Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
How can y'all even be discussing / care about battle rap right now?

Old 07-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
How can y'all even be discussing / care about battle rap right now?

With all this fucked up shit happening in the world?
Old 07-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
bruh

really?

how can you even be on the interent right now lush, with all this stuff happening in the world?

im stuck at work so i can't be out there making a difference, you don't have a job so what's your excuse?
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
DNA's Missing Tooth

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
DNA's Missing Tooth is a PY Poster
if everyone was constantly focused on the negatives of life this world would be even worse than it already is
DNA's Missing Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm not saying go grab a picket sign I'm saying like "y'all actually care"???
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
Escapism
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA's Missing Tooth View Post
if everyone was constantly focused on the negatives of life this world would be even worse than it already is
True but if we ignored them we would eventually be consumed by them..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #7
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
are we supposed to grind to a halt and act like we care about stuff that has no effect on us,just to appear to be caring online?

A.C.A.B

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #8
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBetz of NoCoast View Post
Escapism
Yeah Fasho.. I guess I got too big of a heart to ignore this shit tho
Old 07-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #9
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
I'm not saying go grab a picket sign I'm saying like "y'all actually care"???
i don't think anyone's saying we don't actually care...but you can only talk about that so much regardless. gotta keep it moving man, we have hobbies and things, im not gonna stop my life over a shooting that happened in a country i don't even live in. The USA been fucked, this shit happens all the time.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #10
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
are we supposed to grind to a halt and act like we care about stuff that has no effect on us,just to appear to be caring online?

A.C.A.B
I guess not, especially if you in another continent (which has its own fair share of atrocities atm).. I'm personally finding it hard to care about anything and don't know what to do.. What's happening to our world is disgusting to me tho
Old 07-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #11
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
i don't think anyone's saying we don't actually care...but you can only talk about that so much regardless. gotta keep it moving man, we have hobbies and things, im not gonna stop my life over a shooting that happened in a country i don't even live in. The USA been fucked, this shit happens all the time.
Maybe living in the inner city of a major American metropolis I just feel the urgency a bit more..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #12
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I guess not, especially if you in another continent (which has its own fair share of atrocities atm).. I'm personally finding it hard to care about anything and don't know what to do.. What's happening to our world is disgusting to me tho
reach out to loved ones/people who you care for tht you have drifted from.the only thing yu can do in times of uncertainty is to be there for those around you and connect with them.

gotta take the chances that so many are denied.

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #13
Casual

Quote:
Maybe living in the inner city of a major American metropolis I just feel the urgency a bit more..
yeah but like is this really different than last time?

did you have the same reaction then? i bet you did. that's no fault against you...the majority seem to fall into the cycle. something like this happens, everyone takes to the internet and discusses how disgusting the world is and how there needs to be a change, what can be done, etc. a week later you forget about. three weeks later it happens again and we start all over.

nothing will get done though.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #14
Nick H.

I just personally find it hard to care about battle rap stuff or even my own shit right now.. Especially on a battle rap message board.. We are entertained by black culture but god forbid we have to deal with any black issues.. Or even moreso human rights in general.. And the general safety of our people.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #15
Nick H.

I will say as an 80s baby who lived in LA during the crack epidemic, the riots, the invasion of violent gangs, and numerous police scandals- this is the most frightening time I have ever experienced..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:12 PM   #16
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
well im not allowed to do protest or have an opinion..i signed that right away and even speaking on here is something i shouldnt do

yall in america is our brothers and sisters tho so it does affect me. even tho i only get the news from cnn and nobody talks about it here, it bothers me more than all the atrocities in mideast/far away lands (which is insensitive and sad but true, desensitized)
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #17
Nick H.

Word up..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #18
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
@mods, @Seanzo, @riffic, @ErikForeman, can we merge avocado's, Rocky's, and lush's thread into one mega thread?
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #19
Casual

I will say though this Dallas shit is gonna have a terrible fallout.

One step closer to an even more militaristic police force. It's kinda fucked...I mean something like this almost needed to happen...it was inevitable. But one dude killing 5 cops is gonna result in much more than 5 innocent lower class people (probably black) people dying because cops are "scared", and this will be used to legitimize that stance even more.

Like these motherfuckers use a bomb defusal robot carrying a bomb to off this dude...

What can you really do though? You fight back non-violently and nothing changes, you fight back violently and you're inevitably gonna lose and shit will just become worse for you.

Last edited by Casual; 07-08-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #20
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
With all this fucked up shit happening in the world?
Cause it was happening before this week and after this week it will still be happening... You can't let that shit run your life or takeaway from the things you enjoy...

I'm not saying that there aren't important issues that we need to address in America at all! I'm just saying that just because the news is covering it today doesn't mean the same shit didn't happen last week

If I had to put a hold on everything in my life everytime I heard a kid from my hood died I wouldn't be able to find time to do anything...

Therefore I still can watch battle rap and no that this shit has been happening forever and is going to keep happening for awhile so I just gotta do my part to contribute and go on with life
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #21
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
those 5 police officers dedicated their lives to helping people
they were not the murderers
Old 07-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #22
Casual

And honestly, as an outsider, there is no fix. Your country is well beyond the point of no return.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #23
WiggerDaDon
I'm retarded

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WiggerDaDon is not the worst person
Quote:
bruh

really?

how can you even be on the interent right now lush, with all this stuff happening in the world?

im stuck at work so i can't be out there making a difference, you don't have a job so what's your excuse?

I'm white
WiggerDaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #24
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
True but if we ignored them we would eventually be consumed by them..
just because people are on here talking about battle rap doesnt mean theyre ignoring whats happening in america

edit: also ive been realizing a huge chunk of this forum isnt even from america
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #25
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
those 5 police officers dedicated their lives to helping people
they were not the murderers
You can make that argument but the problem is what they represent.

They represent a group of people that HELP other people get away with murder. Sure, most cops are probably half decent people (though you have to question the values of anyone who wishes to become a police officer, but I imagine many of them have delusions of actually helping the community in some way) but they also protect the bad cops.

The department always has the back of the pieces of shit who murder innocent people. Making up excuses, giving bullshit statements of how "in that situation....." etc. If they would cut all that bullshit and just call a spade a spade and throw that murderer in general pop you'd have a lot less problems.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #26
averagejoe

1st world dom announcement goes up

lush tries run people away from battle rap content

the war has begun
Old 07-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #27
Nick H.

I just feel hella sad
Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #28
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i feel u
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #29
averagejoe

Quote:
The department always has the back of the pieces of shit who murder innocent people. Making up excuses, giving bullshit statements of how "in that situation....." etc. If they would cut all that bullshit and just call a spade a spade and throw that murderer in general pop you'd have a lot less problems.

its not the individual cops who decide who gets backed for doing horrible shit man

thats generalizing just like we are saying the murderer ones are doing to coloured people.

its really the murderers themselves and the administration..the guys in charge and not police in general
Old 07-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #30
averagejoe

its the murderers, racists and decision makers not the people working 12 hours a day going to 80% domestic violence calls and dealing with the shit nobody else can
Old 07-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #31
LukeWaltonisGoat

LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
its not the individual cops who decide who gets backed for doing horrible shit man

thats generalizing just like we are saying the murderer ones are doing to coloured people.

its really the murderers themselves and the administration..the guys in charge and not police in general

Facts! I would like to see more cops publicly speak out about the problem though but for sure harming cops who have nothing to do with these individuals situations isnt going to solve anything.

What's more fucked up about that Dallas situation is the Dallas PD actually helped with organizing that BLM protest and were even there in support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:

Old 07-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #32
averagejoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
Facts! I would like to see more cops publicly speak out about the problem though but for sure harming cops who have nothing to do with these individuals situations isnt going to solve anything
they do!

not cops from the same department as it happens tho, otherwise they wouldn't be cops anymore. doesn't mean they dont care just as much as us and arent disgusted. they probly only even stay to so they can make an individual difference
Old 07-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #33
averagejoe

i bet u a lot of the chiefs want to fire those cops right away. on the spot and send em to trial.

but the unions/associations sues the department AND the city for millions because thats what happens if u dont follow the process. that cop is protected by "reasonably perceived threat" the most loosely worded sentence created

question is who fixes that shit?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #34
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
they do!

not cops from the same department as it happens tho, otherwise they wouldn't be cops anymore. doesn't mean they dont care just as much as us and arent disgusted. they probly only even stay to so they can make an individual difference

I've seen very few cops at least where I'm from publicly comment on the issue bro there are plenty of cops in my city that have a voice and never do they say anything about what's going on not saying none do but would like to see more and more start doing it

Quote:

Old 07-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #35
Nick H.

I got love for all y'all.. Hope us as a society pull thru..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #36
averagejoe

Quote:
I've seen very few cops at least where I'm from publicly comment on the issue bro there are plenty of cops in my city that have a voice and never do they say anything about what's going on not saying none do but would like to see more and more start doing it

police has a military-like hierarchy right.. same as even here in canada. different names from them but u got the cop, his sergeant, staff sergeant, inspector, chief, police board members

all the way up to inspector and sometimes chief, ur not allowed to make ANY public statements on anything police related without permission or directive. its insubordination and ur fired if they dont like it. some serious like this the controlling party over the chief has 100% say. and its probably the mayor of the city whos told by the governor whos told by who ever the governers boss is

that shit reaches so high...every1 is a pawn that can be discredited/unemployed for straying the laid out path
Old 07-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #37
LukeWaltonisGoat

I agree but that's exactly why they need to speak out if a bunch of them don't do something about it nothing will change...

Think of what you just described an issue that's clearly wrong I think we can all agree! And a hierarchy doing their part to keep it that way... And ppl not speaking out because of fear...

America was segregated 50-60 years ago imagine if ppl who were being punished and harassed for speaking out weren't brave enough to do so anyways (Martin, Malcolm, Rosa Parks) what would have changed...

In order for this same issue to change its gonna take brave groups of police officers who aren't afraid to speak out against this same bullshit system
@SpecialOh
Quote:

Old 07-08-2016, 07:45 PM   #38
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
5char

Rip ux9

Last edited by RickyProehl; 07-08-2016 at 09:21 PM. Reason: nvmd
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #39
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
lush is an all lives matter supporter

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #40
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Facts! I would like to see more cops publicly speak out about the problem though but for sure harming cops who have nothing to do with these individuals situations isnt going to solve anything.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
godsavethequeen, rulebritannia