UNANYMOUS VS SHUFFLE-T | Don't Flop Rap Battle

View Poll Results: Who won?
Shuffle-T 18 52.94%
Unanymous 16 47.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
UNANYMOUS VS SHUFFLE-T | Don't Flop Rap Battle

Last edited by riffic; 10-24-2015 at 07:04 PM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
@iamHBY can you start making these polls public when you create? We can't change it retroactively. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #3
ca9rl

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
ca9rl is not the worst person
Unan was unexpectedly good and Shuffle was a grade or two short of his A-game. It says a lot about their respective natural levels of quality that it was a still a very close battle.
ca9rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
TOPR Holiday
VIP

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
TOPR Holiday is not the worst person
Unan kinda killed this, tbh.
TOPR Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
Pause
Certified clown

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Pause is not the worst person
yea thought it would be unwatchable but Unan was actually very good
Pause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #6
dog
koira

dog is a PY Poster
That 3rd round from Shuffle, poor Unan.

Does anyone ever keep time in DF battles?
dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #7
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
@iamHBY can you start making these polls public when you create? We can't change it retroactively. Thanks.
I'll remember to do that from here on out, my bad.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'll remember to do that from here on out, my bad.
No problem, man! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #9
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
thought shuffle got every round but they were all close.

unan not taking him self as seriousl/having fun in battles is real good to watch though.
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:23 AM   #10
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
More of this Unan tbh.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:32 AM   #11
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Unan... I was honestly trying to give it to Shuffle due to an unexplained bias towards Unan.. but he really delivered way beyond my usual expectations. I feel anyone who gave Shuffle the win did so out of said bias. Just my feelings. But yeah, Unan took this pretty convincingly.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:36 AM   #12
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this is the first unan performance i actually enjoyed
Old 10-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #13
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
I was so fucking tired watching this i crashed after two but i enjoyed both dudes immensely with Shuffle taking both rounds i saw pretty easy. Definitely the best Unan for like five battles but you can tell he had to neutralize his shit cuz Shuffle would've made him look ridiculous. To me, that's already points in Shuffs favor and then his content/delivery just overpowered everything Unan had to say. Will watch third shortly.
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #14
THE KING

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
THE KING is not the worst person
Hilarious battle. Big fan of both, more of this from unan please
THE KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #15
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I've been saying this since Unan's Chris Leese battle; as long as he has fun with it and doesn't do what he thinks his fans want to see, he can kill it.

Great battle, will have to watch again to call it, really close.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #16
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
dead at the polls being even,voting shuffle makes you suspect as fuck imo.

also smh at this not being stickied,mods are idiots it seems....

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:58 PM   #17
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Even if he hasn't won his last two battles, goes to show that Shuffle's been doing something right if both of his opponents felt the need to completely change things up (or at least try to) specifically for him.

Cool battle though, Shuffle wasn't as good as he can be and Unan was a bit hit and miss but I'm glad he switched his approach a bit, he's far more bearable when he mixes it up instead of 3 rounds of constant listing of Egyptian monuments.

"...luckily I brought just the weapon to counteract them funny methods, you're this because of X, Y- I'll kick your fucking head in" was >>>>>
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:04 AM   #18
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
dead at the polls being even,voting shuffle makes you suspect as fuck imo.

also smh at this not being stickied,mods are idiots it seems....
Mods don't decide what gets stickied, it's about the interest from people posting on the forum.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 AM   #19
FORCEDMULTI

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
FORCEDMULTI is not the worst person
I got Unan 2-1 taking the 1st two rounds.

Shuffle was good as always. Unan was better than normal. Loved his direct approach.

It's interesting, Unanymous has become a sympathetic character in my eyes. He gets picked on in most of his higher profile battles for acting like a "tough guy" and rapping about fantasy shit. And then it comes to light that he's assaulted an ex-gf when he was younger which is fucking horrible, but kids are stupid and we don't know the whole story. Then people make fun of his mom for being an addict. I sorta feel like he's officially an underdog and all of this works in his favor. Shuffle is dope, but he's like a nerdy bully cuz he's clearly smarter than most of these dudes especially Unan. All of this mixed with Unan taking a new approach and coming really direct. He took the wind out of Shuffle's sales.

Shuffle rapped too fast in the first. It took away from the rounds effectiveness.

Although his Tupac bar "I fucked your bitch you fat motherfucker (puts on shades and smokes a fake joint) was maybe my favorite thing from the battle.

Really good battle tho
FORCEDMULTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:36 AM   #20
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
watched again including the third and its hard to call. Both killed the room and had a lot of fun with it. Shuffle just hit much harder and went much deeper to me. Super yes homo.
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #21
mirvmirvin

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
mirvmirvin is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORCEDMULTI View Post
And then it comes to light that he's assaulted an ex-gf when he was younger which is fucking horrible, but kids are stupid and we don't know the whole story.
yeah he wasn't much younger. this was in the last year or two.
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plym...ail/story.html

beastmode at the grocery store

crushin' it at the airport

rampaging all weekend *lil pic of him playing online poker*

it's endearing
mirvmirvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #22
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I got Unan 2-1 taking the 1st two rounds.

Shuffle was good as always. Unan was better than normal. Loved his direct approach.

It's interesting, Unanymous has become a sympathetic character in my eyes. He gets picked on in most of his higher profile battles for acting like a "tough guy" and rapping about fantasy shit. And then it comes to light that he's assaulted an ex-gf when he was younger which is fucking horrible, but kids are stupid and we don't know the whole story. Then people make fun of his mom for being an addict. I sorta feel like he's officially an underdog and all of this works in his favor. Shuffle is dope, but he's like a nerdy bully cuz he's clearly smarter than most of these dudes especially Unan. All of this mixed with Unan taking a new approach and coming really direct. He took the wind out of Shuffle's sales.

Shuffle rapped too fast in the first. It took away from the rounds effectiveness.

Although his Tupac bar "I fucked your bitch you fat motherfucker (puts on shades and smokes a fake joint) was maybe my favorite thing from the battle.

Really good battle tho
My reaction to what's presented is, I think, less kind than yours. Genuine props for being able to have that sympathy. How he is presented at any depth of perception is what makes me dislike him.

Endless rough, violent bars about how you better not fuck with him and what he'll do to you. Psychosis punked him. Shotty punked him. Diz punked him. Money Mitch punked him. Think there's others, but I can't remember.

He can fight though; same problem as Gemini, I hate guys who're peacekeepers around other guys but find their courage when it's a woman in front of them:
TOMMIE VILLIS, aged 22, of Pasley Street, Stoke: assaulting a woman by beating her in breach of two conditional discharges – 12-month community order with 120 hours unpaid work, ordered to pay 50 compensation, 60 victim surcharge and 20 costs.

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plym...#ixzz3pgAxqE5m
His persona-wide homage to Dizaster, that only started developing that "swag" aspect after the Pat vs Diz battle. Even that little Shotty flow injected in this battle against Shuffle.

The high-school "if I laugh with them when they punk me maybe they'll stop" defense mechanisms.

How he appears to be becoming a caricature, a parody of himself as the latest detour in the search for acceptance.

I even dislike the word "paragraphs" now.

All this and it's not even hate. I kind of get that sort of sympathy, but, yh (yes hippie), I just want him to find himself and appear comfortable one time. Perhaps I'm totally wrong on all of this, but if I'm not he must be an exhausting person to be.

The "your mother's a junkie" angle keeps getting used but it showed to be effective - so effective that now it garners extra reaction if he uses it. Besides that he barely addresses it - though does so with more depth here against Shuffle. Doubt it'll kill the angle though.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
King Koopa
gtfo my castle son

King Koopa is not the worst person
Shuffle slightly edged it pretty much every round, but this wasn't the bodybag I thought it would be. Unan slowed down his delivery and seemed like a genuine person in this battle, and that goes a long way in my opinion. Best Unan performance I've ever seen, easily.
King Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:34 AM   #24
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This humorous and occasionally barring out Unan is the only one that I want to see.

Unan got this one. People say that Shuffle made Unan change his style, but that is the point of battle rapping! Predict what your opponent will say and find some way to counteract it. By changing his style and mixing comedy with his usual kill-em-all bars, it made Unan look a lot more complete, while making a lot of what Shuffle said irrelevant.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 AM   #25
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Shuffle hasnt won a battle since Anton Murphy
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #26
FORCEDMULTI

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
FORCEDMULTI is not the worst person
Yikes. Honestly didn't know Unan was an adult when he beat his lady up. My apologies for attempting to defend him on that tip.

This battle is interesting.

I only watched once, but to me it looked like Shuffle was genuinely surprised that Marlo participated in Unan's last round.

I'm an American and I don't go on the DF boards. Is there any dissension between Shuff and Mar as of recent? I mean, not based on this battle, but like overall jealousy of people respecting Shuffle more than Marlo?
FORCEDMULTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:54 AM   #27
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
I'm an American and I don't go on the DF boards. Is there any dissension between Shuff and Mar as of recent? I mean, not based on this battle, but like overall jealousy of people respecting Shuffle more than Marlo?
Oddly enough it seems to be the other way around from what I get to read on Viewpoint. People rate Marlo a lot higher for some reason.

Idk about jealousy neither, they have another 2v2 coming up. Perhaps they'll have a few bars addressing the rumours to put the whole thing to sleep.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:47 AM   #28
Step Easy
@stepeasy3rdave

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Step Easy is not the worst person
Unans rounds are so long. Thought Shuffle won all 3 decisively.
Step Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #29
BATTLERAP BITCH
I'm a white boy

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
BATTLERAP BITCH is not the worst person
"Snake..snake.. I snaked him.. I fucking snaked him.. SSSSSSSS"

Hahahaha Marlo is a hero
Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #30
BATTLERAP BITCH
I'm a white boy

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
BATTLERAP BITCH is not the worst person
Shuffle won this easily btw
Old 10-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #31
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Oddly enough it seems to be the other way around from what I get to read on Viewpoint. People rate Marlo a lot higher for some reason.
He won the bad bars battle!!
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #32
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
He won the bad bars battle!!
Yeah but wouldn't that mean... he's worse?
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #33
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Unanymous's 3rd round was not good.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #34
Fader321
Misanthropic Bastard

Fader321 is not the worst person
Picking a side in this one is dam near impossible ....really like this one gave unan the win but just by a little bit.....he was on some shit this battle...mixed it up some he should keep doin that

the sherrys are flowing darling was mad funny
Fader321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8211, ixzz3pgaxqe5m