FIRE BATTLE Smack/URL Presents: Daylyt vs Tay Roc

View Poll Results: Who won?
Daylyt 6 100.00%
Tay Roc 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Presents: Daylyt vs Tay Roc

https://urltv.page.link/QR8V
iamHBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pointless if more than half the people on here aint got the app tbh
Old 07-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #3
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
@iamHBY is the God of posting battles but i gotta agree with @youdontwannabethatguy

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
Profess
become the conspiracy

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@iamHBY are you on the Caffeine payroll?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:17 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Finally got to watch. More debatable than I expected it to be. Daylyt won, but it's a solid 2:1 victory not the body some claimed.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #6
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Finally got to watch. More debatable than I expected it to be. Daylyt won, but it's a solid 2:1 victory not the body some claimed.
Was roc really good? Iirc, roc was ok and day was outstanding. Is recency bias contributing to people thinking this was BOTY?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 07-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #7
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Was roc really good? Iirc, roc was ok and day was outstanding. Is recency bias contributing to people thinking this was BOTY?
This year being really trash is a more likely reason. We've got only a small handful of BOTY contenders.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:10 PM   #8
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Granted, I'm normally not really a fan of Tay Roc, but I thought he was pretty good here. However, he ended up standing in front of what I think might be one of Daylyt's best performances ever.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:36 PM   #9
sleeping dogs

sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
roc was definitely really good and woulda beat anyone else that night. daylyt had his best performance outside of the rich dolarz daylyt tho.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:55 AM   #10
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix has seen da-feet
day's really gotta learn to say it not spray it!!!!
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:56 AM   #11
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix has seen da-feet
nigga was up there literally spittin lmao!!!!!
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #12
Profess
become the conspiracy

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Def battle of the year right here so far. What you got Summer Madness? Anyway, Tay Roc did really good here but the best part of his performance was keeping it competitive. Not because it he got bodied then it wouldn't have been a good back and forth. Rather, because as good as Daylyt was here had Roc not been coming hard (pause) too then Daylyt might not have been able to deliver the way he did.

For example, I think the Day that beat Roc would smoke the Lux that beat Surf. That being said, I'm not ready to say that Day would smoke Lux. Because Lux has earned the benefit of the doubt. In other words, Surf did Lux no favors regarding helping him elevate his performance and the replay value of there battle.

*Sidenote
At first I thought it weird of @iamHBY to be posting the app links here. But now I realize it's a good place to discuss the battle regardless.

I watched the stream of this. How many of ya'll have the app? I'd like to see URL go back to a more heavy youtube strategy. But that doesn't appear to be in the cards. Perhaps I'll bit the bullet and get the app. Because I'd like to rewatch this. Does anyone know if the app (I believe it might be a mobile app exclusively) can also be logged in through a web page? I'll have to check if the app works on Android TV. I'm assuming most people don't watch battles on their phones. I don't like that mirror the phone to the tv screen with like a chromecast.. I was doing that a few years ago and I thought it sucked.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:10 PM   #13
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Def battle of the year right here so far. What you got Summer Madness? Anyway, Tay Roc did really good here but the best part of his performance was keeping it competitive. Not because it he got bodied then it wouldn't have been a good back and forth. Rather, because as good as Daylyt was here had Roc not been coming hard (pause) too then Daylyt might not have been able to deliver the way he did.

For example, I think the Day that beat Roc would smoke the Lux that beat Surf. That being said, I'm not ready to say that Day would smoke Lux. Because Lux has earned the benefit of the doubt. In other words, Surf did Lux no favors regarding helping him elevate his performance and the replay value of there battle.

*Sidenote
At first I thought it weird of @iamHBY to be posting the app links here. But now I realize it's a good place to discuss the battle regardless.

I watched the stream of this. How many of ya'll have the app? I'd like to see URL go back to a more heavy youtube strategy. But that doesn't appear to be in the cards. Perhaps I'll bit the bullet and get the app. Because I'd like to rewatch this. Does anyone know if the app (I believe it might be a mobile app exclusively) can also be logged in through a web page? I'll have to check if the app works on Android TV. I'm assuming most people don't watch battles on their phones. I don't like that mirror the phone to the tv screen with like a chromecast.. I was doing that a few years ago and I thought it sucked.
From what I can tell, in addition to be available to view on your phone or watch on Chromecast, the URL app is also available on Apple TV, Roku and XBOX.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:14 PM   #14
Lizman

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Lizman has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
roc was definitely really good and woulda beat anyone else that night. daylyt had his best performance outside of the rich dolarz daylyt tho.
He Wouldn't Have Beaten Loaded Lux
And Daylyt's Rich Dolarz "Performance" Was Only That, Performance.
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:38 PM   #15
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
He Wouldn't Have Beaten Loaded Lux
And Daylyt's Rich Dolarz "Performance" Was Only That, Performance.
idk man i liked daylyt's material even though it wasnt weaved together as well... but i liked some of his material like the bus stop/bust top scheme and his luther vandross line. loot there/ van draws.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 07-31-2020, 10:00 PM   #16
Lizman

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Lizman has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
idk man i liked daylyt's material even though it wasnt weaved together as well... but i liked some of his material like the bus stop/bust top scheme and his luther vandross line. loot there/ van draws.
These Are Literally The Only Two Lines I Liked In That Battle.
Back Then, And Even Now.
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #17
Profess
become the conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
From what I can tell, in addition to be available to view on your phone or watch on Chromecast, the URL app is also available on Apple TV, Roku and XBOX.
Good looking out. I actually have a Roku that I'm not currently using