Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
"We want barrrrrrz" Pat Stay vlog

Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 AM   #41
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post
Ok the thing is if Charron talked about how he watches Fox news, plays call of duty all night long, and dropped adult swim related bars, I doubt he'd get many views. I think the thing is, if the "barrzzzz" sound good, the person should get a pass.

And the word play thing is gay if it's overly used, but I don't think that means you should never use it. Murda Mook IMO took a pretty unique approach where he went really personal on Lux, yeah he copied some of Hollow's stuff but he took it much further then Hollow did, mixed in a lot of word play but made everything easy to understand, and everyone thought it sucked lol. Essentially people are going to nit pick about anything.
DFD gets more views than damn near any1 and he never spits gun bars...

the reason why he gets so many views?? cuz he is himself
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:56 AM   #42
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post

the reason why he gets so many views?? cuz he is himself
Not saying "don't be yourself" but there's obviously a lot more to it then "being yourself". Dumbfoundead is a comical genius. Manik is himself and mom's that post videos of their babies so their family can view them on youtube get more views then that guy.
CBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:58 AM   #43
VAallDAY

VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Not saying "don't be yourself" but there's obviously a lot more to it then "being yourself". Dumbfoundead is a comical genius. Manik is himself and mom's that post videos of their babies so their family can view them on youtube get more views then that guy.
manik is absolutely not himself lmfao

"what u dont think im from the fucking threetth?"

yes dfd is a funny ass guy and knows how to incorporate that into his battling...

if charron doesnt have anything to go on that makes him good other then pretending to live a life that he knows absolutely nothing about, then maybe he should consider other hobbies
Old 02-17-2015, 01:58 AM   #44
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
you want barce i got barce
/arcane voice

courtesy of DBD show
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:00 AM   #45
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I actually think part of the problem is the opposite. So many people want to appeal to people who know nothing about battle rap that they dumb it down.
Cosigning this too
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 AM   #46
CBA

Quote:
manik is absolutely not himself lmfao

"what u dont think im from the fucking threetth?"
@deathstare get in here. Are you yourself or are you not yourself?

Dammit, someone do that alert thing so he gets in here.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:03 AM   #47
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Dumbfoundead is a comical genius. .

U serious?
Old 02-17-2015, 02:06 AM   #48
CBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
U serious?
Oh gawd, he may not be your cup of tea but if you haven't laughed your ass off from some of Dumbfoundead's videos you are hating. Are we really having this conversation right now?
Old 02-17-2015, 02:13 AM   #49
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

the reason why he gets so many views?? cuz he is korean
co-sign
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #50
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pat is wrong to hate on bars, the real problem is battlers with zero character and no usps
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:20 AM   #51
Step Easy
@stepeasy3rdave

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Step Easy is not the worst person
wow soggy mustaches>>>>

so on point
Step Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:20 AM   #52
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exenexex View Post
you want barce i got barce
/arcane voice

courtesy of DBD show
Pat wants them raps that are sweeter than soft serve
My every line & bar cold (barcode), they should be called "burrrrs"
Old 02-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #53
Skunk Hogan
NWO4Lyf

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Skunk Hogan is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelab View Post
YES this is exactly true.

And Pat makes a great point. You want to introduce someone to battles you always start with Dirtbag Dan and Soul Khan or Madness or stuff like that...things that aren't levels of injokes

battling becoming more convoluted and inside-fans only than Marvel Comics timelines (you see to get that joke, you need to know Cable is Scott Summers' son but from the future, but from an alternate timeline, etc..)

Average person: What the fuck?
Its true. If im introducing someone i normally start in the early GT days then bring to to early KOTD and Shufflo.
Skunk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:22 AM   #54
VAallDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
co-sign
even before he blew up wit his music... when he was in grind time battling.. i agree his current success now is cuz hes a popular korean rapper

but the reason why he was so good in GT was cuz he was himself... not tryin to be some tough guy spitting gun bars
Old 02-17-2015, 02:24 AM   #55
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Oh gawd, he may not be your cup of tea but if you haven't laughed your ass off from some of Dumbfoundead's videos you are hating. Are we really having this conversation right now?
Dfd is one of the best at taking simple jokes and making them rhyme in 1-2 syllables, but he's not a genius, dude
Old 02-17-2015, 02:31 AM   #56
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
i agree 100% with Pat. Its not even fuckin battling anymore its a contest to see who can out Nash the person in front of you. Its also resulted in name flips being beaten into the fuckin ground because nobody has a personality anymore so all you can attack is the stupid shit people call themselves.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #57
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
even before he blew up wit his music... when he was in grind time battling.. i agree his current success now is cuz hes a popular korean rapper

but the reason why he was so good in GT was cuz he was himself... not tryin to be some tough guy spitting gun bars
Im not tryin to knock him he's just got an ethnic advantage. If you aren't white it's pretty normal to hold it down for your people. If white people do that...well you see where I'm going here.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:36 AM   #58
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Dfd is one of the best at taking simple jokes and making them rhyme in 1-2 syllables, but he's not a genius, dude
ya dfd is funny sometimes but he's simple as fuck lyrically in his battles. idk about his music cuz i dont listen to mandarin pop or vietnamese pho or w/e he does

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:37 AM   #59
Jamal Richardson

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Jamal Richardson probably likes in here/hair word play
Yea we need more rounds about

"I heard from a secret source that you don't shower enough!"

Making shit accessible (aka dumbed down) is good for the league but bad for the colsher. You see this in every industry.
Jamal Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:39 AM   #60
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What a weird justification to say Cassidy.. CASSIDY.

"I got bars like cell phone reception', Cassidy, beat Dizaster.

And I hate Diz for the most part. But in no universe did he inherently lose to those 1999 bars.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:42 AM   #61
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
pat stay making fun of charron for not showering > charron teaching pat stay how to handle snitches

like just read that second part again
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:42 AM   #62
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Hogan View Post
Its true. If im introducing someone i normally start in the early GT days then bring to to early KOTD and Shufflo.
There's a of different kinds of battles rappers, and I think most new people wanna watch someone they personally identify with before they actually develop an appreciation for rap/hiphop/battling.

For example, one of my wife's friend's husbands is into metal and actually looks kinda like DBD a bit. A few weeks ago I showed him the Dan/caustic battle vs sharlo, and he was super kinda fucking with Dan, and u know what? I thought he might. He's since then they actually bought some of his music off iTunes, and that's cool, and he's been lookin at a couple battles shit, but I'll be damned if he's in any position to say what battle rap should be like. That'd be like me saying, "nah Pantera is too noisey and annoying. They should be more ethereal and melodic." Nah, if I don't fully understand the culture, history, nuances, influences, etc.. Then I sound like a fool trying to tell him what's good.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:46 AM   #63
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
There's a of different kinds of battles rappers, and I think most new people wanna watch someone they personally identify with before they actually develop an appreciation for rap/hiphop/battling.

For example, one of my wife's friend's husbands is into metal and actually looks kinda like DBD a bit. A few weeks ago I showed him the Dan/caustic battle vs sharlo, and he was super kinda fucking with Dan, and u know what? I thought he might. He's since then they actually bought some of his music off iTunes, and that's cool, and he's been lookin at a couple battles shit, but I'll be damned if he's in any position to say what battle rap should be like. That'd be like me saying, "nah Pantera is too noisey and annoying. They should be more ethereal and melodic." Nah, if I don't fully understand the culture, history, nuances, influences, etc.. Then I sound like a fool trying to tell him what's good.
How do you feel about Pantera's use of the confederate flag though?
Old 02-17-2015, 02:52 AM   #64
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
How do you feel about Pantera's use of the confederate flag though?
Lyk I givs a fuk
Old 02-17-2015, 02:53 AM   #65
6000GP
tupac back

I sing along to freebird everytime too
Old 02-17-2015, 02:54 AM   #66
D Tibbs
Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
D Tibbs is not the worst person
Pat is slowly becoming one of my favorites

Fuck bars

He really needs to battle in the US tho. Looking forward to his rounds vs calicoe
D Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:01 AM   #67
CBA

Quote:
Check it out I'm a mind reader, you're thinking about opening a dry cleaner that specializes in wife beaters. But seriously, how you can't think the dude is goddamn hilarious is beyond me. To each their own I suppose.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:04 AM   #68
system
Shit.

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
system is not the worst person
Baaaarrz
system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:05 AM   #69
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
I sing along to freebird everytime too
I prefer Simple Man and Mississipi Kid. That whole album is fire though.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:23 AM   #70
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
ya dfd is funny sometimes but he's simple as fuck lyrically in his battles. idk about his music cuz i dont listen to mandarin pop or vietnamese pho or w/e he does
Listening to Vietnamese pho>>>
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:27 AM   #71
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Check it out I'm a mind reader, you're thinking about opening a dry cleaner that specializes in wife beaters. But seriously, how you can't think the dude is goddamn hilarious is beyond me. To each their own I suppose.
its clever and humorous, yea

its not "genius" tho, im just saying
Old 02-17-2015, 03:30 AM   #72
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Pat is wrong to hate on bars, the real problem is battlers with zero character and no usps
i think thats what he's saying though. like if you have the character to pull off the bars go for it (ie. b magic)...his issue is that anyone can do bars if they really want to, so now you got mid tier zero charisma dudes like charron doing it and it just seems awkward.

granted charrons "bars" are pretty bad...but you got dudes in the fb group still saying "omg but charron had BARRRRRS"
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:37 AM   #73
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Everyone knows its more than just bars. If it was just about bars Heartless and QP would be the best in battle rap. It takes humour stage presence and "white privilege" helps in Canada and the Fresh coast too.

Tags
facts