra drive haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Great battle. Both had some good shit but Illipsis outclassed him, the 2nd was the closest round. If he can get every round as smooth as his 3rd he's gonna make waves very, very soon.
Danke bruh!

Thanks to everyone watching and giving feedback, I appreciate the support more than y'all know

__________________
I said let's keep it one hundred, cuz this pansy's threatened
This is war and peace, laurel wreaths to a panzer engine
illipsis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #38
Jaybird
Registered User
 
Jaybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 742
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
Yeah, that's a given, I want to make my status as best pen in Van definitive, and that's the one match that really does that imo (though there's a couple other writers arguably of our caliber, we're known predominantly for our writing)


Thank you sir! I've actually been in college for all of my battles, think it might just be the prospect of being done with it in the not-too distant future that's giving me that lil extra drive haha.

You're good man. I've always really thought you were good since back when you used to do the Punx not dead intro.

I used to think Pigsty was up there too but it's been awhile since I felt that way. I think with you're performance where it's at it's time for you to step out of GZ. What do you study? An acting class or two, a little meisner method would do wonders for your battle game.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,555
Threads: 27,243
Posts: 734,831
Total Online: 3596

Newest Member: muddyswamp

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10 PM.