Smack/URL Presents: Aye Verb vs Nu Jerzey Twork l URLTV

View Poll Results: Who won?
Aye Verb 9 69.23%
Nu Jerzey Twork 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Presents: Aye Verb vs Nu Jerzey Twork l URLTV

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:49 AM   #2
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
twork's third might still be round of the year. so many haymakers
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:09 AM   #3
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Here's my reasoning for why I had Verb winning the battle 2-1, in the 1st and 2nd rounds, while Twork took the 3rd.

Round 1: I thought Twork had some OK material like the "Maxwell/hit Pretty Wings" bar, the sleep paralysis bar, and then it seemed like he was going to go into something creative with the "Showtime/break a leg" bar, but then he abruptly ended the round early. Meanwhile, I thought Verb took the round, not just because he had a full 1st round, but because of stuff like the "simmer sound" segment, the "squares moves around/Rubik's Cube" bar, "Slappin' 5 like Makidada," the flip of Twork's slogan, and the whole segment with the Gambit bar. Pretty solid 1st from Verb IMO.

Round 2: Twork picked some steam back up after choking in the 1st. I liked the Wiffle ball bar, the drinking gourd bar was cool, the St. Lunatics closer was solid; but outside of that, I thought Twork had too many moments of either bad wordplay (e.g.: the "malfunction/mouth function" bar, the ukuleles bar, etc.) weirdly worded setups (e.g.: the "Season two/sequel" part), or odd references for my liking (I see that Avril Lavigne did a cover of "Knockin' On Heaven's Doors," but that song's mostly associated with either Bob Dylan or Guns N' Roses). Meanwhile, I thought Verb low-key snapped in this round in a sort of Ness Lee or B-Magic way, where his delivery sounded effortless as he was rattling off some creative material. "You don't earn stripes if you don't urn somethin'" stood out to me in a segment with a few other quotable lines, I liked the Mr. McDowell bar, "I will crack your skull open, take your scariest thoughts and make children's movies out 'em" to me was the best bar from Verb, "He just a loud punch liner, a word stretcher, I commend your superb effort // But you know how many rappers with that same style I got sittin' on Verb's stretchers?" was slick, and then I liked the pebble pusher closer, that was cold. So I got Verb up 2-0 by this point.

Round 3: This was Twork's best round IMO. The chain of events bar was solid, I liked the propaganda bar, as well as the "Think outside the box, he open minded" bar. I'd say his best bar of the round was the "It ain't gon' be that though, BOW, yes it is" segment, and he ended the round strong with the hoodie down bar (although I thought the "Corn talkin'/Veggie Tale" bar before the "Strapped In" wasn't good). Verb had a nice little segment with that "I get it, you impersonate and then perpetrate // All the rappers you like, put they styles in a pot, copy/rehearse and paste" segment, and it seemed like he was going to have something solid with the purse snatching angle, but it didn't lead to anything with a payoff IMO, and then the end of his round kinda fizzled out. So I gave Twork the 3rd, but ended up giving Verb the 1st and 2nd in a battle that I can understand why it was a highlight from SMACK Vol. 2.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:12 AM   #4
DonnieDarko1023

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DonnieDarko1023 is not the worst person
I was thinking Verb was up 2-0 but it’s almost like Twork made the whole battle debatable in the 3rd......I’m confused
DonnieDarko1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
tworks third was phenomenal , this battle comes down purely to thr second tbh and im not sure who i give that two pretty much the same as when i first saw it
Old 08-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #6
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Verb roasted this weirdo
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #7
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Crowd was gassing Twerk.. oh gee whiz he took his hoodie off
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:27 AM   #8
iamHBY

The "ukuleles," "permanente" and "malfunctions" bars are a hat trick of some of the worst wordplay I've heard in a single year.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
The "ukuleles," "permanente" and "malfunctions" bars are a hat trick of some of the worst wordplay I've heard in a single year.
Remembering thinking the same. The round was just spat enthusiastically and was kind of long.

Verb got this battle comfortably!!
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #10
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Twork had an Avril Lavean line
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 PM   #11
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Verb got this. Good battle.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #12
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
verb won 2-1... first round was light from both but verb is just a better rapper

twork a problem tho

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags