Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Lord Jamar vs eminem

Old 10-18-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Lord Jamar vs eminem

Recently in a vlad interview Vlad suggested that Jamar get his boys from brand Nubian and make a response to Eminem. Jamar responded by saying "that shits corny". What do the people think?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #2
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
i listened to a brand nubian album recently, dope for its time but wouldn't go well.

Eminem is to battling what Jamar is to Vlad interviews
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
i listened to a brand nubian album recently, dope for its time but wouldn't go well.

Eminem is to battling what Jamar is to Vlad interviews
I think the thing that stuck out to me was Jamar saying it was "corny." How is making a diss track to someone that dissed you corny in the world of hip hop? What part of the game is that? To me that seems like the most hip hop thing you could do in that situation.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
I think the thing that stuck out to me was Jamar saying it was "corny." How is making a diss track to someone that dissed you corny in the world of hip hop? What part of the game is that? To me that seems like the most hip hop thing you could do in that situation.

Especially being the hip hop purist Jamar promotes himself as.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Jamar should just take a sample of Eminem referencing him, put it at the start of a song then do a black power verse and don't even talk about Eminem

Eminem can't say shit in response to this and even if the verse isn't that great people will rock with it anyway
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #6
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:

Quote:
Especially being the hip hop purist Jamar promotes himself as.

Did you just quote yourself
Old 10-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Jamar says it's corny because he's a knowledge rapper not a battle rapper. He's staying in his lane
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #8
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Jamar says it's corny because he's a knowledge rapper not a battle rapper. He's staying in his lane
If he would just come out and speak the truth "I can't hang when it comes to this battle shit," I'd accept it. But saying battling is corny is pretty much the corniest thing you can say when someone starts taking sideways about you.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #9
MrFujiwara
VIP

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
MrFujiwara is not the worst person
Its corny because it would be a bunch of 50+ year old men making a song disparaging a 40+ year old man.
MrFujiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #10
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lord jamar is a hater and you can do joint diss records pac had some dudes on hit em up
Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #11
Cuntoffs are Jumps

but isn't Jamar purposefully playing this elderly statesman , curmudgeon type role I mean he's not active, more of an argument that Budden should go at Em IMO
Old 10-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #12
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
c'mon, Brand Nubian making a diss song would just be weird. They are all about spirituality and consciousness, it's not their style.

Unless they remake Slow Down but with Eminem...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #13
Benzo

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Benzo is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
c'mon, Brand Nubian making a diss song would just be weird. They are all about spirituality and consciousness, it's not their style.

Unless they remake Slow Down but with Eminem...
umm, punks jump up to get beat down.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:43 AM   #14
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
brand nubian isn't even particularly together right now i don't think......sadat x is out touring with el da sensai......them reuiniting just to diss Em is dumb lol

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #15
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
brand nubian isn't even particularly together right now i don't think......sadat x is out touring with el da sensai......them reuiniting just to diss Em is dumb lol
Well they're not making music as a group but they're still all on good terms. Why would that be dumb? One of the biggest names in hip hop just dissed you, you going to not respond and still call yourself an emcee?

Old 10-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #16
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
He's not though, remember when he dissed Kanye with that "lift up your skirt " or whatever. Dude is scared to get into a battle with Eminem and that's really all there is to it.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:01 AM   #17
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Well they're not making music as a group but they're still all on good terms. Why would that be dumb? One of the biggest names in hip hop just dissed you, you going to not respond and still call yourself an emcee?

cuz its dumb

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 10-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #18
griminey

Quote:
cuz its dumb
The discourse on this site has plummeted even further, as if that was even possible.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:57 PM   #19
Cuntoffs are Jumps

We can go lower
Old 10-22-2018, 02:07 AM   #20
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
We can go lower
Where Brodeezy at?!?
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #21
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quick to toast an emcee just like an English muffin
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #22
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:

Eminem= rippedy raps

Brand Nubian= hip hop

Different caliber
Old 10-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #23
Devilmatic

Devilmatic is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Eminem= rippedy raps

Brand Nubian= hip hop

Different caliber
yeah true Brand Nubian can't rap for shit no arguments here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
Appreciate the concern. I didn't get raped btw lol
Devilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:22 AM   #24
The Wrist
my first name is The

Quote:
The discourse on this site has plummeted even further, as if that was even possible.

you're right. i'm sorry I didn't take this outlandish idea super serious. allow me to repent

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 10-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #25
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:

They're not kids on the come up, they're in their late 40s/early 50s, why would they care about that shit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #26
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
They're not kids on the come up, they're in their late 40s/early 50s, why would they care about that shit?
Here's the thing, Jamar often speaks on the being true to the history of hip hop and passing down wisdom to the youth. Wouldn't this be a great time to show the youth some real hip hop shit by keeping it on wax and firing back at em? Showing the young people that these old dudes still got it? Wouldn't it be fucking cool just to see brand Nubian go for it? I'd love it.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #27
griminey

Quote:
you're right. i'm sorry I didn't take this outlandish idea super serious. allow me to repent
What is outlandish about brand Nubian making a diss record?

Old 10-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #28
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Sorry yall but yes it is corny for Brand Nubian, the Pro-Black, 5 percenter, pioneering hip hop GROUP, to REUNITE to do a diss track to Eminem, the biggest selling white rapper of all time because Em finally responded to a 5 year old comment 1 member made. Let us put aside the fact that 9 times outta 10, had this not occurred and snowballed with all types of added outside opinions and reiterations, Em would have most likely agreed with Jamar that he is a guest in hip hop.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #29
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmatic View Post
yeah true Brand Nubian can't rap for shit no arguments here
Yeah okay whitey
Old 10-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #30
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Sorry yall but yes it is corny for Brand Nubian, the Pro-Black, 5 percenter, pioneering hip hop GROUP, to REUNITE to do a diss track to Eminem, the biggest selling white rapper of all time because Em finally responded to a 5 year old comment 1 member made. Let us put aside the fact that 9 times outta 10, had this not occurred and snowballed with all types of added outside opinions and reiterations, Em would have most likely agreed with Jamar that he is a guest in hip hop.
Lord Jamar has kept Eminem name in his mouth 5 years you mean.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:08 AM   #31
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Kind of funny Jamar played the role of a 5 percenter in the show OZ as well

RA The Rugged Man agreed with himself being a guess in hip hop for whats it's worth. Sadat X did tracks with him and Everlast, so I doubt he's as invested in the borderline race baiting as much as Jamar. I agree without the constant Vlad interviews and follow up response vids from others, it wouldn't of been as big of a deal

Don't agree with rappers being so old that they can't perform, rap has to be the only genre that people take shit for being too old to old. David Bowie was literally on his death bed making music. With that being said, I really have no interest in a Lord Jamar response let alone Brand Nubian who doesn't seem invested in this anyway. I get Em being annoyed with Jamar, but he probably should of just bit the bullet and not brought his name back up. The majority of the old school rappers give Em his props for his contributions to the culture anyway, can't please everybody
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #32
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Lord Jamar has kept Eminem name in his mouth 5 years you mean.
To be fair Vlad kept bringing him up; so much so that recently Jamar would look annoyed to have to keep revisiting the topic and would give Em half-assed props here and there because the narrative had grown tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
Kind of funny Jamar played the role of a 5 percenter in the show OZ as well

RA The Rugged Man agreed with himself being a guess in hip hop for whats it's worth. Sadat X did tracks with him and Everlast, so I doubt he's as invested in the borderline race baiting as much as Jamar. I agree without the constant Vlad interviews and follow up response vids from others, it wouldn't of been as big of a deal

Don't agree with rappers being so old that they can't perform, rap has to be the only genre that people take shit for being too old to old. David Bowie was literally on his death bed making music. With that being said, I really have no interest in a Lord Jamar response let alone Brand Nubian who doesn't seem invested in this anyway. I get Em being annoyed with Jamar, but he probably should of just bit the bullet and not brought his name back up. The majority of the old school rappers give Em his props for his contributions to the culture anyway, can't please everybody
Race baiting isn't a thing; it is a Fox News term BUT I agree wit everything else you said

Trust that my old ass def would not be the one to tell someone they are too old to fire shots or to answer them; I was just saying that them coming together and going out of the way, with all their accolades and prestige, to diss EM could be construed as corny.
Beyond that, what would it prove?:
-very few people on any side of the debate would doubt that Em would win a exchange of diss songs
-nothing would change about either of their statuses except for maybe each of them introducing the other to potential new fans

And lets be honest, Jamar didn't say much wrong

He said whites are guests in the house of hip hop-fact
He said Eminem is a great technical rhymer but doesn't make music black people can relate to -pretty damn factish
He said he couldn't be a GOAT if only white people regard him as such-I would agree IF only white people did, but there are certainly black artists that put him up there (this one is a debatable; I personally don't consider him GOAT)
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #33
griminey

Quote:
To be fair Vlad kept bringing him up; so much so that recently Jamar would look annoyed to have to keep revisiting the topic and would give Em half-assed props here and there because the narrative had grown tired.

Race baiting isn't a thing; it is a Fox News term BUT I agree wit everything else you said

Trust that my old ass def would not be the one to tell someone they are too old to fire shots or to answer them; I was just saying that them coming together and going out of the way, with all their accolades and prestige, to diss EM could be construed as corny.
Beyond that, what would it prove?:
-very few people on any side of the debate would doubt that Em would win a exchange of diss songs
-nothing would change about either of their statuses except for maybe each of them introducing the other to potential new fans

And lets be honest, Jamar didn't say much wrong

He said whites are guests in the house of hip hop-fact
He said Eminem is a great technical rhymer but doesn't make music black people can relate to -pretty damn factish
He said he couldn't be a GOAT if only white people regard him as such-I would agree IF only white people did, but there are certainly black artists that put him up there (this one is a debatable; I personally don't consider him GOAT)
I agree that the guest thing got blown hugely out of proportion. Any sensible person would agree with it, I find most people that don't, are usually just people that dislike Jamar on a personal level.

I don't really listen to Eminem, however when I was younger I'd bump him here and there. But when people like kool g rap, and Rakim rate him up there as being one of the best that means an awful lot more to me than jamars opinion. Overall I do think the guest shit got way bigger than jamar intended, mostly because of Vlad. But I'd still love for an old school group like Nubian to make a song in response, I'd just love to see that shit Jamar has to say get said on a record. Like, this is hip hop, let's diss this guy. Sure, the majority of people would view em as winning no matter what happened, I'd just like to see it.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #34
Devilmatic

Devilmatic is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Yeah okay whitey
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
Appreciate the concern. I didn't get raped btw lol
Devilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #35
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post

Don't agree with rappers being so old that they can't perform, rap has to be the only genre that people take shit for being too old to old. David Bowie was literally on his death bed making music.
Nobody said they're too old to rap it's just the idea of getting back together to write a diss at 50 is weird.

People take shit in rap for being too old when they just do uninspired throwbacks. David Bowie was on his death bed making music about being on his death bed.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by rogermellie; 10-25-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #36
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Resident old head here. Bought ‘All For One’ in cassette during release day. Camelot Music. I was in the 9th grade.

The last I checked for Brand Nubian was that Enter the Dubstep shit from earlier in the decade. That whole project felt like some white hipsters trying too hard for cred. On top of that, making the music “their way”. The whole shit just felt contrived.

Anyway, I like to keep up with Lord Jamar interviews, no matter how outlandish. I appreciated the “guests” discussion and agree with it. Here, though, it’s another case of Vlad trying to stoke fires where none exist. He is long overdue for a broken nose.

Now, back to my Metamucil and blood pressure medicine.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #37
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post

The last I checked for Brand Nubian was that Enter the Dubstep shit from earlier in the decade. That whole project felt like some white hipsters trying too hard for cred. On top of that, making the music “their way”. The whole shit just felt contrived.
Haha fucking hell I completely forgot about this, I had the Wu Tang Clan one on Vinyl. Other than a nice remix of Street Corners the whole thing was trash iirc.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #38
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
Resident old head here. Bought ‘All For One’ in cassette during release day. Camelot Music. I was in the 9th grade.

Anyway, I like to keep up with Lord Jamar interviews, no matter how outlandish. I appreciated the “guests” discussion and agree with it. Here, though, it’s another case of Vlad trying to stoke fires where none exist. He is long overdue for a broken nose.

Now, back to my Metamucil and blood pressure medicine.
Lord Jamar, Willie d, and TK Kirkland are pretty much the sole reasons I keep up with the channel. Even if I disagree with them their interviews are always interesting.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #39
grandgroove

Quote:
Lord Jamar, Willie d, and TK Kirkland are pretty much the sole reasons I keep up with the channel. Even if I disagree with them their interviews are always interesting.

Nice! I saw Willie D on a tour sometime back in the aughts. No vocal overdubs, two-hour show. He took the time to talk to everyone who came up to him afterward. It was a good night.