Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Can Someone Tell Me How Tsu Surf Is Even Remotely Considered Top Tier?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #41
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,542
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Holla I'll pin yo head against the fuckin wall
Haha I'll G baby, G baby
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #42
Lizman
Registered User
 
Lizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets89 View Post
no way you can name 10 niggas better than Surf all time.
Surf Is Horrible
__________________
SYNFONIA
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #43
Lizman
Registered User
 
Lizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIROB View Post
Waste of a thread. What revelations were you looking to stumble upon by posting this question? If nothing he has done up to the hollow battled exemplified his elite status, then what would making a thread hope to achieve lol.

He smoked brixx btw.. If you're looking for a clear W.
Do You Know What It Takes To Be Top Tier In The Original Sense Of The Meaning?
__________________
SYNFONIA
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #44
Lizman
Registered User
 
Lizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
He's had some great key matchups and good marketing
That Is Good Reasoning However He Sucks As A Battlerapper
__________________
SYNFONIA
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #45
Lizman
Registered User
 
Lizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
He's a great writer with great delivery, personality, some of the best music of any battle rapper.. as many classics as anybody

He's a pretty great example of top tier

His Delivery Is The 2nd Worst Of All The Battlers I Have Seen Since 2008
__________________
SYNFONIA
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #46
Neanderthol
Registered User
 
Neanderthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,472
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
shit thread and some of the posts ITT are just as shit.

i thought as a community we came a long way on the shitty opinions of "wins and losses" in battle rap. but i guess there are still some unseasoned fans out there. they must have came here from talkback after the title match

dude has some of the most memorable bars in battle rap, some of the best delivery, and has been in some of the biggest classics. talking about "he lost that big t battle!!!", who cares that shit was a classic.

surf has that stage presence and ability to deliver his bars in a way that 99% of battle rappers cant. tough pill to swallow for you ppl that want that nerd shit to be on top, but it is what it is.

surf >>>>>>>
pretty much all of this
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #47
Lucas
Unplugged
 
Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Vegas
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Lucas probably likes in here/hair word play
U R in the middle of that Ch Ch thats Church!!!!!
__________________
Top 5 dream team that would crush any battler

Spawn
Deadpool
Punisher
Ghost Rider
Hellboy
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #48
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,542
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
U R in the middle of that Ch Ch thats Church!!!!!
Hahahahaha bro I swear I clicked on this thread when I saw the update thinking you were about to say some fuck shit but you kept it real I'm tryna start the campaign to get your rep green again bro lol

Love you man

That bar was crazy too btw
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #49
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b
 
PriceAintRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,295
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm just here for the @6000GP counterargument as to why he's so lauded.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Wtf these kids are comedy gold wrapped in Christmas wrappings that have dicks on it-- ugly on the outside but what's inside makes life happen God bless Talkack


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:23 AM   #50
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,713
Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Because he's the best
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:37 AM   #51
6000GP
tupac back
 
6000GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,020
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
I'm just here for the @6000GP counterargument as to why he's so lauded.
U R in the middle of that S F thats surf

What else is there to say?
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:20 AM   #52
Ness Lee
VIP
 
Ness Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
when will people realize that tier has nothing to do with skill. consistency and popularity is what creates tiers

Last edited by Ness Lee; 09-05-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:27 AM   #53
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,542
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
when will people realize that tier has nothing to do with skill. consistency and popularity is create tiers
Do you think surf is light? Or inconsistent?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:02 AM   #54
Lizman
Registered User
 
Lizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
U R in the middle of that Ch Ch thats Church!!!!!
Thank You For Agreeing With My Point.
__________________
SYNFONIA
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:03 AM   #55
Lizman
Registered User
 
Lizman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
when will people realize that tier has nothing to do with skill. consistency and popularity is create tiers
However That Was The Original Meaning Of It.
__________________
SYNFONIA
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #56
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,645
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
op it's okay if you don't like surf...
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #57
MrMumbles905
Repping East905
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,385
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
That Is Good Reasoning However He Sucks As A Battlerapper
He doesn't suck. He was one of my favorites a year or 2 ago but he's not been great lately

His Brixx and Big T battles were both great. Hollow battle was great.
__________________
UGK Presents: SirReal vs. Mr. Mumbles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrXe6Rv21Y0

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #58
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b
 
PriceAintRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,295
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
U R in the middle of that S F thats surf

What else is there to say?
The struggle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Wtf these kids are comedy gold wrapped in Christmas wrappings that have dicks on it-- ugly on the outside but what's inside makes life happen God bless Talkack


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #59
pockets89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
pockets89 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
Surf Is Horrible
Know I now you are just being a troll come on man I admit he's not always fire but everyone has an off night.
pockets89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #60
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,542
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
"Thank god they booked him for possession
and ain't catch him for what he did wit it"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #61
pockets89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
pockets89 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
when will people realize that tier has nothing to do with skill. consistency and popularity is create tiers
I fuck with you heavy Ness and feel you are mad underrated but I feel like you are kind of out of line here no disrespect.

Some of the popular guys don't have a lot of skill I admit that like you may be a better writer than Surf but he has everything else better (performance, crowd control, conviction etc).

These guys dont get to the top by accident. Why do you think none of the new guys arent even close to the Hitmans, Surfs, Calicoes, etc. They just dont have the total package.
pockets89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #62
pockets89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
pockets89 is not the worst person
Another thing is Surf never over saturated himself and took big names at the right time I think most of the top tiers are pretty good about taking matchups that make sense.

If you are equating skill to just writing ability most people would agree Chilla and JC have crazy pens. Do you really think I give a fuck about either of these guys when a new battle drops if they already have 40 battles on camera?

At some point just hang it up there is no way you can have crazy material for 40 fucking battles.
pockets89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #63
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,542
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets89 View Post
Another thing is Surf never over saturated himself and took big names at the right time I think most of the top tiers are pretty good about taking matchups that make sense.

If you are equating skill to just writing ability most people would agree Chilla and JC have crazy pens. Do you really think I give a fuck about either of these guys when a new battle drops if they already have 40 battles on camera?

At some point just hang it up there is no way you can have crazy material for 40 fucking battles.
@pockets89 this is all facts how you carry yourself and move are just as important as what you do in the battles when you look at every battle surf has ever taken its been a match that has had impact on the culture besides brixx which was a body and maybe verb in Chicago only because it was a letdown

Outside of that the rest of his battles win or lose you can say "this battle is gonna have some impact on whether or not I can call him one of the best ever"

You look at that vs someone like you said chilla jones

Does chilla vs arcane really mean anything to the culture or make me say "damn if chilla wins this he has a chance to solidify himself as one of the best in this shit"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #64
pockets89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
pockets89 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
@pockets89 this is all facts how you carry yourself and move are just as important as what you do in the battles when you look at every battle surf has ever taken its been a match that has had impact on the culture besides brixx which was a body and maybe verb in Chicago only because it was a letdown

Outside of that the rest of his battles win or lose you can say "this battle is gonna have some impact on whether or not I can call him one of the best ever"

You look at that vs someone like you said chilla jones

Does chilla vs arcane really mean anything to the culture or make me say "damn if chilla wins this he has a chance to solidify himself as one of the best in this shit"

Exactly bro I agree with you 100% you got this nigga Chilla in interviews saying no one can outwrite him. Do you think I give a fuck about your pen game if you are battling Arcane in 2016?

I'm not trying to shit on these guys but when you have Ness Lee alluding that Surf is overrated saying popularity is what dictates top tiers and not ability it makes me confused cuz these are the same niggaz who are battling every week in bumbfuck, wisconsin for $500 and a #3 at carls jr.

I see Ness has 39 battles on versetracker so i rest my case.
pockets89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #65
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,542
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets89 View Post
Exactly bro I agree with you 100% you got this nigga Chilla in interviews saying no one can outwrite him. Do you think I give a fuck about your pen game if you are battling Arcane in 2016?

I'm not trying to shit on these guys but when you have Ness Lee alluding that Surf is overrated saying popularity is what dictates top tiers and not ability it makes me confused cuz these are the same niggaz who are battling every week in bumbfuck, wisconsin for $500 and a #3 at carls jr.

I see Ness has 39 battles on versetracker so i rest my case.
Hahaha I feel you bro all facts
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #66
Ness Lee
VIP
 
Ness Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets89 View Post
I fuck with you heavy Ness and feel you are mad underrated but I feel like you are kind of out of line here no disrespect.

Some of the popular guys don't have a lot of skill I admit that like you may be a better writer than Surf but he has everything else better (performance, crowd control, conviction etc).

These guys dont get to the top by accident. Why do you think none of the new guys arent even close to the Hitmans, Surfs, Calicoes, etc. They just dont have the total package.
i didnt say anything about being better than anyone. top tier status is established by popularity and consistency, point blank. thats not to say that any of them are not skilled. but complaining about a rappers position based on skill is like complaining about industry rappers not being skilled. you get a machine, you consistently deliver for that machine, people like you. thats where it begins and ends. i also appreciate the compliment
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:57 PM   #67
Ryuha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
i didnt say anything about being better than anyone. top tier status is established by popularity and consistency, point blank. thats not to say that any of them are not skilled. but complaining about a rappers position based on skill is like complaining about industry rappers not being skilled. you get a machine, you consistently deliver for that machine, people like you. thats where it begins and ends. i also appreciate the compliment
Mr.Lee, my question to you is...who iyho...isn't "skilled",
but who is nearly universally considered as top tier?

What I gather from your post is that there are those who are 'more
skilled' than those you may deem as top tier, but are not as
popular &/or don't command the same $$$ as some of their more
celebrated contemporaries...


I feel that the distinction when talking about 'skill' seems to solely
be in reference to their 'pen game'...and NOT the other intangibles that
make for the classification of the upper echelon, in the art of hostile attack rhymes...

Last edited by Ryuha; 09-04-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #68
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b
 
PriceAintRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,295
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
These conversations always (and I mean always) boil down to what is more important to you.

To a Chilla/Ness fan like myself, I like to hear people craft some wild shit. That excites me much more than someone like Hitman Holla performing and reloading guns with bullets that just came out of them.

The moment we learn to say to each their own and stop trying to make our singular taste "THE" taste, the better off we'll be. Enjoy the shit you like. Jokes aside, the more you indulge in your likes vs your dislikes the happier you'll be.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Wtf these kids are comedy gold wrapped in Christmas wrappings that have dicks on it-- ugly on the outside but what's inside makes life happen God bless Talkack


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #69
Ryuha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
These conversations always (and I mean always) boil down to what is more important to you.

To a Chilla/Ness fan like myself, I like to hear people craft some wild shit. That excites me much more than someone like Hitman Holla performing and reloading guns with bullets that just came out of them.

The moment we learn to say to each their own and stop trying to make our singular taste "THE" taste, the better off we'll be. Enjoy the shit you like. Jokes aside, the more you indulge in your likes vs your dislikes the happier you'll be.
Imma bars > performance guy myself...but, I prefer that total package...like
Hollow...like how & what the Qp's are evolving into(bars +performance).

Id rather the bars & performance compliment each other, but I can't really
get into performance with a marked 'lack' of good writing...


*hmmmm-Ness vs Born would be a bar heavy
battle Id like ta see-in a mid sized venue....or even
Ness vs Con
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #70
Emseed
Registered User
 
Emseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
URL marketing
__________________
Spiced
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #71
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad
 
Franklin Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,386
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I'm not a Surf fan by any stretch of the imagination but this battle here is undeniably incredible.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
__________________
I couldn't believe it was her. It was like a dream. But there she was, just as I remembered her. That delicately beautiful face. And a body that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room. And breasts that seemed to say... "Hey! Look at these!" She was the kind of woman who made you want to drop to your knees and thank God you were a man! She reminded me of my mother, all right. No doubt about it.
Franklin Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:35 PM   #72
SpecialOh
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,854
Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
i didnt say anything about being better than anyone. top tier status is established by popularity and consistency, point blank. thats not to say that any of them are not skilled. but complaining about a rappers position based on skill is like complaining about industry rappers not being skilled. you get a machine, you consistently deliver for that machine, people like you. thats where it begins and ends. i also appreciate the compliment
especially with battles not being judged!
skill can go hand in hand with popularity but u makin sense
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #73
Ness Lee
VIP
 
Ness Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuha View Post
Mr.Lee, my question to you is...who iyho...isn't "skilled",
but who is nearly universally considered as top tier?

What I gather from your post is that there are those who are 'more
skilled' than those you may deem as top tier, but are not as
popular &/or don't command the same $$$ as some of their more
celebrated contemporaries...


I feel that the distinction when talking about 'skill' seems to solely
be in reference to their 'pen game'...and NOT the other intangibles that
make for the classification of the upper echelon, in the art of hostile attack rhymes...
you've done a lot of assuming. you dont have to gather anything from my post. i'm not insinuating anything. i said exactly what i wanted to say
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #74
SpecialOh
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,854
Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
i dont see tsusmurf hyped on here lots but other battlers (URL) in interviews ALWAYS talk about him. smack bigs him up hard also n says hes one of the best eva
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #75
SpecialOh
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,854
Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
case n point



surf: "the audience is 60 to 65% the battle"

here we go...another dumb fuck with intricate formulas
SMH
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #76
SpecialOh
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,854
Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
he says he gets 40k

dammmmm..idk bout skill but thats some top top top tier pay
and top top tier views..yea @Ness Lee on point
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #77
DonnaDaMom
LoM
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NYB
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
DonnaDaMom is not the worst person
Surf got some of the best quotables imo. Easily top 10, debatable top 5.
DonnaDaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #78
Henrik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Henrik is not the worst person
Him and Aye Verb do the most interesting interviews in the game. Their level of shit talking is unmatched and their interviews are more intriguing than a lot of other peoples battles.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #79
JR77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,205
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuha View Post
who iyho...isn't "skilled",
but who is nearly universally considered as top tier?
DNA & John John
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #80
araraestew
Registered User
 
araraestew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
araraestew is not the worst person
Because people watch him "in a lot", I guess


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
araraestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,536
Threads: 26,993
Posts: 731,406
Total Online: 1931

Newest Member: Sawyer20

Latest Threads
- by erfworm
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Baron X
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 AM.