Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Thoughts on the bunker and ppv experience for the bunker specifically

Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 PM   #41
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
I'd definitely suggest having more planned out discussions... the freewheeling nature of the commentary can be a huge put off after you find yourself in a 15 minute conversation that has no payoff
that's a fantastic idea actually.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #42
AVOCADO
VIP

AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
thanks everyone for the feedback btw
Old 09-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #43
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
High stakes battles deserve more time. Also, more high stakes battles would be nice.
King of the Dot/The Bunker Present: Currency Exchange

We've seen battlers are willing to put money up more often now. Charron's openly throwing racks up trying to get a match. Gjonaj was so confident in his ability to beat Psycoses that he beat him for $1,000 -- and claimed the shit was originally for $5,000. It added a whole layer of competition to a battle in the midcard, a new interesting angle/condition for a battle otherwise most would use as a bathroom break, and for no reason because battles all used to have that money attached to them. I have zero doubt you could round up some of the most bravado-powered motherfuckers in the game and put them in the bunker to compete for checks instead of just winning for whatever clout the crowd's gonna give them.

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #44
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Oh, a whole new point too.

I think the downtime between battles is dumb. You've got DBD crammed within a backdrop trying to sustain mic time for 20 minutes, but it could be simpler. The whole thing feels unprofessional in contrast to the context of the rest of the event, you know?

Here's the set of WWE's post-Smackdown Live! Talk Show segment called Talking Smack.

Now, while you've not got access to glassworkers and 40ft+ LCD screens to project the bunker's logo in stunning glowing graphic quality, you do have consistency in the barebones nature of the Bunker and a pretty basic knowledge of small-furnishing constructions. I assume with a little bit of work, some planning, and a couple Home Depot trips you could construct a dedicated panelist table for Dan (Or a new host, because the sub seems very hostile toward him keeping his spot), Chris, and whichever two guests they want to feature instead of having them "Alright, squeeze in here, let's get an interview!" over a backdrop. After a battle, you don't wanna hear Realiztic and Chris go at it subtly, you kinda wanna see Realiztic and Dunn D talk about what happened, give their opinions, have multiple views and refresh the viewers. It's a big update, but one that'd add to the Bunker's quality immensely.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-2016, 10:41 PM   #45
AVOCADO
VIP

hahahahaha
Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #46
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

seconded

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 PM   #47
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
honestly, the bunker is one of the best things in battle rap atm. So much better than WD and Blackout as well
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:42 PM   #48
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I dunno if it's possible to get some really big battles for the bunker or what the budget is. But I think bunker battles are more likely to have the 'classic' vibe than most of the recent mega events; something like Diz/Daylyt vs Bigg K would be insane, maybe see if y'all can get Pat Stay (vs a Cor/K/bender - bender would be sick!!) on a card at some point, for the cultcha
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #49
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
@AVOCADO really liking the Bunker events. I wouldn't be shocked if some top guys would take battles there at price cuts to put on a classic. At least a few of us agree Hollow vs Diz should go down there. That said, that would only be a good look with no 90 sec rounds. Also, have you been contacted about filming the Traffic event, is that something you'd consider, or conflict of interest?

I'd love to see Diz vs Hollow at the Bunker in April or sometime when it's not too hot. I also think 90 second rounds are dope but main events and co-main events should be at least 2 minute rounds but not more than 3.

As always I'm going to put in a plug for @AVOCADO to set up Illmaculate vs 24/7
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:29 AM   #50
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm a bit surprised by people's comments about the commentary, which has made KOTD events in general, great to watch
noone wants to look at a still pic, absolutely not and Chris tried implementing some debate idea last event and it was (thankfully) over as quick as it started
yes Dan is biased and its cool for us to bitch about it, but not if something is actually gonna be done about it
anyway on that -Dan & Chris>everything

The bunker events have been great, somewhat surprisingly so (very small card once and a kinda weird one, but both came out dope)
the free Friday was a nice touch too on those first 2

I agree the 90 sec. shit for big battles can be a hindrance but the environment overall is on point
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:11 AM   #51
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
I've only had the chance to get the Diz/DNA PPV just cause my weekend schedule always seems to conflict with when the events are, BUT...

If I had to pick one thing about bunker battles that stands out to me more than anything it's the round times, hands down.

Honestly battles have been a little stale for a while now and 45 minute-1 hour battles are not the business. I almost never rewatch a battle that long (or really at all)

But with the battles starting right away with no bullshit ads or whatever and the battles themselves being like 15 minutes I've found myself rewatching a lot more of them. Reminds me of gt battles when you'd watch like 10 times
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:12 AM   #52
BLEEZY
Capped In America

BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
And I can understand people's complaints about Dan but it's kinda like watching sports and there's a woman announcer. You just ignore it and watch the game.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:34 AM   #53
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
And I can understand people's complaints about Dan but it's kinda like watching sports and there's a woman announcer. You just ignore it and watch the game.
There are plenty of good female announcers, especially in bball. And there isn't a game going on when Dan is talking.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #54
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Quote:
There are plenty of good female announcers, especially in bball. And there isn't a game going on when Dan is talking.
Wow way to over analyze things. Good for you.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:53 AM   #55
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Tbf, it wasn't exactly the best analogy. There really are a lot of great female broadcasters in sports, js
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:55 AM   #56
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
I don't think I delved very far into the dumb thing you said but thanks bud!!
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 09-08-2016, 02:29 AM   #57
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
I'm a bit surprised by people's comments about the commentary, which has made KOTD events in general, great to watch
noone wants to look at a still pic, absolutely not and Chris tried implementing some debate idea last event and it was (thankfully) over as quick as it started
yes Dan is biased and its cool for us to bitch about it, but not if something is actually gonna be done about it
anyway on that -Dan & Chris>everything

The bunker events have been great, somewhat surprisingly so (very small card once and a kinda weird one, but both came out dope)
the free Friday was a nice touch too on those first 2

I agree the 90 sec. shit for big battles can be a hindrance but the environment overall is on point

well, that's the thing the dan/chris isn't bad, it's the presentation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-08-2016, 03:12 AM   #58
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't want to see Dan fired, and even though he needs to clean up his act it's not all his fault. To be fair, even though he sucks he does pretty good for a bare bones set. What cultured said about making a WWE like set is a good idea if feasible because I think he was saying to have both battlers there with better sound, more space. Chris and LS should stay too.. They aren't as memorable as Dan. Short battles except main events, give battlers a chance to gamble, can we treat them like horses and get odds with the audience in on the loot?

Last edited by Profess; 09-08-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:35 AM   #59
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I don't want to see Dan fired, and even though he needs to clean up his act it's not all his fault. To be fair, even though he sucks he does pretty good for a bare bones set. What cultured said about making a WWE like set is a good idea if feasible because I think he was saying to have both battlers there with better sound, more space. Chris and LS should stay too.. They aren't as memorable as Dan. Short battles except main events, give battlers a chance to gamble, can we treat them like horses and get odds with the audience in on the loot?
I actually like dan and think hes pretty cool. He's a talented dude in multiple fields. But still, he's a complete homer and I think he should seriously consider some of the criticisms for his own good. He's gonna benefit from making himself a better broadcaster much, much more than any of us will.

The aftershow thing sounds interesting tho tbr lol
Old 09-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #60
Nabisco

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Nabisco is not the worst person
I don't use this bish enough to know how to tag peeps but the Bunker and URL small room battles are the best things going in battle rap at the moment.

So thanks for that @AVO. It just brings back that old feel I fell in love with that seems to be fading from the cultcha as a whole.

Also, Dan is the Fox News/CNN of Battle Rap. No bias at all...
Nabisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 AM   #61
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Also J Dose vs Rich Dolarz and Joe Powers vs Sam Kolt would be dope

Last edited by Nikolas34520; 09-09-2016 at 12:34 AM.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:23 AM   #62
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Does anyone have a fucking clue where Illmac is?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2016, 12:44 AM   #63
Skr33
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Skr33 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
Some refrigerated warehouse in Portland, punching meat and humming Eye of The Tiger.
Skr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:29 AM   #64
csmith1877

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
csmith1877 is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
This... get illmac a crazy match at the bunker.
csmith1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #65
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Bring out some dope UK guys, Tony D, Gemini etc etc

I haven't bought a Bunker PPV yet but I always get the Mass/BO/WD ones as it's worth it money wise for a huge event (although staying up til 7am<<<<, it's a Saturday guys, you can start the event earlier surely), I don't know what the timings are like for a Bunker PPV but I'd like it not to totally ruin my sleeping pattern, I'm happy to stay up watching til like 2/3am but when an event doesn't even start battles til then, it's a massive turn off.

Loved the way these bunker battles look when they have dropped through, no long intros and straight into the battles.

I love the PPV commentary and the fact we're nitpicking about the things people are saying is a great place to be in, it adds something different to it and WD, BO are such monumental nights I actually look forward to it, and for someone on the other side of the pond who can't make it over to a mega event it's the next best thing.

If I'm buying a Bunker PPV I'd wanna know what time the stream starts, what time the first battle starts, and an estimated finish time, so I could like plan my life? 5/6 battle cards are perfect amount for one off events

2 warm up (60-90 second rounds)
2 mid card (90sec-2min rounds)
2 main event (2-3min rounds)

I know a lot of these things are out of your hands (battlers being divas and not turning up on time etc) but it's something that helps events run smoother and then you'll generally know how long breaks will be and can plan discussions and guests to have on the commentary and it won't feel as much like it's filling time with nonsense (with isn't all that often)

Keep innovating Avo!
RyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #66
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I like the bunky!

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:15 AM   #67
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMo View Post
Bring out some dope UK guys, Tony D, Gemini etc etc

I haven't bought a Bunker PPV yet but I always get the Mass/BO/WD ones as it's worth it money wise for a huge event (although staying up til 7am<<<<, it's a Saturday guys, you can start the event earlier surely), I don't know what the timings are like for a Bunker PPV but I'd like it not to totally ruin my sleeping pattern, I'm happy to stay up watching til like 2/3am but when an event doesn't even start battles til then, it's a massive turn off.
I mean, 2am in the UK is 6pm in Cali. That isn't an outrageous time to start battles.

I can't remember when the last one started but there was one that ended while it was still day time.
Quote:
Old 09-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #68
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Quote:
I mean, 2am in the UK is 6pm in Cali. That isn't an outrageous time to start battles.

I can't remember when the last one started but there was one that ended while it was still day time.
Haha I know it'll never change for a couple UK people that get PPV's I know, and like I said I've not got a Bunker PPV yet, just the mega-event ones
RyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #69
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMo View Post
Haha I know it'll never change for a couple UK people that get PPV's I know, and like I said I've not got a Bunker PPV yet, just the mega-event ones
Yeah I'm just sayin, Cali is 3 hours behind Toronto on top of that big ol' ocean of time difference

the Bunker's at least felt better time management wise. Still delays because battle rap but it hasn't been as infuriating
Quote:
Old 09-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #70
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Honestly (and this is just my opinion, I'm really not tryna come off as a hater), I really believe that for whatever reason, *some battle rappers/staff think it's perfectly cool to insult and antagonize supporters and paying customers. Not everyone does it, but some rappers/staff do, and it's baffling to me how supportive some of the fans are about this. That's another topic for another day tho.
Because whether you like them or not, they're supposed to be artists, not service providers. An artist's ethos should be to apply self-determination and produce whatever content THEY are personally inspired to produce. If an artist is letting his audience influence his creative output then he's sacrificing integrity. Retailers, athletes, politicians etc have a responsibility to satisfy their customers, fans, constituents, but artists do not need to conform like that.

This sense of entitlement that fans (not you) possess nowadays irritates me. No fans will have dared to advise or lecture The Roots when they were creating masterpieces in the 90s, they did what the fuck they wanted. And as I know you agree, Battle-Rap fans are an abrasive bunch anyway, so forgive battlers for ignoring them.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #71
riffic
RYD ;

did dis dude just compare king fly to black thought
Quote:
Old 09-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #72
My Kall

My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm sorry, I would neg myself if I could. I started out rational and as I was typing I got carried away.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #73
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
did dis dude just compare king fly to black thought
who is more underrated Black Thought or Pharoahe Monch?

ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 PM   #74
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Because whether you like them or not, they're supposed to be artists, not service providers. An artist's ethos should be to apply self-determination and produce whatever content THEY are personally inspired to produce. If an artist is letting his audience influence his creative output then he's sacrificing integrity. Retailers, athletes, politicians etc have a responsibility to satisfy their customers, fans, constituents, but artists do not need to conform like that.

This sense of entitlement that fans (not you) possess nowadays irritates me. No fans will have dared to advise or lecture The Roots when they were creating masterpieces in the 90s, they did what the fuck they wanted. And as I know you agree, Battle-Rap fans are an abrasive bunch anyway, so forgive battlers for ignoring them.
That's actually a really interesting and good point you make, but still, I'm giving them money for a service not for art. Also, the artistic part really only applies to the performers.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #75
My Kall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
who is more underrated Black Thought or Pharoahe Monch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsmXpIr1dbU
Dunno if either are underrated. I've always been more of a Black Thought fan though, one of my favourite voices ever incidentally. I don't listen to either of their 2000s music, besides like several tracks. Since we're the subject of Organized Konfusion and The Roots, Prince Poetry and Malik B are underrated for what they did in the 90s.

Tags
gloveup, teamganik, teamgully