Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Franco da goat

Old 03-22-2019, 12:19 AM   #41
Slug2003

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Slug2003 is not the worst person
I could be wrong about the English lit major, he has another facebook page linked to the first one under contact information in the bottom right corner. That one has more music related stuff with links to youtube. His last post was in 2015. I emailed him last night asking about new music, he hasn't replied.
Slug2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:55 AM   #42
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
If I recall correctly, Jpro had his battles pulled in order to pursue a professional career... Hence the pro moniker .. but seriously did anything happen in the Jpro v Franco battle that would have caused Franco to hang up his jersey?
no not at all.. I actually remember really enjoying the battle,,fun style clash..was really bummed when i first realized that they took it down.. i could have sworn i heard J-Pro was involved in the upcoming KOTD west coast event though..maybe he's coming back to the battle world?

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:29 AM   #43
Slug2003

@PJ Sumroc I heard the same thing via Lush tweet
Old 03-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #44
Dusted123

Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
@Water Mage I hate to say this but Franco's FB page lists his area of study as environmental studies. But there is a 1% chance I misread that.. I like the English major angle
Environmental studies means he studies the environment of Humboldt county
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #45
Dusted123

Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
no not at all.. I actually remember really enjoying the battle,,fun style clash..was really bummed when i first realized that they took it down.. i could have sworn i heard J-Pro was involved in the upcoming KOTD west coast event though..maybe he's coming back to the battle world?
He's for sure involved but I have no idea if he's battling just seen him post on Facebook about the event in Talkback
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:15 AM   #46
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted123 View Post
He's for sure involved but I have no idea if he's battling just seen him post on Facebook about the event in Talkback
wow BIG if true

/EDIT: NM i thought yall were talking about Franco

Last edited by god level; 03-24-2019 at 05:44 AM.
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #47
Emancee

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Are people really excited for Jpro to come back? I honestly only really liked like one or two of his battles.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #48
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
For Franco to do well in this era he would need to catch lightning in a bottle, he's all lightning, no bottle
you lose me sometimes with your language but thought this was fire

also, Franco has always been super fire in a weird way, would love to see him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #49
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
you lose me sometimes with your language but thought this was fire
@Water Mage is the Walt Clyde Frazier of rmbva
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #50
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Are people really excited for Jpro to come back? I honestly only really liked like one or two of his battles.
i did like some J-Pro battles..but I was more excited to hear that he's coming back to the scene period..since that might mean KOTD would re upload Franco vs J-Pro lol

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:45 AM   #51
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I read his post incorrectly.

I thought Franco was involved.

I am not a J-Pro fan. Though I do support him having a Filipino wife
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #52
Emancee

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
I am not a J-Pro fan. Though I do support him having a Filipino wife
All the cool kids have Asian wives for sure!
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #53
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
@Water Mage is the Walt Clyde Frazier of rmbva
aha I had to look him up. Is it because I am a very talkative and passionate commentator? Can't figure this one out. I'll take it as a compliment though cuz that guy seems cool

I'm just a weirdo who ruminates a lot on topics that most people don't typically don't pay too much mind to

I love this thread though... So glad I'm not the only one who is still a big Franco fan.
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:38 PM   #54
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
aha I had to look him up. Is it because I am a very talkative and passionate commentator? Can't figure this one out. I'll take it as a compliment though cuz that guy seems cool

I'm just a weirdo who ruminates a lot on topics that most people don't typically don't pay too much mind to

I love this thread though... So glad I'm not the only one who is still a big Franco fan.
I was saying that because you got a compliment on the way you said something. WCF is known for having a unique style. I wouldn't say Walt talks more than the average commentator.. he often has a memorable turn of phrase. I'm a Knicks fan. It's a compliment
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #55
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
if franco had come out in this generation of rappers i feel like he couldve been on an action bronson type of branding and been popping outside of battles just making weird humboldt county raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:16 AM   #56
Slug2003

Sorry to bump this thread after so long but about a month ago Franco created a bandcamp page with a large collection of his music. Just saw it today. It has music from 5 albums but they are all in one batch, not organized by individual album. Makes me wonder if something new is in the works.
https://franco10.bandcamp.com/releases
Old 11-27-2019, 06:18 AM   #57
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
On phone show formatting might suck. I would advise against a bunch of random people emailing Franco. Last time I talked to Phillip Drummond about it, he was concerned for Franco's Mental Health. Absolutely not confirming anything on that front or trying to spread rumors, just advising folks to err on the side of caution and not send mass emails to someone who apparently is paranoid about going out in public for fear people might want to hurt him.

Maple Leaf has the bar in correct in that there is no reference to a best friend dying. If I recall correctly, it's literally, this idiot was in a near fatal car accident and then got a DUI like 2 weeks after it which is great

Franco is absolutely one of the best freestyle battle rappers of all time and it sucks he's kind of been lost to history with the annexation of freestyle battles caused by the written era which is much more boring and less skillful in my opinion

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #58
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Banishment, not annexation

Very interested in hearing more stories about Franco though

Best one to me is still when he won a freestyle battle in New York I think and they presented him with a big novelty check that he immediately ruined by folding up and putting in his backpack LOL like it was a real check or something that he should store to cash later and not something for a photo op that he should keep around as a memento

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 11-27-2019, 10:35 PM   #59
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Haven't read the whole thread but watched the first 2 vids posted. He was pretty dope. Wonder how we would fare against today's battlers. I do enjoy era clash battles.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:17 AM   #60
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
My first and only live battle was in 2003. It was the beginning of okwerdz ex-I j-jack (lol) and Franco. After the main battles there was a huge cypher outside. I jumped in and freestyled with ok Franco and ex-I. Everyone was good but Franco was on another level. At first it was everyone going for a few minutes and passing the mic. But at the end Franco rapped by himself for 30+ minutes. Absolutely smoking the session to the point that it garnered a huge crowd. What first started with like 10-15 heads ended with 60-70 all marveling over Franco. He ended it by hitting on my cousins girlfriend. He said something like “ if that fire session doesn’t help me get this girls blessing, i might just end this lesson with her dads service weapon” (she was wearing a shirt that said daughter of a sheriff”

Might not be the crazy bars you here in today’s format but I’ll just say, Franco was for a period of time the best freestyler on the planet. Very humble and cool cat too
Old 11-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #61
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
On phone show formatting might suck. I would advise against a bunch of random people emailing Franco. Last time I talked to Phillip Drummond about it, he was concerned for Franco's Mental Health. Absolutely not confirming anything on that front or trying to spread rumors, just advising folks to err on the side of caution and not send mass emails to someone who apparently is paranoid about going out in public for fear people might want to hurt him.

Maple Leaf has the bar in correct in that there is no reference to a best friend dying. If I recall correctly, it's literally, this idiot was in a near fatal car accident and then got a DUI like 2 weeks after it which is great

Franco is absolutely one of the best freestyle battle rappers of all time and it sucks he's kind of been lost to history with the annexation of freestyle battles caused by the written era which is much more boring and less skillful in my opinion
Damn that’s terrible. How bad is it?
Old 11-30-2019, 06:28 PM   #62
irvsykeg

no idea, not even sure if it's a real thing. don't want to post much about it due to that. only mentioned it because a bunch of folks spamming him could be terrible scenario if his mental health is in question.

bout to watch some franco battles

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221