Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Town Bidness. Updates and thoughts

Old 11-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #81
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Damn, I definitely did not think SK would do all of the things he shouldn't do. Anyway, sounds absolutely terrible and not even in a fun way because it's an unlimited bullshit battle which is never good regardless.

Anybody want to talk about the good battles and actually quote some lines or something?

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #82
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Yo profess thanks for posting quotes fr

Do it from some good battles now

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 11-25-2019, 06:50 PM   #83
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
"Uza" and Frak share a Macintosh, and you wouldn't guess what they were caught doing on it

Seanzo is right
Whoa *dayum.gif*

What were they doing? Jacking off? Do they even take their glasses off? They're probably running through Windows anyway

Old 11-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #84
Devilmatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Devilmatic is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
Whoa *dayum.gif*

What were they doing? Jacking off? Do they even take their glasses off? They're probably running through Windows anyway
run mac THRU windows???? THAT DONT EVEN MAKE SENSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
Appreciate the concern. I didn't get raped btw lol
Devilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #85
Wtchr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
From the sounds of the 8 Mile reference and the Soul Kahn/Diz nonsense we might have moved into a post-battle rap era of battle rap.
Wtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #86
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Yo profess thanks for posting quotes fr

Do it from some good battles now
haha exactly, i want some Illmac/Ness Lee/Fredo bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #87
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1288 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Whoa *dayum.gif*

Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #88
griminey

griminey is not the worst person
Haven't watched this battle yet, and honestly I'm scared too. Apparently diz had a half hour round, he's on twitter bragging about it.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? How many people have to tell him that it is not in his best interest to battle that long. It's like he lives in some kind of bizarro world and just can not get it through his head that nobody wants to watch him battle for that long.

Time and time again it amazes me how little seld awareness diz has, like he just can not get it through his head that 5 minutes is the absolute longest he should ever make a round. I don't even want them that long but under no circumstances should it ever take more than 5 minutes for him to spit a round.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:00 PM   #89
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Frak has an album coming out called B-list Celebrities

Rd 1 TheSaurus

Clowning Frak for getting punched “Fresh coast punching bag”
Says Frak is jacking all of Franco’s mannerisms

RD1 Frak

I got an ace up my sleeve, I don’t need to play the facecard
How’s it been a decade and you still can’t get ahold of Iron
What you get for this battle.. I got 5 bans like you twitter account
I checked how the legends being doing (Hollow, Illmac, Diz) TheSaurus just called Battlefan37 a pathetic human
He only see L’s, nothing about him ever been known as smooth, so we don’t want to see Pete Rock.. we’d rather Reminisce over you
You’re not the greatest of all time you’re just a scapegoat
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:22 PM   #90
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
Haven't watched this battle yet, and honestly I'm scared too. Apparently diz had a half hour round, he's on twitter bragging about it.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? How many people have to tell him that it is not in his best interest to battle that long. It's like he lives in some kind of bizarro world and just can not get it through his head that nobody wants to watch him battle for that long.

Time and time again it amazes me how little seld awareness diz has, like he just can not get it through his head that 5 minutes is the absolute longest he should ever make a round. I don't even want them that long but under no circumstances should it ever take more than 5 minutes for him to spit a round.

Yea I was watching one of his Ruin your day videos and he LOVES unlimited rounds if I recall he said he wouldn't do a battle unless theres unlimited rounds.
Phaget Magnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:53 PM   #91
Emancee

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Anybody want to talk about the good battles and actually quote some lines or something?
There was plenty of good stuff. Actually until the main event it was looking like a solid event. The only problem was that a lot of the battles were one-sided.

Rone was great especially in his first even the Charron Stan's aren't giving him that one,
Ness was fun,
Illmac was really dope(Poor A Ward is joining the good performances to get 30d club)
BiggK was good BiggK.
Pass was flames
I liked Saurus

The only problem is most of the battles where one-sided. Except the Frak battle, all the rest have a clear winner and loser. The only somewhat debatable battles were Frak Vs Saurus, Chilla Vs Real Deal (depending on if you can stomach Chilla), and, although I thought it was clearly Rone, Twitter has decided Rone Vs Charron was also debatable, doh!

The only problem is that there were very few competitive matches.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:21 AM   #92
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I heard khan intentionally threw the battle to troll the battlerap community, which if he did, is pretty brilliant. He picked the 1 person he knew would want unlimited rounds and exploited it to serve his own twisted need for redemption from his past.

It's a masochistic trainwreck, and I have to see it.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:28 AM   #93
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I see some of you old heads still in this dusty mf

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #94
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
I heard khan intentionally threw the battle to troll the battlerap community, which if he did, is pretty brilliant. He picked the 1 person he knew would want unlimited rounds and exploited it to serve his own twisted need for redemption from his past.
Go on his social media, you'll see that is clearly not the case. Just people trying to make sense of the fact that their champion got bodied.

Kahn not getting off with doing the 'Pesci', lol.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 11-26-2019, 02:43 AM   #95
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Go on his social media, you'll see that is clearly not the case. Just people trying to make sense of the fact that their champion got bodied.

Kahn not getting off with doing the 'Pesci', lol.
What did Pesci do?
Phaget Magnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:45 AM   #96
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaget Magnet View Post
What did Pesci do?
Following Pesci's MASSIVE choke against Real Deal, the Pesci stans started a rumor that Pesci didn't actually choke and he was intentionally pretending to choke to troll rap fans.

It turned out to (probably) not be true, but it was quite a common argument to defend Pesci's performance before we realized that massive chokes were the norm for him, not the exception.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:12 AM   #97
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illmac is punishing A Ward.

Pete had above average defense vs Frak.. but Frak won
Old 11-26-2019, 07:05 AM   #98
iamHBY

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'll say that Town Bidness 2 was the most fun I've had when it comes to a battle rap weekend. My apologies if my reactions came off a little extra on camera.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #99
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This thread is a throwback

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #100
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post

It's a masochistic trainwreck, and I have to see it.
Whatever it is let's just hope the experiment is over. No need to waste more budget or air time on Soul Khan. Could have seen this coming from a mile away...a guy who got big off a style that is the absolute furthest thing from what battle rap has grown into, who has since expressed that he basically hates everything battle rap lyrics entail, getting signed up to do his first battle in a decade and the rounds are unlimited against Dizaster.

Now he's out here talking about being up for 36 hours before the battle and having a sore throat? You'd think a dude as smart as him would realize staying awake for 36 hours before a performance like this might be a bad idea. I'd give him a pass on the sore throat if it wasn't likely caused by staying up for 36 hours straight.

I hope Organik gets some sort of a refund because when you pay someone what I can only imagine Soul Khan got paid, you'd have to assume that you at least expect them to take it seriously. We shit on dudes like Cassidy coming back and half assing it but Soul Khan arguably took KOTD for a bigger ride than anyone.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:31 PM   #101
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Chilla vs Real deal was a nice competitive clash. RD addressed method mans remarks in a dope way
Old 11-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #102
Profess
Smooth Criminal

As much as I dislike A ward and think he got beat by Illmac 3-0. I have to admit he has some ok lines/ rebuttals occasionally. During their battle has the first tiime I heard about Illmac getting drunk and disrespecting Ward at a past event
Old 11-26-2019, 07:38 PM   #103
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Whatever it is let's just hope the experiment is over. No need to waste more budget or air time on Soul Khan. Could have seen this coming from a mile away...a guy who got big off a style that is the absolute furthest thing from what battle rap has grown into, who has since expressed that he basically hates everything battle rap lyrics entail, getting signed up to do his first battle in a decade and the rounds are unlimited against Dizaster.

Now he's out here talking about being up for 36 hours before the battle and having a sore throat? You'd think a dude as smart as him would realize staying awake for 36 hours before a performance like this might be a bad idea. I'd give him a pass on the sore throat if it wasn't likely caused by staying up for 36 hours straight.

I hope Organik gets some sort of a refund because when you pay someone what I can only imagine Soul Khan got paid, you'd have to assume that you at least expect them to take it seriously. We shit on dudes like Cassidy coming back and half assing it but Soul Khan arguably took KOTD for a bigger ride than anyone.
I agree having a guy like SK as a headliner is bad for KOTD. Short term, I wonder if it was worth it tho. Part of the reason I copped the PPV was because of my dislike for the new SK. I wanted to see he lose like he did and make it clear that there is no place for SJW nonsense in battle rap. That said, the battle was way too long. I speculate the only reason SK went long is because Diz baited him into it. Also when Diz makes remarks about only wanting to battle unlimited I think part of that is because he is too lazy to clean his style up. Does he even have the ability to do that.. and/or would that make him worse. End of the day, at least Diz brings energy and attack mode.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:07 PM   #104
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I agree having a guy like SK as a headliner is bad for KOTD. Short term, I wonder if it was worth it tho. Part of the reason I copped the PPV was because of my dislike for the new SK. I wanted to see he lose like he did and make it clear that there is no place for SJW nonsense in battle rap. That said, the battle was way too long. I speculate the only reason SK went long is because Diz baited him into it. Also when Diz makes remarks about only wanting to battle unlimited I think part of that is because he is too lazy to clean his style up. Does he even have the ability to do that.. and/or would that make him worse. End of the day, at least Diz brings energy and attack mode.
Yeah tbh it seems like Soul Khan let the unlimited part get to his head. Spent all his time writing and not enough actually practicing and deciding on delivery.

Soul Khan always been trash to me tbh but he absolutely has a strong delivery. Probably the only strength he has. The only way he beats Diz is by letting Diz rap forever spitting everything thatís crossed his mind over the last few months and then come with 3 strong 4-5 minute rounds that are structured and concise. Deliver it well and you have a chance. I mean this guys never had a battle over 9 minutes and he shows up with 40 minutes of material?
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:22 PM   #105
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
Holy shit Soul Khan is sticking it up so badly right now. I'm hoping I'm at the end of this round but apparently this battle is three days long so maybe not.

I don't even want to get into it. Khan isn't built for this anymore.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:47 PM   #106
EchosMyron

It just keeps getting worse. SK is like straight off a breadtube binge and is shadowboxing against some dude he "debated" in a comment section that isn't there. On top of that he can't even rap anymore.

This is so embarrassing and it just keeps getting worse.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:09 AM   #107
EchosMyron

The incredible thing about this battle is that as bad as Soul Khan sucks, Diz sucks nearly just as bad.

Maybe SK never wanted to come back at all and this was a 4D chess move to make people hate battle rap.

If that's the case then it almost worked but instead I just hate myself for watching this.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:28 AM   #108
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post

Maybe SK never wanted to come back at all and this was a 4D chess move to make people hate battle rap.
That reminds me of the theory that Hollow let Math win as a favor
Old 11-27-2019, 02:39 AM   #109
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Saurus vs Frak was great!

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:25 AM   #110
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
Think people massively overestimating how much we care about Soul Kahn in 2019. We're bigger than one shitty battle, lol. Soul Kahn would have had to have ruined the Rone, Illmac, Pass, Bigg K etc performances to make me anything less than hyped after this one.

Hell, in this battle the only stuff I remember is the super negative stuff that Diz had, lol. That has to count as an SJW loss.

Last edited by Emancee; 11-27-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:20 AM   #111
irvsykeg

Casual you have some pretty terrible opinions on battle rap

Old 11-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #112
irvsykeg

Diz has never met a multi that he didn't like

Old 11-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #113
irvsykeg

Someone should tell him it's more impressive to get the point across with less connecting ideas

Especially when the connecting ideas suck. Sucks because his energy and performance are unparalleled.

Didn't watch the battle in a definitely not going to, they his line in the trailer is all I needed to see

Old 11-27-2019, 11:36 PM   #114
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
A Ward vs Illmac was a 4.5/5 battle for me. Same for Charron and Rone. Both you definitely need to see.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:44 AM   #115
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
I watched 2 of the battles so far. Caustic 3-0'd Mack Myron, no body tho. Mack Myron would start his rounds out good but after a minute or 2 he starts reaching a lot and it's very easy to lose intrest in his material. Caustic did his usual shit and picked up an easy W. Pretty decent battle worth the watch.

Rone definitely bodied Charron imo. Charrons 2nd was his strongest but honestly he had too many cringey moments once again. The small dick stuff in the 1st really threw off the momentum he had built. Rone came with absolute fire and he took angles on Charron that nobody else has ever touched on. VERY refreshing to see Rone come back and perform so well. Charron wasnt horrible... Just kinda meh... But this was definitely a 3-0 bodybag for Rone.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:49 AM   #116
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
rone ended charron's life.
magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #117
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmatic View Post
run mac THRU windows???? THAT DONT EVEN MAKE SENSE
This is a real thing and it's called a virtual machine.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #118
Ode To Street Hassle

Ode To Street Hassle is not the worst person

Last edited by Ode To Street Hassle; 11-28-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Ode To Street Hassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:51 PM   #119
griminey

griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaget Magnet View Post
Yea I was watching one of his Ruin your day videos and he LOVES unlimited rounds if I recall he said he wouldn't do a battle unless theres unlimited rounds.
Yeah, i remember a blog he made when he was beefing with kotd saying he wouldn't do another battle where the rounds weren't unlimited. Kotd should not allow this kind of thing to happen, but diz and them need each other so i guess they're giving him what he wants.

That's a major difference between him and people like hollow, pat, lux etc they would never want unlimited rounds, they know it only hurts them in the long run.

griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #120
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
Yeah, i remember a blog he made when he was beefing with kotd saying he wouldn't do another battle where the rounds weren't unlimited. Kotd should not allow this kind of thing to happen, but diz and them need each other so i guess they're giving him what he wants.

That's a major difference between him and people like hollow, pat, lux etc they would never want unlimited rounds, they know it only hurts them in the long run.

I think Organik had an image of creating one of those legendary Smack 60-minute plus videos, it just spectacularly backfired

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221