Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement So One-Third of Backout 7 Didn't Even Happen.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
So One-Third of Backout 7 Didn't Even Happen.

Long thread. Just ranting TL;dr fuck a dick.

Battles that actually happened

Day 1

Aftershock vs jeff
DNA vs A ward
Gjonaj vs Chilla
Day vs cortez
Diz vs serius

Day 2

krome vs esem
loso vs jimz
marv/quest vs carter/chedda (cut out during ppv bust most was shown)
Rone vs Ice

Cancelled

Pass vs Ness -Replacement battle (completely botched on stream)
Verb vs Charron
Ness Vs P nut
pass vs yung ill
Bonnie vs caustic

So if you were not there live and got fucced over during Pass vs Ness, you were essentially jipped out of around 1/3 of the entire card.

I understand some of this shit is beyond their control when it comes to passports and shit, but there's evidence to suggest KotD knew far ahead of time that at least Caustic vs Bonnie wasn't going down and never formally announced it, even now. It's like they didn't even wanna do it after the Verb/Ill/Pnut back outs as some kind of damage control and to probably not hurt ppv sales.

Caustic wasn't tweeting anything about Blackout in the week leading up to the event, and it wasn't until someone tweeted him on day 2 asking about his battle, that he replied with some shit about (don't know how to embed tweets)

"For those wondering.. I dislocated my knee/tore my mcl this week and need surgery immediately so unfortunately I didn't make it."

Hmmm that's a little shady. Anyways, They didn't deliver on 1/3 of their product. It's not that expensive, but on principle I can't support jenky ass business practices like that.

A lot of people wait and buy the PPV the day of in order to avoid paying for cancelled battles. If they were more forthcoming beforehand when they knew all these people didn't show or weren't going to, a lot of us would have said fuck that in a heartbeat. AND THEY KNEW THAT.

From someone who bought most of these events in the past "to show support" and hasn't bootlegged,

Rest in Piss Kotd
Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
From your perspective, this seems really bad. I haven't really kept up with what has happened with BO7, but if you're right, that's a big let down. I thought the Nome event ppv was pretty bad and I expected KOTD to top it by a large margin. I can understand your frustration.

A 1/3 of the event not occurring is laughable but may not have been totally KOTD's fault. Still it's disappointing, I wouldn't blame if you didn't purchase another ppv event.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Could be worse, it could've been Blackout 4.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I think it's disingenuous to count Pass vs Ness as not happening when it did in fact happen
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
OP is right tbh it's not so much the fact that battlers didn't show which is to an extent understandable if it's because of border issues or battlers themselves being flakes but if they had prior knowledge days leading up to the event that these matches weren't going down then yeah that's shady as fuck and I kinda want a refund the more I think about it... I had to work today so I went to bed and avoided spoilers on social media all day just so I could watch em when I got home so I'm just now finding this out lol pretty shitty

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #6
Devilmatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Devilmatic is not the worst person
None of the cancellations were advertised adequately. I'm pretty sure they knew about Verb not being able to make it something like 2 weeks ago.

I'm stuggling not to think they are doing it on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
Appreciate the concern. I didn't get raped btw lol
Devilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
Devilmatic

Devilmatic is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
OP is right tbh it's not so much the fact that battlers didn't show which is to an extent understandable if it's because of border issues or battlers themselves being flakes but if they had prior knowledge days leading up to the event that these matches weren't going down then yeah that's shady as fuck and I kinda want a refund the more I think about it... I had to work today so I went to bed and avoided spoilers on social media all day just so I could watch em when I got home so I'm just now finding this out lol pretty shitty
I feel the same way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
Appreciate the concern. I didn't get raped btw lol
Devilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #8
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
there's only one way to rectify this, get Tycoon Tax vs Skelly on Canadian daytime TV, stat.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:14 PM   #9
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
repeating what I said in the update thread;

quoted NEVER announces when their major battles get cancelled before events, and a lot of the time they don't even announce it at the event. they just keep things going and pretend like it never was supposed to happen.

there have been times where we knew like 2-3 days before that a battle wasn't gonna go down and they didn't say nothing at all.

i'd imagine the only reason churn vs verb was announced was because they wanted the SMACK KILLA to talk shit about the big bad flakey street rapper to validate themselves a bit, making sure it didn't look like verb didn't show cuz he just doesnt give a fuck (not that that's why he no-showed, but kotd's decision making projects a lot)

they have a problem taking responsibility for things that fuck up on them. point blank. it's always someone else fault, the "fans" have to always show them 100% love or they're haters, and if a battle is cancelled there's nothing they can do about it anyway so why bring it up.. it's not their fault!!!

but i don't think a major league has ever had as many battles fall through as kotd. its always been like.. every major event, you can expect 3 battles you wanted to watch cancel. and 90% of the issue could boil down to them holding these big multi day cards in fuckin toronto. i can't imagine how many battles, or even events as a whole that decision has ruined.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #10
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
I think it's disingenuous to count Pass vs Ness as not happening when it did in fact happen
You're right. I just meant moreso that for PPV viewers paying for the "live" experience or close to it, that battle didn't happen.

This came off as pretty disingenuous to me, given all we know now:

"Although, we did set up a Dizaster battle for tonight incase a situation like this occurred it's still an unfortunate situation and will be rescheduled ASAP!

Last edited by Tom HAAANHKS; 04-16-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
Best believe bootlegs on deck for everyone next kotd event. Ill pass them around to everyone.

I probably wont ever pay for a ppv again. That was unacceptable. Not to mention all the battles that didnt happen. That makes it even worse.

I payed 30 and to me daylyt and 2 vs 2 and title match were the only good battles.
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #12
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
It just all looks like shit work on all fronts - bad organization, bad contracts, bad enforcement, completely unprofessional bullshit from battlers... Nothing i wouldn't expect to be 100. I've been following battles long enough to know 1/5 events or less actually do anything worth watching. Especially when these weren't exactly battles many of us wanted to see.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #13
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Could be worse, it could've been Blackout 4.
god that was fucking horrible
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #14
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom HAAANHKS View Post
there's evidence to suggest KotD knew far ahead of time that at least Caustic vs Bonnie wasn't going down and never formally announced it, even now. It's like they didn't even wanna do it after the Verb/Ill/Pnut back outs as some kind of damage control and to probably not hurt ppv sales.

at what point does this become knowingly deceptive and fraudulent?
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
I feel like the same issues have been present for years now and nothing has really changed in regards to preventing these issues
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #16
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Two day events are the actual worst.

8BW was a 3-day event and it kind of worked as it had a Training Days day in London on the Friday, ALL MAIN EVENTS in Leeds on the Saturday and then a chilled out Leeds Sunday with smaller battles but still a really good card. I did not enjoy 7BW at all it was just such a long weekend

I'd much rather have a stacked day of battles than two days with 5 battles each, that shit kind of weak.

I always watch Blackout live and I would've done the same this year but I had work commitments but I really think this year was hurt by being two days instead of one, as a one day event that would be a really really good card but spread out that is just a bit dry.

Massacre is definitely my favourite event series at the moment, hope there's a third installment this year but I imagine it's being pushed back because of Blackout being pushed back?

Last edited by RyMo; 04-16-2017 at 09:58 PM.
RyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #17
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
10 rack of lamb

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 04-16-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #18
lukej

lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
https://twitter.com/pnutCA/status/853524057618210818

at what point does this become knowingly deceptive and fraudulent?
Wow wtf
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #19
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

then rap a whole 16
Old 04-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #20
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSH81189 View Post
god that was fucking horrible
Yeah, the amount of cancellations for that event was insane.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:59 PM   #21
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
dead at ganik saying "when you book 30 people for an event, some will have issues" and yet still tryna throw events with 30 battlers lmao.

KOTD should just have the vancouver division to run Canadian events, gully run GZ events(mainly in detroit), nikiya run the mass event, and ganik n avo work together on like 3/4 events in cali a year.

tryna get two day events in canada just seems dumb at this point, and the Toronto crowds dnt add as much as other places.

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:31 AM   #22
Cabbagetown

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cabbagetown is not the worst person
Mass series, bunker series, and gvg..all top events, all one day...there is a common denominator here.
Cabbagetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:38 AM   #23
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
i disagree with the assessment but im cool with that, every1 got different opinions

organik is annoying tho always with the same bs

telling people how to feel on twitter or what their opinion SHOULD BE is not your job
That's what talkback's for #zing
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #24
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
"u shouldnt be mad, because i lost money too"

not my problem!

naw but for real the ppl complaining paid. he has their money. sounds like u mad at certain individuals and maybe u shud take this convo up wit them.

side note..organik's a cuck who lets battlers walk all over him
but i like him personally hes good peeps
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #25
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Swave Sevah vs Shotti P went down as well..so 6 battles happened on day 2

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #26
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
lmao at ill and pnut not wanting their matchups exposed. smh. mass3 better go well and we need the bunker back asap. small cards outside of toronto >>>>>
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 AM   #27
averagejoe
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
lmao at ill and pnut not wanting their matchups exposed.
i dont even get it
u clearly do whats he mean matches exposed? like ahead of time, after they were not already happening? :S
Old 04-17-2017, 02:31 AM   #28
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
I bought the ppv and I can't re watch the day 2 battles !! What the fuck ?! They got the title match up and all of day 1

This some bull

w/e
el gordo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:37 AM   #29
iamHBY

At least KOTD was apparently smart enough not to send Ill a deposit, since he never sent a signed contract back.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #30
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
i'm almost positive if you tear your mcl, your doctor will usually try to put you thru physical therapy before surgery because it'd be ultra-swollen and difficult to operate on

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #31
averagejoe
©

did anybody say why caustic told him thursday hes not going?

seems like hes throwing the most shade at caustic
Old 04-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #32
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
lmao at ill and pnut not wanting their matchups exposed. smh. mass3 better go well and we need the bunker back asap. small cards outside of toronto >>>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
i dont even get it
u clearly do whats he mean matches exposed? like ahead of time, after they were not already happening? :S
I think he is saying that if they had announced that P-Nut and Ill weren't battling, they might then reveal who their opponents were if they happened to do an interview explanation for cancelling AND THEN we would figure out that Ness vs Pass was happening instead.

I don't think I would normally believe that, it's such poor reasoning. On the otherhand KOTD are so reluctant to drop the surprise theme that I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #33
lukej

Diz confirmed that the PPV sales were slow that's why he participated

That is 100 percent the only reason they didn't announce cancellations.

If you don't believe that you're a moron
Old 04-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #34
griminey

griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukej View Post
Diz confirmed that the PPV sales were slow that's why he participated

That is 100 percent the only reason they didn't announce cancellations.

If you don't believe that you're a moron
That's interesting. At some point during the ppv didn't LNS say the broke some kind of ppv record? I'm sure not announcing cancellations is purely motivated by money, which is what annoys me the most about the whole thing. If I believed it was about the integrity of the card maybe I would feel differently.

Another thing, when bishop was talking shit about yung and p nut with all that "it's called blackout, not back out," shit, then he makes a video saying yung never even signed a contract? How the fuck is it backing out if you never even signed the God damn contract? Frankly I'd find it odd if you did decide to show up to the event.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #35
lukej

Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
That's interesting. At some point during the ppv didn't LNS say the broke some kind of ppv record? I'm sure not announcing cancellations is purely motivated by money, which is what annoys me the most about the whole thing. If I believed it was about the integrity of the card maybe I would feel differently.

Another thing, when bishop was talking shit about yung and p nut with all that "it's called blackout, not back out," shit, then he makes a video saying yung never even signed a contract? How the fuck is it backing out if you never even signed the God damn contract? Frankly I'd find it odd if you did decide to show up to the event.

Pretty sure they wanted him to show up first

And yeah, Diz definitely said that in an Angryfans interview

How is a PPV record being broken when Organik claims he lost money?
Old 04-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #36
west coast style

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
west coast style is not the worst person
Ganik: "when you book 30 people for an event, some will have issues"

Protip: don't book 30 people for an event
west coast style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #37
Solace254

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Quick question:

So if you didn't announce the cancellations​ in advance, which means the same expected attendance showed, bought ppvs, merch, etc. You booked the hotels and flights for the battlers that didn't show. Doesn't that mean that profits were the same and you didn't actually lose money, but just wasted it instead?

Also wouldn't you have saved more money considering the battlers usually get paid in two parts? Someone school me please because I'm lost.
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:17 PM   #38
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post

I cant help but think back to the blackout promo footage of yung ill they kept playing over and over saying "it's genius" blah blah and wonder how long did ill/they
know that he wasn't showing up but kept lettin it roll

then rap a whole 16
Old 04-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #39
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
Hes gon lose more money next event when we all bootleg the shit out of the next ppv.

Fuck outta here
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #40
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
so as a consumer - your loss on the product is inconsequential if the loss I (as the vendor) have made on providing you with said substandard product is considerably more substantial than your individual investment.

That's a fire business plan + guaranteed not to piss anyone off.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8203, zing