Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
How bad did UW fuck their stock up? Why???

Old 03-17-2015, 05:39 AM   #1
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
How bad did UW fuck their stock up? Why???

why did they never post the HD battles from high stakes wtf??
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
DonnyOni
Cleto Reyes Gloves

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
DonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time Antarctica
They did didn't they? They released lux/hollow and day/magic iirc.

They waited too long.

And maybe the name itself was the fault.

Is it true that they had copyright/infringement problems of the sort ant that's why they changed to udubb?
DonnyOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:50 AM   #3
VAallDAY

VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyOni View Post
They did didn't they? They released lux/hollow and day/magic iirc.

They waited too long.

And maybe the name itself was the fault.

Is it true that they had copyright/infringement problems of the sort ant that's why they changed to udubb?
nah they only posted lux vs hollow like a year late or some shit

the other 3 were all classics too they really missed out on sum views
Old 03-17-2015, 05:56 AM   #4
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I'm just speculating, but I think there's probably some business problems with the company that did the PPV. I mean, the switch to UDUBB was alway suspicious to me. Could be that they went bankrupt from the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
Hoe Rogan
PityPostdotcom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hoe Rogan is not the worst person
Udubb has no stock anyway lol. That company is broke and camera people never got paid so they never got the footage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoe Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
They followed up a top-ten event with a garbage event. They have dropped like 2 really good battles since then. You have to maintain your momentum otherwise this is what happens (See also Australia, which many people thought would be the number 2 league at one point!).
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:07 AM   #7
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I'm just speculating, but I think there's probably some business problems with the company that did the PPV. I mean, the switch to UDUBB was alway suspicious to me. Could be that they went bankrupt from the event.
Ding ding
Old 03-17-2015, 06:12 AM   #8
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If I recall correctly, Seanzo is right. There was a business dispute between UW, UStream and Alchemy Networks over the rights to the footage (and this was after Hollow went to the press about how the High Stakes battles wouldn't be released to YouTube, due to some weird contractual thing involving Lux). Suffice to say, Lux vs. Hollow ended up being the only battle released on YouTube from High Stakes, almost six months after the event took place.

For whatever reason, none of the other battles saw an official release, UW changed into U DUBB after UW bankrupted themselves from High Stakes, and have gone from throwing an event with a couple OK performances to their last few battles posted struggling to break four digit views. Simply put, High Stakes was the best/worst thing to happen to UW/U DUBB.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:18 AM   #9
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
@iamHBY is super on point, like so much so that I'm wondering how I've never noticed him before, as he seems to be knowledgeable af. Anyway, the thing about UW is they were always kinda up and down. They threw the first 3 events with Ars vs Rex, Clips and Math, then disappeared for a long time, then came back when it became clear URL wouldn't be able to do Hollow/Lux and snatched it up. After that, they disappeared again. Add in the behind the scenes stuff that iambhy said (and I heard about as well) and yeah, that's UW in a nutshell
Old 03-17-2015, 06:22 AM   #10
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
pretty sure if you throw in a request on that one site which post bootlegs you could get served with OG crisp HD footage form High Stakes
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:34 AM   #11
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
@iamHBY is super on point, like so much so that I'm wondering how I've never noticed him before, as he seems to be knowledgeable af. Anyway, the thing about UW is they were always kinda up and down. They threw the first 3 events with Ars vs Rex, Clips and Math, then disappeared for a long time, then came back when it became clear URL wouldn't be able to do Hollow/Lux and snatched it up. After that, they disappeared again. Add in the behind the scenes stuff that iambhy said (and I heard about as well) and yeah, that's UW in a nutshell
First off, thanks, greatly appreciated. I need to post on here more, considering how much I look at the posts on here.

Secondly, that perfectly sums up UW/U DUBB. They threw two events in 2012 (the ones with Ars/Rex and Ars/Math as the main event), one in 2013 (the one with Ars/Clips, Day/Shotty, etc), High Stakes, and then that Annihilation event that killed what little momentum they had left after High Stakes.

Also, UW/U DUBB never really did anything to make themselves not look like a URL knock-off (and they had an opportunity to develop T-Top early on, and never did anything with him).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #12
VAallDAY

this was their shot at breaking thru.. if this event was financially succesful they coulda kept putting on crazy battles

udubb also needs to pick up Bigg K

Bigg K vs Daylyt on udubb would be crazy

Last edited by VAallDAY; 03-17-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:53 AM   #13
Bawlin

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Bawlin is better than Grind Time AustraliaBawlin is better than Grind Time Australia
The Board of Directors selected an inappropriate capital structure causing them to lose significant revenue for their shareholders.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #14
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
this is the reason, Arsonal spoke about it on Battleraparena before.

The deal they signed for the PPV completely fucked them.

Quote:
Probably, because the ultimate Warrior was out of his god damn mind and had taken multiple people in the past to court over the name Ultimate Warrior.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #15
eYe UrN miC TiE SuN
BANNED

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
eYe UrN miC TiE SuN is not the worst person
Someone from UDUBB camp already posted what happened, i'm lazy to find the actual link but here is the cliffnotes.

Ultimate Warrior the battle rap company infringed on WWE's intellectual property of Ultimate Warrior the wrestler. WWE were the ones who sent out a C&D and made them change their name to UDUBB. Just as the orignal WWF wild life conservation group made them change their name to WWE.

The timing was purely coincidental. The reason the footage released so late is because after WWE went after them UDUBB they went after the footage company to have them change everything, but didn't want to pay for those changes. Thus the footage quality footage was canned and the relationship turned sour.
eYe UrN miC TiE SuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #16
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
More Classics are needed for UW to advance.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #17
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by eYe UrN miC TiE SuN View Post
Someone from UDUBB camp already posted what happened, i'm lazy to find the actual link but here is the cliffnotes.

Ultimate Warrior the battle rap company infringed on WWE's intellectual property of Ultimate Warrior the wrestler. WWE were the ones who sent out a C&D and made them change their name to UDUBB. Just as the orignal WWF wild life conservation group made them change their name to WWE.

The timing was purely coincidental. The reason the footage released so late is because after WWE went after them UDUBB they went after the footage company to have them change everything, but didn't want to pay for those changes. Thus the footage quality footage was canned and the relationship turned sour.
You're right except it wasnt the WWE (WWF) who threatened legal action.
I thought it was the Ultimate Warrior himself apparently.

I think UW trademarked/copyrighted and legally changed his name to Ultimate Warrior when he left the WWF years back. Apparently changing his birthname to ultimate warrior was the legal loophole he could use to keep his brand to himself and not with Vince McMahon.

I might be wrong but I've heard other stories about UW's aggressive defense of his IP.

Anyways heard he was a bit of a dick but regardless RIP Ultimate Warrior the man.... not the battle league.

Tags
rip ultimate warrior (1959-2014)