Battle Smack/URL Presents: K-Shine vs Geechi Gotti

View Poll Results: Who won?
K-Shine 1 7.69%
Geechi Gotti 12 92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Presents: K-Shine vs Geechi Gotti

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
geechi 2-1 clear.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It seems like awhile ago since this happened
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:21 AM   #4
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Geechi 3-0, Shines crew was gassin crazy.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 512 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Nutty Blocc Crip vs Harlem G-Shine Blood
The Jewish man 3-0
shoutout to the young Jerry Hellers

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 02-07-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
I was about to lie and say Geechi won like most of ya'll... because I really fuck with homie... but I couldn't.. Shine overpowered Geechi here something serious. I COULDN'T LIVE WITH MYSELF IF I LIED. I don't know how ya'll do it.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #7
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 416 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
groupthink here is incredible

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #8
iamHBY

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wrote this elsewhere, but this breaks down my thoughts on the battle.

While I'm still not entirely sure about the specifics of K-Shine sounding like Nu Jerzey Twork in his Geechi Gotti battle, I'd have to say after a fresh watch of the battle, my opinion of the battle went from having Geechi winning the 2nd and 3rd and Shine taking the 1st on the PPV, to now having it where Geechi got every round (no body though). I thought Geechi's rounds were a little more fleshed out, and stuff like the "I'd rather let the coroner Soowoop/swoop you," "Internally bleeding" and the "Food coloring" bars were genuinely pretty creative. Plus, Geechi nailed the style breakdown segment in the second pretty well, very accurate.

With Shine, I think what made his rounds not particularly effective with me were a few things. For one, his delivery sounded a little labored, and he pretty much kept up that kind of delivery the entire battle. Two, normally, I'm pretty good at being able to block out a crowd when judging a battle, but considering how much Shine's entourage kept reacting every couple of bars, it didn't really allow for a proper build up to a punch IMO, so Shine's rounds were mostly just him doing one-liners where the set up and punch were in the same bar, instead of allowing a build up to a proper big punch (and when this kind of thing drags on for 3 rounds, it becomes repetitive quickly). And when the entourage is reacting to every single punch like "IT'S DIFFERENT," it has me second guessing whether the material was actually good or not, and lowers the bar for what lines constitute such a reaction.

And finally, as far as the Blood thing, I wouldn't have minded if Shine had somehow incorporated a line of some sort as a punch to justify the entourage, but instead, it came off like he was trying to overcompensate for mediocre material by going over the top with the gang shit (and he made it even worse by having shitty defense during Geechi's rounds, where he'd be snapping on his side for reacting to a Geechi bar). I dunno, maybe I'm nitpicking a little too much here, but it seems like Geechi's rounds have aged better than Shine's, with Geechi's material being a little more layered and varied, while Shine's material was basically something I instantly got but felt fatigue from due to him running a specific template-based approach to one style of battle rap into the ground.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:55 PM   #9
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Wrote this elsewhere, but this breaks down my thoughts on the battle.

While I'm still not entirely sure about the specifics of K-Shine sounding like Nu Jerzey Twork in his Geechi Gotti battle, I'd have to say after a fresh watch of the battle, my opinion of the battle went from having Geechi winning the 2nd and 3rd and Shine taking the 1st on the PPV, to now having it where Geechi got every round (no body though). I thought Geechi's rounds were a little more fleshed out, and stuff like the "I'd rather let the coroner Soowoop/swoop you," "Internally bleeding" and the "Food coloring" bars were genuinely pretty creative. Plus, Geechi nailed the style breakdown segment in the second pretty well, very accurate.

With Shine, I think what made his rounds not particularly effective with me were a few things. For one, his delivery sounded a little labored, and he pretty much kept up that kind of delivery the entire battle. Two, normally, I'm pretty good at being able to block out a crowd when judging a battle, but considering how much Shine's entourage kept reacting every couple of bars, it didn't really allow for a proper build up to a punch IMO, so Shine's rounds were mostly just him doing one-liners where the set up and punch were in the same bar, instead of allowing a build up to a proper big punch (and when this kind of thing drags on for 3 rounds, it becomes repetitive quickly). And when the entourage is reacting to every single punch like "IT'S DIFFERENT," it has me second guessing whether the material was actually good or not, and lowers the bar for what lines constitute such a reaction.

And finally, as far as the Blood thing, I wouldn't have minded if Shine had somehow incorporated a line of some sort as a punch to justify the entourage, but instead, it came off like he was trying to overcompensate for mediocre material by going over the top with the gang shit (and he made it even worse by having shitty defense during Geechi's rounds, where he'd be snapping on his side for reacting to a Geechi bar). I dunno, maybe I'm nitpicking a little too much here, but it seems like Geechi's rounds have aged better than Shine's, with Geechi's material being a little more layered and varied, while Shine's material was basically something I instantly got but felt fatigue from due to him running a specific template-based approach to one style of battle rap into the ground.
Solid breakdown. 2-1 either way EC will say Shine WC will say Gotti. I agree with so much of your justification on why Shine lost heavy though.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #10
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOfficial View Post
I was about to lie and say Geechi won like most of ya'll... because I really fuck with homie... but I couldn't.. Shine overpowered Geechi here something serious. I COULDN'T LIVE WITH MYSELF IF I LIED. I don't know how ya'll do it.
Dead. LOL
Old 02-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #11
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Basically both were equally pretty good, so it comes down to the best round which was Geechi's third, so narrow W to GG.
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, Charron gun bars, kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins, wearing bad clothes choices so you can rebuttal, Stone Cold/ cans...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote